facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Simulation and Fantasy Cricket

Simulation and Fantasy Cricket Sub forum for all simulation and fantasy related topics

Old July 6, 2013, 10:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Default A Timeless Match

Rules: Anyone can play and write anything within ICC rules of cricket.Any player (provided he is in Statsguru) can participate. No posting after yourself, please. Maintain consistency. Like if first-balls bowler is Best, then he is set for 1 over.

I will go first:
Quote:
0.1 Joel Garner to Bradman..... WIDE 1 run
Mystery XI : 1/0 (0.0)

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old July 7, 2013, 02:48 AM
MLC World Series I

Let's make it interesting..

Quote:
0.1 Joel Garner to Bradman, OUT! That was pitched up and was swinging away from Bradman but he drove at it and gets a nick to the second slip and is out for a duck. My, oh my.. Mystery XI lose their key player and are probably going to be in a bit of mess here, 1/1!

Last edited by Maysun; July 7, 2013 at 09:21 PM..
Old July 7, 2013, 04:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Imrul Kayes comes to the crease

Quote:
0.2 Joel Garner to Imrul Kayes, SIX! Pulled down the ground. This is lovely timing and muscle. Short, sitting up, he doesn't look to go square. Just slaps it over long-on's head. Courageous shot to play on the 3rd ball of Day 1, 7/1
Old July 7, 2013, 06:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
0.3 Garner to IKayes, SIX! Short pitched delivery, which Imrul tries to avoid, but decides against so at the last minute. He ducks and pulls, which lobs over the fine leg for a boundary. Wow! What an eventful over. Second ball, Bradman duck then two sixes in a row by the southpaw sensation.
Mystery XI: 13/1

Old July 7, 2013, 09:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
0.4 Garner to Ikayes, OUT! stupid silly cricket, Double Bluff game set up by Garner and IKayes fell into the trap. the field was set up as it would be a pacy bouncer in the ribs, deep fine leg, deep square leg and two men catching on the leg side all set for a mistimed hook or pull, imrul kayes asked for some extra protection from the dressing room and was on the back foot straight away but garner ends up with a slowish off cutter on the off stump at good length, imrul surprised by the line length and pace could not decide what to do and at the last moment tries to play a casual push and gives the simplest of catch back to Joel garner the big man.

I kayes c & b J Garner 12 (3b 0x4 2x6) SR: 400.00
mystery XI : 13/2, in deep trouble
Old July 7, 2013, 10:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
asif from canada: Thank you imrul payesh. Now go back to your hut and eat your payesh, imrul payesh.

In comes javed omar belim to steady the ship.

0.5 garner to belim. No run. Rock solid defense from belim who steps forward as ball bounces back from the gm. Crowd here in ulan bator is clamoring for more wickets and cannot wait to see shakib al hasan bowl from the other end.
13/2 (0.5)

Old July 7, 2013, 10:10 PM
Cricket Legend

The crowd is cheering for another wicket.

Quote:
0.6 Garner to Belim, FOUR!, seems like Mystery XI want to play out of this situation by playing aggressively. Belim goes after this one, a step or two down and wants to launch this down the ground, not a clean hit by any means, but lots on it to clear mid off, Farhad Reza is after it, but his dive is not enough to save four, seems to have touched it.
End of the first over

17/2
Old July 7, 2013, 10:20 PM
Cricket Savant

End of over. Mystery XI 17/2

Shane Watson now on strike. Shakib to bowl.

Quote:
1.0 al Hasan to Watson. NO BALL. SIX! Watson walks down the crease and clobbers it over long off for the maximum. Umpire called Shakib's overstepping early, which Watson was alert to, and exploited it fully.
Mystery XI: 24/2 (1.0)

Batsmen Runs B 4s 6s SR

*Shane Watson(rhb) 6
0 0

striker

Javed Omar Belim (rhb) 0
0 0 0.00
non-striker

Bowlers O M R W Econ

*Shakib al Hasan (sla) 0.0 0

(1nb, 0w)

Joel Garner

(0nb, 1w)

Recent overs wdW66 . 4 | NB 6

Current partnership 10 runs, 5.2 overs, RR: 1.87
Last Bat Imrul Kayes c&b Garner 12 (3 0x4 2x6) SR: 400.00

Old July 7, 2013, 10:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
1.1 al Hasan to Watson. 1 run, tossed up delivery outside off, the batsman tries to work it towards long on but gets a leading edge to the off side, Shouts of 'catch' as it goes past cover, through to long off
Mystery XI: 25/2
Old July 7, 2013, 10:33 PM
Cricket Savant

^^^ My bad it should be 25 as the extra run from no-ball and the first ball.

Assuming above is the first ball, here is the second ball:

Quote:
1.2 al-Hasan to Belim, No Run. Belim slashes air and misses it completely while Brendon McCullum cleanly picks it up.
Mystery XI: 25/2 (1.2)

Old July 7, 2013, 10:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Feeling the Bangladesh aroma in the air

Quote:
1.3 al Hasan to Belim, 1 run, run-out appeal, pushed it just wide of mid-on and called for a single, no hesitation there, al Hasan picks it up and throws down the stumps at the non-striker's end but Belim is in
Mystery XI: 26/2
Old July 7, 2013, 10:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Oh my oh my! Rest of the World is asking for a review. They will use their first one and hope to go for the kill if this turns out to be given out.

