facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old July 9, 2007, 08:49 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

T_E bhai, While I was in Netherlands for the last 10 days for a research course/conference, I participated in the traditional dutch "Farmers Golf" competition.

Here's a pic to understand the Farmers Golf (from web), It's played in the meadow with club similar to one showed on the picture and uses small handball ball as the ball.

I became champion in my first ever attempt with Golf (albeit a very different one). It was a 15 hole course with a total 750 meter distance to cover. I scored 2 birdies and 5 par and finished +6 to win the competition. A total 120 players played in the competition.

It was great fun and now I am seriously thinking about playing proper golf.

Old July 9, 2007, 09:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Now ain't that something!! Winner at first go, wow!! I think this is second time that happened in the world. The first time happened when the first tournament was played in the 1700's or 1600's.

Thank you for sharing this unique experience. I like the back ground. Holland at its best.

Now this should motivate you enough to go to the driving range and hit some balls (real balls, real clubs - they provide it). That is the best way to go before going to any course. This is a sport once you get hooked there is no returning.
Old July 17, 2007, 02:28 PM
Cricket Savant

"The open" starts at Carnoustie this Thursday. I am tired of Tiger flirting around the final day. He needs to finish off the field within 3 days. Enough is enough. There aren't that many majors left after this one.

Faldo is trying to attract media and ending up critizing his own young players. Harrington's reply was perfect.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/golf/6903095.stm
Old July 18, 2007, 01:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I was at the Bhatiyari Golf Club last week ... thought of T_E and cricman while I was there.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 18, 2007, 02:01 PM
Cricket Savant

1) Are you a member?
2) Do one need a General to accompany him/her?
3) Do guests get in free? If not, how much is the entry fee?
4) Can guests rent clubs there for a round? Or do they have to bring their own clubs?
5) How big is the course?
6) How many holes are there?
7) Does the course stay open all year long or just the summer months?
Old July 19, 2007, 05:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
1) Are you a member?
2) Do one need a General to accompany him/her?
3) Do guests get in free? If not, how much is the entry fee?
4) Can guests rent clubs there for a round? Or do they have to bring their own clubs?
5) How big is the course?
6) How many holes are there?
7) Does the course stay open all year long or just the summer months?
I'll get you in bro. Being an army brat has huge advantages. It's one of the best kept secrets of Asia. Many Japanese, Korean, Thai and Taiwanese golfers fly to Chittagong directly just to play here. Here's the link-

http://www.bhatiarygolf.com/
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 19, 2007, 09:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Thanks Sohel Bhai.

"The Open" has begun.
Tiger 2 off the leader. finished 2 under. he is back at the practice field. He wants this one bad.
hefty hasn't started yet. Ernie is in for a little trouble. one over.

I guess the big threat would come from Campbell and an Arkansan JOHN DALY. both at 3 under. John has won british open and campbell fought off a charging tiger two years ago. Lots of golf left.

The condition was hard. Typical scottish summer. Chilly, windy and rainy lol. Paul McKinley is the current leader at -4.

Those who are little bit interested try to watch few rounds if possible. World's most prestigious tourney going on.
Old July 19, 2007, 12:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Garcia?? No way!! O well he will flop as usual. He is the leader right now. -5. few holes left.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/golf/6904921.stm
Follow live text from "The Open".
Old July 19, 2007, 12:26 PM
Cricket Savant

tis suxs.
Garcia 6 under. grrrr!!!! Tomorrow he'll be four over (hoping).
Old July 20, 2007, 09:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Hefty and David toms both posted +6 today. I think they can't make the cut.

The wind is blowing today.

Garcia, duked it out with an even. many times he flirted with bogey but some how saved the hole. Tiger just stared the condition seems to get better. anything in the red today would be positive for Tiger. who knows he can go -3 and just move up the leaderboard. Lots of golf is still left.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; July 20, 2007 at 11:02 AM..
Old July 20, 2007, 11:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Tiger struggling. Double boggie to begin with. got back one in the second. Then two more boggies on the front nine. currently +3 overall +1. Brutal. Pick it up Tiger. Were is that ranger wreck?
Old July 20, 2007, 06:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Tiger struggling. Double boggie to begin with. got back one in the second. Then two more boggies on the front nine. currently +3 overall +1. Brutal. Pick it up Tiger. Were is that ranger wreck?
The 90-footer was a thing of beauty ... tough weekend ahead for Tiger.
Old July 22, 2007, 03:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Garcia lost ... YES !!!
Old July 22, 2007, 05:59 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

ewww. golf. ewwwww
Old August 6, 2007, 02:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Tiger just won the bridgestone third year in a row. Now he won the same tournament 3 times in a row twice. The only golfer in the world ever to achieve this feet. Made 1.3 mill just four days of work. (3 hours a day). Hourly over 100k.

