facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old May 10, 2007, 07:01 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tendulkar

I am very dissapointed with the Indian Performance today,but at least another embarassment was averted .India need to pull up their socks.
Ciao

Old May 10, 2007, 07:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protic
Is Mashrafe coming back for the 2nd Odi?
Yeah would like to see him back. I think the wounded Tigers have a score to settle with him
Old May 10, 2007, 07:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by orzoon
I am very dissapointed with the Indian Performance today,but at least another embarassment was averted .India need to pull up their socks.
Ciao
True, we must win convincingly..This was a a below par performance
Old May 10, 2007, 07:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

Hurrah .At last We won the match

Well played BD ,but in the last 20 overs they played poorly .First they missed the run-out of Dinesh Karthik,then they bowled poorly .
Old May 10, 2007, 07:07 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orzoon
I am very dissapointed with the Indian Performance today
Ciao
I'm not at all disappointed.We must realise now that BD can also compete at International level .
Old May 10, 2007, 07:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Inferno : no dude it was actually a very good performance from india..they were 144-5..with Dhoni struggling and a new man in..who hasnt played for a while.. lol what u think indian players are supermen? they will reach 250 in 20 overs? that would have been CONVINCING? Indians played well and they deserves the credit..bangladesh bowling line up is decent..fielding is good too.. its not easy to score 250 of 47 against them.

Poor Dhoni..i guess his fans are still not happy.. i mean so what if he won them the match..he should have had scored his 93 of 50 balls rather than of 110 balls or so.
LOL.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno
Dhoni played like the wounded Tiger - Now I know what Shastri meant
Dhoni got the luck of getting 100% biased decision by Asoka, the culprit.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

exactly. Ashoka was the main reason why india get away with the first ODI. India would have lost if this fob (Ashoka De Sila) could do his jobz properly. I think ICC should take action against such umpires. Who knows, he must have given out rupiiz for doing all these mischeives on the field. hahaha.. u can never trust indo-paki groups eh! They can even betray their own nations.. what;s so wrong with De Silva ;D we demand a proper investigatin
Old May 10, 2007, 07:20 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Myself

I was following the score card since this morning bcos could not see the match, I think our spin attack did not work today i was disappointed with rafiq and razzaq i was expecting at least couple of maiden overs from them which would have made India's life much Moore harder, anyway there is always tomorrow. Good effort try bit harder next time GOODLUCK BANGLADESH for rest of the remaining matches.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

Oh forgot to mention my MSN nick:

1st ODI: The 12th person resist an Indian defeat! Bangladesh lost to Asoka De Silva

I think thts how everyone's nick should look like for now.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:25 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarbangla
exactly. Ashoka was the main reason why india get away with the first ODI. India would have lost if this fob (Ashoka De Sila) could do his jobz properly. I think ICC should take action against such umpires. Who knows, he must have given out rupiiz for doing all these mischeives on the field. hahaha.. u can never trust indo-paki groups eh! They can even betray their own nations.. what;s so wrong with De Silva ;D we demand a proper investigatin
Yea...True we won against the mighty BD only because of the Umpire..India can never beat BD .One win and you think BD will beat India everytime..Come out of Wonderland...
Old May 10, 2007, 07:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Generally our bowlers and batsmen never performed well together. Almost all the matches we won (except one against Aus) bowlers did the trick. Today (my own account) our batsmen did pretty decent job but bowlers just failed. It was not their day. Abt umps? We know that guy, don't we?

Instead of his contineous batting failour. Habibul didn't make many mistake as a captain. People have to understand that Dhoni/Karthik just batted well. I hope with mash Bd will play better in next match.

But still todays performence is worthy to appriciate.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:30 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider357
and Dhoni will say this.. " yea, thanks to my gay partner Asoka... we won the match... now i have to go home and kiss his a** "...
Old May 10, 2007, 07:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Dhoni got the luck of getting 100% biased decision by Asoka, the culprit.
I don't really think one wrong desicion can cause u a match! They scored almost 100 runs after that incident and we failed to get any body out.

Just cheer up it was a good match!
Old May 10, 2007, 07:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarbangla
Oh forgot to mention my MSN nick:

1st ODI: The 12th person resist an Indian defeat! Bangladesh lost to Asoka De Silva

I think thts how everyone's nick should look like for now.
Bruv umpires are human and humans are bound to make mistake so we should stop blaming an individual and concentrate to next match which is coming up.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Absolutely pointless blaming the umpire. We still had 100 runs to play with after that, as Istiak highlighted.

Not that I agree we should just let it go, we had this match in the bag and I'm bloody furious we gave it away.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:38 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal, Tendulkar

It was a great game played by both team and the better team at the end of the day won. The only thing we lacked today is the penetrating bowling attack, without Mashrafe our opening pair drops below average. I just hope Mashrafe gets back on 2nd ODI !
Old May 10, 2007, 07:57 AM
Club Cricketer

why Bashar opted for Rasel to bowl the 46th over when Sakib
had 1 over left?
Old May 10, 2007, 08:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Master Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
What? u gone Crazy with this loss??Plz be patient.u have 2 more games....
ar boliyen na mama, likhsilam[..edit..], jita khelata haira gelam. kon betai jeno complain korlo. tai edit koira joy bharotmata likhsi. [..edit..].

