facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 9, 2012, 10:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Rain is delaying the inevitable, namely Amla's 17th test 100. He has gone past the 50 average mark already. Kallis is well on the way to his 44th test 100
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Old November 11, 2012, 10:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Amla gets his 17th. I didn't think he was going to fall before 150. I guess that rain broke his focus.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 23, 2012, 06:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Amlar hamla ar Kohlir boli didn't happen yet, but there's always the second innings to look forward to.
Old November 25, 2012, 05:35 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Both failed!
Old November 25, 2012, 05:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Amlar hamla ar Kohlir boli didn't happen yet, but there's always the second innings to look forward to.

They failed again. Considering how good they are, they both might score big their next matches.
Old November 25, 2012, 11:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Too early to say but I've now no doubt in my mind after watching today that Kohli, dispatching a full toss into the hands of fielder, will be a serious failure at Test Level. Pujara is much much better than him in longer version imo and will be averaging HEAD and SHOULDER above Kohli.
Old November 25, 2012, 05:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
LOL at people overrating Kohli and Amla. They are both beasts in odi cricket, Amla is not in the top 5 test batsman (averages below 50) and Kohli is not in top 20 test batsman. Please don't reply with your opinions, I am talking about facts.
In his first 3 years, between Nov, 2004 and Nov 2007, Amla played 15 test matches and scored 714 runs with 1 century and averaged a mere 25.

In the past 5 years since Nov 1, 2007, Amla has played 49 matches and hit 16 centuries scoring 4,402 runs at almost 60 average (58.69 to be precise). Speaking of turning ones career around, it rarely gets any better than that.

The only other two players who averaged 55+ in the past 5 years I believe are Kallis (57+) and Sangakkara (56+) [Please feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken here as my research wasn't exhaustive]

Moreover, many of these centuries/big scores were series defining, putting SA in dominant positions and sucking the life blood out of the opposition, while others were match saving ones. He's scored big runs everywhere in every conceivable condition including Ind, SA, Aus, Eng. Although the likes of Kallis, de Villiers, Smith, Steyn and Morkel have contributed heavily, Amla is probably the biggest reason why SA are currently ranked number one.
Old November 25, 2012, 06:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Kholi hasn't played that many Test matches yet. It's only a matter of time before he starts racking up runs in Test cricket. One of the main reason he is so successful in his career so far is because he is hungry for runs, he is hungry for success. He won't seat back and just be happy with his success in the shorter version. He will use these failures to motivate him and work his butt off till he gets it right.
Old November 25, 2012, 08:59 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I thought these two would come good when the team needed them the most...
Old November 26, 2012, 08:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

just because Koheli had two or three bad test match doesnt mean he has no future in tests.
I agree with Ajfar bro..he is always hungry for runs and success, and wity the skills he has he will come back strong,its only a matter of time.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old November 26, 2012, 10:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Too early to say but I've now no doubt in my mind after watching today that Kohli, dispatching a full toss into the hands of fielder, will be a serious failure at Test Level. Pujara is much much better than him in longer version imo and will be averaging HEAD and SHOULDER above Kohli.
Not at all surprised to see this trigger happy post from someone who calls himself Kohli_Sox. The negative and puerile nick suggests disturbing malice towards a player made even more malicious by the presumption that you may be Bangladeshi. I'm not sure how healthy such bitterness can be for anyone.

Anyway, you are certainly entitled to your opinion just like everyone else, but I find your assertions about both players to be quite premature to say the least. Both are promising young players. I'd like to see Pujara to sustain his form and class and do just as well in more challenging conditions abroad over time. Kohli's test numbers haven't caught up to his incredible ODI and T20I numbers yet but I think that's just a mater of time. He did exceptionally well in Australia and I think we'll see him replicate that form and class more consistently a lot sooner than expected.

