facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old June 18, 2009, 06:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Default North Korea qualifies for WC2010

Firstly congratulations to them.....

Secondly, are they the worst team to qualify in recent years? I have seen them play; they play even home games with 7 men in the box, and hoping to score off a counter attack....

Its easy to pack 10 men in the box against Saudi Arabia or Iran, but better teams will eat them alive....

Old June 18, 2009, 06:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Saw quite of few of the Asian qualifeirs on TV this year.

Not so sure about their impending failure in the big dance next year. Like all North Korean teams, these guys are absurdly fit, and although not as technically sound as the Koreans, Japanese, Iranians and the Australians, they are a tenacious lot who won't miss too many chances once they present themselves. East Asian teams have also performed with more cojones against European and South American teams, compared to West Asian powerhouses such as KSA, Said Al Owairan's heroics against Belgium notwithstanding, and I expect them to continue that tradition.

Also, having a lunatic/bad filmmaker/worse poet leader's axe over your head will provide the extra incentive not to fail too horribly.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 18, 2009, 06:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

North Korea!! comes as a surprise to me. They were a force to reckon with in the past, but not in recent years. Congrats to them.

I have not seen them recently. What i knew about them is that they play tough foot-ball using lots of body and commit lots of foul.

Anyway, what about South Korea? have they qualified?

Bhais, are we gonna see Bangladesh playing World Cup Foot-ball in our lifetime? Scare to dream of it, but still have some fantasies on that.
Old June 18, 2009, 06:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
Bhais, are we gonna see Bangladesh playing World Cup Foot-ball in our lifetime? Scare to dream of it, but still have some fantasies on that.
Several things are likely to happen before we even qualify for Asian Cup, let alone the Big Dance: -

1) Sustainable peace and jigri dosti between Israel and Palestine.

2) Mohammad Ashraful will average 50.0 on all forms of cricket and will retire with 20 centuries in tests and ODIs.

3) Hell will freeze over.

Japan, South Korea, Australia and North Korea are the Asian qualifiers. Not sure if Iran and Bahrain still have an outside chance through the playoffs ...

Articles: -

1. DPRK.

2. IRAN.

3. BAHRAIN.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 18, 2009 at 07:54 AM..
Old June 18, 2009, 10:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Wow!! What team united Korea could produce. So, Which European powerhouse didn't qualify for the tourney?

England, France, Holland, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Romania, Belgium all qualified?
Old June 18, 2009, 10:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Junior, Ader, Falcao, Zico, Socretes I miss that team so much. And the German Machine.

Then I miss Chifo, Hagi, butroguinio (sp), Shilachi (sp), Baggio, Maldini (20 year old).

I will support Brazil as always and hope Ronaldinho plays. But I love to watch "the bomb", Messi. First time I am supporting an Argentine. wow!! This shows I am getting old and changing.
Old June 18, 2009, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Bahrain will be playing off with Saudi Arabia for a chance to play off with New Zealand in turn for a spot at the main event.

Only the Netherlands have qualified from Europe so far. Portugal, Sweden and the Czech Republic are in a spot of bother, but it's way too early to comment on their chances.
Old June 18, 2009, 05:48 PM
Cricket Legend

OMG 2010 WC is coming, 2006 WC was a blast to watch. Congrats North Korea...
Hope Argentina does something big in this one.
Old June 18, 2009, 09:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Wouldn;t surprise me if MExico Finished CONCACAF 4th and Argentina finised 5th in CONOMBEL and the had to faceoff in the playoff.

Egypt's Chances are very bleek, all but out

Portgual, Czech Republic and France are in a World of Trouble

02 WC still my favorite something about watching Soccer 2 AM thats really special and the Sea of red was WOW

Last edited by cricman; June 18, 2009 at 09:19 PM..
Old June 19, 2009, 08:49 AM
Cricket Savant

After all is said and done, Iran didn't deserve to go through anyway. Breathtaking build ups mean nothing if you can't finish. Hashemian let them down over and over again, and here we are.

Bahrain is a really exciting team to watch. Fast and skilled, I expect them to come through.

Last edited by Sohel; June 19, 2009 at 09:03 AM..