facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 11, 2008, 03:50 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

I want Mendis to play, this guy is a genius and anyway if you beat sri lanka when he isnt there, no one will really care that you won the match sadly. Beating sri lanka these days is determined by how well you play Mendis. When we whitewashed Australia 3-0 in New Zealand I never really got hyped up for it because the Australian side was lacking players such as ponting and Gilchrist

Old December 11, 2008, 05:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Good for Mendis Bad for us if he is not coming...
Old December 11, 2008, 05:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

So we have the first test in between the election? I am not sure if it is a good idea. Hopefully our boyz will be focused. Looking at SL performance in ZImb, they did look a little rusty. Hope we take this opportunity. Good luck!!
Old December 11, 2008, 07:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzfan
I want Mendis to play, this guy is a genius and anyway if you beat sri lanka when he isnt there, no one will really care that you won the match sadly. Beating sri lanka these days is determined by how well you play Mendis. When we whitewashed Australia 3-0 in New Zealand I never really got hyped up for it because the Australian side was lacking players such as ponting and Gilchrist
I disagree - Bangladesh isn't the kind of team who can take down Sri Lanka even without Mendis. Bangladesh winning any match against Sri Lanka would attract major attention from the cricket world, especially if we can fluke a mircale and win a test. We don't need people to care - we need to win some matches desperately and gain some points.
Old December 11, 2008, 11:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

cricket_king is right, a test victory against any side (bar zim) will get massive media attention and may cause the critics (messrs Greig, Symcox etc) to rethink ...
Old December 11, 2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
cricket_king is right, a test victory against any side (bar zim) will get massive media attention and may cause the critics (messrs Greig, Symcox etc) to rethink ...
Also, a win in Test against the "Big Guns" means:
- Live Video coverage worldwide
- More money for BCB and players
- More forum members for BanglaCricket
- More "Jamal" in the stadium
Old December 11, 2008, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

শ্রীলংকাকে এবার আশরাফুলেরা গোগ্রাসে গিলে খাবে। থুক্কু আশরাফুল না, মাশরাফি/সাকিব/তামিমেরা। আশরাফুল বাধ্য দর্শকের মত চেয়ে চেয়ে দেখবে। সমস্যা হলে জিম্বাবুয়ের সাথে একটু হতে পারে আর কি।

অবশ্য আশরাফুল একটা সেঞ্চুরি মেরে বসলেও কিন্তু অবাক হব না।
Old December 12, 2008, 12:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Mendis just survived few more days! He holds the worst record against our batters compare to other Test Nations. I wish him a quick recovery and want to see him blasted by our beloved Ashraful and Co.
Don't worry, your dream will come true, since he is playing the odi series.
Old December 13, 2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshakir56
Don't worry, your dream will come true, since he is playing the odi series.
My dream? NOT yours?!
You would be the one who would after Tiger's win the the 1st ODI!!
Old December 13, 2008, 03:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

BCB takes guard

The recent few incidents forced the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) to ponder the national players' discipline.

The board high-ups met the team officials who recently toured South Africa with the national team, at the Mirpur headquarter yesterday to gather information about few occurrences.

New disciplinary committee chairman Ahmed Sajjadul Alam was not ready to disclose what actually was discussed in the meeting but what he confirmed was that president Maj Gen Sina Ibn Jamali referred a disciplinary issue to his committee.

The board has taken the initiative as it was reported that some players were quizzed at the Zia International Airport on their return from South Africa for carrying alcohol and they were also involved in a squabble with supporters during that tour.

"President referred an issue to my committee and we are working on it. There is nothing that we can inform you and we will let the media know if we have any conclusive outcomes," said Alam.

He however admitted that there is a need for them to create awareness among the national cricketers about some disciplinary issues as well as the code of conduct.

Another board director and former national captain Gazi Ashraf Hossain, who was also present in the meeting along with Mahbubul Anam, said that previously they were not too concerned about the players' discipline, as there were hardly any problems.

But the recent actions gave them the impression that there is need to inform the players about the few issues which will help them avoid any trouble in the future as many think that most of the players lack the knowledge about behavior of a national player.

It's not only on the disciplinary ground but many felt that there are some other issues which should be brought to the mind of the cricketers. Many have even doubts over whether the young guys can understand how big it is to represent a country.

"One has to understand how big it is to represent a country. We did not have too much concern about a few things including the disciplinary issues but what we thought was that the time has come to focus on those issues to avoid any incident," said Ashraf.

"Another thing is that one should feel proud as a national player and the first thing is one should perform in the field first," he added.

The team management however has a huge responsibility to aware the players about the above things and particularly the team operations manager can play a big role regarding these issues but there has been a lack of initiatives from them.

In these days an operational manager have hardly any job rather than providing the logistical supports but Gazi Ashraf said that there is no bar on the manager for which he can keep himself from doing other activities.

