facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 25, 2018, 09:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
what u talking about? we all know mushfique didn't have a great start.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...f-england-2005

here his test debut was in london. The example was given to show the age of our current best player and the difficulty level at which we threw him in. OVERSEAS in england where prominent big teams at that time faltered. To make a comparison of age. Not for a conclusion.

Next time gadhar moto noise kom korba jokhon kichui janona.

it's a fashion to talk in confidence these days without proper knowledge.
And that comparison is just stupid. You completely ignore the different circumstances and ignore the fact that he didn't perform. Only focusing on the fact that he was young like that's some end all be all. "Look overseas in england! Sure he scored a 19 and 3, but still overseas in England!!"

"age is nothing but a number yo" - just another blanket statement by idumb.

Old September 25, 2018, 09:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Bring back Shahadat Hossain The Rajib - Al Furqaan.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 25, 2018, 09:46 PM
Cricket Savant

And what the hell are you two arguing about anyway... jeezus man.

Old September 25, 2018, 09:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
And that comparison is just stupid. You completely ignore the different circumstances .
If I were you i would stop arguing further before your lack of knowledge is more exposed. I clearly explained what was written.

But I know chagols like u - i teach some of them occasionally too. I can spot them from miles. They wanna sound smart and think they are well rounded but in reality have severe dearth of knowledge and comprehensive but keeps harping on and on.

My lack of future response is for avoidance to engage stupidity
Old September 25, 2018, 09:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
And what the hell are you two arguing about anyway... jeezus man.
I am not arguing. our smart *** thought i made an error saying mushfique debuted at 16 at lords without realizing i was talking about test.. he looks up online that mushfique debuted against zimbabwe in ODI and then comes back and want to impress us with his just gain knowledge and how i make blanket statements.

When my post was simply a reference to age saying 20 is not that young in context of things...
Old September 25, 2018, 09:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I am not arguing. our smart *** thought i made an error saying mushfique debuted at 16 at lords without realizing i was talking about test.. he looks up online that mushfique debuted against zimbabwe in ODI and then comes back and want to impress us with his just gain knowledge and how i make blanket statements.

When my post was simply a reference to age saying 20 is not that young in context of things...
No you annoying git. I chose to ignore your england comment because I was talking Shanto and ODI. Tyring to compare apples to apples sort of thing.

You are the one who can't stay consistent. Bringing up mushy's tests in a discussion about ODIs. If you can't see that, that's on you. I've long stopped trying to have any sensible "discussion" with you.

Age no matter. Mushy test 16. - is your entire contribution to this thread.
Old September 25, 2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Soumya Sarkar
Liton Das
Imrul Kayes
Mushfiqur Rahim
Shakib Al Hasan
Mahmudullah Riyad
Ariful Haque
Mehedi Hasan
Mashrafe Mortaza
Rubel Hossain
Mustafizur Rahman

Mahmudullah, Sarkar and to chip in with few overs if needed as combined 6th bowler role.

Just look at that batting line up, there’s firepower and experience.
Wondering why three pacers? The pitch might be spin-friendly at Abu Dgabi, thus, I would take one more spinner rather off-form Rubel!
Old September 25, 2018, 10:05 PM
Cricket Legend

This was silly. Should have debuted Santo against Zim. No point of throwing him out after two match. I hope he stick around the team or will do a lot of hurt to his confidence.

I never saw him play before Asia Cup. The way people were hyping him up, as if he was the next best thing after Tamim as an opener. But his footwork is not good.
Old September 25, 2018, 10:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
. I chose to ignore your england comment

you did not ignore my comment. you made a graph. I wasn't even addressing u - it was a general comment on age and how we are debuting ppl much late these days. The core group of ppl we got now were all debuted very early.

Replies are as expected.

Look at my XI against Pak. I have shanto there and I particularly mentioned I want to keep him due to his age and I think mashrafee has been a successful leader because he puts complete faith in his players. mistake in asia cup was too many new (out of main team/no or low international experience) came together at the same time instead of slowly debuting them.

Nothing wrong with debuting young ppl in main tournament. Tamim was a surprise inclusion (at least for opposition, 17 barely any international expereince) in 2007 wc. that's pretty important event. That paid off. Mustafiz debut was great essentially winning series against two world cricket power - if we took the gamble of debuting him in the 2015 WC few month prior... BD's performance may have even be better.

so there is merit in playing new but TALENTED PLAYERS in important tournaments but they have to be a change in part of a core group of players.

