facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Bangladeshi Player that Performs Under-Pressue?
Mahmudullah Riad 14 33.33%
Tamim Iqbal 1 2.38%
Shakib Al Hasan 8 19.05%
Mushfiqur Rahim 1 2.38%
Mashrafe Bin Mortaza 5 11.90%
Mustafizur Rahim 4 9.52%
Taskin Ahmed 0 0%
Al Amin Hossian 1 2.38%
Sabbir Rahman 6 14.29%
Ex-BD Cricketer/Others 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 15, 2016, 06:09 AM
Banned

Why is Shakib Al Hasan even up there? He is not a under pressure player. His main job is to choke the oppenent and create pressure.

The real under pressure player is Sabbir Rahman who single handedly won us a match with his quick fire 80. Shakib defininetly does not deserve five votes. Remember that time he put himself on instead of Rubel, his over cost us that match.

Old March 15, 2016, 06:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Where is Shahadat Hossain?
Old March 15, 2016, 06:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Where is Shahadat Hossain?
Rotting in jail
Old March 15, 2016, 07:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanglaNAus
Rotting in jail
As he should be. People diss Amir/Ashraful for cheating. But this guy doesnt even get quarter of a flak that they get. I know it has to do with popularity but if you compare just who brought more shame to his nation as a cricketer, for me he wins it hands down over Ashraful or anyone for that matter.
Old March 15, 2016, 08:35 AM
Banned

Will be interesting to see how the poll changes over time, especially after t20 World Cup. Perhaps starting from tomorrow we will have a glimpse of what pressure is or if any player can become a hero!
Old March 15, 2016, 01:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Who was that player who had to run for toilet while batting?

must be him, who should get the "under pressure" award.
Old March 15, 2016, 01:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

It has to be Mustafiz. He has no emotion. Of course one must have the goods to deliver to be in that stage.
Old March 15, 2016, 01:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedShamim
Jadukor, can you illustrate with example? When they were under pressure and performed? What signifance did that/those matches have? If you can't remeber probably it wasn't a significant game.
2007 WC vs Ind. and the journey started.
Old March 15, 2016, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
2007 WC vs Ind. and the journey started.
Shakib came in at 79/3? and scored 53 chasing only 192.

Mushfiqur Rahim came in at 69/2 and scored a unbeaten 56

Tamim scored 51! all three did well and contributed.

I didn't see any pressure, just nerves here and being cautious in reaching 192.

But, if that according to Jadukor is pressure, fine by me
Old March 15, 2016, 01:22 PM
Banned

MODS- Please change Mustafizur Rahim to Mustafizur Rahman on the poll! Thanks
Old March 15, 2016, 01:24 PM
Banned

Shakib-Al-Hasan leading the Poll by a MERE one Vote! How? why? explain?

Nope, the one more vote goes to Mahmuallah! All square! both level on 6 votes each!
Old March 16, 2016, 07:50 AM
Banned

Who ever voted for Shakib deserves a medal lol
Old March 16, 2016, 05:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Who ever voted for Shakib deserves a medal lol

Your point is made now can you stop bashing one single player in every single thread making it look like Shakib=BD team, funny . I come to BC after a long time and all I see is few are trolling about BD team and few are just bashing Shakib. Yes Shakib is going through a rough patch like millions of other players of the world or may be he is just done. We don't know but that doesn't take anything away from him or his contribution towards the team in a very tough time of BD cricket and that also doesn't take away all his achievements. It doesn't matter whether you or anyone doesn't rate him as world class. He made a statement in the world cricket and that's why he got invited to play for different leagues around the world. So yes he has been world class whether you accept it or not.

People like you continuously bashed Riyad just few years back as if that's the only problem we had and now look how Riyad has progressed so let's just move on. If you are a BD cricket fan then you should know both Shakib and Mushy are very capable players and they can fight back anytime. Yes once in a while you can rant about a player or let your frustration out like I do but that frustration comes out of love for these players. But your comments just makes me think that you are on a mission. Please leave some pride for yourself and learn to be more considerate when certain player goes through a rough patch for the love of your country or just ignore and move on. Why you have to prove every single time that Shakib is rubbish, that's so childish! Thank God people like you are not in the selection board then we would have lost Tamim and Riyad long time ago
Old March 16, 2016, 06:04 PM
Cricket Guru

We don't have a player who can consistently soak up pressure like Kohli or past Aussie players. But our players will rise to the occasion depending on their form that da. We have seen Shakib, Rahim, Tamim or Riyad individually bail our *** in certain high-profile games or in pressure situation but its sporadic. It is extremely rare to find a player who can thrive under pressure all the time and I hope the next batch of young players knocking at the door has a gem like that.
Old March 16, 2016, 06:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
We don't have a player who can consistently soak up pressure like Kohli or past Aussie players. But our players will rise to the occasion depending on their form that da. We have seen Shakib, Rahim, Tamim or Riyad individually bail our *** in certain high-profile games or in pressure situation but its sporadic. It is extremely rare to find a player who can thrive under pressure all the time and I hope the next batch of young players knocking at the door has a gem like that.

