facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old October 11, 2011, 10:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkh2O
We're glad that in addition to Ashraful, Shakib and Tamim...we've got a new match-winner in our team, Mushfiq Alhamdulillah!
Really, that was so good to see Mushy finishing a game.... Superb... And that's how team matures... We have proven 4 now and I'm hopeful about Nasir.... He looks promising... If these five can be in form we will challenge any team. ....

This match surely will make Mushy a much more confident player than ever before.... So happy to see the team today.... It was a different team than I saw in Zim.

Old October 11, 2011, 10:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Guys, guess what, I heard Bangladesh won...
Old October 11, 2011, 10:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Wow! October 11, 2011 a very special day! BD won the only T20 match against WI and it's my bro's birthday! Happy Birthday to my bro and everyone who were born on this day!
Old October 11, 2011, 10:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
He had the second highest score of the team..... While wickets were falling all around him.... Good knock by Ash.
Ya that's true. He was better then the other guys but that wasn't really a good knock by Ash. He gave it away after doing well. Only good knocks today were by Nasir and Mushy in my opinion.
Old October 11, 2011, 10:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
What a brilliant start to hopefully a new era of our cricket!
Wait until we whitewash WI. We thought post 2007 will be a new era, but we were no where .... So let's be cautious this time...
Old October 11, 2011, 10:46 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Mushy what a guy. Way to go skippy!

And once again, thread WIN
100% record lol

So, hope you got what I meant. Become our official Thread opener
Old October 11, 2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Guys, guess what, I heard Bangladesh won...
Thanks for the news!
Old October 11, 2011, 10:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib and tamim

any highlights? missed the match
Old October 11, 2011, 10:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Thanks for the news!
I also hear Zimbabwe are making a return to test cricket, and we're their first opponents.. We should win
Old October 11, 2011, 10:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Ya that's true. He was better then the other guys but that wasn't really a good knock by Ash. He gave it away after doing well. Only good knocks today were by Nasir and Mushy in my opinion.
You are right about Mushy. Nasir not so much... His wicket was completely unnecessary... He should have just taken a single to bring Mushy on strike.

You are right that Ash could have played a longer innings, but he had a good contribution at that point. Wickets were tumbling and he had to maintain the RR. Without his innings at that time, we would have been out of the match... Even Mushy wouldn't be able to do anything. His and IK innings built the base for Mushy. So in that sense, he really played a good knock.

Nasir should have stayed on...
Old October 11, 2011, 10:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awla
11 oct 2009 we beat SL...11 oct 2010 we beat NZ....this time its WI....11 oct k National Holiday kora hok
Nice one.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 11, 2011, 10:58 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
He should have stayed on but i would cut him some slack. He is still new with only few matches under his belt..
Old October 11, 2011, 11:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Nasir played a good little innings but was lucky to score that much. He should take Bravo to a good restaurant for Dinner.
Old October 11, 2011, 11:04 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
I constantly heap abuse on the team, so when they get a win, I gotta put my hand up and be just as effusive in my praise.

Brilliant finish, and a ton of guts and SKILL on display from Mushfiq. He has a bit of a rep with some, that he scores runs, in face saving situations, where the pressure is off...well the pressure was well and truly on tonight, and he got the job done.

I don't care that it was 'only' a T20 fixture
I don't care that WI were without Bravo, Gayle, Pollard
I don't care that we nearly threw the match away
I don't care about the big picture for 1 night.

Just want to celebrate a win at face value for once.
It really doesn't matter, the fact that they did not have Gayle, Bravo and Pollard. Those players will never participate in international T20 as part of national team unless they play for their own T20. On the contrary, WI beat ENG without them as well as without entire Trini Team in ENG backyard.

I care that we beat WI with Barath, Simmon, Bravo and Rampaul in the team.
Old October 11, 2011, 11:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

both of the team specially WI was not rotating strikes that frequent. The key to 20-20 is to have the score moving, even it doesn't have a significant 'view'; but at the end it will matter. WI was superb to save a number of boundaries, BD can esily make some 1s in to 2s.

Just a food for thought.

A good enjoyable fight though. Kuddos to BD.
Old October 11, 2011, 11:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awla
11 oct 2009 we beat SL...11 oct 2010 we beat NZ....this time its WI....11 oct k National Holiday kora hok
I second that
Old October 11, 2011, 11:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
He should have stayed on but i would cut him some slack. He is still new with only few matches under his belt..
Sure, I'm not slaughtering him He played reasonably well as a newbie.... But I won't parise him for today's innings. He got a life and then threw away his wicket unnecessarily.. His wicket infect swamy the match a bit in fav of WI. I'm sure he will do well with time.

