facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 5, 2006, 12:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Bangladesh is one man away from glory!

Hold on! Bangladesh is one man (or is one boy) way from glory. If you have followed the recent Eng-SL series you will noticed that Murali was the one man wrecking crew. Without him they were not far better than BD a year ego (except for the glorious 2nd innings of the 1st test). All we need is a Murali. Do we have such dimonds in roughs of the U19 boys?

If so, who are they? Can you point some prospects?

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/engv...ry/249549.html

Last edited by LateCut; June 5, 2006 at 12:57 PM..

Old June 6, 2006, 12:02 AM

Here you go! I heard that Rafiq jr. (son of Rafiq) is going to join the Murali(!) club for BD in future!!
Old June 6, 2006, 01:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

what happend to this mistreys spinner we had bowling at our players just before the sir lak tour
Old June 6, 2006, 01:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Nope, looking for a once-in-a-genration player is completely the wrong approach.

Look to correct the technical flaws in batsmen, help bowlers bowl line and length
, make sure everyone is useful or better in the field, and make sure everyone puts the team above themselves.

Do that, and then you'll find you've got a team of matchwinners.
Old June 6, 2006, 04:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default hi

i beleive the next generation of bd players (after ashraful, aftab retires) will be the toughest team ever BD will ever had. Lots of talented players will come and rule the world for almost a decade (probably 2020-2030). Lets hope for the best
Old June 6, 2006, 07:24 AM
Cricket Legend

I agree 100% with IanW.
There is no short-cut for success. You have to work harder and harder to make yourself a shiny 'Gem' from a raw stone. We have to go for a long journey of "Success"; a journey, which is not a bed of roses.
Old June 6, 2006, 08:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Whats next? Bangladesh one batsman (Lara) away from being West Indies or one allrounder (Flintoff) away from being England? We have to work with what we have. Just like IanW said, we shouldn't wait for some genius to come and save us. The talent we have is good enough to compete if used properly.
Old June 6, 2006, 02:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

An eight years old lad Pinug Ghosh is a great talent. A few days ago I read in a newspaper that this lad plays for U-13/15 and played some classic innings. Hope he wil be a future hero for BD.
Old June 6, 2006, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
I agree 100% with IanW.
There is no short-cut for success. You have to work harder and harder to make yourself a shiny 'Gem' from a raw stone. We have to go for a long journey of "Success"; a journey, which is not a bed of roses.
wow, reminds me of a old quote i saw in a calender "sucess is like a journey", one achieves it step by step through hard work and perseverence. in how many of the bd players do u see that quality?
Old June 6, 2006, 07:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

we just need some player who understand their duties and have some cricket brains
Old June 7, 2006, 08:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Guys and Gals! I was joking when I posted this. I am frustrated by the fact that we are not seeing a steady improvement. There are a bit of flashes here and there but no sustained gains. Fact that we are too young can no longer be used as an excuse. We have been playing in the big league for a while now. Besides the 19yr olds in SL and India are delivering the goods and ours are failing even in danda-gooly league. Perhaps, I thought we will need a messiah to part the ocean and reach the promised land.

Last edited by LateCut; June 7, 2006 at 08:19 AM..
Old June 7, 2006, 01:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut
Guys and Gals! I was joking when I posted this.
Oh Tukku. We thought you are serious.
Old June 7, 2006, 03:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Guys and Gals! I was joking when I posted this. I am frustrated by the fact that we are not seeing a steady improvement. There are a bit of flashes here and there but no sustained gains. Fact that we are too young can no longer be used as an excuse. We have been playing in the big league for a while now. Besides the 19yr olds in SL and India are delivering the goods and ours are failing even in danda-gooly league. Perhaps, I thought we will need a messiah to part the ocean and reach the promised land.
Makes me remember some jokes of Kazal, khaway dao jaway dao kola bujay dao ,
do we need messiah to play cricket too? someone really wants to overstretch the messiahs here .
Old June 7, 2006, 04:38 PM
Cricket Legend

See Latecut, if you want to start a thread because you are bored, then you have to follow the guidelines given in Babubangla's "New Thread for Dummies". Otherwise, all you get is unwanted bashing from fellow members
Old June 7, 2006, 04:43 PM
Test Cricketer

I can take the bashing. Besides, there were some good comments. But thanks for the advice
Old June 7, 2006, 04:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I can take the bashing. Besides, there were some good comments. But thanks for the advice
hey man I am not bashing just enjoying the jokes and trying make some new one for myself .
Old June 7, 2006, 05:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I can take the bashing. Besides, there were some good comments.
Oh, I see, you want to start threads to receive good bashings from other members. Well, in that sense, as mhferdaus said, this kind of threads can be quite entertaining.

Keep up the good work LateCut
Old June 7, 2006, 05:23 PM
Test Cricketer

I will! May be you should too!
Old June 7, 2006, 07:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder
i beleive the next generation of bd players (after ashraful, aftab retires) will be the toughest team ever BD will ever had. Lots of talented players will come and rule the world for almost a decade (probably 2020-2030). Lets hope for the best
I don't think we will take that longer to have a very good team, lets give them 5 more years then you will see what happens! I am really optimistic about our team, bad times will come but we need to take things easily.Give players like Ash,Aftab, Nafees another 5 years and you will see we will get some stunning results. So lets wait and see.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