facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 13, 2007, 02:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Smile Mashrafe Reports to Camp, Talks About Expectations in Lanka

From the DS article: -

"My personal expectation is to take the Test matches to five days. We have the ability to do anything in the one-day game but we are still far behind to think about results in Test cricket," he said adding that 'bowlers can win a Test but the batsmen have to save the match."

Read: http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/06/13/d70613040130.htm

And here he talks about the hujur's sense of humor, among other things: -

http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news...0Mjk=&mid=OA==

If you're a bangladeshi who doesn't read bangla, it's about time you LEARN, and learn to feel better about yourself.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 13, 2007 at 02:12 AM..

Old June 13, 2007, 02:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mashrafe & Shakib!
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR

"My personal expectation is to take the Test matches to five days. We have the ability to do anything in the one-day game but we are still far behind to think about results in Test cricket," he said adding that 'bowlers can win a Test but the batsmen have to save the match."

If you're a bangladeshi who doesn't read bangla, it's about time you LEARN, and learn to feel better about yourself.
Nice interview, but I had always expected whatever Mashrafe said to DS from him.....ek kothaey polata bhaloee confident and has a logical mind !

Also, Sohel I can read Bangla but the darned Bangla script is none of the ones I have, so could you please say here what he said to Prothom Alo.

Thanks
Old June 13, 2007, 03:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:

Yeah...it's terrible...I guess that was the problem with sending me to AISD instead of the some of the great schools in Dhaka where they do actually teach Bangla...
But i'm learnin'...getting regular lessons from my mom...unfortunately I shall soon have to wonder over to the U.S. for college/university...so for future referebce does anyone know a good internet site in whcih to learn Bangla...

sorry off-topic
Old June 13, 2007, 03:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

Jusr from the extract from the Daily Star article it shows that Mashrafe has become wise with years...He has become not only a more mature player on the field, but also off it...
Old June 13, 2007, 03:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by adel
Yeah...it's terrible...I guess that was the problem with sending me to AISD instead of the some of the great schools in Dhaka where they do actually teach Bangla...
But i'm learnin'...getting regular lessons from my mom...unfortunately I shall soon have to wonder over to the U.S. for college/university...so for future referebce does anyone know a good internet site in whcih to learn Bangla...

sorry off-topic
read bangla, speak bangla, watch bangla, and learn bangla.

i grew-up in the US and france, and lived in the US for the overwhelming majority of my life, often without the benefit of a deshi community keeping it real for me BTW, and i don't have issues reading, writing (with the help of a dictionary) and speaking ancholik as well as proper bangla, not the bua-variety quite a few NRBs seem to feel OK about flaunting. if there is a will, there is alway a way bro.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 13, 2007 at 03:50 AM..
Old June 13, 2007, 03:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Jusr from the extract from the Daily Star article it shows that Mashrafe has become wise with years...He has become not only a more mature player on the field, but also off it...
he is 100% real ... and makes me proud to be bangladeshi with that efforless lack of pretension.
Old June 13, 2007, 03:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

Quote:

good one i like ur principle
Old June 13, 2007, 03:57 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
read bangla, speak bangla, watch bangla, and learn bangla.

i grew-up in the US and france, and lived in the US for the overwhelming majority of my life, often without the benefit of a deshi community keeping it real for me BTW, and i don't have issues reading, writing (with the help of a dictionary) and speaking ancholik as well as proper bangla, not the bua-variety quite a few NRBs seem to feel OK about flaunting. if there is a will, there is alway a way bro.
i also speak bangla, watch bangla and am learning to read bangla..
Old June 13, 2007, 04:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
i also speak bangla, watch bangla and am learning to read bangla..
good for you bro ... no offense intended BTW ...
Old June 13, 2007, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Can you tell me why My FF is showing pages like this?
I have only Avro and No Bijoy.What will I need to do to make it alright?