Rory Sabatini his playing partner was leading by one shot before the Sunday and was pairing with him. Earlier he had made some comments on Tiger which had made Tiger mad. Bad choice.

1st Rory said he wanted Tiger head to head on a final round. Then he said he liked the new Tiger and he was beatable. At the end of the tournament Tiger won by 8 shots.
Old August 6, 2007, 04:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Tiger just won the bridgestone third year in a row. Now he won the same tournament 3 times in a row twice. The only golfer in the world ever to achieve this feet. Made 1.3 mill just four days of work. (3 hours a day). Hourly over 100k.

Rory Sabatini his playing partner was leading by one shot before the Sunday and was pairing with him. Earlier he had made some comments on Tiger which had made Tiger mad. Bad choice.

1st Rory said he wanted Tiger head to head on a final round. Then he said he liked the new Tiger and he was beatable. At the end of the tournament Tiger won by 8 shots.
Good show before the PGA Championships. Rory's interested in stirring things up, things that will bite him you know where as he continues to get his tush whipped by Tiger.
Old August 7, 2007, 05:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

this thread brings back memories of skipping general studies when i was 15 and running away to swanshurst golf course through the girl's school bike shed! it wasn't a full size course and you only needed a wood and a putter but it provided a more interesting option than spending the afternoon in horticultural pursuits..
Old August 9, 2007, 02:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Default PGA Championship - 2007

5 bogies and 4 birdies. Not good Tiger.

Hey! Daly on the leaderboard. Arkansas connection. Way to go.
Old August 10, 2007, 03:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Tiger slowly but steadily climbing up the leaderboard. The way he is going a 6 under is very much possible. That would put him as a sole leader.
Old August 11, 2007, 10:27 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Tiger slowly but steadily climbing up the leaderboard. The way he is going a 6 under is very much possible. That would put him as a sole leader.
Wise man.

Tiger is now is the sole leader with 6 under.

Here's the leader board
Leading players:
-6 (36) T Woods
-4 (36) S Verplank
-3 (36) G Ogilvy
-3 (36) S Ames
-2 (36) W Austin
Old August 13, 2007, 01:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Wise man.

Tiger is now is the sole leader with 6 under.
Thanks. Years of watching golf would give most of the people to make a calculated guess on Tiger. He is that good and keeps his gameplan according to the situation.

I had also predicted to my wife -7 after three days and -8 after day four to win the title. The only thing wasn't right was Woody's and Els's score. I had Tiger winning by 4 instead of 2.

++++++

Anyways, Tiger showed great control and poise. Unbelievable conditioning (body). He was ripped like a line-backer and I am sure, no professional golfer can physically challenge Tiger. I wonder what his body fat is. Guessing would be below 5%. The tempreture was scortching hot. And in this sizzling hot and humid weather he was steady and calm like Tiger.

13 done. 5 more to go. See you at Augusta.
Old August 19, 2007, 03:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Thumbs up Al Jazeera Vids

Old February 21, 2008, 12:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Default Add to the folk lore

Tiger does the unthinkable. 3 shots down five holes to go in a matchplay. He wins it in regulation. Meaning he wins last four of five holes and evens the other hole. Shear willpower and determination.

The biggest professional matchplay tournament (Accenture Match Play Championship) in the world, 1st round match up between Tiger and JB Holmes. Who is Holmes? He is a no body PGA tour player who just happened to eat Mickleson's lunch two weeks back. He was down by two with two holes to play and beat hefty in the first hole of the playoffs. So JB was in-form.

I am going to soon change my Avatar from the Avatar Aang to Tiger.
Old April 9, 2008, 11:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Default Masters Starts tomorrow!!

Go Tiger!! Get your fifth green jacket and I wish you complete your grand slam this year. Time has come.
Old April 10, 2008, 09:51 AM
Cricket Savant

And the competition has begun. Slocum is two under and leading. Tiger starts at 11:45am.

Gary Player is still amazingly fit. He is competing, wow!! Only player to have over 3 majors other than Tiger in this field. He won 3 Masters, 3 British, 1 US open, 2 PGA majors. He also won Australian open 7 times. This is at the same era when Arnie and Jack were racking up major victories. He got his share. This will be his 51st Master tournament that he is playing. A record. He is 72 year old.