facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 22, 2005, 12:21 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Playing with kids and getting satisfaction...isn\'t it show how miserably poor we are?

Well playing with kids, and doing bravo bravo showed how poor we are.

We neither have the arrogance nor have the guts. I feel what Taibu showed none is visible among our captain or any player interviewed.

To be in the top of the world we do need that missing courage, arrogance and guts.

The way players and people celebrate wins against a moth-eaten, broken, limping Zimbabwe really ashamed me. We are the clear favorite in the game and we just manage to survive a close series win in both version and we celebrate it in THAT way. Oh! dhoroni didha holay i could hide myself.

Even if it is a 2-0 and 5-0 we shouldn't act the way we did.

Same goes for A team visit in Zimbabwe. If we could able to bring the Duleep trophy, if we could make a 2-1 win against England in ODI and a 1-0 in test we could have something in hand for celebration.

Our major obstacle is our players are also not knowledgeable. When Ashraful say he doesn't know anything about his Duleep trophy opponents i feel ashamed. These days it is couple of key strokes to get the info one need to know. Oh! How poor these guys are. Someone have to teach these guys to become r-e-a-lly successful there is no alternate but to create a habit of clinical homework type reading. Someone have to inform these guys it is really very shameful these days not knowing info that is so readily available. It is total illiteracy and unacceptable.

If we really want to do well, our players need to show by their act that they LOVE the game from the bottom of their heart. Apart from physical coaching they have to study. They have to have the guts, they have to prepare themselves as such that they start believing on themselves.

As we all know believe is not just logical thinking, it comes from-within-oneself. I dream very soon our team will start act as such...
Old February 22, 2005, 12:22 PM
BC Editorial Team

another major problem - lack of grammatical skills amongst fans
Old February 22, 2005, 12:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

another is... always seeing the negatives...
Old February 22, 2005, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Come on.........If you win the world cup by playing Kenya in the finals, will you not celebrate? You should celebrate for winning man........

Winning the 1st test, the 1st test series, 1st ODI sereis...............isn't it feel like winning a world cup? You should feel man.......if you dont feel...then i doubt you support our cricket from heart.

So, what hapened if we won our 1st test series, Odi sereis against ZIM kids(by your word)...........it is about winning the 1st test......about feeling the 1st ever test.........You must celebrate.............we must celebrate........The whole country must celebrate..............It is the 1st time ever......wow!!

If you cant enjoy......cant celebrate.........then how poor a guy u are.......My sympathy is with you............
Old February 22, 2005, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

I dont know when we will get rid of these ppl from our country........They will always pull ur shirt from behind..........this is our national problem to me

Edited on, February 22, 2005, 5:56 PM GMT, by yaseer.
Old February 22, 2005, 12:55 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
We neither have the arrogance nor have the guts. I feel what Taibu showed none is visible among our captain or any player interviewed.
Arrogance is not a good thing. Sure Taibu did show guts, but towards the end his confidence started looking more like naivety. It doesn't matter if Bashar looks confident or arrogant - for all that matters he could look like a complete idiot, as long as he as able to score runs and motivate his team, which he has done.

Quote:
The way players and people celebrate wins against a moth-eaten, broken, limping Zimbabwe really ashamed me.

... Same goes for A team visit in Zimbabwe ..
Agreed that Zimbabwe is weak. But take a look at it this way - they've had test status for how long now ? And during these years what have they done that they're still dependent on Streak and Blignaut ? The comparative strengths of 'A' teams will tell you that we're doing something right - which is indeed something to feel good about. Besides, I wouldn't even call this an 'A' team - it's more like a u-19 team.

Quote:
... Our major obstacle is our players are also not knowledgeable. When Ashraful say he doesn't know anything about his Duleep trophy opponents i feel ashamed. These days it is couple of key strokes to get the info one need to know. ....
Make up your mind, mate ! Is it the lack of guts or lack or knowledge ? I'd rather have Ashraful practice on his strokeplay than surfing the web to find out about East Zone players. Besides, with all the information that is available, why don't you tell us what YOU know about them besides the stats cricinfo provides ?
Old February 22, 2005, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Paco, forget it.........we just need to ignore these ppl......whatever you say, they will just say the oppossites......they will always go for good spoken english and net surfing ability of our players
Old February 22, 2005, 01:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally posted by razabq
A lil stroke of genius !!!
Old February 22, 2005, 01:20 PM
Club Cricketer

I think its a little too early to be so hurt with our performance. 3 days left and I have faith in our batsmen. Lets think about Al Shahriar, he is out there to prove a point. He'll probably get a double ton...he's surely capable of that. Then there is Alok kapali, he must be hungry for runs. Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed are top class batsmen. Even Manjural Islam Rana will chip in with a late fifty and give us a first innings lead. And we'll all be smiling..Lets hope for that.
Old February 22, 2005, 01:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Boka actually has a point. The hallmark of maturity is to approach things with a sense of perspective. After beating Zim. our celebrations bordered on the childish (grown men doing cartwheels!! .... and we used to think cricketers were different from most other sportsmen). As it is the BCB XI is being exposed by the East Zone (didn't I read somewhere on this sight that low scores were the norm in the Duleep trophy competition this year?) and appears to be out of the game by the end of the first day. We seem to be deriving a great deal of satisfaction at the expense of Zimbabwe's plight.

