facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 29, 2005, 03:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Damn it, Bashar (Mod: The Official Bashar Bashing Thread -other merged here)

Every time Rana performs, Bashar drops him. What is the prblem with this guy. Now he is again saying he will use Chacha instead of Rana. I keep telling we have no other pacer than Mashrafee to take advantage of English condition. Also chacha is not the chacha we used to see earlier. He is OUT OF FORM and OUT OF AGE.

If Bashar really drops Rana again and bring chacha back, it will be a blunder. I know Bahar is not a good captain. But if he brings back chacha, he will not be a good man either. Come on, every time this kid performs good cricket, you brought him back sideline. Its not good for him. Not good for our cricket.

Also Bashar, if you have learnt enough, bring back Aftab at #3 position.

Edited on, July 1, 2005, 2:11 AM GMT, by RazabQ.
Reason: too many bashar bashing threads - just lumped y'all together

Old June 29, 2005, 03:55 PM
Club Cricketer

Chacha has to be played if Bashar wants to keep his job and his well being intact. People who know anything about BD cricket and BD politics know quite well how much power this old hag yields and the reasons behind it. It's the same reason why BD decided to play that loser Shanto in what was perhaps the most importat game in BD history and decided to hand over the cup to India.
Old June 29, 2005, 04:19 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rubel, Ashraful, Tamim

Quote:
Originally posted by cracky
Every time Rana performs, Bashar drops him. What is the prblem with this guy. Now he is again saying he will use Chacha instead of Rana. I keep telling we have no other pacer than Mashrafee to take advantage of English condition. Also chacha is not the chacha we used to see earlier. He is OUT OF FORM and OUT OF AGE.

If Bashar really drops Rana again and bring chacha back, it will be a blunder. I know Bahar is not a good captain. But if he brings back chacha, he will not be a good man either. Come on, every time this kid performs good cricket, you brought him back sideline. Its not good for him. Not good for our cricket.

Also Bashar, if you have learnt enough, bring back Aftab at #3 position.
you are correct.
I think it is time to find another captain who understand the situation and do the right thing.
Old June 29, 2005, 04:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by bd4life
People who know anything about BD cricket and BD polIt's the same reason why BD decided to play that loser Shanto in what was perhaps the most importat game in BD history and decided to hand over the cup to India.

.........most important game in BD history? I hardly think so. And please don't call players names. Shanto did his best and it wasn't good enough. He didn't buy his way into the team, he was merely a pawn in the grand scheme of things.
Old June 29, 2005, 10:04 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by couger
Quote:
People who know anything about BD cricket and BD polIt's the same reason why BD decided to play that loser Shanto in what was perhaps the most importat game in BD history and decided to hand over the cup to India.

.........most important game in BD history? I hardly think so. And please don't call players names. Shanto did his best and it wasn't good enough. He didn't buy his way into the team, he was merely a pawn in the grand scheme of things.
It was clearly the most important game to me because BD could have won an ODI series against India which is far more important than winning just 1 game against India or any other team. As for Shanto, he didn't buy his way through he just kissed the right people in the right places to get in. Shanto's best might be good enough for u but it sure as hell isn't good enough for people like me who want the BD team to actually someday start winning regularly.
Old June 29, 2005, 10:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

rana? he is useless... even sometimes i wonder why rana get chance.... chacha is much better than rana.. so good job bashar!!
Old June 29, 2005, 11:39 PM
First Class Cricketer

hey, my name sake..i disagree..

chacha at the moment is hardly better than anyone!! sad truth... he is now as bad as he was in 87/88..his initial year..if anyone remembers.

but we are emptional and may give him a chance to say farewell.. it will ruin his day even more.. not playing and retiring is little bit better than palying and taken apart.. wish i was wrong about the latter...

