facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 29, 2009, 09:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Default ICL coming to an end?

Abdul Razzaq has said the ICL has terminated their contracts. Now by "their" it is not clear who he meant, is it just the Lahore Badshahs only or every player in the ICL. There are reports too which say that ICL have told the most expensive players of the tournament like Shane Bond and Daryl Tuffey that they will be released from their contracts if they requested so. Media is saying this is because Zee isn't prepared to finance the ICL anymore due to the unattractive economic climate.

Now I did enjoy watching the Dhaka Warriors but my first priority will always be the Bangladesh team and it is vital for us to have players like Alok, SN and Dhiman back in the team - even more so since the Twenty20 World Cup is around the corner and besides Ash and Mash we do not have any other proper aggressive players in the current team. So the bottom line is if we are to beat the big guns we desperately need Alok, Aftab, Nazim and Dhiman back. And for that I'm prepared to sacrifice Dhaka Warriors.

More to come.

Old March 29, 2009, 10:10 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I am with you on this one. If we are to make an impact on the 20/20 cup, then we need the fab 4 on the team. Having a strong reserve team always ensures the best performance.
I am a bit surprised with Zee backing out so quickly. I guess they too are no match for the might of BCCI. It was fun while it lasted.
Old March 29, 2009, 10:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Whether ICL is there or not - no way the three germs (SN, Alok, Dhiman) would be in my Bangladesh team. SN feel that playing for ICL is the greatest thing happen to him; Dhiman already has done enough for the team; Alok has publicly denounce our national team captain (I am not an Ash fan; but still he is our national captain)
Old March 29, 2009, 10:18 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Whether ICL is there or not - no way the three germs (SN, Alok, Dhiman) would be in my Bangladesh team. SN feel that playing for ICL is the greatest thing happen to him; Dhiman already has done enough for the team; Alok has publicly denounce our national team captain (I am not an Ash fan; but still he is our national captain)
Sure they may have chosen monetary incentives over national pride, but wouldn't you agree that a stronger reserve bench would only enhance our team? We could really make an impact with their help. I think they are as proud as anyone in the team, when it comes to representing for their country. Let us forgive. What do you say thebest?
Old March 29, 2009, 10:33 AM
Cricket Legend

ICL offers to release New Zealand players:
http://content.cricinfo.com/icl2008/...ry/397257.html
Old March 29, 2009, 10:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

I don't want to see those traitors in red and green...
Old March 29, 2009, 10:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Sure they may have chosen monetary incentives over national pride, but wouldn't you agree that a stronger reserve bench would only enhance our team? We could really make an impact with their help. I think they are as proud as anyone in the team, when it comes to representing for their country. Let us forgive. What do you say thebest?
I am willing to forgive the other 13 (HB and Rafiq are still my favorite player; Aftab showed repentance for joining and the rest Farhad, Rubel the useless Nazim can be forgiven for their greed for money) but not the three. They bear the same DNA as that of MirJafar, Quisling or Peta. They should not even allowed to play even in exibition match. Aftab, HB, Rafiq et al sold their skill to highest bidder but these three sold their soul.
Old March 29, 2009, 10:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Alok definately desrves to be forgiven because I believe his reasons were justified. He wasnt given the full contract by BCB even after the fine knock against India ( probably one of the best innings by a bangladeshi batsmen). He was always in and out of the team. He was contnuously ignored even after he managed to be the best all rounder in Bangladesh premier league for few consecutive years. He was only given a chance after some injuries during Asia cup. Siddons saw him at the practice session and loved his batting. Blank the rest...
Old March 29, 2009, 11:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

I can forgive anyone but Dhiman. Man..I was so happy to see him in the team and I was hopefulll he will score big soon. But the comment he made after quiting Int cricket, I don't even like to see his face. We don't need any players of his nature. Doesn't matter if he is one of the best keeper we have in our country. I can live with Mushy in the mean time. Mithun is scoring big and heard he is good in keeping too. So forget that selfish and ungreateful Dhiman.

SN is also a selfish but I wont mind seeing him in the national squad. Aftab will not play for the national team anymore. He is lazy(he said it himself) and doesnt like working hard like they do in national team.
Old March 29, 2009, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
I can forgive anyone but Dhiman. Man..I was so happy to see him in the team and I was hopefulll he will score big soon. But the comment he made after quiting Int cricket, I don't even like to see his face. We don't need any players of his nature. Doesn't matter if he is one of the best keeper we have in our country. I can live with Mushy in the mean time. Mithun is scoring big and heard he is good in keeping too. So forget that selfish and ungreateful Dhiman.

SN is also a selfish but I wont mind seeing him in the national squad. Aftab will not play for the national team anymore. He is lazy(he said it himself) and doesnt like working hard like they do in national team.
agree with you
Old March 29, 2009, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Pakistani players are also given the NOC if they decide to leave.

