facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old January 9, 2011, 08:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Default Various sports quotes

Climbing
"Why are there handicapped parking spaces at the Lazy Mountain Trailhead? If a handicapped person is going to climb 3,000 vertical feet up a mountain why not ten extra feet in a flat parking lot?"
-Michael Logsdon

"Nobody climbs mountains for scientific reasons. Science is used to raise money for the expeditions, but you really climb for the hell of it."
-Sir Edmund Hillary

"Because it's there."
-George Mallory when asked why he climbed Mt.Everest

Running

"Roger Bannister studied the four-minute mile the way Jonas Salk studied polio—with a view to eradicating."
-Jim Murray, LA Times

"The mile has all the elements of a drama."
-Sir Roger Bannister

Cycling

"It never gets easier, you just go faster."
-Greg LeMon

Cycling is like a church - many attend, but few understand.
-Jim Burlant

"Nineteen hundred meters up there is completely different from1,900 any place else. There's no air, there's no oxygen. There's no vegetation, there's no life. There's no life. Rocks. Any other climb there's vegetation, grass and trees. Not there on the Ventoux. It's more like the moon than a mountain."
-Lance Armstrong

Golf

"Practice puts brains in your muscles."
-Sam Snead

Canoeing

The first thing you must learn about canoeing is that the canoe is not a lifeless, inanimate object: it feels very much alive, alive with the life of the river. Life is transmitted to the canoe by currents of air and the water upon which it rides. The behaviour and temperament of a canoe is dependent upon the elements: from the slightest breeze to a raging storm, from the smallest ripple to a towering wave, or from a meandering stream to a thundering rapid. Anyone can handle a canoe in a quiet millpond, but in a rapids a canoe is like a wild stallion. It must be kept on a tight rein. The canoeist must take the canoe where he or she wants it to go, not where it wants to go. Given the chance, the canoe will dump you overboard and continue on down the river by itself.
-Bill Mason

Formula 1

"I was already on pole, [...] and I just kept going. Suddenly I was nearly two seconds faster than anybody else, including my team mate with the same car. And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension. It was like I was in a tunnel."
-Ayrton Senna, during qualifying for the 1988 Monaco Grand Prix

"The track is my canvas. My car is my pencil"
- Graham Hill.

Aviation

My definition of an optimist has to be the Luftwaffe F-104 pilot who gave up smoking!
— John Wiley

Nothing said I had to crash.
— R.A. Bob Hoover, after hitting a telephone wire and losing two feet of wing in his P-51.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by Zeeshan; January 9, 2011 at 10:23 PM..

Old January 10, 2011, 06:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Football
When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
Eric Cantona- Sports journolists were left looking for a metaphor that did not exist

Boxing
A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.

I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark.

Frazier is so ugly that he should donate his face to the US Bureau of Wild Life.

Wars of nations are fought to change maps. But wars of poverty are fought to map change.

Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths.

I'm so mean i make medicine sick

Muhammad Ali

Last edited by tiger1000; January 12, 2011 at 07:27 AM..
Old March 15, 2013, 03:59 PM
Cricket Legend

I thought this thread had potential, shame no one posted in 2 years