facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 30, 2012, 09:33 AM
Banned

Default URGENT: Travelling advice needed!!!

Hi guys I am heading to Bangladesh tomorrow. I have an Australian passport and a valid Bangladeshi passport. But I i didn't obtain a 'No Visa Required' seal on my Australian passport. Everyone I asked today said it is required. But I didn't know about this until today. I thought having a Bangladeshi passport in enough to prove my citizenship and thus I i didn't need a visa/no visa required seal. Now, can I still get into BD without any trouble? Is there a way to obtain visa/no visa required seal in the airport? Any input will be appreciated.

Old June 30, 2012, 09:37 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

You cannot/shouldn't carry two passport at the same time. If you are reentering aus, you would need aus passport. As such you cannot show bd passport when you land in bd.

No visa required is required; otherwise immigration might not let you in.
Old June 30, 2012, 09:55 AM
Administrator

I'm not sure about bd vs aus scenario, but US dual citizens can use multiple passports under the condition that they use the US passport to leave and enter the US.

You might then try the same with BD passport for BD entry and exit but the issue would be whether immigration will let you leave as you'll have to prove your eligibility to enter Australia. I assume you will have to then show your Aussie passport.
Old June 30, 2012, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Aussie link:

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/tips...nationals.html

US State Dept INfo:

Quote:
However, dual nationals owe allegiance to both the United States and the foreign country. They are required to obey the laws of both countries. Either country has the right to enforce its laws, particularly if the person later travels there.Most U.S. citizens, including dual nationals, must use a U.S. passport to enter and leave the United States. Dual nationals may also be required by the foreign country to use its passport to enter and leave that country. Use of the foreign passport does not endanger U.S. citizenship.Most countries permit a person to renounce or otherwise lose citizenship.
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p.../cis_1753.html
Old June 30, 2012, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Read response 4 below

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntre...readID=1975975
Old June 30, 2012, 10:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I'm not sure about bd vs aus scenario, but US dual citizens can use multiple passports under the condition that they use the US passport to leave and enter the US.

You might then try the same with BD passport for BD entry and exit but the issue would be whether immigration will let you leave as you'll have to prove your eligibility to enter Australia. I assume you will have to then show your Aussie passport.
Thats what I assumed too. I can use my Australian passport to leave Australia but would they let me in if I don't have an arrival stamp on my Australian passport? Whats the case in US? Also, would BD immigration want to see a departure stamp on my BD passport?
Old June 30, 2012, 10:10 AM
Administrator

US no longer stamps passports of US citizens on entry and exit. It's all electronic. At least from my past 6 month experiences.
Old June 30, 2012, 10:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
Thats what I assumed too. I can use my Australian passport to leave Australia but would they let me in if I don't have an arrival stamp on my Australian passport? Whats the case in US? Also, would BD immigration want to see a departure stamp on my BD passport?
Firstlane bhai, as you are using 'Australian Passport' to leave australia, you need to show 'Australian Passport' to enter Bangladesh with either 'appropriate visa' or 'NVR'. You suddenly can't show Bangladesh passport to enter Bangladesh.

Applicants, who wish to visit Bangladesh for different purposes with foreign passport, require to have either of the following:

Australian citizens who are also travelling from Australia are required to obtain prior Bangladesh visa before their departure for Bangladesh as they are not eligible to get visa on arrival/landing permit at the port of entry (i.e. airports, land ports etc.) into Bangladesh.

Source: Bangladesh High Commission Canberra
Old June 30, 2012, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

By paying 50 USD at the airport you can get visa on arrival for 30 days. Then you can apply for a no visa seal at the passport office later if you wish. I think the charge is also 50 $ or equivalent value in BDT.
Old June 30, 2012, 10:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasimul
By paying 50 USD at the airport you can get visa on arrival for 30 days. Then you can apply for a no visa seal at the passport office later if you wish. I think the charge is also 50 $ or equivalent value in BDT.
Not for Australian Citizens since We have BD HC in Australia.

Quote:
Nationals of New Zealand, who are also travelling from New Zealand, are eligible to get visa on arrival/landing permit subject to the satisfaction of the Immigration Authority at the port of entry into Bangladesh. But the citizens of New Zealand, who are travelling from Australia or any other country where Bangladesh has a resident diplomatic mission, are not eligible to get visa on arrival/landing permit.

Since the issuance of visa on arrival/landing permit is entirely dependent on the satisfaction of the immigration officials at the port of entry after examining all relevant documents, Bangladesh High Commission strongly recommends the Australian and New Zealand nationals to obtain prior visa before their departure for Bangladesh to avoid any kind of inconvenience at the port of entry.
Old June 30, 2012, 10:43 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
So, within single trip you can use two different passports? Didnt know that. Cool.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old June 30, 2012, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
So, within single trip you can use two different passports? Didnt know that. Cool.
His problem might be leaving BD with the BD passport as he will have no visa for Australia. So he will have to use the Aussie passport, but then might/will get into trouble as there is no entry record for that passport.

Some of my friends use the US passport to and fro Bangladesh both ways but once in BD, they use the BD passport for an interim SAARC country visit - notably Bhutan considering the cost savings of using a BD passport.
Old June 30, 2012, 10:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Not for Australian Citizens since We have BD HC in Australia.
I do not know about Australian citizens but Swedish/Nordic citizens are allowed to get visa on arrival although there is an BD embassy in Stockholm.
Old June 30, 2012, 01:17 PM

Be bold. None of the following is illegal in any way -

1. Leave Australia showing Aus passport to Australian immigration.

2. When landed in Bangladesh, show Bangladeshi passport and enter on it. ie Arrival stamp will be in Bangladesh passport.

