facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 29, 2011, 03:45 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Default BCB hits back @ Siddons

Bangladesh Cricket Board heavily criticised former national coach Jamie Siddons for his disparaging comments and its president AHM Mustafa Kamal said he will discuss with the International Cricket Council whether he can make such comments after leaving the job.
‘Bangladesh must grow out of a culture of petty politics and indecision if it wishes to truly develop as a cricket nation. Everyone tends to know what needs to be done but it doesn’t seem to be happening, whether the money’s not there or they’re just not doing it, I’m not too sure,’ Siddons had told ESPN-Cricinfo on Thursday.
‘Siddons was with us for nearly four years and not for once did he say anything what he is saying now. I will discuss with the ICC whether he can make such comments after leaving the job,’ Kamal told New Age on Friday.
‘I even asked him to provide me with feedback so that we can take steps to take our cricket to a higher level but he did not respond,’ Kamal said.
‘Had he loved Bangladesh then he would have given us a guideline so that we can take the cricket further rather than speaking behind our back,’ Kamal said.
BCB media chairman Jalal Younus termed Siddons allegations as totally baseless and feels that his recent remarks only show that he has a narrow mind.
‘His allegations against the BCB are baseless,’ Jalal told New Age on Friday. ‘We did not expect it from him, it only showed the narrowness of his mind,’ said Jalal.
‘We are trying to improve our infrastructure and we don’t need his approval to do it,’ said Jalal.
Jalal said Siddons was removed because of his bad performance and not because of his outspokenness as the Australian coach thinks ‘he has lost the job for his mouth’.
Siddons’ contract was not renewed after the World Cup where which the tournament’s co-hosts failed to reach the quarter-finals.
‘He knew long before that his contract will not be renewed because of his performance and not because of his mouth,’ said Jalal.
‘I don’t think the national team had really made much of a progress under him as he claimed. We did not bring him so that we can score over 200 runs,’ he said.
‘We could score 200 runs even when Siddons was not there, so I think he was unable to perform to our expectation,’ said Jalal. 
Jalal said the former Australian batting coach, who took over the Bangladesh team in October 2007 from his compatriot Dav Whatmore, was a selfish man.
‘He did not teach anything to his assistant coach [Khaled Mahmud] who later resigned for not giving him enough scope,’ said Jalal.
‘That shows what mentality he used to carry,’ said Jalal. 

Source: newagebd.com

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

Old April 29, 2011, 03:46 PM

Pagla chetche

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old April 29, 2011, 03:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Why we can't take any criticism, thats our problem. We do not know that criticism is not always bad thing. Man, we need to change our mindset before doing anything good in our beloved country.
Old April 29, 2011, 03:56 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Rajniti niye kotha bolse... Chetbei to
Old April 29, 2011, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

LOL, this is so sad that it's actually funny.
Old April 29, 2011, 04:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Siddons nijer khoti nijei kortese. Now it will be very hard for him to get a job with another cricket board.
Old April 29, 2011, 04:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Siddons nijer khoti nijei kortese. Now it will be very hard for him to get a job with another cricket board.
tarmanei bujhen,lokta koto bhalo chilo,amader crckt er unnoyon er kotha bhebe nijer career ke pray bishorjon dite boshechey.
beshi bole phellam ki.
Old April 29, 2011, 04:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Loitta ke ekta laath ar Jalal ke ekta kosha thappor maarbe ke? Choor bodmaish era shudhu ei bhasha i bujhbe...
Old April 29, 2011, 04:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

We all know politics rules our cricket and its not a hidden fact.

BTW what would have happened if Siddons said during his tenure at BCB.
Old April 29, 2011, 04:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Bs, we never used to consistently score above 200 in either tests or odi's.
Old April 29, 2011, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Bangladesh Cricket Board heavily criticised former national coach Jamie Siddons for his disparaging comments and its president AHM Mustafa Kamal said he will discuss with the International Cricket Council whether he can make such comments after leaving the job.
‘Bangladesh must grow out of a culture of petty politics and indecision if it wishes to truly develop as a cricket nation. Everyone tends to know what needs to be done but it doesn’t seem to be happening, whether the money’s not there or they’re just not doing it, I’m not too sure,’ Siddons had told ESPN-Cricinfo on Thursday.
‘Siddons was with us for nearly four years and not for once did he say anything what he is saying now. I will discuss with the ICC whether he can make such comments after leaving the job,’ Kamal told New Age on Friday.
‘I even asked him to provide me with feedback so that we can take steps to take our cricket to a higher level but he did not respond,’ Kamal said.
‘Had he loved Bangladesh then he would have given us a guideline so that we can take the cricket further rather than speaking behind our back,’ Kamal said.
BCB media chairman Jalal Younus termed Siddons allegations as totally baseless and feels that his recent remarks only show that he has a narrow mind.
‘His allegations against the BCB are baseless,’ Jalal told New Age on Friday. ‘We did not expect it from him, it only showed the narrowness of his mind,’ said Jalal.
‘We are trying to improve our infrastructure and we don’t need his approval to do it,’ said Jalal.
Jalal said Siddons was removed because of his bad performance and not because of his outspokenness as the Australian coach thinks ‘he has lost the job for his mouth’.
Siddons’ contract was not renewed after the World Cup where which the tournament’s co-hosts failed to reach the quarter-finals.
‘He knew long before that his contract will not be renewed because of his performance and not because of his mouth,’ said Jalal.
‘I don’t think the national team had really made much of a progress under him as he claimed. We did not bring him so that we can score over 200 runs,’ he said.
‘We could score 200 runs even when Siddons was not there, so I think he was unable to perform to our expectation,’ said Jalal. 
Jalal said the former Australian batting coach, who took over the Bangladesh team in October 2007 from his compatriot Dav Whatmore, was a selfish man.
‘He did not teach anything to his assistant coach [Khaled Mahmud] who later resigned for not giving him enough scope,’ said Jalal.
‘That shows what mentality he used to carry,’ said Jalal. 

