facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 10, 2009, 11:50 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default BCB - Amnesty to ICL players

BCB did the right thing (Thanks to ICC). Now it's time to see how the ICl players react.

Talking Points:
- ICL players will have to negate contract with ICL by June 15
- They will be eligible to play Domectic cricket RIGHT AWAY after they make the formal request from BCB.
- They will be up for National consideration AFTER DECEMBER 31, 2009. Only a 7 month cooling period.
- Those who who do cancel their contract with ICL will continue to serve their 10 year ban

Concern from ICL players are:
- Obviously - BACKLASH from BCB despite the public announcement
- ICL contract is one-sided?

From The Daily Star - http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig....php?nid=87528

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has announced 'amnesty' for the players who signed with the Indian Cricket League (ICL) following the guideline of International Cricket Council (ICC) about the players of the unauthorised tournament.

BCB's board of directors, in a marathon meeting on Saturday in Mirpur, has decided to allow Bangladeshi cricketers under contract with the ICL to participate in domestic cricket subjected to their termination of the contract with the unapproved competition by June 15 this year.

BCB imposed a ban on thirteen rebel cricketers in September last year including six contracted players who signed for the ICL under the banner 'Dhaka Warriors' which closed the domestic and international doors for players like former national skipper Habibul Bashar, Shahriar Nafees, Aftab Ahmed, Dhiman Ghosh and Alok Kapali.
"The players who will terminate the contract have to formally apply to the BCB for permission for making themselves available for the forthcoming domestic season. However, the players will not be considered for selection in any international match until December 31, 2009," said BCB's spokesman and media committee chairman Jalal Yunus.

The board also warned that the earlier ten-year ban imposed by the board in it's emergency meeting on September 17 last year will remain in effect for the ICL contracted cricketers who fail to terminate their contract by their timeframe.
BCB took the decision following ICC's directive in regards to the players of the unauthorised tournament which was recently endorsed by the Indian board who also announced the amnesty.

In his instant reaction Bashar said that the decision has opened a door for the rebel cricketers but he was not sure whether BCB's approach ultimately would be fruitful.
"The most important thing is that after this decision we have got an option to make our comeback in the domestic and international cricket. But I think the problem will remain because we have to terminate our contract first. Let us see everything before making any final comments," said Bashar.

"We had recently met to discuss what would be our approach if BCB announced amnesty like the Indian board and what we decided is that one can take his own decision. But first of all we have to look at the ICL contract. I know that the contract we have with the ICL is pretty much one-way," he added.

The rebel cricketers has been also worried with their fate with the BCB if they ultimately scrap the contract but BCB director Yunus found no reason to be worried with the future.

"I think BCB already showed that they are liberal enough because we recommended only a six-month cooling period for the cricketers. And since we made a public statement, there is no way they can think like that. If someone fulfils the requirement he will definitely be considered for the international cricket," assured Yunus.

Old May 11, 2009, 06:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

BCB has taken a strategical move; now many people will be convinced that they are very liberal. But the problem lies in itself. If ICL continues, and if those ICLers can not cancel the contracts by themselves, then for them at least, the practical consequence is zero. If BCB wants, no ICC rules (as far as I know) can prevent them from withdrawing the ban and selecting them for national duty.
Old May 11, 2009, 08:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
BCB has taken a strategical move; now many people will be convinced that they are very liberal. But the problem lies in itself. If ICL continues, and if those ICLers can not cancel the contracts by themselves, then for them at least, the practical consequence is zero. If BCB wants, no ICC rules (as far as I know) can prevent them from withdrawing the ban and selecting them for national duty.
This is a direct clash with BCCI. You want Bangladesh's Test status be revoked? Or do you want a period where there is no away games? Our development depends on playing other nations not domestic cricket. These are legit resolutions that can/will be easily passed through ICC if BCB ruffles BCCI's feathers. Have you not seen the drop Zim had exiting from test cricket? Flowers brothers were to retire someday. However their standard wouldn't have dropped this much where Holland, Ireland would take it to three days in a five day match.

Your claim is a valid one. However, for the greater good of our future existance, we, the minnow side, must concede defeat and fight for another day. This way Chittagong, Khulna doesn't create another team and go play with ICL.
Old May 11, 2009, 08:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

What if they can't cancel their contracts, but they show that they want to play for national side again, and they boycott the icl team (like not show up)?
Old May 11, 2009, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Why they can not. Nafees, Aftab, Alok, Dhiman, Reza, HB (did I miss anyone; the useless Nazim, Rubel?) have prior record of canceling their contract without giving prior notice. If they want to play for national team they can as they proved that when they canceled contract with BCB to join Indian Chimp League. And playing in Galli cricket does not qualify you for national selection. The caliber of Dhaka Wastes has been proven when they meet the best bowling line up of Indian Chimp League - Lahore Darwans.
Though I agree after some time BCB make one good move. ICLers are doomed if they do and if they not do.

