facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 12, 2017, 02:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Default Breaking: Mashrafe's Future - BCB Chief

"It is uncomfortable for him and us too. I am saying this clearly: there is no question of dropping him as long as he is willing to play."

BUT - This part seems to be a very political statement:

"Even I feel uncomfortable thinking about his situation: always wondering whether he is going to be in the team or not."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...y/1110554.html

Papon feels uncomfortable? he thinks about replacing Mash? and than say's he always wonders whether Mash will be in team or not... - Yeah sure Great confidence booster for Mash

Old July 12, 2017, 03:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
"It is uncomfortable for him and us too. I am saying this clearly: there is no question of dropping him as long as he is willing to play."

BUT - This part seems to be a very political statement:

"Even I feel uncomfortable thinking about his situation: always wondering whether he is going to be in the team or not."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...y/1110554.html

Papon feels uncomfortable? he thinks about replacing Mash? and than say's he always wonders whether Mash will be in team or not... - Yeah sure Great confidence booster for Mash
We all feel uncomfortable thinking Mash's exit. He is the on field gel. One injury and we will be going backwards few steps until someone else steps up. We don't have a replacement for him yet. Shahadat 2.0, or Radarless Rubel is not the answer unless they start thinking.
Old July 12, 2017, 03:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
We all feel uncomfortable thinking Mash's exit. He is the on field gel. One injury and we will be going backwards few steps until someone else steps up. We don't have a replacement for him yet. Shahadat 2.0, or Radarless Rubel is not the answer unless they start thinking.
BCB need to invest a lot of money on Mash, Shakib, Mushy, Tamim after retirement. They need to get them on coaching courses etc, we need them to be future coaches for Bangladesh. I would not mind at all, if Mash in future becomes our head coach, of course with the necessary coaching credentials. Would be nice to see them involved with BPL teams for a start, maybe as mentors when they retire.
Old July 12, 2017, 03:24 PM
Cricket Guru

^ Don't ever see Shakib being part of anything under/with BCB after retirement with the relations they have.
Old July 12, 2017, 03:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
^ Don't ever see Shakib being part of anything under/with BCB after retirement with the relations they have.
They should have a structured program for everyone.
I don't think if Shakib want's to become a coach, BCB will have issues with that.

I really hope BCB focuses on this area. More than BCB, its the player's that make it count, look at Jayewardene for example. Started of slowly in his coaching career with short stints here and there, and now gaining more and more experience, plus more positions of senior levels. I hope to see one of our boy's become a really solid coach.
Old July 13, 2017, 01:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Mash needs to go asap. We need to prepare for the future. But we also need that savior captain. That captain that is also the best player in the team. We are in dire straits. I would say just experiment, there is cold talent hidden in the pipeline.
Old July 13, 2017, 03:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Mash needs to go asap. We need to prepare for the future. But we also need that savior captain. That captain that is also the best player in the team. We are in dire straits. I would say just experiment, there is cold talent hidden in the pipeline.

Mashrafe doing just as fine well thanks. We need Mashrafe till 19 WC. The man is doing well... no need to change.
Old July 14, 2017, 12:56 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I dont know why some of us and BCB is so worried about giving time to the new captain for WC.

First of all, we are sounding like we have a shot at the cup. Those of u who are thinking along those lines, you guys need to go easy on the green stuff. Mash or no Mash, we are still 2 WCs away from realistically hoping for a title

Second, whoever replaces Mash (one of Mushy, Tamim, Shakib, Riyad) are all experienced captains from different teams in domestics and in some cases internationals. They have been around the team for a long time too. Why do they need eternity to get used to their role?

All this noise about preparing next captain is crap. BCB needs to realize, NO ONE will live upto Mash's captaincy... at least not in a few years. So give Mash as long as he can play and then bring someone new. If they really wanna prepare the next captain for ODI, replace Mushy in test with whoever they have in mind for the ODI captaincy and give him time there...
Old July 14, 2017, 05:52 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Le Fizz

We always keep looking for that one perfect scapegoat. আজকে এইটারে মার, কালকে ঐটারে ধর , পরশু আরেকটারে কাট।
I would like to review the last ten games and check for individual performances and failures. Analyze them to see who are the most consistent performers and under performers, conditions notwithstanding. Decide based on the facts and keep emotions away from it all.

Want to experiment with captains, fine. Give Moyna a chance for some games, we have tried Mushy in the past.
Old July 14, 2017, 07:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Mashrafe's bowling performance is average, which is okay as other bowlers have been average too. So I get it you are not looking for an exceptional captain in terms of performance. I think you should, but that is another discussion.

