facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 2, 2003, 01:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default New Look India Team.......

Sourav Ganguly (captain), Virender Sehwag (vice-captain), Gautam Gambhir, Mohammad Kaif, Yuvraj Singh, Dinesh Mongia, Parthiv Patel, Sanjay Bangar, Zaheer Khan, Harbhajan Singh, Ajit Agarkar, Amit Mishra, Avishkar Salvi, Sarandeep Singh, Abhijit Kale

Old April 2, 2003, 01:59 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Big mistake neglecting Laxman. SA will blow them away.
Old April 2, 2003, 02:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Kallis pulls out of tour of Bangladesh

South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis has withdrawn from the tour of Bangladesh because of an illness in his family.
Old April 2, 2003, 04:10 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I can see that both of these teams are neglecting us. Now it will be a good chance for our team to come up with something. I'm expecting at least two wins...

But don't wanna expect much bcz our expectations always get ruined.
Old April 3, 2003, 01:23 AM
ODI Cricketer

even laxman is injured, rajputro bhai. here's how the series will go.

points table

Code:
             P W L T Pt.
Bangladesh   4 4 0 0 16
India        4 2 2 0  8
South Africa 4 0 4 0  0
scorecard:

11th april 2003, dhaka

BD 249/6 (50 ov) - this is what we got last time we played against them
Ind 204 (48.5 ov) - if holland can bowl them out for this much, why cant we ???

14th april 2003, dhaka

SA 130 (27.5 ov) - they deserve this after a poor performance in thw WC
BD 131/6 (49.1 ov) - they would bowl tight and we would hang around like canada and finally we would win

final:

20th arril 2003, dhaka

BD 265/5 (50 ov) - if kenya can score this much when they beat india for 1st time, why cant we
Ind 196 (47.1 ov) - this is what happened to india then.

[Edited on 3-4-2003 by shahid]
Old April 3, 2003, 03:47 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Don\'t be a fool

Bangladesh already has too many limitations now, to even think of an upset (of even 1 win).
Old April 3, 2003, 04:30 AM
Club Cricketer

Even this new look Indian team would blow you away. Our team is coming with some exciting youngsters like

Gautam Gambhir - A dashing opener from delhi. had a good tour of the West Indies.
Avishkar Salvi - An exciting young bowler. Also has a good yorker. Impressive in WI tour.
Parthiv Patel - Young Wicket-Keeper batsmen. Had a good tour of SA averaging 45 with the bat.
Amit Mishra - An exciting young leg-spinner. Will be the next leg-spinner for India after Kumble.

Don't ever think that your team can beat India. It will never ever happen. We would always blow your team away.

I think that your team can probably beat SA. I wish that happens twice, so that we could see your team in the final against us and then thrash your team in the final and win the series.
Old April 3, 2003, 06:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Wow you're pretty passionate about you're Indians
Old April 3, 2003, 12:35 PM
First BC Member

amit, don't say "It will never ever happen". It can happen - may be not this time, may be not this year, may be not in even 5 years time, but it can happen.

Just like I said in earlier posts - don't even think of winning a match in this tournament (that is - against SA, amit). Because we will be really satisfied with the following performances:

a) A score of upto 200 runs in every game

b) Do not get bowled out within 30th or 40th over - even with a 200 run score on the board

c) Some kind of TEAM SPIRIT that will make us forget about the world cup 2003 forever.