Last edited by thebest; May 11, 2009 at 11:35 AM..
Old May 11, 2009, 11:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
This is a direct clash with BCCI. You want Bangladesh's Test status be revoked? Or do you want a period where there is no away games? Our development depends on playing other nations not domestic cricket. These are legit resolutions that can/will be easily passed through ICC if BCB ruffles BCCI's feathers. Have you not seen the drop Zim had exiting from test cricket? Flowers brothers were to retire someday. However their standard wouldn't have dropped this much where Holland, Ireland would take it to three days in a five day match.

Your claim is a valid one. However, for the greater good of our future existance, we, the minnow side, must concede defeat and fight for another day. This way Chittagong, Khulna doesn't create another team and go play with ICL.
Old May 11, 2009, 11:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Why they can not. Nafees, Aftab, Alok, Dhiman, Reza, HB (did I miss anyone; the useless Nazim, Rubel?) have prior record of cancelling their contract without giving prior notice. If they want to play for national team they can as they proved that when they cancelled contract with BCB joined Indian Chimp League. And playing in Galli cricket does not qualify you for national selection. The calibre of Dhaka Wastes has been proven when they meet the best bowling line up of Indian Chimp League - Lahore Darwans.
Though I agree after some time BCB make one good move. ICLers are doomed if they do and if they not do.
thebest bhai, What is the legal conflict between ICL and BCB that prevents the ICLers for national selection? Is it against the ICC's law?
Old May 11, 2009, 11:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
thebest bhai, What is the legal conflict between ICL and BCB that prevents the ICLers for national selection? Is it against the ICC's law?
your logic is very nice like "Ideal Gas Law" in Chemistry. unfortunately, there is no existence of ideal gas in the real world.
Old May 11, 2009, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I have not read any of the contract. So I do not know if there is legal conflict. But as far as I understand (remember I am not a solicitor) every valid contract must gave equal right to all the party to cancel the contract. As far as I understand ICL have right to cancel the contract whenver they like (they did it). So players would also have that right
No 2, I agree BCB played a clever game as national player to get national contract you need to have contracts which BCB approve and at the moment BCB do not recognize ICL's contract. Plus why we consider BCB a public organization (hence national ). I think in India there was a case against BCCI where BCCI argue that they are private organization and they are entitled with their own law. The Indian Supreme court agreed with the view.
No 3, I don't think ICLers are interested. Because they knew they are discarded and have little chance of playing. Otherwise why they did not sue BCB like pak or british players.
I was a fan of HB. But yesterday he just disappointed me. What we get in return should not be a language for any aspiring player. Did they want BCB guarntee their place in national team. Do any of we really belive SN, Aftab, Alok, Dhiman, Reza is better than our existing player and the back up. With the exception of Dhiman all of them has been given enough and prove that they are failure. But this is another discussion.
Mijan Vai - You are really guru. Top post; really appreaciated
Old May 11, 2009, 12:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I really could care less quite honestly..we have better players at the moment and are more disciplined..let them play domestic cricket but they are going to have to prove themselves first and I just don't think any one of them are really that great to come back and make a difference
Old May 11, 2009, 12:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I really could care less quite honestly..we have better players at the moment and are more disciplined..let them play domestic cricket but they are going to have to prove themselves first and I just don't think any one of them are really that great to come back and make a difference
Exactly. Though I do wonder, having a strong backup may in the long run benifit us.
Old May 11, 2009, 12:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
I think I read somewhere about it few weeks before. There is a law against Unauthorized leagues. If any league or tournaments which are not authorized by the home board, are considered as ILLEGAL by the ICC. I'll give you the source as soon as I find it
Old May 11, 2009, 12:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
.................. This way Chittagong, Khulna doesn't create another team and go play with ICL.
That was never a practical possibility. Assuming that and ruining a few peoples career is preemptive.

