facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old April 11, 2012, 10:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

RE: Official XXX threads in BanglaCricket forum

Do those threads bother anyone in anyway these days? It bothers me. I think it loses the purpose of forum to discuss on interesting topic buried under an "Official XXX thread". You really have to click on every single such threads and go to the last page to get the latest interesting news (about that XXX) if there's any! Now if there was a "popular" news and discussion which brought few more fresh pages to the thread you will have to browse each previous page to see what the discussion topic is about unless some very "kind" member quote the original news in the last page!

So my question is, can you do something about those official XXX thread? Mind you that I am not a prominent member with thousands of posts, but I do lurk here in BC often. So please take my complain/awareness/raising voice/advice with a grain of salt :P

Old April 11, 2012, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Ahsan bhai, thank you for your concern. You bring up a good point and I'll provide my personal take on this, as it has been something that at least I have been in two minds about. On the one hand, these official threads don't break any forum rules and initiators of such threads are in every right to open them. I realize the "official" prefix can be a source of confusion and you will notice that some of these threads have been stripped of this adjective in their titles. I think there is, within the staff and a certain group of members, a general acknowledgment of the fact that excessive thread merging can be problematic and if we're taking that route, then we might as well merge everything into a humongous "Everything about Bangladesh cricket" thread.

I think the difficulty, then, really lies in the fact that on the one hand, deleting a so-called "official" thread would be unfair on the initiator, but at the same time there are the concerns that you have raised. As a community, we can certainly work towards eradicating such threads by not posting in them. At the end of the day though, this forum thrives for its users and it's the users' voices that really matter at the end of the day.

Long story short, perhaps we can revisit this issue one more time.
Old April 11, 2012, 01:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Thanks ATMR bhai for noticing it and replying. I appreciate it.

I agree that it will be unfair to OP if those official threads are deleted, especially when there is not such forum rule/restriction (glad there is none such though). My reason for raising the issue was not calling for straight out delete those threads. My sole purpose was to bring this issue to you guys even though you may have been already aware of it, and find out if there is a nice solution. The issue is more like organizing and easy-to-find way of presenting of threads/info to forum visitors to me.

Certainly we can not restrict what users will post (with/without breaking forum rules), but can we constantly make them aware of the issue by driving some campaign and/or encouraging (I am sure you guys did that already!) users not to open such threads/post some interesting news/info, that deserves its own thread, in such official XXX threads. I realize that it is tough ask, but a campaign/encouragement drive won't hurt especially in a time when Bangladesh cricket does not have international series/tournament. I noticed these are the time when those threads pops up top on the list right after stickies! And these are the time when I (personally) am hungry to see some interesting news/info/thread on Bangladesh cricket in BC. So when I open BangladeshCricket forum in BC, and see those official threads on top, it takes about 5-10 sec to drive me away from that forum to other forums (eg, forget cricket)

I wish I could offer more ideas on the issue/concern, but it is such a delicate one!

Thanks again for spending some time on it.
Old April 11, 2012, 02:12 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

If it's not against the rules it should be. That's how the rules get created in the first place. Invent funny crimes, pass funny laws.

Obviously the first person to open the thread (Ash's by?) meant it more in a sarcastic manner. Everyone else made it very official.

Rule idea 1.1 if a player doesn't avg 50 in test he shall not get an OT. If a player doesn't have a SR of 150 in T20, he shall not get an OT. If a player avg 50 with the ball and has econ over 5, he shall not get one.
Old April 14, 2012, 07:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

How about closing them for good? People can still see them but new stuff will be discussed in new threads from now on. How does that sound?
Old April 14, 2012, 07:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
How about closing them for good? People can still see them but new stuff will be discussed in new threads from now on. How does that sound?
The best idea I've heard in a while. You know how I feel about 'official threads'.
Old April 14, 2012, 08:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Hmm please do close them......have been seeing discussions on playstations/earphones instead (getting carried away sometimes :P)
Old April 14, 2012, 01:15 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
The best idea I've heard in a while. You know how I feel about 'official threads'.
but boss if there isn't a official thread for our main players where would one post say this massage..this doesn't deserve a thread but its a very good share..now as a member i would have been confused where to post this if there weren't any official threads