Agreed !! it might take few generations to get players like Kohli or AB de Villiers. So we have to be patient.
Old March 16, 2016, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Your point is made now can you stop bashing one single player in every single thread making it look like Shakib=BD team, funny . I come to BC after a long time and all I see is few are trolling about BD team and few are just bashing Shakib. Yes Shakib is going through a rough patch like millions of other players of the world or may be he is just done. We don't know but that doesn't take anything away from him or his contribution towards the team in a very tough time of BD cricket and that also doesn't take away all his achievements. It doesn't matter whether you or anyone doesn't rate him as world class. He made a statement in the world cricket and that's why he got invited to play for different leagues around the world. So yes he has been world class whether you accept it or not.

People like you continuously bashed Riyad just few years back as if that's the only problem we had and now look how Riyad has progressed so let's just move on. If you are a BD cricket fan then you should know both Shakib and Mushy are very capable players and they can fight back anytime. Yes once in a while you can rant about a player or let your frustration out like I do but that frustration comes out of love for these players. But your comments just makes me think that you are on a mission. Please leave some pride for yourself and learn to be more considerate when certain player goes through a rough patch for the love of your country or just ignore and move on. Why you have to prove every single time that Shakib is rubbish, that's so childish! Thank God people like you are not in the selection board then we would have lost Tamim and Riyad long time ago
Sister, I think you have misunderstood the point of this thread. I don't know where I bashed him saying Shakib is a crap player or he isn't performing becuase his quality is awful. What I always said about Shakib is, how can we fans claim he is world class, when in majority of the world tournment he takes part he flops, under performs, goes out of form, makes stupid mistakes in crucial situation? This thread was about which player thrived under pressure. If you don't like me bashing, don't be upset. I would do that until Shakib performs in world stage and wins us something significant and shows the world that yes He is the BOSS and Yes Bangladesh can win World Tournments or quarters, semis etc. I tell you that day when he performs I would laugh my head off, out of emotion, passion and love that finally we have done it in world stage and Shakib has lived up to his so called reputation. Thank you. I critise less about Mushfiq and Tamim becuase no one labels them as world class.. Yet Shakib is, when he has failed to live up to his reputation.
Old March 16, 2016, 06:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Sister, I think you have misunderstood the point of this thread. I don't know where I bashed him saying Shakib is a crap player or he isn't performing becuase his quality is awful. What I always said about Shakib is, how can we fans claim he is world class, when in majority of the world tournment he takes part he flops, under performs, goes out of form, makes stupid mistakes in crucial situation? This thread was about which player thrived under pressure. If you don't like me bashing, don't be upset. I would do that until Shakib performs in world stage and wins us something significant and shows the world that yes He is the BOSS and Yes Bangladesh can win World Tournments or quarters, semis etc. I tell you that day when he performs I would laugh my head off, out of emotion, passion and love that finally we have done it in world stage and Shakib has lived up to his so called reputation. Thank you. I critise less about Mushfiq and Tamim becuase no one labels them as world class.. Yet Shakib is, when he has failed to live up to his reputation.
Ok now you make more sense but may be you would want to look at all your posts and every time I see your name in any thread all I see is bashing Shakib may be even you don't notice that. It could be because you love him too much or you hate him too much. So at the end your comments look very childish. Anyways it's not you or me who rates him as world clas and we don't get him those international contracts . He earned those by his performance of course. Now don't tell me you or me understand cricket better than any selectors around the who has to hire a player for their team. It's business and no one goes by emotion. So let's not belittle all his achievements just because he is going through a rough patch.

You will notice that I have already written it in Shakib's thread that I will be happy if he loses all his international contracts, which he will eventually if this kind of performance continues. I didn't say that out of emotion, I said that because I believe once he loses his credibility in the world cricket then he might get those extra time to refocus in his game. He has been overused since his early days and the exhaustion is evident in his performance. Also now he has a family so all these responsibilities might have taken toll on him. We don't know right, after all he is a human being. He has been the most consistent performer of BD cricket so far so let's give him a break. Let him take a break even if that means to keeping him out of the national team for some time. So please don't make every thread a Shakib bashing thread. Let's move on and hope that our ace players will have a strong come back soon !!
Old March 16, 2016, 07:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Definitely not any of the so called seniors. Sorry for me saying Mullah earlier.

In world events at t20 - there is NONE.
Old March 16, 2016, 09:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Shakib came in at 79/3? and scored 53 chasing only 192.

Mushfiqur Rahim came in at 69/2 and scored a unbeaten 56

Tamim scored 51! all three did well and contributed.

I didn't see any pressure, just nerves here and being cautious in reaching 192.

But, if that according to Jadukor is pressure, fine by me
Just one question. How old were you in 2007?

This was MOST pressurized game BD had ever played up till that time. The word is MOST.

Leading up to the game (two days before) we lost two cricketers in a motor cycle accident who were very close to players. One played for the team not so long ago. The news just sank the whole team.

Whoever lost the game and they would be very close to eliminated with formidable SLan team and lowly Barmuda in our group. We were considered as minnows. They were considered to WIN the damn thing. They created this type of format so that only the top 8, old dogs could have their own WC matches kicking out Zim and BD.

