facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old March 6, 2013, 12:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Default Sports psychology techniques

Just for reference sake. Over

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_p...sed_techniques

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old March 7, 2013, 03:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Snipers use something called "Bubble compartmentalization" to block everything out from their minds; and zone in the particular object.

Old March 19, 2016, 11:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Old November 21, 2017, 09:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Posted on Facebook. Recopying and pasting it here.

Quote:
I have been studying peak performance and human achievement for a while. Here is what I gleaned so far:

Moon landing: It was 99% strategy. It was all about planning, engineering, creating a blueprint with hitches and obstacles and breakdowns and glitches all way along. But the actual cherry-on-top lasted for a week (the journey) but in reality it took 10 years in the making.

Nadia Comaneci: We all see the cliche images of gymnasts head held high as if smacking pride or something. Well basically it is actually the look. The demeanor of a champion. There is one scene in the fictional movie Nadia where the whole audience was chanting "Nadia! Nadia! Nadia!" which kind of brainwashed her psyche and soul and possibly in my opinion gave her the self-belief of a champion. Once she did a below-par performance and her coach was livid and she had a frozen look which said: "It will never happen. I will be a champion and number 1 no matter what."

Usain Bolt: Grew up in Jamaica immersed n a culture saturated which regularly churns out mechanically running and sprinting machines. He is also relaxed in his pre-game routine which tremendously helps him as opposed to other anal guys bogged down on crossing the ts and dotting the is which actually screws up their performance even more... But I also learned how Michael Johnson's academy believes that champions are not born, but can be manufactured.

Djokovic: After a brief lapse in his performance, he had to find himself. And he realized the very first time he picked up a tennis racket was because of passion- that child like fascination. He started playing everywhere in every court and that is when he entered the zone where he was undefeated for six months. He also moved from his around 600 or so seed to 3 to 1 and going to that 99th cent percentile rank took him x amount of years. He also had an utter self-belief drilled in him by his coach that one day he will be #1.

Michael Jordan: "Give me the last shot. I will make it. I was made by god to make it." Almost zealous and superfanatical self-belief that it was his destiny. Again, self-belief is the key. Any dime-a-dozen chump can rectify techniques. And that is not to say that is not important. You need to work hard, train like a m****************er and enjoy the process. Which brings me to:

Michael Phelps: He never missed a training in 6 years for 365 days a year. F-----ed up ain't it?

Bannerman: He actually studied the human body. He studies the art and science of running and broke it into segments. He didn't attempt the entire four mile at once, but took it piecemeal.

And that is my friend the secret to success and champions' mindset. If you have a defeatist mentality and limiting beliefs that it is all about luck, connections, good genes and physique....psssh you will only go so far in life. I mean FFS Phelps had the perfect physique, but the f****er practiced for 8 hours 365 days a year for six years. Solid.

Old November 21, 2017, 11:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Don't see Shakib on there.
Old November 21, 2017, 11:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Don't see Shakib on there.
LOL! Imho, he really needs to work on his inner game. I still remember the Multan innings which I watched with my dad and I loved how he didn't succumb to pressure and scored a 100 for losing cause. My dad said: "Thing I love about Shakib is he is always smiling."

So, I think he needs to rekindle that spirit. What he did to that umpire is unacceptable. People's claim that it may be getting to his head is certainly not unwarranted, but come'on let's face it: how many of us really know the guy and sat to have a talk down with him face-to-face?

But imagine if he was on this psycho-babble fuel, he'd blast off like rocket. Michael Johnson was saying how even Usain Bolt could clean up his technique which will make him faster and faster and faster.

See, the thing about America that I love is the whole "sky's the limit" "never stop learning" mentality. Not only America but India. I mentioned US because they dominate Olympics, military and all. Rohit jokes that every where he goes now, airport etcetera people always ask him for 300. And he was saying in the interview half-jokingly that you can't buy 300 like oil or something. My Hindi is terrible actually. But then he said, that's fine. That's how the expectations should be.

This hunger, this drive... it is as important as consistency and technique.

Sure it is always wise to pause and slow down and reflect on your achievements, and one might accuse that if it may be hoarding mentality, but I think not. I do believe when you stop growing, you die.

Old November 21, 2017, 11:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

What about this guy? He holds the record for most movie appearances:

Old November 21, 2017, 11:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
LOL! Imho, he really needs to work on his inner game. I still remember the Multan innings which I watched with my dad and I loved how he didn't succumb to pressure and scored a 100 for losing cause. My dad said: "Thing I love about Shakib is he is always smiling."

So, I think he needs to rekindle that spirit. What he did to that umpire is unacceptable. People's claim that it may be getting to his head is certainly not unwarranted, but come'on let's face it: how many of us really know the guy and sat to have a talk down with him face-to-face?

But imagine if he was on this psycho-babble fuel, he'd blast off like rocket. Michael Johnson was saying how even Usain Bolt could clean up his technique which will make him faster and faster and faster.

See, the thing about America that I love is the whole "sky's the limit" "never stop learning" mentality. Not only America but India. I mentioned US because they dominate Olympics, military and all. Rohit jokes that every where he goes now, airport etcetera people always ask him for 300. And he was saying in the interview half-jokingly that you can't buy 300 like oil or something. My Hindi is terrible actually. But then he said, that's fine. That's how the expectations should be.

This hunger, this drive... it is as important as consistency and technique.

Sure it is always wise to pause and slow down and reflect on your achievements, and one might accuse that if it may be hoarding mentality, but I think not. I do believe when you stop growing, you die.
Shakib has hunger and drive, he expresses this by shouting obscenities at umpires, when decisions don't go his way.
Old November 22, 2017, 05:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Did moon landing even happen tho :O
Old November 22, 2017, 10:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Watch at 0:40

Things like self-belief, unshakable confidence, mastery, relaxation, personality, swagger, thirst, drive, passion, hunger all these so called nebulous and "vague" stuffs cannot be coached nor taught. Rest can easily be tweaked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jf8d04uyig

Old November 23, 2017, 10:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Power of visualization and belief AND DAYDREAMING (Andre Agassi)

"I must have won Wimbledon a million times before age of 10."

Funny, how Bradman honed his skill in a 'playful' environment of hitting a golf ball against a water tank.

People think play as some frivolous activity. YET it is only in these moments champions are made.