facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 5, 2003, 04:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Who are the BCB?

I hate it when people on this board keep referring to BCB, the board, "they", etc. People should stop whining about some vague organization which they probably have no idea about.

The BCB is made up of people. I want to know about each and every important person that makes up this entity and makes important decisions. What are their credentials? They should be truly held accountable.

Anybody knows?

I will do my own research of course but it would be helpful if other knowledgable contribute on this issue. And NO, don't post vague contributions. Give us specific
information about indvidual members of the BCB.

Old April 5, 2003, 07:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Arnab,

BCB is not a committee of 5 members! It is a pretty large organization that runs every aspect of cricket in Bangladesh. Now how the hell are people supposed to know everybody who is a part of it or make decisions within it? We do know some of the major players like Ali Asghar Lobi, Mahbubul Anam and Aliul Islam. Lobi doesn't have cricketing credentials. He is a Member of Parliament on the Treasury Bench and also a member of the Privatization Commission. I am not sure what Mahbub's background is but he does have some cricketing background. Aliul is the Cheif Selector and a former captain of Abahani. He captained the club for several years in the 80s with much success. He was sort of a fatherly figure to his players and they responded well to his captaincy. Unfortunately, he was never good enough as a player to play in the national side.

But you are being unreasonable. No one is whining about a 'vague' organization'. We know what the BCB is supposed to do, and we know what they are not doing.
Talking about the BCB is like talking about the World Bank. We know what it is supposed to do and we know what it actually does or does not do. How many of us know the people who are actually in it making the decisions?

At the end of the day, the buck stops with the guy on top, and that is Lobi.
Old April 5, 2003, 08:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I want to know about each and every important person that makes up this entity and makes important decisions. What are their credentials?
Thanks for your input though.

Quote:
Talking about the BCB is like talking about the World Bank. We know what it is supposed to do and we know what it actually does or does not do. How many of us know the people who are actually in it making the decisions?
Exactly. That's why I don't like WB. I don't like the fact that the economic fate of our nation is made by some unknown foreign person. But the case for BCB is different.

[Edited on 6-4-2003 by Arnab]
Old April 5, 2003, 08:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Default OK here\'s the official info

Management Bodies of
Bangladesh Cricket Board

President : Ali Asgar Lobi MP

Executive Committee :

1. Mr. Afzalur Rahman Sinha
2. Mr. Mahbubul Anam
3. Mr. Jalal Younus
4. Mr. Aziz - Al - Kaiser Tito
5. Mr. Shah Nurul Kabir Shahin MP
6. Mr. Shafiqur Rahman Munna
7. Mr. Shahed Asgar Chowdhury
8. Mr. Arafat Rahman
9. Mr. Riazuddin Al Mamun
10. Professor Rahman

Selection Committee :
1. Aliul Islam
2. Omar Khaled Rumi
3. Jahangir Shah Badshah

Junior Selection Committee :
1. Sadrul Anam
2. Nasir Ahmed Nasu
3. Rezwan Ahmed

Let's start from the top and see if we can dig up info about each of these people.
Old April 5, 2003, 09:17 PM
Cricket Legend

I am also curious to know how the decision making procedure takes place among these people.

As an example, who performs the duty of scouting for foreign coaches? How is the process operated?

I am curious because unless we truly know what's happening in the BCB, we will NEVER be able to track down their mistakes and they will get away, with expense of Bangladesh cricket. They should know that they are accountable to 140 million people.

[Edited on 6-4-2003 by Arnab]