"There is no specific boundary for the team operations manager and definitely he can play a role about awareness of some issues," said Ashraf.

from The Daily star
Old December 13, 2008, 05:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

thank you green tea bhai, that's a good thing! what has hira mia been doing? i want to be the tigers' team operations manager!
Old December 13, 2008, 11:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
My dream? NOT yours?!
You would be the one who would after Tiger's win the the 1st ODI!!
Yeah ur right, its everybodys dream. But not everybody is willing to dream anymore due to the fact that it gets shatterd with ever so frequency !
Old December 14, 2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshakir56
Yeah ur right, its everybodys dream. But not everybody is willing to dream anymore due to the fact that it gets shatterd with ever so frequency !
Have faith, Tigers would make you proud, bro.
Old December 14, 2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asifthemanrahman
শ্রীলংকাকে এবার আশরাফুলেরা গোগ্রাসে গিলে খাবে।

অবশ্য আশরাফুল একটা সেঞ্চুরি মেরে বসলেও কিন্তু অবাক হব না।
আরাফুলের নয়ন-মনোহর শতকে মাতিয়ে উঠব আবারো - এই অপেক্ষায় আমিও বসে আছি আপনার মতই আসিফ...
Old December 15, 2008, 04:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

i predict SL will lose the test series and go home humiliated and super embarrassed. Inshallah, i have a gut feeling about it....! -hojo samurai
Old December 15, 2008, 06:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

হৈ হৈ কান্ড রৈ রৈ ব্যাপার নাচে গানে মন মাতলো সবার।
Old December 15, 2008, 06:52 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Dilshan

reading all the comments...

do u realy think Mendis will be a big threat against u guys ?

in tests yes..but in one dayers I think Bangla has done better than anyone else.. so in one dayers I think u guys will handle mendis better than others..

in SL r team+mahela got thrashed by the media (& still getting thrashed) for the lackluster performance they put on in Zim.. tru the pitches were horrible (Possible the saddest examples for one day pitches I've ever seen) but they were far to defensive..

so r guys maybe looking to put it to rights & be a bit more aggressive.. so in that respect it may be a bit disadvantages to BD & Zim (specially Zim)..

I look faward to see Maharoof preforming to his abilities...& looking foward to Anjelo Mathews..he is a gud alrounder.. We have 3 alrounders now (Mathews, Mirando & Maharoof...GOD!!! WHATS WITH ALL THE 'M's ???? )..so expet them to be rotated in the one dayers..

but I still believe BD will sneak in atleast 1 one day victory in this tour...

Regarding MAhel's form..he is a kind of player if he goes out of from he will be out of form for about 5-10 matches straight.. & if he come back to form he will be awesome (ex- Last World Cup..somehow got back to form in the first 2 matches & was one of the highest scorers for us)..Sanga is due for a failier..he has been scoring regularly so bound to fail one or 2.. but doesnt go totally out of form really (like mahela)

so thats about it for SL side

How about the capabilities of BD players ? for tests & the one dayers ? Who is currently in form & who is likely to fail ? like to know..
Old December 16, 2008, 12:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

I feel Shakib will cause you guys a few problems with his bowling, I am sure Mushfiq will do pretty gud with the bat in Tests, I am expecting more from Tamim this series as by his standards he dint have a gr8 series against SA so hopin he makes sum solid 50's or 100's
Old December 17, 2008, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyro

How about the capabilities of BD players ? for tests & the one dayers ? Who is currently in form & who is likely to fail ? like to know..
Tamin: He might force Maharoof to take an early retirement
Zunayed: Could cause Vass's economy rate an inflation
Mushfiq: Sangarakara might want to be as short as Mushfiq
Ashraful: Murali would open a cricket academy research center to read Ashraful

Should I continue?

Ah! No worries, bro. You would win the 2nd Test!!
Old December 18, 2008, 02:32 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Dilshan

and the first test as well..

anyways..ashraful always players murali better than most batters..mushfic also reads murali ok..

but others not so sure..
Old December 18, 2008, 02:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

Are you alright Sangakkara?

When the Sri Lanka cricket team arrived at the Zia International Airport on Thursday, all eyes were stuck on Kumar Sangakkara not just because he is one of the best players of the side, but for his feet that were almost bare.
The star wicketkeeper-batsman wore slippers instead of shoes and was clearly limping, which took him at the centre of attention. Hardly a cricketer appears on an overseas tour with such an outfit, so everyone was curious to know what had happened to him. ‘Kumara, are you alright?,’ asked a reporter. Sangakkara only nodded his head to appease the media. Later an official confirmed that he has an injury in his right-foot toe and thus was unable to wear shoes.
‘He will be alright before the Test series starts,’ said the unnamed official.
Sangakkara was the leading Test scorer against Bangladesh until he was recently overtaken by South African skipper Graeme Smith. When his attention was drawn to this, the left-handed batsman again nodded his head to confirm that he is aware of the fact.
Are you confident about retaking the record?
The somber-faced cricketer nodded his head for the third time in a positive manner, but again did not say any word.

from The Newage
Old December 18, 2008, 02:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tea
Are you alright Sangakkara?

