facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 23, 2012, 11:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Default Prayers that have been answered?

Recently I've been noticing a lot of changes in my body: hair growth, chemical imbalances, more mood instability....and that's just my late puberty.

So..............as I am aging more, I am now letting go of things which are beyond my reach or as they say Allahr hatey chere diyechi. I am favoring wisdom over intellect, compassion over energy, and finally prayer instead of EFFORT to gain something.

Yes, this thread is for the religious minded people. I am sure scouring online one can get the neuroscience or psychology (science) of prayer and healing and why it works (please do share). But I am more interested in personal stories, which cannot be rivaled by any journal. Stories where you personally felt your prayers have been directly answered for miraculous results such as healing or something.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old April 23, 2012, 11:13 PM
Administrator

How about stories of miraculous survival and recovery without the power of prayer?
Old April 23, 2012, 11:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
How about stories of miraculous survival and recovery without the power of prayer?
I pray you don't ban...

Old April 23, 2012, 11:46 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

nope can't think of any such story... prayers that were left unanswered would have been a good topic for me :-(
Old April 23, 2012, 11:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I usually don't ask for anything in my prayers, and when I do (Asia Cup Final), I don't see that as some sort of precondition to faith or an article of negotiation. That being said, I am grateful for the life GOD has graced me with in this beautiful universe.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 24, 2012, 01:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Zee, feeling so helpless ??
Feel like you are on the edge but you could turn the corner with this one little special favour ??
Favour from you know Who.

Our whole life itself is a favour from Allah. EVERYTHING OF IT. From the tiniest atom to the mighty Sun, everything.
Our prayers are always answered. Some we see, we feel; some we dont. Some are anwered immediately, some are meant for longer terms and we only get to understand later.

I'm lucky to have my prayers answered many times, directly or indirectly.
For an example ??
I'll try to share if I get some time for posting longer posts.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 24, 2012, 03:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

My friend recently got his left leg amputated in a car crash. He has been praying for his leg to grow back since. I will get back to you guys when it does.
Old April 24, 2012, 03:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
My friend recently got his left leg amputated in a car crash. He has been praying for his leg to grow back since. I will get back to you guys when it does.
He should learn to pray like a newt!
Old April 24, 2012, 03:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by goru
He should learn to pray like a newt!
yeah newt gingamorich prays and gangrin cures!
Old April 24, 2012, 03:58 PM
Cricket Savant

...or pray nude?

Old April 24, 2012, 04:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

just as I thought another religion bashing thread. they never grow old in BC.

Peace Out
Old April 24, 2012, 04:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
just as I thought another religion bashing thread. they never grow old in BC.

Peace Out
Thank god Thoth don't arise from your thoughts.

Old April 24, 2012, 04:07 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Thoth ki Zeeshan bhai?
Old April 24, 2012, 04:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
Your point is dumb.

So you are saying if I pray to God a giant hologram suddenly erupts out of a volcano in a wide beam of light out of which a cornucopia of aliens will rush out to form colorful rainbow geyser and God denies it it's because God CAN'T do it?

Why on God's name would God grant that kind of wish anyway? Is cell generation really out of physical chain of laws that God can't grant that? Point is not granting a wish for wish's sake, but if it's necessary to give those miracles so as not to deviate from Teaching of the Grand Scheme.

I know it's all sexy to be doubtful of religion blaming it's not supported by science, but science is not exactly built on air-tight logic per se.

Old April 24, 2012, 04:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

eto kichu bujhina.
a true fact is jokhon bhoy ba bipod ashey tokhon shobar(muslim) mukhei Allah Allah shuru hoya jay,
ami onek agey raat e ghum er agey sura poira shuitam,ekhon shudhu kono karone bhoy lagle pori(tao rare )
Anyway,I don't remember of being directly answered,but if I remember I will share.
What ever it is doesn't mean I don't trust my prayers/du'a , the way I see it is if Allah wants he will accept it,if not then he won't, my job is to make prayers or ask him what ever I want to...the rest is up to him.
Old April 24, 2012, 05:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

The importance of prayer in Islam is great as it is the foremost duty of Muslims and one of the pillars on which the structure of Islam stands. It distinguishes Muslims from non-Muslims. The Holy Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, said:

"What stands between a man and disbelief is the abandonment of prayer."

"Know that among your duties, prayer is foremost."

The object of prayer is to remember Allah. That is why prayer was dearest to the Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, as he said:

"He who gives up prayer has indeed disbelieved."