We unconditionally love our team just as parents unconditionally love their children. However, the best parents are those that do not indulge mediocrity in their wards but urge them on towards excellence.

Winning our first test and ODI series is an accomplishment, but like any accomplishment it has to be seen in the light of a bigger picture. If we win the Duleep trophy or win a game or two on the English tour I would be the first to do cartwheels. But until then it would be wise to keep our counsel.
Old February 22, 2005, 01:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Yes...if we were Australia or India or South Africa, you could have said that we should not celebrate after beating Zimbabwe. Just face the fact. We are a weak and developing cricket side. Why should not we celebrate successes like that? You thinking like we are a strong side like Australia, which we are NOT. We are small developing cricket nation, and we will celebrate small successes like this. But if we could become a stronger cricket side like Australia or India someday, then you will certainly see players finishing their celebrations with just couple of handshakes after beating a weak, broken team. But untill then, all small successes count!!

Suppose, you have BIG dream to score a 400 like Lara one day, but you never scored even a 50!...wouldn't you celebrate after your first 50 even though your dream is to score a 400 ?? Yes, I'm sure you will. Same thing here, we wish to be the world champion, but we never won a single match. So the poor, dishearted, broke people of Bangladesh celebrated..just like you would after your first 50, even though you ahve a dream of 400!!

Edited on, February 22, 2005, 6:30 PM GMT, by babubangla.
Old February 22, 2005, 01:50 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Well playing with kids, and doing bravo bravo showed how poor we are.
Disagree. Hope you don't think the few rebel players are the only players in Zimbabwe. Also those rebel players don't have to be everywhere. As a test playing country Zimb should be able to make a A team without those rebel players and which they did. If they can't make a 2nd string team without the rebel players - problem is theirs NOT ours.
The fact is OUR A team is lot stronger than Zim A team because we have improved our internal structure over the last 10 years. This improved performance is a direct result of those improvements.

Quote:

To be in the top of the world we do need that missing courage, arrogance and guts.
Mostly agree. I also believe if you want to be at the top you have to start acting like one. I didn't see that sort of personality in the recent leaders of BD teams (Bashar, Mashud or Mahmud). But I think they did and doing their best to their ability. Will this submissive attitute bring us world cup trophy? Very unlikely.
However, I think and hope that our next generation players (Haque Jr., Aftab, Nafees, Ash, Mashrafee ) will show lot more confidence and set lot higher goal then our present leaders do. I am waiting for a leader who can confidently say before starting a world cup tournament- "We will try to win the championship."

I am really tired of listening things like " Our goal is to play good cricket."

Quote:

Our major obstacle is our players are also not knowledgeable. When Ashraful say he doesn't know anything about his Duleep trophy opponents i feel ashamed. These days it is couple of key strokes to get the info one need to know. Oh! How poor these guys are. Someone have to teach these guys to become r-e-a-lly successful there is no alternate but to create a habit of clinical homework type reading. Someone have to inform these guys it is really very shameful these days not knowing info that is so readily available. It is total illiteracy and unacceptable.

If we really want to do well, our players need to show by their act that they LOVE the game from the bottom of their heart. Apart from physical coaching they have to study. They have to have the guts, they have to prepare themselves as such that they start believing on themselves.

As we all know believe is not just logical thinking, it comes from-within-oneself. I dream very soon our team will start act as such...
Can't agree with you more. You have said it all.

Note: I know many of you in the forum will be mad for agreeing with Boka and finding lot of mistake in my English writing capability. I know I am not not that good in English. After all it's my second language and I tried my best.
Old February 22, 2005, 01:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by boka
Same goes for A team visit in Zimbabwe. If we could able to bring the Duleep trophy, if we could make a 2-1 win against England in ODI and a 1-0 in test we could have something in hand for celebration.
Sorry, I could not keep my cool anymore after reading your comment about A team in Zimbabwe.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??
Don't you even do a little web-surfing before making such coment on the web!!! Don't know why I'm talking like this...here it is why:

Total Matches Played by ALL Bangladesh-A Players:
Test: 3
ODI: 24
First-Class: 74
List-A: 63
If we disregard Tushar Imran..the experience level comes down further below: Test:0, ODI:4, 1st-Class:43, List-A:18

Now would you please mind to look at Zimbabwe A Stats?

