facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 23, 2014, 12:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default NZ thread

Hate to start with a negative so...

Great win against the WI @ WI. Williamson is becoming a rock.

+++
Williamson banned from bowling due to illegal action

Kane Williamson, the part-time New Zealand offspinner, has been suspended from bowling in international cricket after his action was found to be illegal.

Williamson was reported for a suspect action following the second Test against West Indies in Trinidad in June and was sent for biomechanical testing at Cardiff Metropolitan University. That testing has shown that Williamson's elbow extension when bowling exceeds the 15 degrees allowable under the ICC rules.

As a result of that finding, Williamson has been banned from bowling in all international cricket matches, a suspension that can only be lifted if and when he reworks his action and has it found legal by similar independent testing. Williamson has declared his intention to focus on remedial work to improve his action and hopes to be able to bowl again in future.

"I note the findings of Dr Craig Ranson and his team at Cardiff Met and will concentrate on changing whatever's necessary to return to the bowling crease," Williamson said. "Clearly, the onus is on me to satisfy assessors as to the legality of my action, and I'm aware I have some hard work in front of me to achieve that goal.
"It's never nice, going through this sort of process but it will be worth it if I can manage to bowl again at international level."

Williamson was reported by the umpires Ian Gould, Richard Illingworth and Rod Tucker, as well as the match referee Chris Broad, following the Trinidad Test. At the time, the ICC said the umpires' report from that match had cited "concerns over a number of deliveries that they considered to be suspect".

Williamson bowled 15.2 overs during that match and although his primary role in the New Zealand side is as the No.3 batsman, his part-time offbreaks have brought him 24 wickets at 40.66 from his 34 Test appearances. Mike Hesson, the New Zealand coach, said he was hopeful Williamson would be able to bowl for his country again.
"Kane's disappointed, clearly - anyone in his situation would feel the same way," Hesson said. "He now has a challenge on his hands if he's to bowl again at the top level, but we're very hopeful he can manage it."

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.
Old July 23, 2014, 04:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

NZ I feel will be a solid team for the next decade. Taylor, Williamson plus BMac, Watling, Neesham the tail can bat as well. World class seamers in Boult and Southee, and even Wagner and others are superb 3rd and 4th seamers. Add in Milne who is one of the quickest seamers around. Only 2 weak spots: opening batsman and no quality spinner to fill Vettori's shoes. Sodhi should be persisted with.

#OneTeam1Dream