facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old December 10, 2012, 10:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
ci about sums it up

In the end, an easy win for West Indies who never looked like losing after getting to the near-200 score, despite the margin of 18. It was strange sort of an innings from Bangladesh, on another day they would have probably got to more than 200 the way they went but for some strange reason they failed to hit full-tosses away. One other thing that went against them was the running between the wickets, they got only one for many of them when they should have pushed harder for the second.
That perfectly sums up the Match and the way we batted......can be framed. Only thing, that they were modest to say.."For some strange reason" instead of the actual reason....'Selfish Batting'

Old December 10, 2012, 10:51 AM
Cricket Legend

the sad part is zia, momin, nasir never got a chance to show up. that is my sorrow.
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

riad is a great improvised player, but he should come according to match situation. when opposition made 197, batting order should have been

tamim
anamul
zia
mushfiq
nasir
mahmudullah
mominul ( still think he is not ideal for this format)
gazi
shafiul
razzaq
rubel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd

This result just reminds me of that Pollard-Nasir clip from the 5th ODI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPKdf7aKZHs) .... which sums up the difference between BD & WI in t20....
Ha! Ha!! Good one boss!
Old December 10, 2012, 10:54 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
I would not call it a selfish game. It was just simple lack of ability to power hitting.
We need more stronger and fitter player to be successful in T20 format.
As a batsman if you think you are not hitting the ball well you hit out and give others a chance and more importantly run super hard and make those ones into twos
Old December 10, 2012, 10:55 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Anamul played a great cameo though... really excited about this kid
Old December 10, 2012, 10:57 AM
Cricket Legend

If only Zia got those full tosses...

More importantly, never guessed that gayle would pull off a narine act....
Old December 10, 2012, 10:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
As a batsman if you think you are not hitting the ball well you hit out and give others a chance and more importantly run super hard and make those ones into twos
They were trying to hit but unfortunately not getting out that is why I said, it was lack of ability to power hitting.
I agree that they missed lot of 2's, as we had 9 wickets left they must have taken the risk to make 1's into 2's as getting out would not harm.
Old December 10, 2012, 10:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

Well i guess thats normal service resumed my tiger friends!!! , EASY WIN, and make no mistake i'm sure the bangla fans went to the stadium today riding on a crest of a wave after the ODI's, but there was no way we were gonna take our foot of the gas like we did in the first two one dayers, it was straight to business this time and the tiger fans dreams were dashed once Samuels just toyed with Bangladesh's best pacer again in that final over, it was brilliant to watch,

Today we showed why WE'RE WORLD CHAMPIONS, whether you start well with bat or ball in the end we will find a way to win, and the funny thing today is WE DONE IT WITH HALF OUR RESERVE SIDE!! , i'm glad we've ended the tour as we started it, winning comfortably and now we have a break before we take on Zimbabwe, Pakistan and Nz next year!! .
Old December 10, 2012, 11:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
Well i guess thats normal service resumed my tiger friends!!! , EASY WIN, and make no mistake i'm sure the bangla fans went to the stadium today riding on a crest of a wave after the ODI's, but there was no way we were gonna take our foot of the gas like we did in the first two one dayers, it was straight to business this time and the tiger fans dreams were dashed once Samuels just toyed with Bangladesh's best pacer again in that final over, it was brilliant to watch,

Today we showed why WE'RE WORLD CHAMPIONS, whether you start well with bat or ball in the end we will find a way to win, and the funny thing today is WE DONE IT WITH HALF OUR RESERVE SIDE!! , i'm glad we've ended the tour as we started it, winning comfortably and now we have a break before we take on Zimbabwe, Pakistan and Nz next year!! .
I'm glad you learned a lesson here, "never take your foot off the gas".
Old December 10, 2012, 11:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Still In a way I'm glad to see BD made 179 in the end, where this was 170 (at max) wicket, showing how huge improvement we have made in batting department having Mahmudullah at #3. I wont give much credit to Samuel for his puking over Rubel, which was in fact due to Mushy's stupid damaged brain decision. It's Gayle who took away the match in the end with his new discovery of BD weakness of utilising full toss balls!
Old December 10, 2012, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

yeah sure... if saying that to yourself helps you sleep better...
Old December 10, 2012, 11:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
If only Zia got those full tosses...