Last edited by Sohel; November 27, 2012 at 09:40 AM..
Old November 26, 2012, 10:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovik
They failed again. Considering how good they are, they both might score big their next matches.
I'll certainly bet on it. Not even great players succeed all the time, but they do fail less frequently because of their ability to learn from those failures and emerge stronger.
Old December 1, 2012, 06:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Amla's Hamla witnessed. On 99* of a potentially match winning knock and I'm actually supporting Australia!
Old December 1, 2012, 02:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Did I see a hint of jitters last night?
Old December 1, 2012, 09:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Congrats Amla on scoring another scintillating hundred, and in the process effectively taking the match away from Australia. Another glorious example of how the very best raise their game when the stakes are at their highest.
Old December 1, 2012, 09:54 PM
Cricket Savant

18th test for Amal as his Hamla continues at the WACA. In all likelihood a match winning innings that simply took the match away from the hosts in record time and the parteh ain't over yet folks!

Hamla isn't a "terrorism" reference BTW. It just rhymes well.
Old December 2, 2012, 01:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Just 4 short of 200. A match winning innings nevertheless
Old December 2, 2012, 06:32 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Amla's a beast. Really happy for him.
Old December 2, 2012, 07:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

amla and clarke atm are just ridiculous in tests.
Old December 6, 2012, 03:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Not at all surprised to see this trigger happy post from someone who calls himself Kohli_Sox. The negative and puerile nick suggests disturbing malice towards a player made even more malicious by the presumption that you may be Bangladeshi. I'm not sure how healthy such bitterness can be for anyone.

Anyway, you are certainly entitled to your opinion just like everyone else, but I find your assertions about both players to be quite premature to say the least. Both are promising young players. I'd like to see Pujara to sustain his form and class and do just as well in more challenging conditions abroad over time. Kohli's test numbers haven't caught up to his incredible ODI and T20I numbers yet but I think that's just a mater of time. He did exceptionally well in Australia and I think we'll see him replicate that form and class more consistently a lot sooner than expected.
Epic tasting moment. I've said Kohli wont be successful in test not only because I don't like him as a person. Get the facts right before making such comments. I wish I visited this thread more earlier. Anyways I am proving to be right more and more so with every test matches. I wish him success though because India atm need him.

Also I have noticed that you basically attack a poster in many of your posts if that poster doesn't tend to agree with you rather than providing any actual information. You should understand that a forum is for general discussion and about arguing. It's not to be taken personal like all the time you do. Argument is healthy for forum growth and that's for what forums exist in the first place.
Back to the argument. I'll show you how to post and justify your point rather than attacking a poster.

Kohli got into Indian team riding on his mainly under 19 shorter version performance. When you look at Pujara's and Kohli's FC numbers, there is a telling story. Kohli played only around 40 FC games with an average of 50 which is definitely on the higher side but with comparing to other Indian talents going around it's on lower side. Pujara has played 70 FC games and has some big scores under his belt e.g. 302* with an average of 56, Rahane has an avg of 63. Kohli while also being tremendously successful in shorter version and shown class there but this doesn't automatically qualify him to be successful in the long run in Tests. He still doesn't have that skill how to play or build in longer version. His temperament perfectly suits for only shorter version imo.

Last of all, putting Kohli in the same category as Amla is a joke. If the thread title only suggested it's only confined to "ODIs", it would have been perfectly all right. Amla is a world class test player and certainly on his way of becoming an ATG. Amla is in the league of Cook, Clarke and Smith for this era. Better quickly change the thread title imho to save the face.

Last edited by Kohli_Sox; December 6, 2012 at 04:30 PM..
Old December 6, 2012, 04:19 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

^ Too early to make an assessment on how Kohli will do in Tests. He's really young and will play a bucket load of Tests (unlike our stars Tamim and Shakib), if health permits, both in India and away. Let's judge his performance in a few years.
Old December 15, 2012, 04:58 AM
Test Cricketer

3rd Test 100 for Kohli.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old December 16, 2012, 02:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Hopefully this century is the beginning of Kohli's rise in test cricket as well.
Old January 7, 2013, 08:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Kohli in the Pak tour was very ordinary and was Junaid's bunny. He looked extremely suspect outside his off stump and Junaid bowled really cleverly to totally own Kohli. Sooner or later his form was going to drop. The challenge now for him is to work hard on his weaknesses and come back strong in the England series.
Old January 7, 2013, 03:57 PM
Cricket Legend

" It was Wasim bhai (Akram) who told me to develop the incoming delivery which would be my weapon against the Indian right-handers," Junaid told PTI."

"Junaid had dismissed Virender Sehwag with an incoming delivery in Chennai and Virat Kohli in all three matches."

Achilles Heel Found