facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 13, 2012, 09:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Default No To Tests.

Okay. I need to tell y'all something. I know most of you are cricket purists and have been wanting Bd to play more tests. But with the busy schedule all year around (different cricket leagues, tournaments,series and cups), I honestly don't care if Bd never plays another test match again.

It's all about the ODIs baby! I never liked tests, even as a kid, they bore me, and I feel the format is heading towards extinction. A 5 day game in the 21st century is borderline ridiculous. Even golf lasts 4 days. So Bd should make a smart move, and focus on ODIS exclusively.

I know most of you love tests and will disapprove,but I just had to let y'all know that I"m not with you. That's all.

Old December 13, 2012, 09:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

sorry Roey. have to disagree with ya on this one. playing Tests should improve our skillset
Old December 13, 2012, 09:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
sorry Roey. have to disagree with ya on this one. playing Tests should improve our skillset
That's fine. Like I said, most love tests. I'm that rare breed that doesn't.
Old December 13, 2012, 09:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Well if you don't like tests then good for you. Test cricket is the best.
Old December 13, 2012, 09:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
Well if you don't like tests then good for you. Test cricket is the best.
I respect that. I mean with a name like Brian Lara, I would be actually shocked if you agreed with me.
Old December 13, 2012, 10:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I respect that. I mean with a name like Brian Lara, I would be actually shocked if you agreed with me.
lol, Brian Lara was actually one of the best ODI batsmen of his time too. I love odi's as well, and I agree with you we should be playing a lot more odi's along with tests, since in odi's we are actually capable of winning consistently at home.
Old December 13, 2012, 10:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

Test cricket is real cricket, I love to ses out boys playing with white kit.
Old December 13, 2012, 10:09 PM
Test Cricketer

It's an amateurish statement. We have to put more emphasis on longer versions in order to move forward.
Old December 13, 2012, 10:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Improvement in test cricket will only help with Odi's as well. Good test teams are usually good in odi's as well and it will help us win odi's outside home where you will need good techniques.
Old December 13, 2012, 10:22 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Okay. I need to tell y'all something. I know most of you are cricket purists and have been wanting Bd to play more tests. But with the busy schedule all year around (different cricket leagues, tournaments,series and cups), I honestly don't care if Bd never plays another test match again.

It's all about the ODIs baby! I never liked tests, even as a kid, they bore me, and I feel the format is heading towards extinction. A 5 day game in the 21st century is borderline ridiculous. Even golf lasts 4 days. So Bd should make a smart move, and focus on ODIS exclusively.

I know most of you love tests and will disapprove,but I just had to let y'all know that I"m not with you. That's all.
All i can say to u......ur statement made me lough brother.....lol playing test match is very important for us.....it will make us perfect deeply into the cricket......but whatever u r saying......its a eaither joke...or u wanted to open a therad where people will atract.....which one is true?
Old December 13, 2012, 10:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricbook
All i can say to u......ur statement made me lough brother.....lol playing test match is very important for us.....it will make us perfect deeply into the cricket......but whatever u r saying......its a eaither joke...or u wanted to open a therad where people will atract.....which one is true?
Neither. My intentions are already stated in my original post.
Old December 13, 2012, 10:28 PM
Banned

roey mate, test cricket is the most beautiful format of the game. if you have watched the 2005 ashes, and the more recent ashes tests, and also any test with 2 competitive teams, its actually a unique form of entertainment.

there's battles within battles, first hour/last hour, partnerships, conditions changing, etc etc etc. real competitive test cricket is bliss for 5 days.

if you play the game, you will appreciate the entertainment value of test cricket. you probably just like the quick entertainment value from ODI, which is great, i love ODI too. but tests are the truest for of competitive cricket. and to say that its not entertaining is rubbish.
Old December 13, 2012, 10:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Oh no, Roey doesn't like Test matches...someone pls notify BCB...we must stop playing Tests.