Hope that's enough thoughts!!
Old September 25, 2018, 10:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
This was silly. Should have debuted Santo against Zim. No point of throwing him out after two match.
i agree he shouldn't be thrown out but i am not fully convinced it was such a silly idea. i think he should play againts pakistan as number 3. But unfortunately he will likely gonna be replaced.
Old September 25, 2018, 10:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Mustafiz debut was great essentially winning series against two world cricket power - if we took the gamble of debuting him in the 2015 WC few month prior... BD's performance may have even be better.

!

I am gonna stretch it a bit and say we would have probably had a WC trophy (runners up ) if we debuted Mustafiz in 2015 WC. No one was able to play him first 1.5 years. now is a different story
Old September 25, 2018, 10:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Cool it guys. Kalpurush is watching. I mean he just made his presence known.

Old September 25, 2018, 11:15 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: $hakib Al Ha$an

Liton Das (no choice )
Somya Sarkar ( will do well against pak)
Mushfiqur Rahim ( to control two wicket down)
Shakib
Mahmudullah
Imrul kaedg ( he can play opener role from here )
Mehidy
Mosaddek ( will need the bowling )
Mashrafe
Rubel or another spin as Soumya can bowl
Fizz
Old September 25, 2018, 11:25 PM
Cricket Legend

This is incredibly entertaining, please continue.
Old September 25, 2018, 11:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
you did not ignore my comment. you made a graph. I wasn't even addressing u - it was a general comment on age and how we are debuting ppl much late these days. The core group of ppl we got now were all debuted very early.
Test and ODI are different games. I ignored your "mushy played at lords" comment and instead showed you what he did at age 16 in ODIS. Not that his test debut was any better. I thought it would be obvious why I did that, but apparently not.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with debuting young ppl in main tournament. Tamim was a surprise inclusion (at least for opposition, 17 barely any international expereince) in 2007 wc. that's pretty important event. That paid off. Mustafiz debut was great essentially winning series against two world cricket power - if we took the gamble of debuting him in the 2015 WC few month prior... BD's performance may have even be better.
You mention Fizz and before that Rashid Khan as examples of young guys who did great. Except these guys are bowlers. Bowlers debut is different from a batsman - again for obvious reasons. I prefer an apples to apples comparison - see Mushy above.

Also, FYI, Tamim didn't debut in 2007 WC. He debuted in a bilateral against Zim and then there was also some tri-series after that. Even then he was pretty poor. Scored in the teens against teams like Canada. Your comment on nothing wrong with young people debuting in tournaments rings hollow when each of your examples prove the opposite.

I know, I know, facts don't matter, age don't matter. You'll happily focus on the most minutiae details of what somebody else posts while ignoring your own glaring errors, and get mad when called out on it. Carry on idumb - we've done this sing-song far too often for me to enjoy ti anymore. But you just carry on.
Old September 26, 2018, 12:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Given Maliks strength playing spin, I would play Rubel instead of an extra spinner

Shanto does add a lot with his fielding, his catch of Nabi would have been dropped by half the other fielders
Old September 26, 2018, 01:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Given Maliks strength playing spin, I would play Rubel instead of an extra spinner

Shanto does add a lot with his fielding, his catch of Nabi would have been dropped by half the other fielders
I think the Rubel point might be valid but Rubel has been reckless in all the games. No control whatsoever. Don’t know really
Old September 26, 2018, 03:57 AM
ODI Cricketer

This XI should play against Pak.

1) Liton Das
2) Soumya Sarker
3) Imrul Kayes
4) Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
5) Sakib Al Hasan
6) Mahmudullah Riyad
7) Md. Mithun
8) Mehedy Miraz
9) Mashrafe Mortaza (c)
10) Mustafizue Rahman
11) Nazmul Apu

Abu-Dhabi is a big ground and the pitch is extremely slow. Hence I opted for Nazmul Apu (spinner) instead of Rubel Hossain (fast bowler).
Old September 26, 2018, 04:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

From what I can see alot saying bring in Sarkar. But I dont think Shanto should get the chop as even if he doesnt score runs he saves alot of runs unlike Mithun. I know he did score those runs against Lanka, but I would still prefer Shanto.
Old September 26, 2018, 06:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

All the changes did very well today.