facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 18, 2002, 08:31 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Some weaknesses to overcome

If this team plays in the world cup, apart from Enamul Haque, then there are some weaknesses on the part of the players to overcome before the world cup starts.

For example, the running between wicket of both the openers - Hannan Sarkar and Al Shahriar is really pathetic.

And I don't mean that they are too slow or that they are reluctent to go for the quick singles.

It is just that when they run, they try to avoid being blasted by the throwing balls and move far away from the wicket i.e., they sometimes do not run straight in taking the quick singles, and we see it in all international matches that players try to get in between the throw and the stumps.

Well, I have seen both Al Shahriar and Hannan Sarkar not following this rule at all.

Old December 18, 2002, 08:39 AM
Street Cricketer

They really need to do the simple things right. No use knowing all the fancy stuff if they can't even run between the wickets properly.

Take a team like Zimbabwe. Their player base is still tiny. They struggle to get enough players who are truly top class and on top of that they've got to cope with a lot of political rubbish too. But they still manage to come with some occasional shock results just by being cool, professional, tough and sticking to the basics. I admire them for that.
Old December 18, 2002, 09:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Yeah I agree. We are quite a way short of other Test teams in terms of batting and bowling. But we can aspire to be the best fielding side in the world. Our guys are small and can move around quicker. Look at all the best fielders in the world, Jonty, Gibbs, Ponting. Also, we should sort out our running between the wickets. Like Miran said, these are the basics and we should get them right.

Old December 18, 2002, 05:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

If you want to idlise anyone in the field let it be...............Andy Symonds. This guy is absolutly brilliant