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/...bdul+razzaq-ha
Old March 29, 2009, 06:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

bashar and rafique signed for ICL same way lara and inzy did, no worries on them. they retired from BCB the proper way and then signed up. they did not harm the BD team.

the others all did. of course guys like nazim and rubel were worthless and so they can be forgiven easily. dhiman can also possibly be condoned, because while he was on the national team, it was just a matter of time before he lost his position to mushy. still, thats not an excuse, but whatever.

aftab was plain stupid and showed remorse, plus we need a blaster in our ODI team. his fielding was first rate too. alok, if he repents can also be brought back, but i dunno if wants it or if the team will accept his apologies.

SN is rubbish and a coward. again, if he really repents, he should be called back into the test side. but he and alok are the real "traitors". again its not about money, if i was in their positions, who knows maybe i would have chased the dollar too. but its about pussying out of real cricket for garbage 20-20s.

but we need aftab's quick cameos at one down in the ODI side...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 29, 2009, 08:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
murad bhai, you said exactly what is brewing in my mind. to the t. i am totally with you the way each and everyone of them you described.
Old March 29, 2009, 11:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Wheres our offer ... Ready to Bring em back as long as they apologize
Old March 30, 2009, 08:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
bashar and rafique signed for ICL same way lara and inzy did, no worries on them. they retired from BCB the proper way and then signed up. they did not harm the BD team.

the others all did. of course guys like nazim and rubel were worthless and so they can be forgiven easily. dhiman can also possibly be condoned, because while he was on the national team, it was just a matter of time before he lost his position to mushy. still, thats not an excuse, but whatever.

aftab was plain stupid and showed remorse, plus we need a blaster in our ODI team. his fielding was first rate too. alok, if he repents can also be brought back, but i dunno if wants it or if the team will accept his apologies.

SN is rubbish and a coward. again, if he really repents, he should be called back into the test side. but he and alok are the real "traitors". again its not about money, if i was in their positions, who knows maybe i would have chased the dollar too. but its about pussying out of real cricket for garbage 20-20s.

but we need aftab's quick cameos at one down in the ODI side...

I agree but they first must feel the shame and pain of not playing cricket for a few years. They went for the money in the first place and now its disbanded they shouldn't just be welcomed back with open arms. Let them feel guilt, regret, shame whatever adjective you can think of, then recall them. It shouldn't be an easy ride back to the national team. Otherwise what they did, they will be laughing inside, banked $200k in 1 year and then back to national team same as before, like nothing happened.
Old March 30, 2009, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

If they cancel their contact and allowed to play for the national team, it will just be positive for us....no negatives in there. I dont wanna join to the debate of who should be considered or who should be not. Fact is....we will get another pool of quality players to pick from for our national team.......If anyone...Alok, SN, Aftab....even Dhiman shows something to add to the team.....I dont mind.....because its the performance of Bangladesh team that matters.
Old March 30, 2009, 09:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Whether ICL is there or not the banned traitors should be banned, players who put money in front of their country should not be considered for national team, period.
Old March 30, 2009, 10:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Lahore Badshah or Pak players contracts might be terminated for the same reason IPL contracts were also terminated for Pak players. Thread is creating a very weak rumour by itself.

If all ICL contracts are terminated, all the players should be allowed to play in domestic and those who will perform well should be taken in the national team. Last thing we need is to show our grudge and invite partisan ship in our cric arena.

Traitor is a big word, there are almost a hundred or more educated traitors who went for Highers studies with govt money and never came back after study. These are young not so educated cricketers only.
Old March 30, 2009, 10:57 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

Traitor is a big word, there are almost a hundred or more educated traitors who went for Highers studies with govt money and never came back after study. These are young not so educated cricketers only.
agree in total !!

Dont call these kids traitors !! This is not a war nor these kids soldiers.They are simply disgruntled (at best) young men who chose to a different route to make their future. Like many us in here who left their countries to work for companies that in most cases rival companies back home.

My case ..I work(or used to) for IBM which rivals Infosyis (Indian based company).
Old March 30, 2009, 11:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Lahore Badshah or Pak players contracts might be terminated for the same reason IPL contracts were also terminated for Pak players. Thread is creating a very weak rumour by itself.

If all ICL contracts are terminated, all the players should be allowed to play in domestic and those who will perform well should be taken in the national team. Last thing we need is to show our grudge and invite partisan ship in our cric arena.