Source: newagebd.com

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA
which side true it's hard to tell? but doesn't matter, we need a real coach at the moment...not fighting with each other. I think both of guys not only wrong, our players are culprit too. so, drop this drama......find some real solutions.
Old April 29, 2011, 05:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Murad look at it from our side. We will have difficulty finding a right coach.
Old April 29, 2011, 06:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan

It shows the mentality of our BCB. These guys are moron! Loitta needs to resign from the post. I am also critical of Khaled Mahmood Sujon for whining as a baby. He needs to be matured. One of the interviews published in CI, he showed his interest to be the national coach once Siddons leaves! That might have been backfired and a cold relationship might have been built between Siddon and Shujon. In one of the interviews in NTV, Shujon bragged about his popularity amongst cricket fans across the globe and challenged whether anyone knows Siddon as he is known in the world!

I brought the attention to Sujon as our Jalal Yunus mentioned that Sujon didn't receive any help from Siddons!

Old April 29, 2011, 06:39 PM
Cricket Sage

I love it.... I love it.

Right or wrong I liked the fact that BCB is fighting back, showing some backbone.

Siddon was right in some sense, so was BCB. On the other hand Siddon cannot wash his hand and blame to all others, so is BCB. To be honest they are both guilty party in some way.

BCB always" had" and will "have" hard time getting a coach. So nothing changes there., But now Siddon will also have hard time getting a job, even like a job like batting coach for AUS national team. It gives an impression that Siddon is bad-mouthing his ex-employer after the fact that he was sacked (in a way). In that interview, one thing was missing, i.e. what he had done wrong or could have done better.

Siddon opened the floodgate and the dirty laundry will start coming out from both end.

Lets the slug fight begin.....

Last edited by Fazal; April 29, 2011 at 08:58 PM..
Old April 29, 2011, 08:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

before siddons we were in #9

after siddons we are still in#9

so where is the improvement?
Old April 29, 2011, 08:27 PM
Cricket Savant

জেগে উঠ, বাংলার মাতাল ঢেউ এর থেকে !
স্বৈরাচারির কুটিলতার কামারা কামান দিয়ে ভেদ করে দাও।।
চিকচিকে চোরাবালি থেকে দুরবিন হাতে চুকলিখরের দরবারে রস্মির গোলক
দিয়ে শ্ত্রুর স্মৃতিবিভ্রম করে দাও।
ন্যায়বিচারের রোদেলা আবহাওয়া বইয়ে আন সৈনিক! বইয়ে আন...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 29, 2011, 09:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

siddons is right,

mostofa kamal as head of BCB---- that proved BCB is corrupted, no other proof necessary
Old April 29, 2011, 10:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

This is the biggest problem with Bangladesh as a nation, can not take criticism. Siddons said nothing wrong, and as he is not under the contract he can say whatever he wants to. And why Siddons did not say anything like this when he was the coach? He was not interested in losing his job.

This shows how narrow minded BCB is, I have some questions for BCB head. Why was Raqibul's name cut out from the 15 against Zimbabwe? Why was there so much drama with Mashrafe's inclusion in the world cup team? Why was Mashrafe forcefully played in the Aus series? Why was Shakib never appointed as a long term captain until recently? Why isn't there an A team, why do we have to compose A team of rejected national team and elevated academy team players? Why isn't Rajshahi getting a test stadium despite dominating domestic arena for so long?

Mr Lotus Kamal, you have loads to answer before you can point finger at others.
Old April 29, 2011, 10:43 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Lol @ BCB..
"We're trying to improve our infrustructure.. He dont need to tell that"
Joke of the century.. Hats off you jalal sir.. What improvement you've done in the last four years,sir??
Old April 29, 2011, 11:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Idiot, moron, sissy..... polluted politician.... as long as this type of non-sense corrupted would hold the post there is no future....
Old April 30, 2011, 12:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I love it.... I love it.

Right or wrong I liked the fact that BCB is fighting back, showing some backbone.

Siddon was right in some sense, so was BCB. On the other hand Siddon cannot wash his hand and blame to all others, so is BCB. To be honest they are both guilty party in some way.

BCB always" had" and will "have" hard time getting a coach. So nothing changes there., But now Siddon will also have hard time getting a job, even like a job like batting coach for AUS national team. It gives an impression that Siddon is bad-mouthing his ex-employer after the fact that he was sacked (in a way). In that interview, one thing was missing, i.e. what he had done wrong or could have done better.

Siddon opened the floodgate and the dirty laundry will start coming out from both end.

Lets the slug fight begin.....
Old April 30, 2011, 12:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Oh man! LOL
Old April 30, 2011, 12:51 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

The problem is, unfortunately, if you bad mouth about Bangladesh administrators, no one holds grudge against you. Those who are aware of the inner mechanism of Bangladesh, not just cricket, knows what he said is true. Siddon's prospective employers in Aus/NZ/SA would not take those factors into account as he can explain to them what he meant, only to confirm what they know.

BCB will not have any problem getting another coach. Money talks.

But this dirty talks will not do anyone any good.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 30, 2011, 12:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
This is the biggest problem with Bangladesh as a nation, can not take criticism.
There are not many nations, if any, in the the world that can take criticism. The way of reaction varies, though.
Old April 30, 2011, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk619
before siddons we were in #9

after siddons we are still in#9

so where is the improvement?
Guess wat???

We r number 8 atm WITH NO COACH

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)