But recently, Mash's energy has been poor too. Slow to get low on the ground, slow to dive, and his asthma attacks after every ball still continue to this day. That is the type of guy you want to phase out of your team sooner than later. He has done well, but no need to keep him on as a token captain.
Old July 14, 2017, 09:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Why isn't he retiring? What's wrong with him?
Old July 14, 2017, 10:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Its not a matter of whether you love him or hate him, its more like whether you want the face the reality or not. And the reality is Mashrafee will not survive upto WC19, if he force the issue he will end up highly embarrass himself. That's not good for his legacy nor its good for the team. For his huge emotional fan base, BCB will not publicly sack him, not this year, even though they are trying their best in the back ground to force Mashrafee choose his retirement timeline and announce it to his fans.

We all want Mashrafee to retire with his head high and with dignity... if he force the issue and continue towards close to WC19, he may have to go with head low.
Old July 14, 2017, 01:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Why isn't he retiring? What's wrong with him?
Why isn't Dhoni retiring? What's wrong with him? Won everything just retire. Don't be ultra selfish, give youngster a chance to keep!
Old July 14, 2017, 05:13 PM
2019 WC Ranking Predictor Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sachin,Klusener

For a moment I thought the thread title said- "Mashrafe want to be BCB chief in Future'
I wouldn't mind though if it were true.
Old July 14, 2017, 06:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Those of you asking him to retire, who is going to replace him as captain? At the moment, BCB's options are Shakib, Tamim, Ma'dullah, Mushy. That's yet. We literally have no one else. It's hard to groom someone to take after Mash when we don't have anyone to groom in the first place.
Old July 14, 2017, 07:04 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

If Mashrafe can bowl like he is right now(as in be the best bowler in the last 12 months without any major injury like he has) then I don't see why he can't continue till 2019 WC.
Old July 14, 2017, 11:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Its not a matter of whether you love him or hate him, its more like whether you want the face the reality or not. And the reality is Mashrafee will not survive upto WC19, if he force the issue he will end up highly embarrass himself. That's not good for his legacy nor its good for the team. For his huge emotional fan base, BCB will not publicly sack him, not this year, even though they are trying their best in the back ground to force Mashrafee choose his retirement timeline and announce it to his fans.

We all want Mashrafee to retire with his head high and with dignity... if he force the issue and continue towards close to WC19, he may have to go with head low.
Well said. 100% accurate.

I am very much afraid of his grossly emotional fan base that will force the issue for him. And you know the BCB will not want to upset him because they want to siphon this support for Awami League in the future. They are afraid that Mash might one day challenge their party with his huge vote bank.
Old July 15, 2017, 01:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I have seen Mashrafe since the day I started watching cricket.

I believe he is a good captain and a potent bowler but the question is can he withstand another 19 months without any issues? We know he isn't going to get any better. We love him and he is a great captain but it's not a game of emotions. It's a game of competitiveness.

If Mash feels that team is better off with him then so be it, but it needs to be seen whether he can handle it. Kudos to him for being fit for 3 years

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old July 16, 2017, 10:31 PM
Cricket Legend

The only reason why BCB has decided to go ahead with this is because of lack of alternatives.

Had Shakib been in some sort of form with bat and ball, he could have been in contention to take over in all formats.
Old July 16, 2017, 11:23 PM

2019 WC is a far ahead of games in terms of Mash's fitness, both him and BCB/team should look forward by series basis keeping plan B in mind.
Old July 18, 2017, 01:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

While he's performing he's fine, and although I understand he's done well with the captaincy you have to move on at some point. If he stops performing then talk about mash's spot but you can't just keep someone in the team because you are worried there is no replacement. He's been injured soo many times his retirement could come at anytime and that's how it's been for years so it's not like BCB haven't had time to plan for his retirement.
Old July 19, 2017, 01:53 PM
Test Cricketer

If he doesn't retire gracefully on his own then bcb will have to find an alternate way to get rid of him. Nobody is bigger than the team. It has already been proven that he doesn't have the required fitness to play international cricket.
Old July 19, 2017, 06:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Mash of the past 12 months has averaged 28.89 in ODIs from 19 innings, extend it to 2 years and it drops to 28.4 although he only played 3 more innings in that time (22). So he is still performing. Trust me, I myself as much as anyone else would love to see some young pacers brought in (rony, saifuddin, ebadat) but mash is still doing the job for the team, add to that under his captaincy the team has done better than ever. I mean I'm not a big fan of the political issues his captaincy may have brought like backing certain senior players etc because as much as I think a captain to a certain the extent needs a team he is happy with he is too close to everything to be the final word on selection and can't have the senior players causing a ruckus because a certain player may or may not be selected, but there is no doubt under mash's captaincy the team has done better and he's performed as well.