It is also important not to pray carelessly as the Quran says:

"Woe to praying ones who are heedless of their prayers." [Al-Ma'un 107:4-5]

Praying five times a day is compulsory. Prayer consists of recitation of the Holy Quran and glorification of Allah accompanied by various body postures such as standing, bowing, prostrating, and sitting. Through these postures, Muslims express submission, adoration, and humility to Allah. The Prophet Muhammad, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam said:

"You should worship Allah as if you see Him; because though you don't see Him, He surely sees you."

Prayer protects one from sins and shameful deeds. Prayer purifies a person and brings him closer to Allah. The Quran says:

"Establish prayer, for prayer restrains from shameful and unjust deeds." [Al-'Ankabut 29:45]

And verily, Allah knows best.
Old April 24, 2012, 06:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Your point is dumb.

So you are saying if I pray to God a giant hologram suddenly erupts out of a volcano in a wide beam of light out of which a cornucopia of aliens will rush out to form colorful rainbow geyser and God denies it it's because God CAN'T do it?

Why on God's name would God grant that kind of wish anyway? Is cell generation really out of physical chain of laws that God can't grant that? Point is not granting a wish for wish's sake, but if it's necessary to give those miracles so as not to deviate from Teaching of the Grand Scheme.

I know it's all sexy to be doubtful of religion blaming it's not supported by science, but science is not exactly built on air-tight logic per se.
I didn't understand your mumbo-jumbo about the hologram and the volcano ... but you completely didn't get my point. My friend really did lose his leg, and he really is praying to Allah to grow him a new one, since sincere prayer to Allah will surely be answered - according to him.

And you don't want to go to Science vs. Religion. There are a few things in Science which is not built on air-tight logic, yes ... but still helluva lot better than being built on zero logic.
Old April 24, 2012, 06:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

A lot of my prayers have been answered. I mean I worked for it but natural forces/chance/coincidence whatever you call it have played its important role in it too.

Anyways, some of you here are quiet immature, and need to be mindful of what kind of thread you open and what you write in your various posts dealing with similar subjects. When there are inconsistencies, intentions become clear and quiet honestly, it's pathetic.

But then again, this is an online public forum for cricket lovers, difficult to keep one circle to only intelligent and interesting people.
Old April 24, 2012, 07:32 PM
Cricket Savant

@Electrequiem, Sorry if it was a real example. Thanks for making me insensitive brute! I thought you were joking as usual...

Old April 24, 2012, 07:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
@Electrequiem, Sorry if it was a real example...
why are you sorry? lol. This guy mocks his "friend" and you are sorry.. such is internet.
Old April 24, 2012, 07:56 PM
Cricket Savant

I apologize iDumb bhaia....

Old April 24, 2012, 08:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Numerous times my prayers have been answered and numerous times they haven't but I always had priorities in my prayers like- 1st thing I ask to Allah every time I pray is good health for my parents and Alhamdulillah they don't have any health related issues and I can't be grateful enough for that and I feel like as long as they are happy and in good health I won't mind if any of my other prayers are not answered..

I've witnessed the power of Ayutul Kursi many many times in my life.. It was like miracle.. Yes I've seen miracles in my life quite a few times.. Our prayers are always answered, may be sometimes we don't see/feel it instantly but we realize that at certain point of our life (if we want to) !!
Old April 24, 2012, 08:11 PM
Cricket Legend

achha ei dhoroner thread na khullei ki hoi na.. khali khali poribesh uttopto hoi.. dhormo to shobar ekanto bapper.. ekekjon ekekbhabe etake dekhe.. totally depend kore manusher perspective er upor.. dhorme to dhrubo shotto kinba mithha bole kichhu nei... ekhane ami ekta example diye kichhu prove korbo to arekjon counter arekta example diye sheta disprove korbe.. tate kore ki bishhasshider bishhash etotukuo kombe na obishhashider ete bishhash ashbe??
Old April 24, 2012, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
achha ei dhoroner thread na khullei ki hoi na.. khali khali poribesh uttopto hoi.. dhormo to shobar ekanto bapper.. ekekjon ekekbhabe etake dekhe.. totally depend kore manusher perspective er upor.. dhorme to dhrubo shotto kinba mithha bole kichhu nei... ekhane ami ekta example diye kichhu prove korbo to arekjon counter arekta example diye sheta disprove korbe.. tate kore ki bishhasshider bishhash etotukuo kombe na obishhashider ete bishhash ashbe??
Very nicely said. However, knowing Zee, that was not his intention in asking this question.

Unfortunately, threads like these will invariably degenerate into "he said He said".
Old April 24, 2012, 08:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Very nicely said. However, knowing Zee, that was not his intention in asking this question.

Unfortunately, threads like these will invariably degenerate into "he said He said".
Yeah I know that was not Zeeshan's intention but as you said it will just create another chaos..