facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 22, 2012, 03:57 PM
Cricket Legend

yes times have changed, he seems to be burgeoning as an all rounder - look at dpl performance. give him all rounder role. he is happier when he bowls. remember ireland in wc11? same excitement he got in dpl. he did start career as bowler. in his famous test debut he came in at 6! why was he forced to go up to 3 or 4? aita or dosh? management er dosh ... grabbing at straws - aar dosh hoi asher. ashwin scored century at 8 in debut - because bd had a dearth of batting - they pushed ash! and india didn't.

the man has spirit. the team can do with some.

Old January 22, 2012, 11:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
don't be embarrassed bros, it takes a man to admit and accept his past and move on and always grow from there, it should make you, me feel proud of the fact to see and visualize from where we have been to where we have come to now!

I remember seeing Imran Khan and Zaheer Abbas and few other big Pakistani star cricketers for a friendly match against BD XI, at the Bongobondhu national stadium, it was back in the mid 80's, I remember Imran Khan, I think another Pakistan fast bowler when they would do their "long" run ups, our top order batsmen, middleorder, any order would get very very nervous to face the ball...and very quickly Imran Khan realized it and since it was a friendly match, the shortenened their run-ups I remember seeing it, and theyy bowled with less pace so that our batsmen can at least try to play some of the balls.

We played such little cricket back then, it was expansive, the equipments, our economy was different back then, we, people had less back then. cricket would be played only during the very short Bangladeshi winters for a month or two, all those players back then they couldn't sustain themselves, feed and maintain a family playing cricket, there was no cricket, no such culture, econmoy as I am repeating myself again and again. All those people like Prince, Badshah and some others very unfortunately I cannnot recall the names, they had to work some full-time job somewhere and then played a little cricket on the side, that was the overall meat and flesh of our cricket as I remember it from that time.

Today, we have a very Weak NCL and many other things, which are not competetive, players are not learnign enough from them, it's all true but still to look at the whole picture now and put it next to then's, the mid-80s, we can see cricket has grown within our human existence, within our social and cultural fabric. A few days ago Coach Salahuddin was releasing his Manual of cricket book which will be given, according to him, to many schools, across the rural and urban locals of Bangladesh for FREE...now that is a part of a revolution, a change, and a strong seeding method of cricket into our health, mind and body, that is a very good beginning for us to embrace cricket as maybe our national Passtime, and an everyday business! And then Inshallah we shall thrive and get real good at it naturally, both in the men's and in the women's sectors. Oh and I salute coach author Salhauddin!
Just as an acknowledgement Bujhee Kom bhai, This was a beautiful and wonderful post I had no idea....
Old January 23, 2012, 03:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

forget the past lets move on ashraful ke dite kichu hobeh nah
Old January 23, 2012, 06:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by max410
forget the past lets move on ashraful ke dite kichu hobeh nah
Narey bhai, experience aar spirit-er dam achey... don't play him at 3 or 4, lower and have him bowl. keep him in test only. please.
Old January 24, 2012, 09:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^^ let's bring in bashar, chacha, pilot, aftab, rokon, golla, experience bole toh kotha!
Old January 24, 2012, 08:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
^^^ let's bring in bashar, chacha, pilot, aftab, rokon, golla, experience bole toh kotha!
Not the same, and you know it. You are young still ... in organizations experience, spirit, passion, intentions and attitude counts... in a good organization. A lifetime's worth of connections, conditions, solutions. Don't be too hasty. Perhaps you will learn that in your organizational management class at IBA. But then again - these intangibles are not taught in school - they are life lessons.
Old January 24, 2012, 08:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa

You forgot to mention Bulbul. He saved our face against India with his epic 145 & is very experienced too. Oh, i was almost forgetting Mehrab Hossain Opi. He scored our 1st ODI century when nobody thought Bangladeshis could score a century. And he's very experienced too. We are a forgetful and ungrateful nation. We often tend to forget Bulbul, Opi & Ash's heroics and be vocal against their inclusion in the current national team. Shame on us.
Old January 24, 2012, 08:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Not the same, and you know it. You are young still ... in organizations experience, spirit, passion, intentions and attitude counts... in a good organization. A lifetime's worth of connections, conditions, solutions. Don't be too hasty. Perhaps you will learn that in your organizational management class at IBA. But then again - these intangibles are not taught in school - they are life lessons.
I haven't seen any organization that values experience which doesn't contribute to the betterment of the organization. So your analogy of experience in organization is not quite right in Ash's case. You can have all the positive attitude, spirit and good intentions (?), but if you fail to deliver time after time, you are no good to a organization.
Old January 24, 2012, 09:35 PM
Cricket Legend

^ i 1 Primeval - I won't harp on this. Intentions are always important - why do you want to do something? always the first necessity in embarking on an activity. I work for a 134 year old organization - and it has always mattered. You find the person's strength and harvest that. Sorry to hear you have not found one org that does it. It's a matter of attitude. Suffice it to say, we agree to disagree.
Old January 25, 2012, 01:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

why should we waste a spot when we know that other people can do a better job at that spot?
Old June 18, 2014, 10:40 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Sakib, Mushfiq

এই লেখাটা আমার। অনেক দিন আগে "রংমহল" নামের একটা ফোরামে লিখেছিলাম। এভাবে কারো লেখা মেরে দেয়া কি ঠিক?
Old June 18, 2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziaurseu
এই লেখাটা আমার। অনেক দিন আগে "রংমহল" নামের একটা ফোরামে লিখেছিলাম। এভাবে কারো লেখা মেরে দেয়া কি ঠিক?
Shameful indeed, if your claim is valid.

Could you please send some sort of proof that the article belongs to you that we could proceed to take further action (if you want to)?
Old June 18, 2014, 11:03 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Could you please send some sort of proof that the article belongs to you that we could proceed to take further action (if you want to)?
রংমহলে আমার নিক ছিল "মাটি"। আসল নাম মোঃ জিয়াউর রহমান। রংমহলের অ্যাডমিনদের খামখেয়ালিপনায় একসময় ফোরাম অফ হয়ে গিয়েছিল। তখন অনেক লেখা হাড়িয়ে যায়। তার মধ্যে আমার এই লেখাটাও। তবে সেই সময়কার রংমহলের অন্যতম মডারেটর "জিয়া চৌধুরী" লেখাটা সামুতে শেয়ার করেছিল। এখানে তার লিংক-
আশরাফুলরা যাতে এ দেশে না জন্মায়....... আসুন সে প্রার্থনাই করি।

এছাড়াও, রংমহলের সকল মডারেটরের/অ্যাডমিনের ফেসবুক প্রোফাইল লিংক দিতে পারব। যদি প্রয়োজন হয়। আশা করি তার প্রয়োজন হবে না।

Last edited by ziaurseu; June 18, 2014 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: টাইপো মিসটেক
Old June 18, 2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Quote:
রংমহলে আমার নিক ছিল "মাটি"। আসল নাম মোঃ জিয়াউর রহমান। রংমহলের অ্যাডমিনদের খামখেয়ালিপনায় একসময় ফোরাম অফ হয়ে গিয়েছিল। তখন অনেক লো হাড়িয়ে যায়। তার মধ্যে আমার এই লেখাটাও। তবে সেই সময়কার রংমহলের অন্যতম মডারেটর "জিয়া চৌধুরি" লেখাটা সামুতে শেয়ার করেছিল। এখানে তার লিংক-
আশরাফুলরা যাতে এ দেশে না জন্মায়....... আসুন সে প্রার্থনাই করি।

এছাড়া, রংমহলের সকল মডারেটরের/অ্যাডমিনের ফেসবুক প্রোফাইল লিংক দিতে পারব। যদি প্রয়োজন হয়। আশা করি তার প্রয়োজন হবে না।
We are on it...will update you soon.
Old November 4, 2014, 08:18 PM
Street Cricketer

লেখার মাঝখানের কয়েকটা কমেন্ট পড়ে খারাপ লাগল। তাই এই কমেন্ট....