Some what similar to Bush's attack on Iraq for WMD.
Old May 25, 2009, 08:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

Quote:
i don't think that you are so right about all the things you have said. but i do agree with you about few things you said. actually BCB did say that if anyone comes to them then they will provide help and suggestion to them who wants to leave ICL.

you tell me first, did they discuss with the BCB when they left and declared retirement from all kinda cricket???? they didn't. so, why do they need back-ups from BCB now when they are giving a route to come back???? you tell me this intially and then i will on your side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Why they can not. Nafees, Aftab, Alok, Dhiman, Reza, HB (did I miss anyone; the useless Nazim, Rubel?) have prior record of canceling their contract without giving prior notice. If they want to play for national team they can as they proved that when they canceled contract with BCB to join Indian Chimp League. And playing in Galli cricket does not qualify you for national selection. The caliber of Dhaka Wastes has been proven when they meet the best bowling line up of Indian Chimp League - Lahore Darwans.
they doomed everything when they decided to leave Bangladesh cricket and join ICL.

Quote:
One & Only most important conflict is between Modi & Kapil Dev. LOL
just kidding....the thing is that BCCI who is the all of cricket in India. so when brain of your head don't transmit the signal to your legs to move, it shouldn't move. but if still moves then there is some abnormality. that's the exactly same thing happened with ICL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
That was never a practical possibility. Assuming that and ruining a few peoples career is preemptive.

Some what similar to Bush's attack on Iraq for WMD.
bro exactly ki mean korlen ami bhuji nei. ektu khola mela koira boilen plz.

anywayz another thing comes up my mind and that is, why few people are talking about the career and their rights to play for the national team??? didn't they retire from all kinds of cricket???

now i am gonna say something from my point of views. first of all, let's go through from the beginning.

septembar 2008, we came back from Australia tour. and we got the rumour about ICL players which cam true.

eve of october those ICLers gave their letter of retirement to BCB and joined ICL. and they all have said that BCB wasn't being fair to them that's why they were leaving BD cricket for their own goods and it's not a matter of money.

i have something say about these things. i said these before and i am saying it again.

Quote:
Shahriar Nafees Issue: can anybody here say that Nafees wasn't given more than maximum of his chances in the national team after failing again and again since World Cuo 2007???? still he was in the team till he left. then how come BCB did something unfair to him??? 2006/2007 season was good for him. but do take this in your consideration that we player more than 75% of our matches against weeker Zim and Kenya.

Farhad Reza Issue: he said the almost exactly same thing like Nafees. now you make your decision. he played 32 matches in his 2 years long career and bangladesh played 61 matches in that time. he was regularly in the team in 2006 and 2008. but in the year 2007 he played only 6 matches. he didn't play in the world cup at all. and since december 2007 he played in almost ever match and all the series BD has played till he left. then how come he didn't get proper chances???? and meanwhile there are so many all-rounders are coming in the team. so, when he is not performing another could get a chance for sure.

Dhiman Gosh: he played 14 ODIs in 8 months of his career. i think i don't have to say anything about his issue.cause when we had Mushy(tagged world cup hero by then) then he ought to get less matches. but Mushy's performances gave him few chances. don't you think so???

Mosharaf Rubel: he played only 3 odis in his 8 months long career. now you can say that he wasn't given fair chances. in those 3 matches he scored 15 runs and took only 1 wicket. where our 3 spinners Sakib, Razzak and naim were doing good and really good. then his chances were really thin until he performes superbly. which he didn't in the NCL.

Nazimuddin: he played 7 matches in his (again) around 8 months long career as an opener and scored 90 runs. obviously we had to try someone else when we had Tamim, Junaid(they are still in the team) and Nafees. we can't play 4 openers in one team. right??? so we have to consider that who's performing bit better.

Aftab Ahmed: do i really have to say about his decision???? please guys we have seen him like in every match since his debut unless he was injured before the aussie tour in 2008. he played 80 matches since his debut against SA in 12th September 2008. he can't say that BCB wasn't fair to him they behaved badly with him. you all know that.

cricketer of most controversies in BC, Alok Kapali: i was a big fan of him when i saw him palying against Pak in Pakistan. he played 65 matches only in his 6 year long career. but we BCers fight for and against him a lot. why is he not in the team?? but we all did agree that after his first year he was out of touch for a long long time. BCB did give him chances like crazy. but when he didn't perform for a long they dropped. but before he left he performed well in 2 back to back national leagues. and he was picked in the team for asia cup and scored 115 against India and he played all the matches there. we all knew that he would be in the team for a long time. but he didn't give the chance to BCB to keep him in the team.

and don't even write one more line about Habibul Bashar.
these were my saying. it's really long and i am sorry for that. i have just touched (tried to) the main issues here.