Old April 4, 2003, 12:43 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Amit, so passionate about the Indian team. Just hope you weren't one of them who threw stones at Ganguly's house after they lost in 1st WC match
Old April 4, 2003, 08:13 AM
Club Cricketer

we indians are passionate about our team. i didnt throw any stones at ganguly's house.

let me tell you guys that bangladesh will never be able to beat india. you guys would develop your cricket and if you can do it, we can do it quicker. bangladesh would never ever be able to beat india.

i am surprised by your thoughts. in the matches where we lost to kenya, we experimented in both games and as kenya have a great record against a-teams of test playing nations, so they were able to take advantage and beat us but this team is far-far better than those teams which lost to kenya. although we have had the embarrasment of losing 4 times to non-test teams but we still have the guy saurav ganguly who plays well against minnows and he alone would be enough to beat your team. so just forget the fact that your team would ever be able to beat india.

bangladesh would never ever beat india.
Old April 4, 2003, 11:02 AM
First BC Member

I am repeating my words again "Don't say that Bangladesh will NEVER EVER be able to beat India." Because it can happen. Saurav Ganguly is playing now, but he won't be there forever. And Bangladesh will also not be the same team that it is now forever.

One day, may be not today, may be not tomorrow, may be not in the next 5 overs, but One Day, Bangladesh will be capable of beating India and then you will be really disheartened. Like may be your older generation was disappointed in your team when Sri Lanka was able to beat India - not once, twice in the 1996 World Cup.

I agree with you on the fact that may be India was really trying to experiment against Kenya, but the team paid by price then. May be one day when everybody will think so badly about us and will start experimenting, and will take Bangladesh lightly, on that day Bangladesh will be able to beat India.

I don't think Kenya has played against many A teams of test playing nations like you have suggested. But that's a different issue.

Old April 4, 2003, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Is there any Test nation who didnt or couldnt beat India?

Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

How can you say we wont beat India, say, in 25 years?

And when we do, what will you pay for being wrong?
Old April 5, 2003, 03:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

amit,

let me tell you. dont say "Bangladesh would never ever beat India". maybe we wont beat you in the tri-series or even in the next 5/6 years but we will beat you once and for that day i can send you tissue papers to wipe your tears off. even our u-19's beat you in the u-19 wc 2002 so that should tell you that BD would beat your team some day.

you guys once thought that zimbabwe wont beat you but they did, then you thought that kenya wont beat you, even they did and now you think BD wont beat you, even we will. what next ? some day you might say even nepal wont beat you, then what will you do on the day when BD/Nepal beat you ???
Old April 5, 2003, 04:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

You said India lost to Kenya due to experimenting.....well guess what they're diong this series???
Old April 6, 2003, 03:08 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Didn't we beat India in u17's or u19's?? I think we beat them at least once. I don't remember it exactly ...does anyone remember it???
Old April 6, 2003, 03:39 AM
Administrator

Click Below

BD U-19 vs India U-19
Old April 6, 2003, 03:22 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Thanks for the link Rahputro bhai I feel better now. Amit check out this link and decide yourself who are tigers. We beat you guys in u19's in which both of the teams have the same experience and age. So, forget saying our team can never beat India. Ofcourse we will beat you in the next five years InshAllah. Just wait and watch!!!!!
Old April 8, 2003, 01:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

ehsan and rajpurto, thanks for the link. i think this can stop "amit" or it might be intresting to see what excuse he gives for that.
Old April 9, 2003, 07:57 AM
Club Cricketer

We took that u-19 game lightly. ur u-19 team was a bunch of jokes outside this match. Hadn't u guys won this match, u would have faced humiliation. ur u-19 team couldn't even beat Nepal u-19 and Canada u-19.

BD would never ever beat India. If u can improve ur cricket, we can improve ours more.

[Edited on 9-4-2003 by amit]
Old April 9, 2003, 10:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default SA SQUAD

according to cricinfo...the SA tour squad is

South African squad: Graeme Smith (captain), Paul Adams, Mark Boucher (wicket-keeper), Allan Dawson, Boeta Dippenaar, Herchelle Gibbs, Andrew Hall, Neil McKanzie, Makhaya Ntini, Robin Peterson, Shaun Pollock, Jacques Rudolph, Charl Willoughby.

This is the first time I have come across Charl Willoughby (how the hell are you supposed to pronounce that name??!?!). Wonder if its his debut.
Allan DOnald is no longer in the team. Sad! but then his time was up. He deserves a standing ovation for his achievements.