3. When in Bangladesh if you have time, you can get NVR seal stamped from Ministry of Home Affairs, in Dhaka. But I got mine done from Canberra, which was no jhamela at all by Auspost.

4. When departing Bangladesh, leave showing BD passport as that has your arrival stamp (and because Aus passport does not have BD visa either)

5. When landed in Aus, re-enter using Aus passport.

Doing so means that you have (re)entered Bangladesh as a Bangladeshi citizen, and if you happen to get arrested or caught up in a war within Bangladesh during your stay, the Australian government will likely not give you ANY assistance to you in Bangladesh.

p.s: If BD immigration asks you during departure where is your visa to go abroad, tell them/show them your Australian passport and clarify if need be that you do not have NVR and therefore entered Bangladesh as a Bangladeshi citizen. The immigration authorities have the right to refuse you entry into a country if you dont have valid visa, but when leaving, they do not have the right to stop you unless you are wanted as a fugitive or a person of interest in Bangladesh.
Old June 30, 2012, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

or get the no entry visa, matter of few hours. postpone trip for a day.... dnt worry about few dollars penalty.

its a no brainer after u screwed up...

ur bd passport is probably expired too lol...
Old June 30, 2012, 05:10 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Be bold. None of the following is illegal in any way -

1. Leave Australia showing Aus passport to Australian immigration.

2. When landed in Bangladesh, show Bangladeshi passport and enter on it. ie Arrival stamp will be in Bangladesh passport.

3. When in Bangladesh if you have time, you can get NVR seal stamped from Ministry of Home Affairs, in Dhaka. But I got mine done from Canberra, which was no jhamela at all by Auspost.

4. When departing Bangladesh, leave showing BD passport as that has your arrival stamp (and because Aus passport does not have BD visa either)

5. When landed in Aus, re-enter using Aus passport.

Doing so means that you have (re)entered Bangladesh as a Bangladeshi citizen, and if you happen to get arrested or caught up in a war within Bangladesh during your stay, the Australian government will likely not give you ANY assistance to you in Bangladesh.

p.s: If BD immigration asks you during departure where is your visa to go abroad, tell them/show them your Australian passport and clarify if need be that you do not have NVR and therefore entered Bangladesh as a Bangladeshi citizen. The immigration authorities have the right to refuse you entry into a country if you dont have valid visa, but when leaving, they do not have the right to stop you unless you are wanted as a fugitive or a person of interest in Bangladesh.
The thing is, when you're leaving the country, it isn't only immigration that looks at your passport - the airlines do as well. They may enquire about your right to enter the country you are flying to and then you may have to show your BD passport at the port of departure.

Even if you get past that, will the Oz immigration not ask about the fact that you don't have a visa for the country you're going to? Especially if there is no visa-agreement between the two countries? At least when travelling to Europe from the UK, the immigration officials double-check whether you have a Schengen visa before even leaving the country.
Old July 1, 2012, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
The thing is, when you're leaving the country, it isn't only immigration that looks at your passport - the airlines do as well. They may enquire about your right to enter the country you are flying to and then you may have to show your BD passport at the port of departure.
True. Quite a few times I've faced airline staff quite confused when they check their systems and it says I need a visa for Bangladesh, when I keep pointing out at the NVR seal. They usually waive it through.

Quote:
Even if you get past that, will the Oz immigration not ask about the fact that you don't have a visa for the country you're going to?
In my experience of more than 3 times that I departed from Oz, immigration is more interested in scanning your passport in the machine and verifying the authenticity of the passport holder. They never asked a single question to me about destination (airline staff did). This is especially because Australians and many Western Country passport holders dont need a visa to enter many countries (Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong - which are heavily visited by Aussies).
Old July 1, 2012, 01:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I had two passports until very recently. A US and a Bangladesh. Over the last 10 years or so, I used my US passport to travel to the US and from there to Latin America, even when starting from Dhaka. Used the Bangladeshi passport to travel everywhere else. Always had the NVR so never had a problem here in Dhaka. Now I only have the Bangladesh passport.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 2, 2012, 02:07 AM
Cricket Guru

no response from Firstlane bhai. Looks like he has gone past all the troubles

@ Firstlane bhai, please share if you had any difficulties with 2 different PP while traveling !
Old July 2, 2012, 02:18 AM
Administrator

I hope so. We also need to wait for his return.
Old July 2, 2012, 02:40 AM
Cricket Guru

^^ But i don't think he will do the same mistake again.
He will prolly have NVR on his Aus PP from Dhaka on his return to Aus
Old July 2, 2012, 05:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Prothom golli bhai ke mone hoy jail e handaisey.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old July 2, 2012, 05:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon

dhuro miya, bajey kotha koy na !

Airport e ek bar hand luggage khuje pacchilam na, tatei amar obostha kerosin...ar prothom goli bhai er to PP niyei shomossha...so, poristhiti ektu gombhir.
Old July 2, 2012, 05:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon

othoba return flight-e ferot pathae diechhe. Ghore firle khabbor pabo.
Old July 3, 2012, 01:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Firstlane bhai mone hoi kono ekta fast lane diye ber hoye gese.
I am also curious to know what happened with him.