now you guys tell me, is there really anything really wrong from the BCB that these 7 players left??? i don't care about Nazim,Rubel,Nafees and Farhad. but why Alok & Aftab did something like that???(specially Aftab)

and now you can see the newspaper that Bashar is coming back. ICL left him alone. not only him 50 ICLers have been released from ICL and most of them applied and got the permission. but none of the other BD ICLers tried to do that. Rafique said his 1 years' payment from ICL is worth 20 years' of BD. i don't have any complaint about him. he retired a long time ago. but he forgot BD team created a name for him and still he made a comment like this. and Nafees said that he is not coming back. Rubel expressed the same as well. and none of them submitted the letter to BCB yet. everybody is confused now even aftab. who said to newspapers few months back that this is really unfair that we are punished and it's boring to sit in the home and not playing cricket. (believe me they were just trying to make them look so innocent and tried to balme BCB for all of this which wasn't pure truth. they just tried get the sympathy of the cricket fans.they didn't expect that BCB/ICC gonna offer something like this. Now they did and ICLers are showing reasons again.)almost all of them said like these words. now when they are given the chance, they are confuse. don't you guys get it yet that they went for the MONEY and they are gonna stay for the MONEY.

so for wasting your time guys. it's really long. got really emotional

Last edited by Megh; May 25, 2009 at 08:14 AM..
Old May 26, 2009, 05:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

মেঘ ভাই খাইসে আমারে...কঠিন এনালাইসিস...।
Old May 26, 2009, 02:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megh

bro exactly ki mean korlen ami bhuji nei. ektu khola mela koira boilen plz.

................... ..................................................
Bro, what I said is amply clear I guess. May be you want me to say something else, I think we have discussed it before at length.

BCB's mistake is to Ban them. They have the right to retire and chose their career path. BCB can't ban them for that.

Quote:
don't you guys get it yet that they went for the MONEY and they are gonna stay for the MONEY.
There was never a debate about it. I'm sure that No one ever said that they were going for a pilgrimage of cricket. They have the right to chose what they need in life. Just like many of us are doing outside the country.

Why do u think hat they are doomed? You think cricket is limited to 15 national team slots? If they get what they want from playing cricket, they would have achieved their goal of life. It is clear, If their goal was national team, they wouldn't have joined ICL

Infact I'm not sure if I could understand your main point.

Last edited by BANFAN; May 26, 2009 at 02:21 PM..
Old May 26, 2009, 08:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

This thread has turned into one of the best. I love Rafique and I think he can still take wickets in any Intl. match we would play.
Old May 26, 2009, 09:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
BCB's mistake is to Ban them. They have the right to retire and chose their career path. BCB can't ban them for that.
bhaijan BCB ban kora chara upai chilo? ranatunga decided to let the SL ICL players play in the domestic tournament, did you see what BCCI did? why should BCB risk our cricket for just 14 cricketers?
Old May 27, 2009, 10:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Bro, what I said is amply clear I guess. May be you want me to say something else, I think we have discussed it before at length.

Infact I'm not sure if I could understand your main point.
hasshokor kotha bollen bro. tader moddhe koyek jon BCB er sathe contract-e chilo na. but Nafees, dhiman, farhad reza and may be nazimuddin o contracted chilo. apni jodi kono company te job korar jonno tader sathe deal koren. ar koi din por oi company chaira bhalo jaiga te choila jan ami apnare likhito dite pari oi company te jibone apnare back nibo na. akhon apni joto bhalo worker-e hon na keno??? ar eisob cricketer ra ekta desh-er job-e kore. oi jonno taka o pai. jokhon tara kono dhoroner warning/time na diye hotat kore 2 din-e retire kore chole jai. tokhon tu tader ban kora ar na korar moddhe parthokkho ta thake ki??? tara tu sob dhoroner cricket thaika nijerai choila gelo. pore abar eita niya koto hajar kotha tarai bollo. akhon sujog deyar por abar koto bahana. keno BCB er sathe tader contract chilo na jokhon chaira choila gelo???? tokhon tader ethics koi chilo?? akhon eto ethics er kotha bole???

ar apni jemon tader right er kotha bollen je they got the all rights to select their own path. on this same condition BCB has all rights to ban them or kick them out from our cricket as they are the all in all of our cricket.there wasn't any mistake from BCB i guess. BCB pore eisob niya kono kotha bole nei. oi sob ICLers ra borong 2din por por newspapaer hajar dhoroner dosh diya interview korse. ektu bhaiva dekhen basar kajer lok jodi ekta kaj bolar por 2 min deri kore taile dhomok lagaiya den ar choto hoile thappor. tara kintu ek dhorener amader desh-er jonno kaj e kore.

ar amar main point tu bhujen nei??? ok i am making it more clear.ami chai eder moddhe thaika ek jon re o jeno jibon-e maaf na kore. lifetime-er jonno ban kore deya uchit not only for 10 years. Aftab, Alok chara oikhane miss korar moto cricketer nei. ar ora jauar por tu amader team bhaloi perform kortese. then why do we need them???? we are doing good and we should go along them now. forget the past and make the future good.