Kiwies are already released. So ICL is falling down
Sorry could not agree with the bolded part in first part. Why Naeem would suffer for Alok's greed. and why Ash ( Gadha or Village Idiot or whatever name you call) have to share the same dressing room with some smart greedy low life Dhiman or Nafees.
We have already discussed the traitors issue is not it? For once I came back and I have earned the right to call them traitor. Secondly, those educated traitors (?) were not offered 60,000 BDT per month or if you include all the perks One crore taka per year. Offer the money I belive all of them would come back. Thirdly, in most cases those educated traitors (?) who are at the moment are working with the top notch brain in the top notch facility could not perform the task in Bangladesh because simply we could not provide them the same facility. These cricketing traitors have the access to almost same quality facility as that of their colleagues of other teams of the world. BTW I never called them traitor. BUT Dhiman (I have done enough), Alok (Ash force me to do it; BCB did not offer me contract after I score a century) and SN (ICL is the best thing happens to me) deserve to called traitor. BTW SN (the ring leader) is highly literate.
These scumbags should not be allowed within 100 m of any cricket field of Bangladesh till they show real remorse and unconditional apology to the nation, to the fan, to their colleagues in national, divisional and local teams, BCB. Still after the lesser evils (Aftab who showed little remorse, the useless Nazim, Rubel) have to start from zero and have to dislodge the present team player by performing miles better and the traitors(SN, Dhiman and AK) should not be in national team even this mean we are missing the second coming of Barry Richards, Gilchrist and Benaud. The 70s South Africa is would have been one of the best team ever assembled to play cricket. But they never played together (Van der Blitz - the S African Garner did not play play) due to apartheid. On principle ICC agreed that aparthied has no place in cricket and SA lose the right to show their jewels . Interestingly one of the best player of the team Eddi Burlow (RIP, Our Coach) said that he has little regret for not playing test match as he though that was the right thing to do. Similarly not allowing those three for wearning Bangladesh cap again would send strong message to all the would be traitors that you have live with consequence.
As I mentioned earlier I am willing to forgive those who sold their skill but not those who sold their soul.
Though the analogy might be inappropriate it is something I am willing to forgive Chickon Ali (the only convict under Collaborator Act) but not the Nizami, Mujahid, Golam Azam

Last edited by thebest; March 30, 2009 at 11:11 AM..
Old March 30, 2009, 12:01 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

If they do ask for forgiveness "Big If". And BCB forgives them.
Dont you think they should earn their place by playing in domestic cricket? As they are out of cricket for so long, I dont think they would be match fit for long version cricket for at least an year.
Old March 30, 2009, 12:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

This arguement can go on and on. But I would like to see it in a professional way and by not getting emotional saying oh, my country, this and that. There are a lot of other things involved which need to be looked at. Those players went outside cancelling relations with BCB, and guess what! they have THE RIGHT to do it. They weren't bound by something. And us guys, sitting in front of computer, having luxurious life, eating at dad's hotel are not in the same plane as some of those players, who have to think about A LOT ( and I mean A LOT) of other stuff besides playing cricket for their country. For a team like BD, only the bests in here will receive the guarantee of future, like Mash and Ash who almost settled their place in the team and unless disastrous something happens, I don't see them being kicked out of the team in recent future. But how many of those ICL players had those guarantees? If those Dhaka Warriors players had gone for money, then it's because they need money which wasn't coming thick and fast while playing for BD team. If they have broken any code of conduct by commenting on national team players like someone said here Alok did against Ash, then he can be punished using appropriate rules. But right now, if they come off ICL; for them to be in the national team, they gotta perform in the domestic games. If they do, they've GOT TO BE allowed back in the national team. Talking about possible cold-war between the ICL-ers and current BD-ers; not everyone has to be friends in a team. And one thing! Whatever Alok has said against Ash or whoever (i don't really know exactly what he said), just because Alok went to ICL doesn't make his statement false. And just because Ash is in the BD team, doesn't justify any of his wrong doings (if he has done so). So considering all the angles possibly, I would certainly allow ICL-ers back in our team, but OF COURSE by following rules and by not deceiving others.
Old March 30, 2009, 03:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

aftab and alok and SN on our WC team would be amazing. they got their T20 exposure and can do good in intl cricket too hopefully
Old March 30, 2009, 10:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

sad report on bd ICL players on prothom-alo today...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 30, 2009, 11:33 PM
Cricket Sage

some one like SN shouldn't even be allowed even an inch close to the national team...some of them thought they had their life made..well karma's a B****...

but what's done is done..you can't go back and fix it...but at the same time you can't just let them back in the team just based on their performance from before and ICL.. these players been out of crickets for a while..you can't just expect them to show up and start hitting sixes and fours like they used too..beside its not fair to the players that already made ways into the national or on the doorsteps of getting a call up..and its gonna divide our team up..thats probably the last thing i wanna see our young team go through...the way i see it but first they should have to prove everybody again they deserve to play and that they have to back up with performance on the domestic league...