facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 14, 2018, 05:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

God will not help the humans.

It is humans who have to help other humans.

See Africa as an example, thousands of people die each year out of hunger.
Are you telling me they never ask God for help? That the parents of those people don’t cry out to God?

Where is the answer from God then? He lets those poor people die? Doesn’t he?
So what happens to the people who call him? There hopes get destroyed.

Simple fact is God doesn’t give a sh.it . Humans need to help other humans.

Old September 14, 2018, 05:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Be in the same situation as those poor people.
Than see how it feels when you call God and he doesn’t answer.

Go to those dying children, and tell them.. “You will get in the next life”. Shameful.
Old September 14, 2018, 07:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
La ilaha illallah (There is No God But Allah).

Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said:"When a servant of Allah utters the words la ilaha illallah (there is no God except Allah) sincerely, the doors of heaven open up for these words until they reach the Throne of Allah, so long as its utterer keeps away from the major sins.” [at-Tirmidhi]

Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "Renew your faith." "How can we renew our faith?" they asked. The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) replied: "Say always: la ilaha illallah." [Ahmad]

SubhanAllah wa biHamdihi (Glory be to Allah and Praise Him).

Whoever says (the above) a hundred times during the day, his sins are wiped away, even if they are like the foam of the sea.[Sahih al-Bukhari; #7:168, Sahih Muslim; #4:2071]

Abu Dharr reported that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "Shall I tell you the words that Allah loves the most?" I said: "Yes, tell me, O Messenger of Allah." He (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "The words dearest to Allah are: subhanAllah wa bihamdihi”. [ Muslim and at-Tirmidhi.]

SubhanAllahi wa biHamdihi, Subhan-Allahi 'l-`adheem (Glory be to Allah, and Praise, Glory be to Allah, the Supreme)

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Two words are light on the tongue, weigh heavily in the balance, they are loved by the Most Merciful One." [Sahih al-Bukhari; #7:67, Sahih Muslim, #4:2071]

SubhanAllah (Glory be to Allah)

Whoever recites [the above] one Hundred times, a thousand good deeds are recorded for him or a thousand bad deeds are wiped away.[Sahih Muslim; #4:2073.]

Please feel free to add more.
Quote:
God will not help the humans.

It is humans who have to help other humans.

See Africa as an example, thousands of people die each year out of hunger.
Are you telling me they never ask God for help? That the parents of those people don’t cry out to God?

Where is the answer from God then? He lets those poor people die? Doesn’t he?
So what happens to the people who call him? There hopes get destroyed.

Simple fact is God doesn’t give a sh.it . Humans need to help other humans.
Quote:
Be in the same situation as those poor people.
Than see how it feels when you call God and he doesn’t answer.

Go to those dying children, and tell them.. “You will get in the next life”. Shameful.

An imam comes to lead the believers in a Friday prayer.

He climbs the pulpit and starts his sermon exhorting the believers to always remember God. The topic of his sermon was supposed to be the benefits of remembering God!

However, to the utter surprise of the audience, within a minute, the imam makes a complete u-turn. Using expletives against God, the imam starts describing how God never answers the call of his servants. He also starts questioning one of the basic pillars of religion and says it is shameful that God sometimes prefers to reciprocate in the next life.

What a FRAUD and a TROLL of a personality this imam has been! What was the point of this imam accepting his leadership role in the first place when he himself was not well grounded in knowledge or had such resentment against God or his own religion?

The poet was right when he wrote the poem.

Quote:
On her way to work one morning
Down the path alongside the lake
A tender-hearted woman saw a poor half-frozen snake
His pretty colored skin had been all frosted with the dew
“Oh well,” she cried, “I'll take you in and I'll take care of you”
“Take me in oh tender woman
Take me in, for heaven's sake
Take me in oh tender woman,” sighed the snake
She wrapped him up all cozy in a curvature of silk
And then laid him by the fireside with some honey and some milk
Now she hurried home from work that night as soon as she arrived
She found that pretty snake she'd taken in had been revived
“Take me in, oh tender woman
Now she clutched him to her bosom, “You're so beautiful,” she cried
“But if I hadn't brought you in by now you might have died”
Now she stroked his pretty skin and then she kissed and held him tight
But instead of saying thanks, that snake gave her a vicious bite
“Take me in, oh tender woman
“I saved you,” cried that woman
“And you've bit me even, why?
You know your bite is poisonous and now I'm going to die”
“Oh shut up, silly woman,” said the reptile with a grin
“You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in
”Take me in, oh tender woman
Take me in oh tender woman,“ sighed the snake
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old September 14, 2018, 08:26 AM
Cricket Savant

LOL So SportingBD got dissed then? Aight... ^^^

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 14, 2018, 09:20 AM
Cricket Legend

As you grow older you learn things.
You start to question more and more.

You seek answers.

Just because you practiced in certain ways for most of your life doesn’t mean it should stop you from asking questions.

Knowing about God, seeking answers is another form of Dhikr.