The trash talk Kumble did with Mashrafe day before the game, uncalled for. it inspired the whole team to play above their skin.

Team Ind had all hall of famers. Tendu, Dravid, Shewag, Zaheer, Kumble and so many more. All listed in "who is who".
Old March 16, 2016, 09:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

I wanted to vote. But I don't see the option of "none of the above."

We don't have any pressure cooker expert players in our team yet. I'm hoping for a bright future from our next generation of players.

Edit: Could be Mustafiz or Sabbir, but not enough sample yet.
Old March 16, 2016, 09:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

T_E Bhai, I've to agree with Shamim on this occasion. From what you described, it was a very emotional moment of bd team and for our nation, but it was not a pressured situation. I mean we were labeled as minnows, and no one expected us to do any better. We just wanted to prove ourselves to others, so it became a different story.
Old March 17, 2016, 03:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ok now you make more sense but may be you would want to look at all your posts and every time I see your name in any thread all I see is bashing Shakib may be even you don't notice that. It could be because you love him too much or you hate him too much. So at the end your comments look very childish. Anyways it's not you or me who rates him as world clas and we don't get him those international contracts . He earned those by his performance of course. Now don't tell me you or me understand cricket better than any selectors around the who has to hire a player for their team. It's business and no one goes by emotion. So let's not belittle all his achievements just because he is going through a rough patch.

You will notice that I have already written it in Shakib's thread that I will be happy if he loses all his international contracts, which he will eventually if this kind of performance continues. I didn't say that out of emotion, I said that because I believe once he loses his credibility in the world cricket then he might get those extra time to refocus in his game. He has been overused since his early days and the exhaustion is evident in his performance. Also now he has a family so all these responsibilities might have taken toll on him. We don't know right, after all he is a human being. He has been the most consistent performer of BD cricket so far so let's give him a break. Let him take a break even if that means to keeping him out of the national team for some time. So please don't make every thread a Shakib bashing thread. Let's move on and hope that our ace players will have a strong come back soon !!
He was sitting on the bench for KKR, initially they got it right, his place was as a sub, might sound harsh.. But was it not us fans going mad about why his not playing and KKR showing disrespect becuase his Bangladeshi? Now he got couple of chances and most often than not his bowling was outstanding (expected in India), his batting was poor, only in last 1-2 season he scored some runs. He went to County, once again his bowling was decent, batting just average or below, same happened in CPL. You see most often than not Indians love promoting their own players and exaggerating others just to have more fans from those countries watching, ratings.. They made Shakib into world class and promoted him so much that most BD fans follow KKR.. I don't exactly like him for he has underpferformed big time in world Tournments when your main star is expected to stand up from the rest.
Old March 17, 2016, 03:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Just one question. How old were you in 2007?

This was MOST pressurized game BD had ever played up till that time. The word is MOST.

Leading up to the game (two days before) we lost two cricketers in a motor cycle accident who were very close to players. One played for the team not so long ago. The news just sank the whole team.

Whoever lost the game and they would be very close to eliminated with formidable SLan team and lowly Barmuda in our group. We were considered as minnows. They were considered to WIN the damn thing. They created this type of format so that only the top 8, old dogs could have their own WC matches kicking out Zim and BD.

The trash talk Kumble did with Mashrafe day before the game, uncalled for. it inspired the whole team to play above their skin.

Team Ind had all hall of famers. Tendu, Dravid, Shewag, Zaheer, Kumble and so many more. All listed in "who is who".
Bro, no expectation = literally no pressure. No one expected us to win, no one even thought we would make it. I don't know where you see pressure, for me it was more nerves and emotions over pressure. Hope you understood my point.. Pressure comes from expectation and being able to meet those.. Yes at times you will fail but when you fail consistently when things are expected of you in world stage being the so called world class player, than literally you become a laughing matter. It's also sad one has to go back to 2007 to defend Shakib lol
Old March 17, 2016, 03:56 AM
Banned

Quote:

Hey don't singleize him.Shakib is selfish scored a 45 ball 50 in a match were he need him the most. He bowled like **** and batted even why shouldn't he cope the heat after all it creates essence inside of him to perform.Ur the villain here not shamim he played **** and fans will hate let him do his thing I'm sure we will all praise him when he is back into form.Plus I wouldn't consider his form a rough patch more like a ditch he is trying to crawl out

The last time he hit a 50 was 1 year back
Old March 17, 2016, 04:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanglaNAus
Hey don't singleize him.Shakib is selfish scored a 45 ball 50 in a match were he need him the most. He bowled like **** and batted even why shouldn't he cope the heat after all it creates essence inside of him to perform.Ur the villain here not shamim he played **** and fans will hate let him do his thing I'm sure we will all praise him when he is back into form.Plus I wouldn't consider his form a rough patch more like a ditch he is trying to crawl out

The last time he hit a 50 was 1 year back
He would have scored run a ball in that game, had Mashrafe not walked in and smashed some out of the park. Mashrafe played for the NRR! Love this man so much! Shakib kept his KKR fans/Indian happy job accomplished for IPL