***but were you joking or serious?
Old June 30, 2005, 12:42 AM
Club Cricketer

bd4life shanto is not a loser but u r!
Old June 30, 2005, 12:51 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by theTiger
He is the biggest loser that has played in BD team within the last 5 years in a team that included Chacha. And since u don't know me personally or professionaly I will not dignify that childish remark with an answer.
Old June 30, 2005, 02:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashrafooooooool

Quote:
Originally posted by theTiger
i totally agreee... shanto was the best bowler at his time..
Old June 30, 2005, 02:39 AM
BC Editorial Team

it never ceases to amaze me, the amount of vitriol directed at Bashar. Seriously, you guys should read between the lines of interviews of Dav and other players as well as Bashar. HB has tactical limitations - he was never groomed to be a captain, never skippered at any level before the nats - but that's only 30% of the job. 40% is ppl management and the other 30% on self performance. Bashar scores highly on these last two. The other 30% he's growing into. We always berate him for not being agressive or dynamic on the field - to that I say look at Hussain and his recent statement re Dav. Hussain with his conservative, nay -ve captaincy (e.g. Giles to Tendu's leg stump), built up this English squad, made them hard to beat, and allowed his matchwinners grow up. Now Vaughn is reaping the rewards. Bashar in that sense is a caretaker as well; he's there while the Ash, Aftab, Enam, Masree mature. As for the tactical stuff, he's growing onto it - perhaps his deference for Dav is actually a hindrance here; I can't believe him claiming that the last ODI was the 1st time he had to read the pitch and decide on strategy.
Old June 30, 2005, 03:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by amra_korbo_joy
I think it is time to find another captain who understand the situation and do the right thing.
Who is that other captain? Is it Sujon, or Pilot, or Faruq for names sake, or Durjoy, Nannu, Bulbul, Akram Khan etc etc etc...... Please tell me who is that captain that you are looking for...

Or are you thinking ASH or Masree or Afatb to be the cpatain now..

Come on guys, Sumon has his limitations, but he is the bst option we have now in our team as the captain..
Old June 30, 2005, 03:49 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Its not Bashar..its the TIME.
Old June 30, 2005, 06:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by couger
Quote:

It was clearly the most important game to me because BD could have won an ODI series against India which is far more important than winning just 1 game against India or any other team. As for Shanto, he didn't buy his way through he just kissed the right people in the right places to get in. Shanto's best might be good enough for u but it sure as hell isn't good enough for people like me who want the BD team to actually someday start winning regularly.
Please read the posts carefully before babbling on. I said Shanto's best WASN"T good enough. He can kiss a million behinds but that doesn't mean he should be in the team. Blame the people who put him there not him. Any athlete would scoop up chance to represent his country.

As far as you assertion of that being the most important game, that is purely your opinion and you're entitled to it so I'll leave it at that. But the reason you gave can be applied to any game and any series.

And everyone here wants BD to win on a regular basis--it is not a unique phenomonon to "people like you" as you say.

Edited on, June 30, 2005, 11:48 AM GMT, by couger.
Old June 30, 2005, 12:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Bashar Issues....

I know there is currently no alternative as a Captain other than Bashar. But seriously whats the problem with him? Why he does not learn from mistake and experience?

1. Chacha issue: Taking Chacha was a greate mistake, as I said earlier. Bashar gave a great reward to Rana for playing well in last game. Chacha is about to retire, he has nothing to give more. Why we are making him more ashamed?

2. Aftab issue: Bashar still did not realize that Aftab would have been better utilized in #3 positon. He was doing well at #3 in the last series, and here even after Aftab's consequitive failure in that position, he never thought of bringing him up the order. Other selectors decided to play Aftab at #3 in last two mathces. But Bashar still send him lower down the order.

3. Fielding Issue: This is a poor performance as a captain. In the field he always seemed to waiting for something to happen. He was almost always very diffensive. Today when Mashrafee was brought back in second spell, Atahar was telling that Bashar should use at least a slip now. But Bashar still was using diffensive field. Then when a catch went through the slip and became four, then he brought up the slip. A good comment was made by commentator Naseer Hussain at this point:

"As a captain you have to create a situation, not react to it."

4. Toss Issue: Well, I know toss is a luck issue. But so does the whole cricket game. 8 consequtive games, 8 tosses and you loss all 8. Come on. We need someone more lucky as Captain. This toss issue alone is very silly to say something agains Bashar. But adding up with the other issues he has, I have got to say: there is sure some problem we need to look at.

If you guys have more issues which I forgot to mention, please feel free to add up.

