facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old September 7, 2014, 12:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Thumbs up ***The Definitive NFL 2014-2015 Season Thread***

I'm a fairweather fan and a total homer when it comes to football. Now that the Niners are back, so's my interest. I'll also be following Seattle. Love the way they play. Lean, strong, quick, and always in motion. They're our rivals and everything, but like the city they represent, the place Hendrix, Vedder and Soundgarden put on the map for me -- I just can't help but love the Northwestern character. Other teams of interest for me are the Raiders (homer thing), the Redskins (first home team), and the Steelers. I always liked their brand of blue collar, Western Penn football ever since I learned the game back in 1980.

Watched Seattle not play their best but still thrash Green bay last Thursday. they're that good and I won't be surprised to see them repeat this year. Just a cut faster, stronger, and smarter than everyone else offensively AND defensively. Classically agile USC offense but with top pros hitting their peak all at the same time. Scary!

The Niners-Cowgirls would be big game for me tonight, starting at 2:25 AM here in Dhaka. Before that, I'll be hovering between the Redskins-Texans and the classic Steelers-Browns games.

GO NINERS!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; September 12, 2014 at 01:05 AM..

Old September 7, 2014, 11:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Gotta feel bad for the Cowgirls offensive line. Good unit eventually established the running game whilst doing a great job protecting Romo, only to have Romo's low IQ and resultant bad decisions hand the game early to the opportunistic Niners.

The Redskins have serious issues they need to sort out as do the Raiders. Good win by the Steelers. Good thing they took the game away early. Clutch defensive effort to hold off the Browns. easily the best game I watched.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 9, 2014, 08:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

2 yard line. with 3 wideout all spread out. What play are you going to call? Where is the room to run for the receivers?

Why not *&%&^% I formation and ram it down the throat? Pathetic coaching by Dallas. Even a QB sneak. I love Jerry Jones. Arkansas alum. But I am sorry to say, he should have left GM post to someone else 10 years back. And what the *(^^ $^%$$# with the love fest of Tony Romo? Undrafted QB is your francize quarterback?
Old September 17, 2014, 03:23 PM
Cricket Savant

National Felon League is going strong.

Battery, abuse, violence against women and child is scrolling right along. It has turned down a notch though. Homicide and murder was the standard.
Old September 23, 2014, 03:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Frustrating start for the 49ers this season. The opportunistic "W" in the season opener had more to do with the combination of Tony Romo's low IQ and mediocre skillset than anything else. No such luck in the last two games where their inability to play consistently for all 4 quarters led to fading during the second half and then imploding with a series of dumb penalties, poor pass rush, and fatal miscommunication amongst the safeties and corners. Gotta get their act together next week. The offensive line needs to give CK more time, he always seems to be getting away from sure-sacks, and the DBs need to be on the same page. The defensive line needs to do the job for their good linebackers, the only cohesive unit in the team who remain highly effective against the run and the short pass.
Old September 28, 2014, 01:50 PM
Cricket Savant

The Niners better show some improvement today, and press hard for all 4 quarters. Expecting more poise from the offensive line, and aggression from the defensive line.
Old September 30, 2014, 08:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Finally it has happened in the NFL. Seen it in the EPL
Old September 30, 2014, 09:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Good win after a scary start. Kap showed a lot of character and leadership against the strongest second half performers this season. Always fun to listen to Troy Aikman praise the heck out of his skills and athleticism. But Gore was the man for me. Expecting a lot of good things once our offensive line gets completely healthy and starts pounding again. Still need a way better pass rush though.
Old September 30, 2014, 09:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman

Finally it has happened in the NFL. Seen it in the EPL
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/m...ter-touchdown/
Old October 1, 2014, 07:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Still no comment from Kap as to how he lost all sense of time THREE times during the game. Took two totally unforced delay of game penalties and wasted a time-out. Didn't cost his team the game, but made the score way too close for comfort. This issue needs to be rectified.
Old October 8, 2014, 01:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Jim Harbaugh is gone end of this season. The power struggle between him and the GM is the worst kept secret in NFL.
Old October 11, 2014, 12:29 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

People (even some inside the Niner org) keep wishing Harby gone but ain't happening! If it does, Jed York is just as clueless as the Raiders org. Just by 2012 draft alone I'd get rid of Trent Baalke. There are zero players from that class currently active on the roster. ZERO. He definitely can't scout receivers. All his receivers have been a fail.