Total Matches Played by ALL Zimbabwe-A Players:
Test: 34
ODI: 112
First-Class: 226
List-A: 295

Just compare the stats.

Edited on, February 23, 2005, 12:28 AM GMT, by babubangla.
Old February 22, 2005, 03:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
I was gonna ask Boka to translate this for me!!!!!!

Edited on, February 22, 2005, 8:36 PM GMT, by couger.
Old February 22, 2005, 04:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by couger
Quote:

By the way, who helped you to write the sentence in the first place? You must had a hard time to find a person to write the message for you!!!!!!!!
Old February 22, 2005, 04:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Guys;

Take it easy on 'boka'. I understand he probably had it coming from the amount of whinning he's put in his message. Also the name kind of attracted the attention!
Old February 22, 2005, 04:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Kill the messenger if you don't like the message.

bty: I don't agree with boka though.
Old February 22, 2005, 04:32 PM
Cricket Legend

I have intension to enjoy the companionship at this forum and share my thoughts with others. Otherwise I would have agreed with "boka"
Old February 22, 2005, 05:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by babubangla
Quote:
Originally posted by couger
Quote:

By the way, who helped you to write the sentence in the first place? You must had a hard time to find a person to write the message for you!!!!!!!!
Are you talking to me Babubangla.
Old February 22, 2005, 05:06 PM
Club Cricketer

it's not worth my time to say anything abt this post...his name says all abt him..
Old February 22, 2005, 05:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Courtney Walsh

Quote:
Originally posted by 2007WcSemifinalist
it's not worth my time to say anything abt this post...his name says all abt him..
Agree with you...

To the poseter, this sort of posts are TOO OLD and has been proven wrong numerous times. Just one question for you (please don't answer you don't have good fact), India went to the WC final after beating Kenya in the semi, did India not prove anything?
Old February 22, 2005, 06:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by brikonwall
Quote:
Originally posted by 2007WcSemifinalist
Agree with you...

To the poseter, this sort of posts are TOO OLD and has been proven wrong numerous times. Just one question for you (please don't answer you don't have good fact), India went to the WC final after beating Kenya in the semi, did India not prove anything?
What exactly is the point being made here? So what if India had to beat Kenya? They were expected to do so, right? I dont recall them acting as if they conquered Everest after the win. Isn't this the same world cup where our "tigers" lost to every team they played against including Canada? Yes I know, Australia, England, Pakistan and the West Indies have also lost to non-test playing nations in the world cup before but none of them displayed the consistency of results that our beloved Bangladesh did in the last world cup.

Let's get serious. Boka made a few valid points. I myself would have been happier if our clebrations were a tad more dignified. Now, when Basher wished the Zim team well and a safe journey home ---- that was real class. That act made me feel proud to be a Bangladeshi. That was maturity and dignity, not the juvenile antics on the field. If we lost the second test or the one day series, both of which could have happened, our merry cartwheels on the field after the first test would have made us look particularly foolish.

Winning against Zimbabwe was a start. But I think we do our cricket a great dis-service by being excessively defensive about all our short-comings. Let us recognize them for a change, offer constructive criticism and keep our emotions in check until we have accomplished more notable things.
Old February 22, 2005, 07:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Its not that boka doesn't have a point. True, a little more perspective is required. Boka's problem is the way he comes out, lashing at players and fans alike with inappropriate terms and 'confused' writting rubbed all of us the wrong way.

A nation starved for any kind of good news will celebrate this way. And why not? Make no mistake, this was a milestone,a step in the right direction.

Edited on, February 23, 2005, 12:36 AM GMT, by couger.
Old February 22, 2005, 07:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Everybody has to start some where. when England was playing in the 80's they were an embarrasemnt, srilanka a couple of years ago, look at pakistan right now, when lara retieres in 2/3 years how good will be the w.indies. u people always like to show the negaties before mentioning any of the positives.

Every team(except Aus) will have it's high moments and low moments. Were just babies in a world of Giants in cricket. No one said it will come naturally. focus on the positivces and before u know it better results will follow.
Old February 22, 2005, 07:39 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally posted by paco
I'd rather have Ashraful practice on his strokeplay than surfing the web to find out about East Zone players. Besides, with all the information that is available, why don't you tell us what YOU know about them besides the stats cricinfo provides ?
A pure blow of a great punchline!

Edited on, February 23, 2005, 12:39 AM GMT, by MasterBlaster.