facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 20, 2005, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Default Kenya\'s Back!

Kenya back in business

Looks like they're ready to start off from where the senior players left off a couple of months ago. Most of the big guns are back, except for Ravindu Shah, who's sitting out due to a knee injury. There are a few other national players who will be back pretty soon (so it looks like).

Edited on, April 20, 2005, 9:05 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

Old April 20, 2005, 04:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

This is very good news. The Kenyan team was messed up with controversy like Zimbabwe, only Kenya got their team back together with out the loss of major players. Good JOB.....

I wish them all the luck in their next match.
Old April 20, 2005, 05:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

BRing em on!!!
Old April 20, 2005, 11:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Good for Kenya, I wish them luck.
Old April 21, 2005, 03:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Yeah...good to see Kenya sort out their problems....They are naturally gifted players and athletes...International Cricket needs a good strong Kenyan side......Hope they start afresh from where they left off in the last World Cup.....cheers....
Old April 22, 2005, 01:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Kenya still has ODI Status...right?
If so, we should invite them for a ODI series in Bangladesh. Kenya beat Bangladesh almost all the time. I want to see where Bangladesh stands compare to Kenya. After all those Test and ODI experience, If we see Bangladesh still loosing to them....it will be very painful.

Here is the Present Bangladesh Stat Against Kenya:

ODI= 7
Kenya won = 6
Bangladesh won = 1

ICC Match = 4
Kenya won = 1
Bangladesh won = 3
Old April 22, 2005, 09:56 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

with odumbe still banned (or was his banned released?) kenya is not what it was in the last world cup. steave tickolo has to give kenya now 200%. in this situation i really believe we are past the kenya age. i believe we'll win 4 out of 5 matches against them.

the biggest problem with kenya is, its not creating new players. they need to build a bangladesh like (!!!) infrastructure to create new players if they want to stay in the race.
Old April 22, 2005, 10:52 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
the biggest problem with kenya is, its not creating new players. they need to build a bangladesh like (!!!) infrastructure to create new players if they want to stay in the race.
Their current crop of experienced players are still young enough (around 30 years old on average) to play for 5 to 8 more years, and they always seem to produce those very few but very quality players by the time every world cup occurs: example, Collins Obuya (WC 2003), Maurice Ouma now (may be WC 2007?).
Old April 23, 2005, 08:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Well Kenya has made a triumphant return. Tikolo scored 149 as Kenya scored a massive 319 in the first game of the ICC Intercontinental Cup 2005. Then they got Uganda stuck at 37 for 3.
Old April 23, 2005, 02:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think Kenya has better talent than Bangladesh. Their problems includes finances, lack of ogranization, the lack of exposure and also support from other Test playing countries.
we have had enough support from our neighbors and the ACC was a strong support for us to get into Test cricket. I think hadn't it been for their support, we would still have had played only ODIs.
Old April 23, 2005, 07:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Well Uganda started a fight but Kenya still has a healty lead. After Kenya got Uganda all out for 168, they started to build a larger lead. But it did not go well as Kenya fell to 85 for 6 with Tikolo finishing with 54 adding to his 149 from the first innings. Currently Kenya has a lead of 236.
Old April 24, 2005, 12:47 PM
First BC Member

Quote:
think Kenya has better talent than Bangladesh.
Sorry, I can't agree with that. But what I will agree to, is that both Kenya and Bangladesh have the similar talent level, when one is getting enough opportunities now and the other is not gettting any kind of support from all the other test playing nations. And this, too, has a logical reason. Bangladesh has crowd support, government support, Kenya has got neither of them.
Old April 24, 2005, 12:53 PM
First BC Member

Quote:
lack of exposure and also support from other Test playing countries.
Bangladesh had support from the other Asian countries because we had performance to show for it.

Just think of the time of the 2003 world cup. Did any of the 3 Asian giants support us during that time? The answer is no. But now, after we played some very competitive matches in Pakistan under Whatmore, and then beating India national team (minus Tendulkar, Dravid, Harbhajan, Pathan) in an ODI - and now we've got some of India's support.

Why, Kenya also have been getting India's support for beating India 3 to 4 times in the last decade. But why don't the kenyans get support from Pakistan? The answer is plain and simple: Kenya could not beat Pakistan, even though a few matches may have been close ones.

In short, we had to earn the support from our neighbours, it wasn't just given to us, for free.
Old April 24, 2005, 01:26 PM
Club Cricketer

India A and Pakistan A toured Kenya last August and played in a one-day triangular tournament and Kenya also played Pakistan A in a three day gane and India A in two three day games. So Kenya had 15 days of good class cricket on home soil and probably at the right level to develop the side.

How do I know? Scotland lost their Indian overseas pro because of it.
Old April 24, 2005, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Well Kenya (321 and 116) win the first match of the ICC Intercontinental Cup by defeating Uganda (168 and 108) by 161 runs
Old April 24, 2005, 11:33 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Poor performance from Kenya against a poor ICC associate team. Apart from Tikolo, no one really put up a good fight in the batting department. Allout for 116 ? The coach must be worried. Their bowling put Uganda on the backfoot and won the match for them.

Tikolo is an awesome player. The best among the ICC teams and most of our bats. If he hadn't played this match, Kenya would have lost.

As far as Kenya v Bangladesh matches. The last times we played them, we WON. If we play them now, we will win. There was a period of time when the Bangladesh team was not at it's best. We neither had the pace, nor the spin to control the rampaging Kenyan batsmen. Our batting was in shambles (not that it's great now) and always had better things to do at the pavilion. Now, we have a young team who are maturing and have had some success against far better teams. That kind of experience does wonders to your game and self belief.
Old April 24, 2005, 11:48 PM
Test Cricketer

good luck kenya
Old April 25, 2005, 12:14 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Some of the other players that always/may bother BD, Ravindu Shah, Thomas Odoyo, Martin Suji, Onyango. Most of the players that played against uganda will prolly feature again in 2007. Let's not forget that kenya brought back Asif Karim (I think) in the last world cup because of their player shortage. Don't be surprised if Tikolo, Odumbe or Suji still play for Kenya in 2011.
Old April 25, 2005, 04:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Onyango isn't good. I looked at his stats before and he'd been absolutely woeful before that 6for. I wouldn't rate anything done against Uganda. It is true though that Kenya will be a much stronger in the batting when Ravindu Shah returns.
Old April 25, 2005, 08:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally posted by tehsin

As far as Kenya v Bangladesh matches. The last times we played them, we WON.
I think last time we played them in WC2003, they beat us in SA.... WHere pilot droppped three sitters and a runout chance and they went ot the semies....

So we need to have a series against them...
Old April 25, 2005, 09:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by tehsin
As far as Kenya v Bangladesh matches. The last times we played them, we WON.
You Wish !!!
They got us all out 185.
Old April 25, 2005, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i wouldn't be too disheartened by this performance. maybe it was the lack of international cricket for so long that did them this time. they might still come back with a bang once they've settled in.
Old April 25, 2005, 10:33 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

I meant to say, last time we played Kenya in Kenya, We won. score from cricinfo
We completely blew it in the 2003 world cup. We had a lousy coach, the team almost lost the match to a team like Canada and we played a horrible game against the Kenyans.

Our current side is far more balanced then the WC team and has a better leader in Sumon. Let's not forget that Mr. Mohsin Kamal is in no way qualified to coach a national side. Heck, I wouldn't even hire him to coach a first class side.