Now if you can’t answer, that doesn’t make the question irrelevant.
Old September 14, 2018, 09:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

If you do not know what to say better be quiet, if you do not have answer to the questions SBD raised you better remain silent TBF (or is it BCF )

I have been here in this forum for 13.5 years and had enough share of posters practicing logical fallacies here and there. What TBF pulled in his last post was shifting ground, a classic case of ad hominem.
Old September 14, 2018, 10:33 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

speaking of zikir, I had an interesting interaction with someone few years ago. I was getting out of masjid after a maghrib prayer and this Bengali guy I vaguely know stopped me. So after the initial hi hello he was telling me about the virtues of zikir.

long story short he is a murid (follower) of some peer in Bangladesh. I have always been skeptical of those practices. but he tells me he can teach me some tricks where my heart will continue doing zikir even when I sleep. I said how? that is physically impossible. he says his peer has taught him how.

I said bhai amar jaite hobe. ajke time nai trick shikhar. never followed up.

the way I see, zikir is more than just the lip service. saying aloud those Arabic sentences even without understanding does little good. It is about being conscious of the meaning of the words and saying it out of reverence and devotion.
Old September 14, 2018, 10:39 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Is being a murid of a peer allowed in Islam?
Old September 14, 2018, 11:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Is being a murid of a peer allowed in Islam?
Pir is a spiritual guide and murid is a student.
You need to embrace a more spiritual version of Islam (Sufism) to accept the idea.
In other words it depends on your views regarding Sufism.
Old September 14, 2018, 12:00 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I have very limited knowledge in this, and Most likely my views are wrong. But I believe I do not need a spiritual guide to connect with God. He himself will connect with me if I call Him. Prayers are there for a reason. No one can save me from what is written in my fate and no one can give me what isn't written. Only Allah/God has the power to do so

I personally think that These pir babas are there to make some fortune and exploit those illiterates who put more faith in them than Allah. Even if they were genuine, why would I need them when I have Quran to refer to
Old September 14, 2018, 12:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
speaking of zikir, I had an interesting interaction with someone few years ago. I was getting out of masjid after a maghrib prayer and this Bengali guy I vaguely know stopped me. So after the initial hi hello he was telling me about the virtues of zikir.

long story short he is a murid (follower) of some peer in Bangladesh. I have always been skeptical of those practices. but he tells me he can teach me some tricks where my heart will continue doing zikir even when I sleep. I said how? that is physically impossible. he says his peer has taught him how.

I said bhai amar jaite hobe. ajke time nai trick shikhar. never followed up.

the way I see, zikir is more than just the lip service. saying aloud those Arabic sentences even without understanding does little good. It is about being conscious of the meaning of the words and saying it out of reverence and devotion.
The way I see it is basically like Hindu mantra or positive affirmations or any form of chanting that basically programs your mind to think of good things or kinda exercises your thoughtwaves like entrainment.

Nothing wrong it. Again coming from a kufr's perspective, we just think whatever you think 60,000 of the day it will have better focus and force than whatever you don't think of 60,000 of the day.

But bruh you should'av stayed there and learned them some David Blaine tricks. Woul'v comed handy in bar...

Old September 14, 2018, 12:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I have very limited knowledge in this, and Most likely my views are wrong. But I believe I do not need a spiritual guide to connect with God. He himself will connect with me if I call Him. Prayers are there for a reason. No one can save me from what is written in my fate and no one can give me what isn't written. Only Allah/God has the power to do so

I personally think that These pir babas are there to make some fortune and exploit those illiterates who put more faith in them than Allah. Even if they were genuine, why would I need them when I have Quran to refer to
First disclaimer:
I am an apostate ..

The idea of sainthood is frowned upon my the conservative version of islam (the version saudi exported to bangladesh)... hence you will also find news of sufi shrines being constantly attacked by the talibans and other such groups.

As far as exploitation of the poor and illiterate is concerned, it is not exclusive to pir babas.. religion is big business.
Old September 14, 2018, 01:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
First disclaimer:
I am an apostate ..

The idea of sainthood is frowned upon my the conservative version of islam (the version saudi exported to bangladesh)... hence you will also find news of sufi shrines being constantly attacked by the talibans and other such groups.

As far as exploitation of the poor and illiterate is concerned, it is not exclusive to pir babas.. religion is big business.
I'd respectfully disagree with it. Now is not the time. If you think religion is big business, that needs to be under separate thread called 'religion is big business, right BC?' lol

Old September 14, 2018, 02:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan

But bruh you should'av stayed there and learned them some David Blaine tricks. Woul'v comed handy in bar...

LOL I highly doubt it will work. Let's open another thread where we can discuss what works at bar. I got some interesting stories on that. right, right zee?
Old September 14, 2018, 03:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
LOL I highly doubt it will work. Let's open another thread where we can discuss what works at bar. I got some interesting stories on that. right, right zee?
Feel free. I also like to get inundated with our Romeos' midnight escapades and adventures and their plightful rejections, negging. misery lit and what not suicide notes with ronktato haater wall painting of 'i love you' 1 million times when not jumping off bridge.