Ohh, we all are forgeting Shafiul, he was the most economical, and that's important for T 20.

And Kapali was disheartening .... Haven't seen his out... But expected a lot better from him...
Old October 11, 2011, 11:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
did anyone see the match presentation? what did sammy say?
Sammy:
They made a few mistakes that cost them at the end...there were some positives to take away from it. He praised MN Samuels for his great effort with both bat and ball. He also praised Mushfiq about playing a captain's knock!...

Mushfiq:
He gave credit to the boys. He got good support from his teammates. The team executed the plan well. He's happy that his team won!...
Old October 11, 2011, 11:19 AM
Cricket Legend

How is his English?
Old October 11, 2011, 11:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Sutty: "He shows a lot of heart, that Mushy - He's definitely the one to take this Bangladesh team out of the rut they have been in."
Lee: "MR is absolutely a pocket dynamite and has single handedly won Bangladesh the match...well done on your captaincy debut!"
Super Like!

CI
Old October 11, 2011, 11:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
You are right about Mushy. Nasir not so much... His wicket was completely unnecessary... He should have just taken a single to bring Mushy on strike.

You are right that Ash could have played a longer innings, but he had a good contribution at that point. Wickets were tumbling and he had to maintain the RR. Without his innings at that time, we would have been out of the match... Even Mushy wouldn't be able to do anything. His and IK innings built the base for Mushy. So in that sense, he really played a good knock.

Ya that shot wasn't necessary but don't forget that he stayed with Mushy until that last over and didn't build up pressure. That 19th over was huge when he pulled Brathwaite for 4. That took some pressure off. So to me Nasir played a good innings today.

As for Ash, I'm not complaining about the SR. That wasn't my problem with him. My problem was why give your wicket away like that? That was as soft as you can get. Especially when the team was in trouble, he needed to stay there. He didn't need to panic. Mushy was on the other end and there was time to still win the game. True it's better than Alok or Tamim's innings but he gave it away once again. He put unnecessary pressure on the team in my opinion. Let's hope he does better in the 1st ODI.

Ya that shot wasn't necessary but don't forget that he stayed with Mushy until that last over and didn't build up pressure. That 19th over was huge when he pulled Brathwaite for 4. That took some pressure off. So to me Nasir played a good innings today.

As for Ash, I'm not complaining about the SR. That wasn't my problem with him. My problem was why give your wicket away like that? That was as soft as you can get. Especially when the team was in trouble, he needed to stay there. He didn't need to panic. Mushy was on the other end and there was time to still win the game. True it's better than Alok or Tamim's innings but he gave it away once again. He put unnecessary pressure on the team in my opinion. Let's hope he does better in the 1st ODI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Nasir played a good little innings but was lucky to score that much. He should take Bravo to a good restaurant for Dinner.
I thought that was the match right there. Had Bravo held on, we would've lost. My heart stopped for a second there.
Old October 11, 2011, 11:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivfan
Rested, for some stupid reason....

It seems to me that the WI selectors on tour - which include Sammy - took victory for granted in this match, and were over-confident. Well, prides goes before a fall....

The WI never play their best 20/20 side. Spinners Badree and Narine bowled brilliantly for Trinidad in the Champions League, but can't get called up to the WI 20/20 side. Who plays ahead of them? Martin and Brathwaite....

No wonder I'm pulling out my hair!
I understand your pain...been there done that... but hey look at the positives...MN Samuels played brilliantly ...and there were some brilliant catches and not to mention, the fielders saved some runs
Old October 11, 2011, 11:28 AM
BD-SL 2017 - LOI Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk-Eye
Whatever the situation is we are going to win the match tomorrow.
That was my first post at BC.
Old October 11, 2011, 11:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Thumbs up Super Like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
I constantly heap abuse on the team, so when they get a win, I gotta put my hand up and be just as effusive in my praise.

Brilliant finish, and a ton of guts and SKILL on display from Mushfiq. He has a bit of a rep with some, that he scores runs, in face saving situations, where the pressure is off...well the pressure was well and truly on tonight, and he got the job done.

I don't care that it was 'only' a T20 fixture
I don't care that WI were without Bravo, Gayle, Pollard
I don't care that we nearly threw the match away
I don't care about the big picture for 1 night.

Just want to celebrate a win at face value for once.
Old October 11, 2011, 11:29 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

@ Hawk-eye... what a way to start..Carry on brother...