একটা লেখা যেখানে ছাপা হয়েছিল সেখানকার পরিবেশ কি ছিল বা লেখাটা কোন ঘটনার প্রেক্ষাপটে সেটা না জানলে লেখাটাকে কটাক্ষ করে উক্তি করা খুব সহজ। জাস্ট আমি আমার অবস্থান ব্যাখ্যা করি....

লেখাটা ছাপা হয়েছিল একটা সিরিজ চলাকলে আশরাফুলকে স্কোয়াড থেকে বাদ দিয়ে টিম হোটেল থেকে চলে যেতে বলায়, আই মিন হোটেল থেকে বের করে দেয়ার সময় কালে। তারিখটা আমার ঠিক মনে নেই....

ঠিক সেই সময় রংমহল ফোরামের সাবেক মডারেটর জিয়া চৌধুরী নতুন এক ফোরামিকের সাথে ঝগড়ায় জড়িয়ে পরে এবং তার ফল স্বরুপ অ্যাডমিন সামিউল জিয়া চৌধুরীকে সতর্কবার্তা পাঠায় এবং অনেক ক্যাচাল শেষে জিয়া ভাই ফোরাম ত্যাগ করেন। সামিউল সে সময় জিয়া চৌধুরীর অতীত অবদান ভুলে গেছিল বলেই মূলত আশরাফুলকে রুপক করে লেখাটার মাধ্যমে জিয়া ভাইকে ডিফেন্ড করতে চেয়েছিলাম। এ কারনই, বর্ণমালা এবং ক্লাস ওয়ানের বাচ্চাকে টেনে এনেছিলাম। ক্লাস ওয়ানের বাচ্চা বলতে মূলত সেই নতুন ফোরামিককে বুঝিয়েছিলাম......

যাই হোক, লেখাটা জিয়া ভাইকে ডিফেন্ড করে লিখেছিলাম তাই জিয়া ভাই মনে রেখেছিল এবং তামিমের সাথে আশরাফুলের ঝগড়ার পর আশরাফুলকে ডিফেন্ড করতে সাহোয়ার ইন ব্লগে লেখাটা পাব্লিশ করে এবং নিজের নাম বাদ দিয়ে সেখানে **** চিহ্ন ইউজ করে। এই তার লিংক....

জিয়া ভাই তার লেখাটা সর্বশেষ এডিট করেছে, ৪ জানুয়ারী ২০১২ বিকাল ৩:৫০ মিনিটে। অথচ এখানে এই লেখক লেখাটা শেয়ার করেছে ৪ জানুয়ারী ২০১২ রাত ৯:৫৬ মিনিটে। সময়ের হিসাবটা দেখলেও বোঝা যাচ্ছে, লেখাটা মেরে দেয়া। অথচ, বাংলাক্রিকেট ফোরাম কর্তৃপক্ষ সলিড প্রমাণ চাইছে। রংমহল ফোরামটাই ডেড হয়ে যাবার কারনে যেটা আমার কাছে নাই। তাই, আমার লেখা অন্যের হয়ে গেছে।

এই লেখাটা নিয়ে কারো কোন অভিযোগ বা কমেন্ট থাকলে দয়া করে নতুন করে করুন। আমি জবাব দেয়ার চেষ্টা করব।
Old November 4, 2014, 10:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I can see how funny it gets when someone somewhere in some online blog writes something, and then steers a life long debate for nothing. No worries, like spur of the moment or knee jerk reactions, prolonged reactionary approaches should also be reproached.

No brother, nothing to comment on some emotional blast out based on an online forum casualty which happened years ago.