When the Sri Lanka cricket team arrived at the Zia International Airport on Thursday, all eyes were stuck on Kumar Sangakkara not just because he is one of the best players of the side, but for his feet that were almost bare.
The star wicketkeeper-batsman wore slippers instead of shoes and was clearly limping, which took him at the centre of attention. Hardly a cricketer appears on an overseas tour with such an outfit, so everyone was curious to know what had happened to him. ‘Kumara, are you alright?,’ asked a reporter. Sangakkara only nodded his head to appease the media. Later an official confirmed that he has an injury in his right-foot toe and thus was unable to wear shoes.
‘He will be alright before the Test series starts,’ said the unnamed official.
Sangakkara was the leading Test scorer against Bangladesh until he was recently overtaken by South African skipper Graeme Smith. When his attention was drawn to this, the left-handed batsman again nodded his head to confirm that he is aware of the fact.
Are you confident about retaking the record?
The somber-faced cricketer nodded his head for the third time in a positive manner, but again did not say any word.

from The Newage
Thats the second time in a week or so that 'shoes' are a focal point of the media
Old December 18, 2008, 05:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyro
reading all the comments...

do u realy think Mendis will be a big threat against u guys ?

in tests yes..but in one dayers I think Bangla has done better than anyone else.. so in one dayers I think u guys will handle mendis better than others..

in SL r team+mahela got thrashed by the media (& still getting thrashed) for the lackluster performance they put on in Zim.. tru the pitches were horrible (Possible the saddest examples for one day pitches I've ever seen) but they were far to defensive..

so r guys maybe looking to put it to rights & be a bit more aggressive.. so in that respect it may be a bit disadvantages to BD & Zim (specially Zim)..

I look faward to see Maharoof preforming to his abilities...& looking foward to Anjelo Mathews..he is a gud alrounder.. We have 3 alrounders now (Mathews, Mirando & Maharoof...GOD!!! WHATS WITH ALL THE 'M's ???? )..so expet them to be rotated in the one dayers..

but I still believe BD will sneak in atleast 1 one day victory in this tour...

Regarding MAhel's form..he is a kind of player if he goes out of from he will be out of form for about 5-10 matches straight.. & if he come back to form he will be awesome (ex- Last World Cup..somehow got back to form in the first 2 matches & was one of the highest scorers for us)..Sanga is due for a failier..he has been scoring regularly so bound to fail one or 2.. but doesnt go totally out of form really (like mahela)

so thats about it for SL side

mendis has only played 2 matches and 17 overs against us...so we can't really say we've handled him better. wait till the tri series to make that call.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 21, 2008, 08:36 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib & Rubel

Mushfiqur confident of tackling Muralitharan

Bangladesh wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim is confident his batsmen can negate the threat of Muttiah Muralitharan in the upcoming two-Test series at home against Sri Lanka, starting on Friday in Dhaka.

"The Sri Lankan bowling has a lot of variety especially in the longer-version game but without any doubt, Murali is the main threat," Mushfiqur said. "It was not so easy to read his doosra but what I feel is that now we can read it much better."

The 20-year-old has a reason to feel positive, as his highest score of 80 came against the same opposition in Colombo last July. His 191-run partnership with Mohammad Ashraful in that match though couldn't prevent Bangladesh from losing by an innings.

"I'm now more mature to handle this bowler while Ash [Mohammad Ashraful] had a good record against Sri Lanka as he's got some runs against them. He proved that nothing is impossible," he said.

Mushfiqur has played 12 Tests and, in addition to the 13 catches and one stumping, has scored 409 runs at 18.59 - a statistic he will be keen to improve on.

He also believed the batsmen needed to be courageous enough to survive against Muralitharan, the highest wicket-taker in Tests. "It would be unwise to be bogged down against him [Muralitharan], rather we have to be brave enough to handle him. We have to make sure that we rotate the strike to keep the scoreboard running," he said.

Mushfiqur remained optimistic despite Bangladesh's two previous series losses against the only teams they have played this year: New Zealand and South Africa. While they lost 0-1 in the two-match series at home to New Zealand in October, they lost both Tests in South Africa last month. Bangladesh have played eight Tests in 2008, losing seven and drawing a rain-affected game.

"We want to play good positive cricket in the series. I think we already proved that we have got the ability as a team to play good cricket but the problem is that all of the departments like batting, bowling could not click simultaneously. Anything can happen if our bowling and batting click together," said Mushfiqur.

Mushfiqur, who is a lower-order batsman, said he was ready to bat at the top if needed, though his main focus would be to serve the team first. "For me the team comes first. I am ready to bat at any position. The main thing is to contribute something for the team."http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bdesh...ry/383662.html
Old December 22, 2008, 07:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Well our players have already bagun their usual "talk-ups" before a series. For Mushfique's sake, they'd better handle the Sri lankan bowlers with ease.