Last edited by Ahmed_B; May 10, 2007 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: Mod.edit: Language
Old May 10, 2007, 08:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Master Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinglenuts
let our mash cum. we gotta win next 2 matches.
£10 bet on that.
Old May 10, 2007, 08:10 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Ash, Sakib, Mash

we need mash to win against india...i thnk
Old May 10, 2007, 08:11 AM
Cricket Legend

funny, today there is no JO golla thread opened. No one is outraged to see JO playing for Bangladesh?? strange isn't it.

after losing 5 wickets before 150 runs, the pressure should have been created to get wickets or at least stop runs, but they happily gave them singles and 2 twos. That is not how to put pressure on opposition, but to stop them making runs, and force them to hit over the fielders to get runs. Unfortunately we just missed a golden opportunity to win this match.
Old May 10, 2007, 08:25 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Unhappy Umpiring Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
Yea...True we won against the mighty BD only because of the Umpire..India can never beat BD .One win and you think BD will beat India everytime..Come out of Wonderland...
First of all, congratulations to the Indian team for winning a difficult match. Dhoni played a classic innings, under difficult conditions and in physical pain, fully utilizing the help he received from de Silva.

No cricket nation can beat another test playing nation every time. (You will need to make an exception for Zimbabwe, off course. And, I don't mean that they will beat all other teams every time.) However, Bangladesh has made light years' worth of progress and can now win even if the other team does not play poorly. (This was not the case even a couple of years ago.) Bangladesh's biggest problem now is inconsistency. They can beat the world # 1, but can also lose to Ireland.

Three key factors contributed to today's loss:
  • Captaincy. Just like against WI in the Super-8 match, when Bangladesh needed wickets, Habu Bashar went for defense. After the 5th wicket fell, he should have surrounded the batsmen and put pressure on them. Yes, that would have cost Bangladesh a few extra 4's, but if India lost another wicket, the pendulum would have heavily swung toward Bangladesh. Someone needs to teach HB that unless wickets fall, an asking rate of 6-7/over with 15 overs left is easy.
  • Mashrafe. He is Bangladesh's #1 strike bowler. Case closed. If that is not enough, his absence also meant that Shahadat Hossain will bowl. We all know what that means.
  • Someone mentioned that one bad decision does not decide a match. When one decision allows the batsman to score 80 more, it certainly affects the result. Everything is possible in cricket, but it would have been rather difficult for Zaheer Khan, Sreesanth, Munaf Patel, and Powar to manufacture those 80 runs if the score was 149/6, instead of 149/5.

I don't think THIS Bangladesh will lose heart in the next 2 matches. Hopefully, HB will grow a brain and the umpires will not forget their glasses.

-ShuziBuro

Last edited by shuziburo; May 10, 2007 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: typo
Old May 10, 2007, 08:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Dhoni probably performed well out of fear of Indian public resmashing his house once again
Old May 10, 2007, 08:38 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: saqib, mushfiq, mash

well back from the stadium... what can i say... sad yes i am... totally dissapointed.. i couldnt believe my eyes... half the stadium was shocked stunned to see what happened... a match we won when the 5 wkts fell... shobai khushi lafachi.... indian players looking worried.. the atmosphere buzzing... and then all of a sudden as if someone woke up to see that it was all a dream.. and we lost.. thanks to some pathetic bowling from shahadat... and some horrible decision by bashar... and obviously that horrible fielding where kartik wouldve been out soo early...anyways... very sad i am.. the way we lost i dont think we will recover after this...in all likeliness amra pura series 3-0 harbo... atow joss batting korlam... tao bowling e in 16overs bowled by our pacers they gave away 116 or some runs away.... god!!! and then bashar field e shobai boltese bring the field in... he thought no the injured limping dhoni and the new kartik is the most dangerous batters in the world.... he sends all our fielders to the fence isnt that lovely....in one over... it was razzak or saquib... he asked to bring the field in... but no bashar thought no one can win by being aggressive... yes... again the same mistake... in the penultimate over just 12 of 12 required he decides to bring some fielders in.. and then sends ash to long of... rasel shouts out loud... bashar bhai ash k shamne anen.. he says na na o jekhane asey thik asey... he shouldve thought of cutting singles of... but no he decides not to do so... and rajib... he bowled soo horribly horrible... when mash was walking around the stadium... everyone pledged him to go and bowl... he was being missed so much... he obliged with a slight smile on his face... anyways... i have the tkt for the next game... but i am so horribly dissapointed that i dont think i would go... though the news is mash is playing the next game... but still dont think our batters would do good again..! hehehe! acha one thing... we at the stadium didnt realise there was a mistake made by an umpire .... what was the mistake could anyone inform me please.!