Last edited by Megh; May 27, 2009 at 10:57 AM..
Old May 27, 2009, 10:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
There was never a debate about it. I'm sure that No one ever said that they were going for a pilgrimage of cricket........
bro please try to get some newspapers of last year. and you will get this message from every newspaper and from every player of DW saying that they are not going for the money. they are going to ICL and leaving BD cricket only because BCB did something unfair to them.
Old May 27, 2009, 03:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megh
........ ektu bhaiva dekhen basar kajer lok jodi ekta kaj bolar por 2 min deri kore taile dhomok lagaiya den ar choto hoile thappor. tara kintu ek dhorener amader desh-er jonno kaj e kore. .............
Megh, I understand your point. All these were discussed at length in a thread immediately after the ICL incident. I dodn't want to restart it.

I quoted the portion, because you are absolutely right about the example. That what many people do and BCB has shown that attitude with our players as well.

I can neither stand these slave like attitude with the 'Kajer Loke' nor can accept BCB behaving with our players like some people do with 'Kajer loke'. Both are illegal and unacceptable. BCB & players relation should not be that of Master & Slave either. That is what is the point. An individual player making a mistake (Even if BCB thinks So) cannot be countered by another mistake from specially an organization.

I can refer you many companies, who will take you back even after you have resigned, if you have the skill they are looking for, infact every professional organization will do that. Resignation isn't necessarily bad. Only if you are fired on valid ground by the organization, then it might get difficult to re-enter.

Any way, we can live with this difference of opinion I guess. I don't find any problem in being a bit liberal with the cricketers/ICLers/any people and allow them to chose their own course of life and career. BCB or some others may not like it but it's unnecessary to be too reactive/vindictive for excercising their rights.

Last edited by BANFAN; May 27, 2009 at 03:38 PM..
Old May 30, 2009, 02:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

I can refer you many companies, who will take you back even after you have resigned, if you have the skill they are looking for, infact every professional organization will do that. Resignation isn't necessarily bad. Only if you are fired on valid ground by the organization, then it might get difficult to re-enter.
giving your resignation is one thing and breaking the code of conduct or the agreement is another thing. when you give a resignation letter to any office there must be rule that you have to let them know before a certain amount of time. am i right bro??? and i you don't do this and you just leave with in 1/2 days. then the results gonna be different bro.

you said the right point about resignation is not that bad. i totally agree. i don't do any job. i have just finished my studies. but i know that every big companies(not totally for BD though) make an agreement before taking someone in. may be a contract of 1 year or more. i think you broke that condition then you can get back. another condition may be included that if you were deciding to resign then you have to let them know at least 1 month ago.

anywayz if we talk about this kinda issue it's gonna go on and on. let's face it bro. you are admirer of BD cricket. me too. from the bottom your heart you tell me what they did and the way they did, was it really fair thing to do??? just yes or no.

the issues they told about leaving, weren't all true. their thoughts made them fool. they thought that Bangladesh Cricket gonna ruin if they left. without them BD cricket has no backbone. so if they do it together BCB bound to take them back to save BD cricket. But you know Almighty is not that cruel. just watch around. after they left we got some really quality players. give them another 1-2 years. they will prove it. on the other hand bro we are doing good immediately they left us alone to suffer. so why talk about them. just keep our faith together and enjoy our cricket. and more than that they made it clear that they are not gonna come back. so why are we arguing???? T20 WC is coming ahead. i bet we are gonna go to semis this time(finger crossed).
Old June 3, 2009, 06:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

The only person I want to return to the team is Aftab, I have missed him.
Old June 7, 2009, 09:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
The only person I want to return to the team is Aftab, I have missed him.
we all did and want him back as well.

but did you guys read today's Prothom-alo?? Nafees & Nazim still saying that going to ICL wasn't a mistake. they are pro cricketer. so they will play cricket wherever it's for BD or some where else.

i really don't know how much committed they will be if they are selected for the team.and last week Nafees said he has no intention to come back. it's changed cause ICL is going nowhere. greedy mind of a useless evil
Old June 7, 2009, 10:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Default Dorbesh Baba

If I had friend in CricInfo. I would ask him if he could use this pic for his player profile. Thats his punishment for big talk. And I will not make any comment about him leaving for ICL.