facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 14, 2012, 01:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Default Exhibition Cricket Match will be held in the Victory Day

The Victory Day cricket match between Shaheed Jewel XI and Shaheed Mushtaque XI will take place at the Dhanmondi Cricket Stadium in the Victory Day on Sunday, 16 December. The 40-overs a side game is scheduled to start at 10am.

TEAMS

SHAHEED JEWEL XI: Imrul Kayes, Zunaed Siddique, Shahriar Nafees, Nazim Uddin, Mohammad Ashraful, Marshall Ayub, Md Mithun, Md Elias, Musharraf Hossain, Al Amin, Robiul Islam, Shahadat Hossain, Ziaur Rahman

Manager: Hasibul Hossain

Coach: Wahidul Gani

SHAHEED MUSHTAQUE XI: Liton Kumer Das, Anamul Haque, Muminul Hoque, Asif Ahmed, Soumya Sarker, Mahmudul Hasan, Nazmul Hossain Opu, Taskin Ahmed, Alauddin Babu, Sanjamul Islam, Dewan Sabbir, Myshekur Rahman, Nurul Hasan

Manager: Hasanuzzaman. . . . .http://www.tigercricket.com/news/exh...ctory-day.html

Old December 14, 2012, 06:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Dhanmondi Stadium Why not SBNCS?
I think this game will be important because it tell us who is suitable at #3 for BD (since Naeem didnt fill the void)

Shaheed Jewel XI
1. Imrul Kayes
2. Shahriar Nafees
3. Junaid Siddique
4. Mohammad Ashraful
5. Marshall Ayub
6. Mithun Ali
7. Ziaur Rahman
8. Al Amin Hossain
9. Elias Sunny
10. Mosharraf Hossain
11. Shahadat Hossain

Mominul should bat at #3 for Mushtaque XI
Old December 15, 2012, 02:35 AM
Cricket Savant

BCB Media Release

Quote:
DHAKA, Thursday, 13 December 2012
Media Release

Teams for Victory Day Exhibition Match
The Victory Day cricket match between Shaheed Jewel XI and Shaheed Mushtaque XI will take place at the Dhanmondi Cricket Stadium on Sunday, 16 December. The 40-overs a side game is scheduled to start at 10am.

TEAMS

SHAHEED JEWEL XI: Imrul Kayes, Zunaed Siddique, Shahriar Nafees, Nazim Uddin, Mohammad Ashraful, Marshall Ayub, Md Mithun, Md Elias, Musharraf Hossain, Al Amin, Robiul Islam, Shahadat Hossain, Ziaur Rahman
Manager: Hasibul Hossain
Coach: Wahidul Gani
SHAHEED MUSHTAQUE XI: Liton Kumer Das, Anamul Haque, Muminul Hoque, Asif Ahmed, Soumya Sarker, Mahmudul Hasan, Nazmul Hossain Opu, Taskin Ahmed, Alauddin Babu, Sanjamul Islam, Dewan Sabbir, Myshekur Rahman, Nurul Hasan
Manager: Hasanuzzaman
Coach: Golam Faruque Chowdhury

The traditional Victory Day cricket match was first organized in 1972 in memory of Liberation War martyrs Shaheed Abdul Halim Chowdhury Jewel and Shaheed Mushtaque Ahmed.

Brief profile of Shaheed Abdul Halim Chowdhury Jewel: Shaheed Jewel was an attacking right-handed opening batsman for Azad Boys Club who had earned quite a reputation for his attractive horizontal bat shots. His consistent batting form was taking him closer to his dream of earning a Test cap when the War of Liberation broke out in 1971. He was one of the first active cricketers of erstwhile East Pakistan to take up arms and join the fight for freedom. After a heroic nine months in the battlefields he was captured by the Pakistan army towards the end of the War and was killed days before Bangladesh became independent.

Brief profile of Shaheed Mushtaque Ahmed: A devout cricket organizer Shaheed Mushtaque was an inspirational official of Azad Boys Club. He dedicated his life to the betterment of his club and its cricket aspirations. On the blood-splattered night of March 25, 1971 Mushtaque was shot dead by the Pakistan army near his beloved Azad Boys Club which was at that time situated in Dhaka’s Gulistan.
--- ENDS ---
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg jewelshaheed.jpeg (6.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpeg mushtaqueshaheed.jpeg (5.4 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Zeeshan; December 15, 2012 at 02:40 AM.. Reason: Sorry Rubel bhai didn't realize the message was duplicate.
Old December 16, 2012, 07:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

As I expected the losers will lost this match as I suspected Anamul and Mominul will fire up snatch the match, exactly they did
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...16122012158787
Old December 16, 2012, 08:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Bijoy Dibos Friendly Match:Shahid Jewel XI 229/6(40 ovr). Shahriar Nafees 107*, Junaid Siddique Imrose 48. Shahid Mostaq XI 234/6(35.5 ovr). AnamulHaque Bijoy 95, Mominul Haque 44.Robiul Islam 33/3
Old December 16, 2012, 08:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Congratulation to Shahriar Nafis.
Old December 16, 2012, 10:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

All of those batsmen who played last series against West Indies, made significant scores.
Old December 16, 2012, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

S N scored an unbeaten century . congrats for being M O M.
Old December 16, 2012, 11:29 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Shahriar Nafees should definitely still be part of our test squad especially in tours to Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe which he has a fantastic record against. Have him partner Tamim and put Anamul at his favourite position 3.
Old December 17, 2012, 02:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

thge efforts of new generation anamul and mominul beats the efforts of old generation nafees and junaid
Old December 17, 2012, 02:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Surely The Great Mofees cannot be overlooked by anyone after this masterful demonstration of high quality batting! We better bring him back to all formats unless we wanna see him being aggressively recruited to permanently start for South Africa, England or Australia.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 17, 2012, 05:18 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Where can I access the full scorecard?
Old December 17, 2012, 09:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

SN should not be a part of the SL or Zimbabwe squads. Keep the squad the way it is.
Old December 17, 2012, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
SN should not be a part of the SL or Zimbabwe squads. Keep the squad the way it is.
To me SN's best format is O D I. As our top order problem is not solved yet, I don't see chance of write him off due to lack of options.But I do agree with you, we should try new players in upcoming tours.
Old December 17, 2012, 12:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Just when things were starting to look good nafees has to blew it. I mean don't get me wrong, I do like them to work hard and make an effort to come back. But something about nafees junaid rockibulls tell me that these are just fluke innings. They will be je lau shei kodu playing for national team.
Old December 17, 2012, 12:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
Just when things were starting to look good nafees has to blew it. I mean don't get me wrong, I do like them to work hard and make an effort to come back. But something about nafees junaid rockibulls tell me that these are just fluke innings. They will be je lau shei kodu playing for national team.
You are almost correct. The lefty edgy trio I K , J S and S N, None of them never looked to have the caliber to play international cricket. Sometimes some batsman get maturity at later stage of their career this is the only hope for them.
Old December 17, 2012, 01:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
Again it comes down to Anamul and Mominul's performances in the national team. If they perform, they'll block out players like SN, Junaid and Rock. If they don't, these guys could potentially come back.
Old December 17, 2012, 01:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
To me SN's best format is O D I. As our top order problem is not solved yet, I don't see chance of write him off due to lack of options.But I do agree with you, we should try new players in upcoming tours.
I don't want to write off any players either. So the best thing right now is to play the wait and see game. Since we just came off a successful tour against the WI without players like SN, Junaid, Rock, and Ash, we should continue without them for the next few tours and see if we can actually move forward and not back.