facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old August 29, 2012, 06:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir
Default London Paralympic Thread 2012

Wow - what an opening ceremony. All sold out seats - all 87,000 of them making it the biggest Paralympics opening ceremony ever.

164 countries, yet no presence of Bangladesh

Looking forward to see 100m final this Friday and next (there are multiple categories of 100m).

Old August 29, 2012, 09:13 PM
Cricket Sage

We did have one Bangladeshi performer representing us in the opening ceremony. She is folk singer Abbas Uddin's great grand daughter. I don't know her name. I heard about her from a friend of mine. Some of you might know her sister, Armeen Musa.
Old August 31, 2012, 07:14 AM
Cricket Sage

How come no one is following this? The second biggest tournament in the world...

Each paralympian is like a superhuman - an able body cannot imagine the sports they are competing in. One legged cycling, blind footbal (goalball), one handed swimming - absolutely amazing. Proud of each and every single one of them.

Last edited by Roni_uk; August 31, 2012 at 06:03 PM..
Old August 31, 2012, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
We did have one Bangladeshi performer representing us in the opening ceremony. She is folk singer Abbas Uddin's great grand daughter. I don't know her name. I heard about her from a friend of mine. Some of you might know her sister, Armeen Musa.
Yeah, went to high school with Armeen Musa, she graduated a year after I did.
Old August 31, 2012, 02:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
How come no one is following this? The second biggest tournament in the world...

Each paralympians are like superhumans - an able body cannot imagine the sports they are competing in. One legged cycling, blind footbal (goalball), one handed swimming - absolutely amazing. Proud of each and every single one of them.
Well said. These people are all very brave and I'm proud of them.
Old September 2, 2012, 04:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

Paralympic champion Oscar Pistorious loses the T4 200m in an astonishing final, but says the length of winner Alan Oliveira's artificial limbs gave him an unfair advantage.

Paralympic poster boy Pistorious was the favourite to win, but Brasil's Alan Oliveira raced ahead in the final 60m, taking over from the South African to win gold in an incredible finish.

Speaking after the race, Pistorious said that the Brazilian's long legs, helped by longer artificial limbs, meant that it was not a "fair race".

"I'm not taking away from Alan's performance but I can't compete with Alan's stride length," he said in an interview straight after the race.

"The IPC have their regulations and their regulations mean that some athletes can make themselves unbelievable high...his knee-heights are four inches higher than they should be."

Oliveira completed the race in a personal best of 21.45 seconds. Responding to Pistorious, he said that the length of his blades had been approved by the IPC and that he hadn't changed his blade during the competition.

The IPC responded with a statement, saying that all athletes' blades are measured and confirmed that Oliverira's passed the test.

Pistorious beat the world record in his qualifying heat for the 200m, but he failed to run as fast on Sunday evening.

http://www.channel4.com/news/blade-r...-for-200m-loss
Amazing race by Alan Oliveira but was it fare!!!
Old September 2, 2012, 05:07 PM
Cricket Sage

not sure which 5000m I loved the most Mo Farah's or David Weir's... absolutely amazing

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oly...ed-house.htmll

Tweeted by Usain Bolt...

Paralympics Games is where you find true champions.. All magnificent athletes.. Talk about that 5000m just now.. Incredible