facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 18, 2008, 03:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Shahriar Nafees guides the ball on his way to 90 not out, Bangladesh v Ireland, 1st ODI, Mirpur, March 18, 2008

Mashrafe Mortaza snares William Porterfield, Bangladesh v Ireland, 1st ODI, Mirpur, March 18, 2008

Old March 18, 2008, 03:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

nice pic of ash and mash, I heard ash was angry at the crowd and did not raise his bat to the crowd when he scored 50, he only raised his bat to the dressing room. later he said he only plays for the team and himself not the crowd, they apperantly mean nothing to him.
Old March 18, 2008, 06:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

Would it be possible to download or purchase this game?
Old March 18, 2008, 07:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Revenge SWEET SWEET Revenge.
Old March 18, 2008, 07:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Bangladesh
nice pic of ash and mash, I heard ash was angry at the crowd and did not raise his bat to the crowd when he scored 50, he only raised his bat to the dressing room. later he said he only plays for the team and himself not the crowd, they apperantly mean nothing to him.

I think that he was apparently still upset at the crowd and felt they would have booed him. This is the first time in his career that he has faced a hostile crowd and dont know how to deal with it and react to it.
He has been on an emotional roller coaster for the last couple of weeks, he is human.

Give him time, but I think after all these ugly incidents, he will be very wary, and feels that if he fails again, then everything starts all over again.
Old March 18, 2008, 08:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I do not really agree to all these negative comments that is reported as quoted by the captain, no player in his right mind would say such thing. The politics is deeper and stronger than young ASH's circle I believe.

I cannot even imagine DJ's reaction after the Jamal incident, while he was supposed to stand by his team he went against.

Show me a tape rather.
Old March 18, 2008, 08:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
we should play more with teams like ireland, kenya and zimbabwe. A victory tastes sweet and it makes us happy. Why do we have to take disappointment from other teams. Look how our forum members are enjoying ash's 50 and SN's 50, thr r cheers for every 4s too. Let them hit four against all the teams ranked below us. I am sure this team won't let us down .
defeatism at is finest

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 18, 2008, 08:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

if that's ashraful's attitude then he should go play in the ICL or some other competition where he isn't representing a country. only players who want to play for their country for the right reasons (pride) should be allowed to play for their country. he's representing a whole country when he puts on that green shirt (or white shirt for a test match), if he doesn't want to play for his country then he shouldn't be in his country's team, jmo.
Old March 19, 2008, 12:41 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
This picture is not from today's game. They're using it on the BBC website, but it's an old picture as you can see from the ICC Champions Trophy jersey!
Bhai choukh khuila ektu ispahani lekha kothata deikhen
Old March 19, 2008, 12:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Bangladesh
As Gowza just mentioned, this leaves the question of whether Ashraful believes he's playing for the country or not. I can see what made him make such a comment but it does make you wonder whether his unbeaten 64 was for his country (team included), or for an isolated team who are just playing for themselves...
Old March 19, 2008, 06:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Ash has been on an emotional roller coaster for over two weeks, he has never received this sort of treatment from the fans before, he has always had their support and adulation since his teenage years, now he is facing the harsh reality that everyone has turned against him and calling for his removal from the team, he and Mash are the primary targets here and he is finding it hard to deal with it. Relationship between himself and fans has been destroyed and it will take a miracle to put it right. The harm has been done and i will not be surprised to see Ashraful quit international cricket soon, as he has taken this to heart. IMO. Everyone here is bent on destroying him.

Last edited by zainab; March 19, 2008 at 08:23 AM..
Old March 19, 2008, 12:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-17, 1999
Bhai choukh khuila ektu ispahani lekha kothata deikhen
That picture's been changed (either that or I was looking at the wrong one). The BBC website showed a pic from the champions trophy. i thoguht that was the one put here. I still think it was and later corrected. I may be wrong...