facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 26, 2005, 03:47 PM
Street Cricketer

Default stop talking bad about javed

stop talking bad about javed. i know he waste ball but he can keep his wicket. and he is very watchfull player. he also can play shot too. javed is steady in his wicket always. but look other players they come stay in wicket they goes as quick. javed need to do when set his self he need open his hand thats all.

Old June 26, 2005, 03:53 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

he should be in middle order and ash/shahriar should open. javed will be useful if bd loses wickets too early
Old June 26, 2005, 09:34 PM
Test Cricketer

because of javed we can play 50 overs. not in all matches but most of the matches. our team is full of batsmans who plays shots all the time we need javed to play defensive. javed keeps his wicket and it gives others chance to play agressive shots. we need javed in our team in both odi and in test.
Old June 26, 2005, 10:02 PM
Street Cricketer

Javed is an absolute necessity in our team both in tests and in ODI's. We need someone wo can perform an achor sheet role and hold one end of the wicket. That way other players can play their innings around him. Pilot is good at doing that and so he still needs to be in the middle order to pick uo the pieces when we suffer our all too familiar batting collapse. Most of our oher batsmen are all stroke players and they have persistent problems knowing when to leave a good ball. This is why most of them don't play more than 20-25 deliveries before they get out. Ash has been good lately but he also got lucky....and is a naturally attacking player. Bashar is just plain irresponsible with very poor shot selection. Javed is critical if BD is gonna play out a full 50 overs in a ODI.

Go on Javed......keep doing your thing !!!
Old June 26, 2005, 10:14 PM
Club Cricketer

We all know that Javed is probably not a match winner. He is a match saver. In this tour so far he has done his job (except once). Well, Javed played slowly, what the other players did? He knkows his limitations (unlike many of our other players) and usually gets most out of his limitations. With Ashraful, Bashar and Aftab back in the pavilion, with out his effort we could have been humilited once again. Hats off to Javed Omar.
Old June 26, 2005, 10:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

I agree with all of you.There is another thread where most people were talking about dropping Javed.He should only be dropped if the middle order does not get enough overs to bat.He played slowly and in the last match.In fact,he batted almost 25 overs by himself.Despite his slow batting,the middle order could not even bat through the 50 overs.If Pilot did not play that innings,we whould have been bowled out well before 50 overs. Of course he is not the right kind of batman for ODI.But the truth is that we do not have any other batsman in the side who can consistantly play long innings.So unless,one of our batsmen grow the habit of playing sensible cricket,Javed has to continue playing ODIs.
Old June 26, 2005, 10:48 PM
Cricket Sage

stop talking bad about javed

Why? If you want to talk good about Javed go ahead be my guest. But why should we stop expressing our opinion if we have different point of view? If you don't agree with us, then voice your opinion (which you already did). Thats fine and good. But don't ask us to keep our mouth shut.

As per my opinion I aleady expressed in other related thread.

Edited on, June 27, 2005, 3:53 AM GMT, by Fazal.
Old June 27, 2005, 03:14 AM
Street Cricketer

Among us we have problem we always negative. we cant appriciate our people.
Old June 27, 2005, 04:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Here is the sole representative of JO at bad times as well as good times...and like Fazal said.....As per my opinion I aleady expressed in other related thread.

GO JO !
Old June 27, 2005, 05:05 AM
Cricket Legend

javed cant play the sheet anchor. the sole reason is he cant rotate the stike. he will strangle the other batsmen off strike and in the process cause their dismissal. thats exactly what happened against england.

a team can play someone as anchor who atleast will be able to milk singles and play shots if needed. someone like dravid or kalis fits in that role. i think javed should just keep playing shots if he cant score singles. someone else have to play as anchor, maybe aftab.
Old June 27, 2005, 05:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Actually we have to stop talking bad about Javed. More clearly we dont want to talk about Javed at all. We want Javed not to play for Bangladesh. If he continues to play then Bangladesh will never learn to win.

[b]I just dont want to see his horrible batting ever in my life. If we could have scored 40 to 50 runs more in that match against England we could have pushed for a victory. He is a most selfish batsmen bd has ever have.
He never think of the team. Ask him for truth's sake if he really cares even if we are able to play out the 50 overs. He just wanted a big score beside his name. Just a very very selfish human being. I dont know the words to express myself how badly i wanted to beat him after seeing his batting on that match.
Old June 27, 2005, 05:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Well, JO should have been unselfish, and given his wicket away after scoring 10 runs in 5 balls. At least this way, we wouldnt reach 50 Overs!
Old June 27, 2005, 06:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Look.....this is Javed Omar.......what we saw him in the Natwest Series.......he cant play beyond this.........he has the limitations.

I agree that JO does not fit in our ODI team.........selectors also agree with me because before this series they also did not have JO in the ODI side........but after good performance in the tests against England and horrible performance from other BD players in the tests.............Selectors had no other option but to pick him...........

What i am wanting to say.....if you pick JO in ODIs......he cant play beyond this........

So, i think we should really stop talikng bad about JO.............and if selectors think he is not doing enough he will be dropped from the ODI team like before.