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/50da30a133.jpg

Last edited by Shafin; June 13, 2007 at 06:24 AM.. Reason: Link to image added instead of Image
Old June 13, 2007, 05:13 AM
Cricket Guru

omg peoplezzz hi-5 me!!! i read all that bangla by myself.. this time i didnt get my parents to help me!!! just goes to show what i can do when i try.. even though it took a while to read i still read it!!! i fell sooooooo happy!!! LOL
any way i liked the dilhara joke.." u lost ur heart?" hahaha any way!!!
Old June 13, 2007, 05:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
omg peoplezzz hi-5 me!!! i read all that bangla by myself.. this time i didnt get my parents to help me!!! just goes to show what i can do when i try.. even though it took a while to read i still read it!!! i fell sooooooo happy!!! LOL
any way i liked the dilhara joke.." u lost ur heart?" hahaha any way!!!
proud of you sistah ! ...
Old June 13, 2007, 06:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
proud of you sistah ! ...
lol thnxxxxx
Old June 13, 2007, 06:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Shafin, your post is creating rendering issues in this page bro, can you please remove the pic ? ... BTW, just keep hitting the refresh button until the bangla comes out right, that's what i do.
Old June 13, 2007, 06:21 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

For Shafin,

You cannot read Prothom Alo using FF unless you have the IE Tab as the add on.

Use IE or add IE Tab in the FF.
Old June 13, 2007, 06:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Maybe you could post a translation, for those of us who haven't learned to feel better about ourselves
Old June 13, 2007, 06:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
For Shafin,

You cannot read Prothom Alo using FF unless you have the IE Tab as the add on.

Use IE or add IE Tab in the FF.
Used IE Tab,same problem.Used IE,same problem.It would have needed IE if it was Bijoy fonts,like amader Somoy,But I checked the page source and it is in UTF-8,so it should be unicode compliant but it is unable to show "kar"s or complex alphabets.
Old June 13, 2007, 07:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritro
Maybe you could post a translation, for those of us who haven't learned to feel better about ourselves
chokh ultiye spot-e phele dilen bhai, not in the moof to translate today bro. besides, too much of the rosh gets lost in translation ... maybe later.
Old June 13, 2007, 07:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Sorry but I'll give that a miss, Iver tried before, so atleast I know the alphabet

For now I'll just ask my dad to translate
Old June 13, 2007, 09:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Good to know that our players realize that we're far behind in Tests. And hopefully, this will motivate them to play better.
Old June 13, 2007, 09:19 AM
Cricket Guru

One thing I don't understand what I read in other threads that our players started to bat in net for one hour. Do you guys think batting one hour can prepare batsmen to stay in crease for whole day. Obviously we didn't work hard enough to prepare ourselves for test cricket.
Anyways, glad to see Mashrafee's return, his return is a boost to our morale and pace department. I hope Shahadat and he will serve us good through out the busy schedule ahead of us. This test will be really important for us showing if we learnt anything from an unsuccessful recent series.
Old June 13, 2007, 09:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

relax ak, i'm the only one on BC that fits that description...can i get a translation please?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 13, 2007, 11:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Score 650 runs in both innings and, assuming that Masrafee and Shahadat are fit, the Tigers have the bowling to win more games than they lose.

Ian Whitchurch
Old June 13, 2007, 07:59 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashraful*Tamim*Mashrafee

Quote:

God, I hate it when Bangladeshis don't speak Bangla with other Bangladeshis, but would rather speak English.

BTW, the article about Yusuf was absolutely hilarious and very well written.

I'm glad Mash is being practical but I didn't like it when he said "We're not going to think about winning or losing in Tests, we're going to think about improvement in performance." Because I want them to think about winning.........just a little, teeny, weeny bit.
Old June 13, 2007, 08:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Great to see Mash and Shahadat are ready to go. I hope they stay fit throughout the series Insha Allah.

Intereseting to know about Md. Yusuf