facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 4, 2014, 10:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

This was from July 22nd, 2012 when I opened this thread: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Hashim's on 183* at the Oval, his 14th test 100 in 103 test innings, as I post this, while Virat hit his 12th ODI 100 in 83 innings. Hashim (29) averages 47 and 56 in tests and ODIs respectively, and Virat (24) 33 and 51. Both are also excellent T20I batsmen set to captain their countries in the future in all 3 formats of the sport.
Kohli is the best limited overs batsman in the game today on all surfaces. I'm sure he'll stamp his authority in tests also. Still just 25.5 and averaging 47 (tests), 52 (ODIs), and 44 (T20Is), he's a class apart in the middle. And with 19 ODI 100s already, I see him race past SRT in the format. He's a proven match-winner who dominates the 50-over game the way Sir Viv did.

Amla just turned 31 and being as fit as he is physically and mentally, I see him batting at a very high level until he's 40. Now averaging 51 (tests), 53 (ODIs), and 25 (T20Is), this late bloomer is still getting better despite the occasional and brief hiccup. I won't be surprised if he finishes his career with 40+ test and 20+ ODI 100s, and a T20I average close to 35.

Both are sublime to watch and make you love the game the way ABD and Clarke also do but this thread isn't about those blondes.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Old April 6, 2014, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: rahul dravid

Kohli is the only cricketer with 45+ av in all three format

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 7, 2014, 03:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I won't be surprised if Kohli averages 50+ in all three formats. Tough to get him out in T20Is and I anticipate lots of not outs.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 9, 2014, 04:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

The rat's average almost sub 40 now. Definitely seems a product of the BCCI hype/PR machine right now. A high score of only 119 indicating a lack of temperament for the longer format. Puj's avg in the low 50s now as well. Only Rahane has maintained or increased his reputation.

The rat is still a beast in limited overs.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 9, 2014, 10:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Kohli is no doubt the best batsman in the World atm. But i wonder if he can hold on to the title if he keeps playing in foreign conditions?
Old August 9, 2014, 11:08 PM
Cricket Sage

dhoopashhhhh.....
Old August 9, 2014, 11:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

I think Kohli will overcome foreign conditions it's just a matter of how long until he gets there. Meanwhile guys like Samson, tiwary and jadhav just had a really good A team tour down under, I'm not sure pujara is the long term #3, I'm not writing him off at all but are there other better indian batsmen on the rise? And can rahane keep up this sort of work outside of the SC? Kohli is potentially the long term #3 imo with Samson coming in as the long term #4 assuming he doesn't keep. Pujara could open unless someone like chand or jiwanjot or even reddy step up I reckon pujara and dhawan would make a good opening duo even though dhawan is on the outs atm and vijay is performing.
Old August 9, 2014, 11:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Kohli is no doubt the best batsman in the World atm. But i wonder if he can hold on to the title if he keeps playing in foreign conditions?
Best limited overs batsman. In tests there are many better than him. De Villiers, Amla, Clarke, Bravo Jr, R Taylor, Sanga, etc. His numbers just aren't there.

Amongst youngsters I'd put Williamson and Root and Rahane ahead of him too. Heck atm, even B Taylor is outdoing him.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 10, 2014, 12:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Yeah there are a lot of batsmen ahead of Kohli in tests atm, even youngsters as mentioned in above post.
Old August 10, 2014, 06:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Not for me. In Tests he isn't even Top 10. Across all formats de Villiers, Sangakkara and Amla are better.

Kohli's deficiencies have been exposed by England. He is tentative outside the off-stump when the ball is doing just a little bit. He needs to work on leaving those deliveries. He is very strong mentally and I'm sure he'll overcome this lean patch.
Old August 10, 2014, 06:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

it's just a poor form, he lacks confidence because he himself never went through this, Eng bowled smartly to him.
Otherwise Koheli is a proven cricketer outside sub continent,in tests he got a 119 & a 96 in JoBurg,a 116 in Adelaide, a 105 in Wellington.
Old August 17, 2014, 02:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Lesson from this series - Kohli's got miles and miles to go before he can be compared to Amla in the longer format. That said he is a top notch limited over batsman like Gayle. I just hope this is not the beginning of a long drawn out lean patch like the one Cook endured.
Old August 17, 2014, 04:12 PM
Cricket Guru

I blame his gf
Old August 17, 2014, 04:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

The likes of Amla, Sanga, Clarke, Jayawardena, Chanders and ABD are just on a different level as the rest and are all time greats. Kohli gets put in the same sentence often mainly because he's got such a great record in ODIs and naturally people put him in the same ranks but it's unfair to put him with them.

Like others have said, he's still got a very long ways to go before he can be in the same ranks as those players. He might actually never be but he can still be a very good batsman when it's all said and done.
Old August 17, 2014, 08:59 PM
Cricket Guru

he's an ATG ODI batsman and has the potential to be a very very very good longer format batsman but yeah he's not on the level of those you mentioned.
Old August 17, 2014, 11:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
The likes of Amla, Sanga, Clarke, Jayawardena, Chanders and ABD are just on a different level as the rest and are all time greats. Kohli gets put in the same sentence often mainly because he's got such a great record in ODIs and naturally people put him in the same ranks but it's unfair to put him with them.

Like others have said, he's still got a very long ways to go before he can be in the same ranks as those players. He might actually never be but he can still be a very good batsman when it's all said and done.
exclude jayawardane

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 17, 2014, 11:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushik
exclude jayawardane

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Depends on your criteria for great, sehwag and jayawardene probably just under ATG level due to the wholes in their records.
Old December 18, 2014, 07:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Amla hits 3rd 200 in test.
he scored 208 before getting out
and on the other hand kohli smashed 2 ton in last test.
Old February 15, 2015, 10:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Lets See how they perform in this world cup.kohli allready hits a ton vs pakistan.
Old February 15, 2015, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

ICC ODI rankings never get more accurate than it is right now at the top - 1) AB 2) Amla 3) Kohli.
I also look forward to watching these greats perform at the top of their game.
Old March 3, 2015, 05:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

congratulations to Amla on becoming the fastest to 20 ODI tons.

it took Amla 111 odis
Koheli 141
AB 182
Sachin 204