He only likes ODIs...lets protest against Tests and only ask for ODIs. Lets boycott Tests and T20s.
Old December 13, 2012, 10:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshprem
roey mate, test cricket is the most beautiful format of the game. if you have watched the 2005 ashes, and the more recent ashes tests, and also any test with 2 competitive teams, its actually a unique form of entertainment.

there's battles within battles, first hour/last hour, partnerships, conditions changing, etc etc etc. real competitive test cricket is bliss for 5 days.

if you play the game, you will appreciate the entertainment value of test cricket. you probably just like the quick entertainment value from ODI, which is great, i love ODI too. but tests are the truest for of competitive cricket. and to say that its not entertaining is rubbish.
Yeah. I knew everything you were going to say. As I've said before, people LOVE tests. My sole purpose of this thread is just to get the message out there, that there are Bd fans/fan?( if I'm the only one) out there who dislike tests.
Old December 13, 2012, 10:33 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'm all for the formats that start with T. ODI is old fashioned. It's nether here nor there.
Old December 13, 2012, 11:27 PM
Cricket Legend

a test match is akin to life itself! it is the epitome of poetry - no other sport on earth can capture the intimate struggle of man vs man formed in the womb of mother nature. here is where the elements interact with man and time. it is sheer poetry - a living, breathing sentient being. the word that comes closest is the deeply mystical sanskrit/bengali word - leela.

the closest to the ineffable.

leela...
Old December 14, 2012, 12:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Never liked Tests. Tests are an acquired taste akin to the pleasure derived from reading monographs. Deshprem described it beautifully. But I see Roey's point. He has awakened his Inner Rohan himself and possibly wants us to specialize in ODIs since that's where our strength lies. Not sure I totally agree. I mean I for one would hate to see Abul didn't happen.

And Roey Tests doesn't necessarily have to be extreme (unlike what Shamim uncle thinks) of monotonous blocking or dhoom-dharakka. It has it's own tempo.

I think Roey perhaps can drive his point IF I am interpreting him correctly: Should Bangladesh concentrate on ODIs and T20s instead of wasting time and resource on Tests?
Old December 14, 2012, 12:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Tests rock, your own loss if you don't like them because you'll miss out on tons of quality cricket. BD needs to play more tests not less or none, fair enough if you don't like watching tests but asking for them to stop playing because you don't like them is a bit much.

What if it was on the other foot and someone loving tests asked for ODIs to be stopped completely....
Old December 14, 2012, 12:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

ODIs are like battles, the better on a given day wins.
Tests are like war, has more time to sway in anyone's favor. Where "true" class beats the "volatile" class. Where the real abilities of a cricketer is unraveled and witnessed.

From just an entertainment point of view as sports is nothing but a mere form of entertainment, if you like to see fours and sixes, run chases you'll like ODi but if you more prefer to dive in deep in cricketing tactics, techniques, and temperament then the longer version is for you.
Old December 14, 2012, 12:35 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

It sucks for someone like you who happens to be a Bangladeshi. If u you were an English or Aussie fan, I am sure you would enjoy test cricket more. The way our boys play test cricket, it seems pointless, boring, frustrating and a waste of time. When u see the giants like England, Aussie, SA, Sri Lanka playing test and learning from it and applying the skills on other format... I am sure ur idea changes
Old December 14, 2012, 12:40 AM
MLC World Series I

You should have watched the Aus-SA test which resulted in a draw.

If you haven't, go to YouTube and watch the Ashes 2005 documentary. And you'll perhaps regret and change your views.
Old December 14, 2012, 12:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

T20 is the future and i think it will stay forever

I enjoy oneday very much. Test match is good for record and see who is real cricketer. I thing everything as diff appeal
Old December 14, 2012, 01:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

i just love cricket in general
Old December 14, 2012, 02:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
ODIs are like battles, the better on a given day wins.
Tests are like war, has more time to sway in anyone's favor. Where "true" class beats the "volatile" class. Where the real abilities of a cricketer is unraveled and witnessed.
T20 s are like picketing OP during hartals......

Every form of cricket has its own pleasure.....longer version tests you on things that you can't test in shorter version...that's way there are both forms existing in many sports....like...Athletics, Motor sports, Cycling, Golf etc .....
Old December 14, 2012, 02:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
That's fine. Like I said, most love tests. I'm that rare breed that doesn't.
you'r not the only one. i hate test cricket. who ever came up with format surely had nothing better to do than waste 5 days on one match.