facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 4, 2011, 08:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim
Default First Class Teams

We all know that one of the main obstacles of our cricket development is the lack of quality First Class Tournament. One of the reasons may be the teams do not have a passionate fan base (like Mohammedan or Abahani). Actually our people usually do not identify themselves with the divisions, but they do have a sense of belongingness towards the greater district of their roots. For example the people of Brahmanbaria have passion for greater Comilla, but not for Chittagong.
Totally we have 17 greater districts (considering Tangail inside Mymensing and Patuakhali inside Barisal). Like county cricket we can have 17 teams in two divisions (with promotion and demotion). If 17 teams are too many, we can go for a compromise. In addition to the current 7 teams (Dhaka, Chittagong, Sylhet, Khulna, Barisal, Rajshahi, and Rangpur) we can have three more: Greater Comilla (Which will include greater Noakhali), Greater Mymenshingh (including Tangail) and Greater Jessore (including Khustia). So we will have 10 teams for now, but with the improvement of infrastructure we will increase it to 17.

Old April 4, 2011, 09:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

i raised the same issues before of adding more FC teams. i also mentioned about greater districts. but do all the Greater Districts centres have stadiums and adequate facilites ??? they need these facilities for at least host their home games. u dont want jessore to to play their home games at Dhaka, Do you ???

anyway we have to take a long term and short term plan. currently we have 6 teams (rangpur still is not a FC team).

we need to add 6 new FC teams quickly. Could be Bogura, Mymensingh, Faridpur, Ranpur, Jessore Comilla.

i know Bogura, Faridpur and Mymensingh stadiums, not sure about rangpur jessore and comilla.

with the addition of this 6 we can have two divisions of 6 teams. and later we need to add 4 more and thus we can have 16 FC teams in two tiers which i think is enough.

so from next season we need 12 teams in two tires or at least 9/10 in one tier and then in long term need to extend upto 16 in two tiers.
Old April 5, 2011, 04:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Excellent thread. I hope BCB is paying attention.

I think we need to carry on as we are for two more seasons. In the meantime they should implement the required infrastructures. I cant say this enough but proper, regular and competetive FC cricket only will produce the quality players we are looking for.
Old April 6, 2011, 01:57 AM
Street Cricketer

Our FC structure is not gonna get better by increasing the number of teams. Don't you see how teams perform after national team players leave the competition? I don't think we have sufficient resources to run a two tier system with that many teams in a proper manner. A better option would be developing divisional A, women's cricket and age group competitions.
Old April 6, 2011, 03:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

NCL is our lone FC tournament.We need to colour this tournament.IMO franchise system will be better here than Divisional system.Barishal and Sylhet have litte production and enthusiasm about cricket.
As a whole quality of our NCL is not too bad but need to increase the number of matches.Last but not least Decentralization of cricket in the divisions with their own administration is a must.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 6, 2011, 05:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
i raised the same issues before of adding more FC teams. i also mentioned about greater districts. but do all the Greater Districts centres have stadiums and adequate facilites ??? they need these facilities for at least host their home games. u dont want jessore to to play their home games at Dhaka, Do you ???

anyway we have to take a long term and short term plan. currently we have 6 teams (rangpur still is not a FC team).

we need to add 6 new FC teams quickly. Could be Bogura, Mymensingh, Faridpur, Ranpur, Jessore Comilla.

i know Bogura, Faridpur and Mymensingh stadiums, not sure about rangpur jessore and comilla.

with the addition of this 6 we can have two divisions of 6 teams. and later we need to add 4 more and thus we can have 16 FC teams in two tiers which i think is enough.

so from next season we need 12 teams in two tires or at least 9/10 in one tier and then in long term need to extend upto 16 in two tiers.
Comilla has a very decent stadium. FC matches used to be held there earlier. Not sure about Rangpur or Jessore though.

Increasing the number of teams is a great idea. We can have div 1 and div 2, similar to county. And we can give the divisional teams the responsibility to make their teams, ie. Dhaka's team will be made by cricket board of Dhaka, where they get their players isn't BCB's headache. This will definitely increase the number of cricket games, and the more games the players play the better they will be equipped for higher levels.
Old April 6, 2011, 06:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

do u really think BCB ever pays attention to all these yes its a good and bright idea but who will have the brains to understand these
Old April 6, 2011, 06:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Divisional cricket board with their academy is a must to make a competitive FC tournament.As NCL is the only FC tournament in Bangladesh I think inviting few more teams will not be a bad idea.We have only 6 teams here with players get chance to play only 6/7 FC matches per year.Its too little.Further more lot of good cricketer dont find team for them.Say we have we have 7/8 standard wicket keeper to play in NCL but as we dont have enough teams then some times keeper like Mithun,Jahurul,dont get team to play.Even Dhimam,Mushy had to stay in sideline sometimes.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 6, 2011, 09:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

Well.....lots of thinking and nice ideas....but who wll impliment these? BCB understands very well what needs to be done to strengthen the overall cricket structure of the country....but they don't give a **** about the development of cricket....thats the reality. BCB consists of a bunch of greedy and corrupted suckers. Tell me one thing....what exactly loitta and his gang have done in the last 18 months of his tenure to improve the overall cricket structure of the country? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING (He himself has admitted that in Tritio Matra at Channel i just a couple of days after gettng threashed by the SA in the WC). So whatever we discuss here for the betterment of our FC and overall crisket structure...is futile and just wastage of our time and intelligence. It is time to see some action.