Edited on, June 30, 2005, 5:35 PM GMT, by cracky.
Old June 30, 2005, 12:36 PM
Street Cricketer

With the Sujon situation I feel bad for Bashar. If/When politics stops influences selection policies for Bangladesh, Bangladesh will be able to develop strongly. I agree we shouldn't blame Bashar, and even though I often scream at how crap Sujon is I agree with Couger we should not blame him either. We should blame and burn the people who put him there as they are ultimately harming our progress immensely!
Old June 30, 2005, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Well, I can't tell you for sure, but I have not seen any pacer getting any benefit from all that grass Bashar was talking about.
Old June 30, 2005, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Default drop bashar from captaincy

i am still a fan of bashar as a test batsman and i think he still can merit his place as a batsman in ODI team. But i think he just should not captain the team any more. Here are some reasons

1)poor team selection. even though coach/manager has some say, the captain is also part of selection process for team 11. his intent on playing 3 pacers has backfired terribly but he hasnt learnt. what was astonishing was that even before this match started he made up his mind of playing chacha(farewell?) and then he just made the excuse there was grass on wicket. how can you drop the best performing player of the previous game for someone who was completely smashed around?? bd is whipping boy of cricket , how can captain of such a team afford this luxuary that too against Aus. I can guess what his response will be, "we proved we can beat australia, what else to gain from this tournament?". he has too soft an attitude to be captain of the bottom ranked team.

2) his poor arrangement of batting order. aftab likes balls coming to bat and was completely wasted at number 6. again i think i can guess what he was trying. he was trying to protect aftab by using tushar as sacrifical goat. problem is it didnt help tushar or aftab. the wicket was playing easy when ODI tournament started, but bashar was still thinking of test series batting debacle.

3)his poor fielding placement. even when bd won against australia, his captaincy was criticised by commentators for poor fielding placements. not to mention the other games against england when collingwood/strauss was batting, he had absolutely no clue.

4) his poor handling of bowlers. he is scared to innovate. he never tries to do something different. even when bowlers get slaughtered he just keeps on his formula. the most glaring fault is he never tries the 6th bowler. i think he always tries to calculate how many overs going to who and it becomes too hard for him to take 6th or 7th bowler into equation. he used asharful once. last ball of the tournament, did it benefit ash or the team?

it is high time he should be relived from captaincy. pilot can be reinstated, rafiq may also be given a thought. but i think it will be a wrong message if bcb keeps bashar still as captain, because he will think he can get away with whatever he does.
Old June 30, 2005, 12:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally posted by cracky
I know there is currently no alternative as a Captain other than Bashar. But seriously whats the problem with him? Why he does not learn from mistake and experience?

1. Chacha issue: Taking Chacha was a greate mistake, as I said earlier. Bashar gave a great reward to Rana for playing well in last game. Chacha is about to retire, he has nothing to give more. Why we are making him more ashamed?
Mahmoud did well in his first spell going 6 overs and giving up 22 runs with a Wicket. He also got an 22 with the bat with an SR of 100.

I agree with you about aftab, moving up to 3.
Old June 30, 2005, 12:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

MOD'S should merge the threads
Old June 30, 2005, 12:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashrafooooooool

i think we should stop talking this crap. we've had enuf discussion over it.. now it's time to Stop. no one else would be a better choice for captain over Basher at this moment, and i think he's not doing as bad. he's has to work in his limitation and teams limitation. we don't have a team like England or AU, we've to keep that in mind before we say anything.
Old June 30, 2005, 12:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
[i]
Mahmoud did well in his first spell going 6 overs and giving up 22 runs with a Wicket. He also got an 22 with the bat with an SR of 100.
In the end you have to count how much runs he gave in total. ODI is not about a single spell.

Rana would have been much better both in bat and ball.
Old June 30, 2005, 12:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Yes Mashud the captain again.Today when Ponting was out the whole world except the Aussies wanted to bring in some close in fielders to put some more pressure,but our dull captain Bashar has other ideas!They took so many singles!What the hell Bashar was expecting?We needed wickets! Just worst field placings!Sack Bashar!Iam sure he will bat well.
Old June 30, 2005, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Bashar's captaincy is hurting the team. Experiencing his repeated mistakes are just unbearable. Too many examples are out there for his silly mistakes. Just give him a cell phone and SMS him what to do when. I cant take this anymore.
Old June 30, 2005, 12:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by gravitY
i think we should stop talking this crap. we've had enuf discussion over it.. now it's time to Stop. no one else would be a better choice for captain over Basher at this moment, and i think he's not doing as bad. he's has to work in his limitation and teams limitation. we don't have a team like England or AU, we've to keep that in mind before we say anything.
Have you ever played cricket?I know it hurts you because you are his supporter! Didnt you heard any thing what the Skysports and BBC Commentators said!Enough is Enough!We need a captain you has got fighting spirits!