facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old September 5, 2013, 10:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

It would be nice to have a front page article at least twice a week. Even if only the mods and staff members were to author these articles, we're talking 3-4 articles per head per year. To make this financially feasible there can be a paid membership option. Paid members will have access to these articles as soon as they're published; they'll be made available to everyone else a month later. I'm guessing at least 200 members would sign up for this to read the latest articles even if they had to pay $100 per year. That's 20 grand right there. If $100 fee is paid for authoring an article then the total fee would be slightly more than $10,000.

Old September 5, 2013, 10:58 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I think the articles would be a lot more frequent if we were playing often. These days its one series and then we wait for 4-5 months or even longer. There isn't a lot happening at the moment to write about i guess.
Old September 6, 2013, 05:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
It would be nice to have a front page article at least twice a week. Even if only the mods and staff members were to author these articles, we're talking 3-4 articles per head per year. To make this financially feasible there can be a paid membership option. Paid members will have access to these articles as soon as they're published; they'll be made available to everyone else a month later. I'm guessing at least 200 members would sign up for this to read the latest articles even if they had to pay $100 per year. That's 20 grand right there. If $100 fee is paid for authoring an article then the total fee would be slightly more than $10,000.
nobody is gonna pay. you are crazy if you think 200 ppl gonna pay close to 10 bucks a month to read another fans opinion.... do you live in this world?

some ppl might pay for forum access but then the forum will be useless. best thing in life are free.

fb will always remain free but it is a multi billion dollar company. think different.

but i do have a suggestion, can you guys please pay someone per diem to maintain the forum? its part of the cost to run a site. there really shouldnt be weeks and weeks of slowness. stop being cheap guys......
Old September 6, 2013, 07:46 AM
Cricket Savant

There are lot of funny threads on bc. May be we can vote and collate a Hall of Fame ones and put under a locked section like Useful threads.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 6, 2013, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
nobody is gonna pay. you are crazy if you think 200 ppl gonna pay close to 10 bucks a month to read another fans opinion.... do you live in this world?

some ppl might pay for forum access but then the forum will be useless. best thing in life are free.

fb will always remain free but it is a multi billion dollar company. think different.

but i do have a suggestion, can you guys please pay someone per diem to maintain the forum? its part of the cost to run a site. there really shouldnt be weeks and weeks of slowness. stop being cheap guys......
you're underestimating the number of crazies out there...espn insider had close to 700,000 subscribers last year, and subscribers have to pay close to $50 per year for their subscription...as a die hard basketball fan i subscribe to it just to read articles like "Top 10 reasons why Toronto Raptors will beat Boston Celtics for the 8th playoffs spot next year". It's off season and I'm not even a Raptors or Celtics fan...I really think this could work and given the number of users who live in foreign countries and fans who are crazy about following Bangladeshi players at various levels - 80% of whom are virtually unknown to me until they make the national stage, 200 could turn out to be a pretty conservative number
Old September 7, 2013, 01:11 AM
Cricket Savant

I actually have to agree with orphy, and he actually has a good financial brain. On payment writing will actually deter people, if not destroy the spirit. Just my opinion.

Old November 1, 2013, 08:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

forget the new banner but I think it would be great at least on the same old banner to have the title of the current/ongoing series.
Something like "BD vs NZ TEST/ODI 2013" or "NZ's tour of BD-2013"
I think what we look first while visiting a website is the banner, so if that banner contains something about the ongoing series will make people interested about the forum.
thanks!
Old November 12, 2013, 08:44 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Instead of having all ICC WC thread as sub section of international thread can we have "ICC World Event" main section.

Just a thought.
Old November 12, 2013, 10:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Instead of having all ICC WC thread as sub section of international thread can we have "ICC World Event" main section.

Just a thought.
So you mean merge WC, T20 WC, and Champions trophy into one forum?
Old November 13, 2013, 12:23 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
So you mean merge WC, T20 WC, and Champions trophy into one forum?
Not sure about Champions trophy. Even ICC don't know what to do with that tournament. Last one in England supposed to be last ever champions trophy. Anyway I was only talking about all the World Cup 50 over , World T-20 and any other ICC world event including U-19 and Women's. Create sub-section for major and leave the rest under main where people can discuss anything to do with World Cup.
Old November 13, 2013, 01:11 AM
Administrator

Why even have subsections? Too many? Just soliciting feedback.

Or we could have under the umbrella ICC forum - a few additional sub forums (WC, T20WC). All the others get discussed in the top level.

Thoughts?
Old November 17, 2013, 06:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Agree with Mock-da. Ppl have hard time visiting sub-sections. Better to take ICC T20 under main section.

Old November 17, 2013, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Agree with Mock-da. Ppl have hard time visiting sub-sections. Better to take ICC T20 under main section.
Comments on my query above?
Old November 17, 2013, 09:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Why even have subsections? Too many? Just soliciting feedback.

Or we could have under the umbrella ICC forum - a few additional sub forums (WC, T20WC). All the others get discussed in the top level.

Thoughts?
If it's not too much of trouble, perhaps have the ICC T20 and such current tournaments ONLY under main section?
Old November 17, 2013, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
If it's not too much of trouble, perhaps have the ICC T20 and such current tournaments ONLY under main section?
Too much trouble.

So you are suggesting move up and down based on currency? Or have the major ones always on top.
Old November 17, 2013, 09:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Too much trouble.

So you are suggesting move up and down based on currency? Or have the major ones always on top.
Currency actually.
Old November 17, 2013, 10:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

when are we getting like button/thumbs up and down for each post... even dailystar comment section has that... i thunk...

there shoukd be wide spread hacks for this....i have seen it in many major forum runni vbulletin. if its e cost of 20 bucks that no free app available, i will gladly donate 20 bucks.

and get rid of the fb tweet g+ instead
Old November 20, 2013, 11:14 PM
Administrator

Regarding forum merging etc....

My long term thought (as per suggestions by members, hoping to get more feedback) is to merge the all the current sub-forums under International Cricket into an ICC WC Tournaments and will be a place for both the ODI and T20i World Cups.

For now - I will bring up the 2014 T20 WC forum to the top level just under BC.
Old December 4, 2013, 04:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Since I am not getting enuff attention and approval, how about a clickable quill to us writerS?

Old March 10, 2014, 09:12 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Could one of the admin please move back this thread to bc section? Thanks
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=44547
Old March 18, 2014, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Can we get a feature, where we're notified if someone quotes us. Is it possible with this forum's engine.
Old March 18, 2014, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Can we get a feature, where we're notified if someone quotes us. Is it possible with this forum's engine.
Not yet. Apparently it's one of their most requested feature and is on their todo list. We will look to see if their is a plug in available.

I personally think this feature is indispensable to a forum and will increase participation and interaction.
Old March 20, 2014, 08:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Not yet. Apparently it's one of their most requested feature and is on their todo list. We will look to see if their is a plug in available.

I personally think this feature is indispensable to a forum and will increase participation and interaction.
Im glad to hear this.
Old March 21, 2014, 02:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Can we upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin? This thread looks way to prehistoric and lacks a lot of features in interface and usability.
Old April 18, 2014, 12:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

vBulletin is one of those features remain highly under used compared to its applicability.