But off topic chit chats needs to be cut down from official threads
Old April 14, 2012, 01:20 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Let there be official threads for every mods and gurus.
Old April 14, 2012, 06:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Bribing'em eh?
Old April 14, 2012, 08:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
Hmm please do close them......have been seeing discussions on playstations/earphones instead (getting carried away sometimes :P)
and women, keggers, parties what not
Old April 14, 2012, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
and women, keggers, parties what not
Damn. What did I miss?
Old April 14, 2012, 10:19 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Whole thing about whether Shakrulz got a dingdong or not
Old April 14, 2012, 11:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Yes please close them all.

Then abaro amra dekhbo "does anyone know what color underwear shakib likes most?" "saw ash in a lungi..daymnn he is a khayat" aro koto ki..

Jara ekhon complain kortese tarai abar complain korbe orokom thread jokhon dekhbe. Cricman opened Ash's thread to eliminate these useless threads. Shakib er ta o eki karone open kora. Amra to ar bolinai je shob kisu oi threads e post korte? Bhalo kisu hole separate thread e open korte bola hoyeche first post ei.

So yeah close/delete these threads. And welcome these useless threads again and be happy.
Old April 14, 2012, 11:36 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Like I said my shoutout box idea on website upgrade thread will solve all that chitterchatter.
Old April 14, 2012, 11:39 PM
Administrator

There's an easy solution. Generic crap can go into the generic player threads. Let them stay. But, please feel free to post major items about a player in a new thread. Major is of course subjective. Mods can merge - after all that's why we pay them the big bucks. This way important news does not get smothered by the color of their underwear news.
Old April 15, 2012, 12:10 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Chatbox!
Old April 15, 2012, 12:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

The BC iphone version is lacking 'the route' (or whatever it's called) on top of the page. For example, if I visit the match thread in the IPL forum, then want to view the whole IPL forum I have to go back to 'Home' and then access it. There should be something like IPL>Match thread on top of the page just like we have in other BC versions.
Old April 15, 2012, 03:01 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
The BC iphone version is lacking 'the route' (or whatever it's called) on top of the page. For example, if I visit the match thread in the IPL forum, then want to view the whole IPL forum I have to go back to 'Home' and then access it. There should be something like IPL>Match thread on top of the page just like we have in other BC versions.
Good point. For the time being, if you click on the "<" icon (titled "Back") on the left top and bottom when you are viewing a thread; it will take you to sub-forum home.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old April 22, 2012, 05:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Nasif bhai, mobile e 'pc mode' theke 'mobile mode' e kivabhe back kore?

Last night ami onek try kore o parini. Then cookies clear korar pore thik hoyeche.
Old April 22, 2012, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Nasif bhai, mobile e 'pc mode' theke 'mobile mode' e kivabhe back kore?

Last night ami onek try kore o parini. Then cookies clear korar pore thik hoyeche.
Bottom left of your PC mode view, you have the Quick Style Chooser. Default PC mode is BC Green. You pick the iPhone style and there you go.
Old April 23, 2012, 11:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Bottom left of your PC mode view, you have the Quick Style Chooser. Default PC mode is BC Green. You pick the iPhone style and there you go.
Thanks Boss
Old April 25, 2012, 07:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Its not a suggestion but i always wondered, what's the function of adding members in BC Friendlist ? Its not that only by adding members in your friendlist, you can write on their wall or message them, you can do those regardless. So, what's the point of having 'Friends' option in BC ?
Old April 25, 2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
So, what's the point of having 'Friends' option in BC ?
You make friend/s!!
Old April 25, 2012, 07:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
You make friend/s!!
Lol, those who are not in my BC friendlist are also my friends