Harbaugh is a crazy manic no doubt. You can get the jest of his craziness on recent ESPN profile article. But he wins. That's all matters.
"@JedYork: Jim is my coach. We are trying to win a SB, not a personality or popularity contest. Any more questions?"
Old October 11, 2014, 12:32 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Headed to STL tomorrow morning. SF Invasion. Hopefully we come away 3-0!
Old December 21, 2014, 01:07 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

If any BD cricket fan here watched my Niners play at all this season would know how ridiculously similar these two teams were this year. 2014 saw BD teams choke from the jaws of victory. Sure wins turned into defeats due to lack of killer instinct, poise, passion, drive or heart. Well 49ers were exactly the same. Blowing big leads, choking in the 2nd half, looking completely different in between after half times, couldn't finish out games. Always saw the similarities between my Bangladesh cricket team to my bay area teams, but this is uncanny.

After 3 great but heartbreak seasons in a row, a shitty season. We need a new OC. He should've been fired after 6th week.
Old January 8, 2015, 12:22 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^^ Ray McDonald. Rubel Hossain. lol. Uncanny.
Old January 9, 2015, 09:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Alrighty

@Packers - Dallas
@New England - Baltimore
@Denver - Colts
@Seahawks - Panthers

Any upset? Aaron Rodgers calf: Yet it would below 32 at the Tundra. Brady has a history against Baltimore (losing in playoffs) so would want to rectify that. Old vs the New. The Old has too many weapons plus at home. No luck this time. That leaves us with the defending champs with a week of rest.

I don't see any.
Old January 9, 2015, 09:17 AM
Cricket Savant

9ers are Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
Old January 10, 2015, 10:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

To me Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the game. If Aaron was at 100% Packers would have a realistic shot at beating Seattle. His injury seems worse than what was anticipated. If the cowboys win today I won't be surprised and I don't see anyone preventing a Seahawks repeat.
Old January 10, 2015, 03:34 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Rodgers is good and all that but Cowboys are the only reaming team that has any realistic chance of beating the Seahawks. Only thing Rodgers will be doing in Seattle is ignore Sherman's side of the field like he did in season opener. They had 8 months to come up with a plan and that's they best they came up with. Cowboys are undefeated on the road. You need defense to beat Seahawks. And even without star players on defense Cowboys have better overall defense than the Packers.
Old January 10, 2015, 07:33 PM
Cricket Legend

^After being diagnosed with fractured bones in his back, at 34 Tony Romo seemed like a foul away from getting sidelined for the season. If the stars remain aligned for the lone star state, and Romo keeps performing at the top of his game, I can see them giving the Seahawks a run for their money. I'm just surprised his comeback has lasted this long after such a serious injury!
Old January 11, 2015, 02:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Packers still trail by 4 but they regained some momentum going into the half. Problem is Aaron Rodgers limped off the field...can't see them pulling off a win today.
Old January 11, 2015, 05:36 PM
Cricket Sage

^ well they got it done. But I can't see Packers getting past the 12th man. I don't think anyone can stop Seahawks from pulling off the repeat.
Old January 11, 2015, 07:42 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'm all team Luck from here on out. He played cricket England, he knows the rules and everything. Except his hobo beard and looking like in need of a shower, he's the least dislikable QB's left in the playoffs.

My priorities:
As long as the Seahawks don't win.
As long as the Cowboys don't win and get past our SB tally.
As long as Brady doesn't tie Montana's ring tally.
As long as the overrated choke master, regular season bully Panning don't get anywhere near another SN.

But it seems like only way to stop No. 1 is to let No. 3 happen.
Old January 11, 2015, 07:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Way things are going don't think Seahawks will face much competition enroute to lifting their 2nd trophy in a row. Right now they seem like a dynasty in the making. Powerhouses like the Broncos and Patriots will get weaker in the next couple of years with their legendary QB's aging rapidly while Seahawks and Wilson will get better. Only serious threat in the near future could be coming from Andrew Luck and the Colts.
Old January 11, 2015, 09:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Broncos should trade Peyton Manning. They might be able to get a first round draft pick plus more out of a desperate qb needy team. They are loaded on offense and some big names in defense. It's not like they will fall apart without Manning. They will still be competitive.

How lucky are Colts? To go from Manning to Luck with 1 crappy season in between. I feel bad for teams like raiders, they have been picking at the top of the draft for so long, and the one season they really need to tank, colts get it done.