As soon as the bails are off, the batsman grounds his bat. But, you can see that the angle at which it crosses the crease is not convincing. I don't know - looks like a tight call. I say the batsman gets the benefit of the doubt.

Umpire decision pending.

Old July 8, 2013, 12:09 AM
MLC World Series I

Not out

Quote:
1.4 al Hasan to Watson, no run. The ball darted in, pitches on leg and goes down leg, as Watson sweeps and misses.

Meanwhile, Tamim is not happy in the dressing room. Probably furious for not being sent out to open with Bradman.
Old July 8, 2013, 01:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Where did my plate of biryani go? I swear it was just in front of... hey is that Tamim with my plate of biryani? Anywho...

Quote:
1.5 al Hasan to Watson, FOUR, makes a bit of room this time and thwacks that through extra cover to beat long-off, shortish and he wasn't to the pitch but he made excellent contact. They are playing T20 out there in the middle
Mystery XI: 30/2
Old July 8, 2013, 03:14 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Men in Blue

Quote:
1.6 al Hasan to Watson, 1, on the pads, flicked to square leg for one and keeps the strike.
End of 2nd Over
Mystery XI: 31/2
Old July 8, 2013, 03:30 AM
MLC World Series I

Well well well...

Quote:
Ashraful has taken the ball from Wasim Akram's hand and goes to give it some rip. That grin would make everyone go aww!

2.1 Ashraful to Watson, OUT! Would you believe it! The ball pitches well short and bounced twice and knocks over the middle stump. The Aussie was deceived and had no clue. Ashraful goes berserk and is flapping his arms. Guess that was not covered in Watson's homework!
Mystery XI - 31/3
Old July 8, 2013, 06:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Ashraful can't get that smile off his face. His gone all the way to the boundary celebrating.

Well Mystery XI have gone with an interesting choice and have sent in Jason Gillespie as nightwatchman. Or should i say daywatchman? A very strange thing to do so early in the innings. Looks like Mystery XI want to play defensive and save their better batsmen for later. Or is Gillespie coming in to make another double century?

Quote:
2.2, Ashraful to Gillespie, SIX!, Why the f*** was i talking about being defensive then? That was an audacious shot! Shows his confidence, Gillespie made room and Ashraful followed him, he picked that from wide of the leg stump and deposited that just over the rope at deep square leg.

Now hold on what is going on? Ashraful is crying? His mate Mushfiq has joined him from the pavilion and he too is crying with him. They are either getting too emotional or being complete sissies.
Mystery XI: 37/3
Old July 8, 2013, 06:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
2.3 Ashraful to Gillespie, no run, an attempted bouncer gone wrong. It was a long hop in the end, but Gillespie decides to safely defend it on the back foot. For some reason the bowler seems to be unhappy with that particular shot selection.
Old July 8, 2013, 10:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
2.4 Ashraful to Gillespie, no run, a quick fast yorker delivery speared into the pads, of the wicket keeper MS dhoni who failed to collect it cleanly at first, missing the batsman by an inch into the legside. The batsman is appealing for a wide but no response from the umpire. In the mean time Dhoni is out of the field taking some medical care and K M Pilot is padding himself up for the next delivery. A wise decision to play two wicket keepers for this important match.
Old July 8, 2013, 12:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
2.4 Ashraful to Gillespie. BOWLED. NO BALL! No ball called as Ashraful oversteps and bowls a cutter to lull Gillespie forward. Gillespie heaves and misses as the ball quietly clips off the bails. Oh my, what have we here? This the second time a spinner overstepped and this time it was the priceless wicket of Gillespie which was not to be given out. Ashraful will cut short his early celebration, and bowl again.
Mystery XI: 38/3 (2.4)

Old July 8, 2013, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Mystery XI: 38/3 (2.4)
Quote:
What was that? Did we just experience an earthquake? Oh my, that shook up everybody in the commentary box. Oh wait, the ground is splitting, ladies and gentlemen, we're definitely in the middle of an earthquake now, the crowd is dispersing, the players are running away from the middle of the ground where a long and possibly deep crack has formed on the surface, right through the pitch, total chaos here, I gotta go run for my life, sorry ladies and gentlemen if you're still following...
Match abandoned due to earthquake.
Old July 8, 2013, 10:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Match abandoned due to earthquake.
what a pity ........ anyway looks look people there is a huge demand for the game to be resumed at some other venue............... lets see what happen next
Old July 8, 2013, 11:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Very very unusual that an earthquake shook the whole city of Ulan Bator. Turns out it's only Danny Ocean's team drilling nearby for power outage of another national bank robbery. Phew! Match to resume in 15 minutes. Ash is out of the field, probably trapped somewhere in the epicenter. Well, we shall resume with either Garner, al-Hasan, or Akram.

Old July 9, 2013, 04:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Ashraful returns.

Quote:
2.5 Ashraful to Gillespie, no run, appeal for lbw, got an inside edge there as he went for the slog-sweep, tossed up on middle and he tried to go over midwicket, would have also gone down leg.
Mystery XI: 38/3
Old July 9, 2013, 04:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
2.6 Ashraful to Gillespie, no run, wide down the leg side, flicked his pads on the way.
Quote:
The earthquake has caused a slope along the ground from west to east. We can see Curtly Ambrose kicking the ground with his feet in the third man region in an attempt to level it, and its working.
End of 3rd over.
Mystery XI: 38/3