More importantly, never guessed that gayle would pull off a narine act....
He even bowled 6 full tosses in an over....so, our batting made him a Narine....
Old December 10, 2012, 11:26 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

What. The. ****!

Classic BC Clock Fail! For the 100th time I missed a game b/c of this! Thanks!
Old December 10, 2012, 11:27 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
yeah sure... if saying that to yourself helps you sleep better...
Team that played in the t20 final!!

CHARLES
Gayle
Samuels
DWAYNE BRAVO
Pollard
Russell
RAMDIN
Sammy
RAMPAUL
Narine
BADREE

all the players in black were missing today, so what i said was a FACT, furthermore what do i need to feel "better"? WE WON EASILY TODAY!! .
Old December 10, 2012, 11:34 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Quote:
Team that played in the t20 final!!

CHARLES
Gayle
Samuels
DWAYNE BRAVO
Pollard
Russell
RAMDIN
Sammy
RAMPAUL
Narine
BADREE

all the players in black were missing today, so what i said was a FACT, furthermore what do i need to feel "better"? WE WON EASILY TODAY!! .
Don't act like an idiot because having them means you need to get rid of some of your players that played today. Can't have more than 11 players in the first team. The fact is you couldn't dominate these 'minnows' and should be ashamed of yourself. Bangladesh didn't have Mortaza their best pace bowler or Shakib their best player. This was a team that wanted to be number 1 at everything yeah right!
Old December 10, 2012, 11:36 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

WindieFan, congrats on the easy win. I am offering you muri (puffed rice), a traditional Bangladeshi snack. Jao muri khao (Have muri )

Old December 10, 2012, 11:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

We better stop feeding the troll.
Old December 10, 2012, 11:38 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
Don't act like an idiot because having them means you need to get rid of some of your players that played today. Can't have more than 11 players in the first team. The fact is you couldn't dominate these 'minnows' and should be ashamed of yourself. Bangladesh didn't have Mortaza their best pace bowler or Shakib their best player. This was a team that wanted to be number 1 at everything yeah right!
What? you're not making sense!! , of course we can only play 11 players, and the players on the field today WERE NOT OUR BEST T20 ELEVEN, thats just a fact, Badree is one of the best t20 bowlers in the world for a start, while Bravo is a top star in the IPL, Rampaul is also our main pacer in the t20s, not Roach, furthermore there was no time in the game that Bangladesh were in a good position to win the game, so yes, i'd say we DID dominate the game actually!! .
Old December 10, 2012, 11:39 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
WindieFan, congrats on the easy win. I am offering you muri (puffed rice), a traditional Bangladeshi snack. Jao muri khao (Have muri )

Good one Mufi
Old December 10, 2012, 11:45 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

What's with this guy and not playing best 11? First he used that as an excuse and now he's using that as a credibility. WTF.

Congrats on the win. Have good rest of the year and happy new year in advance. Take care and good bye.
Old December 10, 2012, 11:50 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Quote:
What? you're not making sense!! , of course we can only play 11 players, and the players on the field today WERE NOT OUR BEST T20 ELEVEN, thats just a fact, Badree is one of the best t20 bowlers in the world for a start, while Bravo is a top star in the IPL, Rampaul is also our main pacer in the t20s, not Roach, furthermore there was no time in the game that Bangladesh were in a good position to win the game, so yes, i'd say we DID dominate the game actually!! .
So who do you suggest these 4 players should've replaced in your team? Actually the scorecard says one thing unless you don't know what dominating means. The fact is you struggled against minnows and should be ashamed of yourself. You have Zimbabwe coming up so don't embarrass yourself against them as well otherwise you can forget about your goals your team has set in the longer formats. Your're just making excuses and must say they're pathetic i.e. Rampaul for Roach both are in fact good bowlers. I think you were the same person that said had Roach been playing in the test matches, Bangladesh would've got thrashed or something or some West Indian fan said that I remember. Next time beat minnows properly and comfortably in all games.
Old December 10, 2012, 11:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Good one Mufi
Ektu makhaia dele bhalo hoito na?
Old December 10, 2012, 11:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Mejaj ta khub kharap hoye ase ki korbo ar ki bolbo kisui bujtesi na !!!
Old December 10, 2012, 12:03 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
Ektu makhaia dele bhalo hoito na?
Haha, na thak. Pet kharap hoye jabe