facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 2, 2003, 03:37 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Indian tigers will eat you up

Do not think that your team would be able to beat India. even without sachin, dravid, srinath, kumble and nehra, we have some other great players like sehwag, yuvraj, kaif, ganguly, zaheer, laxman and others. your team couldnt even beat teams like canada, 3rd placed ICC associate.

I am surprised to see that some members in this board think that Bangladesh can beat India. Also, i am surprised to see so much of support for Bangladesh despite your countries poor perfoemances after poor performances. Maybe we Indians could learn something from you guys.

Old April 2, 2003, 04:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default GOOD COMMENTS AMIT

Yeah we support our team no matter what

That's the way to do.

This time India will be beaten once in Dhaka. Oh yeah.
Once only. Not more than once.
One win is OK for now.

I won't tell you what will happen after 20 years.

Keep thinking!!!!
Old April 2, 2003, 04:46 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Unlike indian fans, we don't stone our cricketers when they fail. Afterall its just a game. We love cricket and we love our cricketers. It doesn't matter how badly they perform, they are still ours. We ocassionally do get mad at them but we still love'em. We just love cricket.

I won't comment on who can beat who, let the team speak for itselft.

[Edited on 2-4-2003 by nasif]
Old April 2, 2003, 05:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Nice post Nasif
Old April 2, 2003, 06:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default SHAHID

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS ? DO not judge others by your own standards.
=====================

James90,

dont try to lift your posts up. i know you are also doing it too.

[Edited on 3-4-2003 by tehsin]
Old April 2, 2003, 11:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Very well said Nasif! No one should lose touch with reality - this is only a game.
Old April 2, 2003, 02:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default well said dude :)

We certainly don't pray to our cricketers....they are no gods...they are fallible.....

Indians are funny in this respect...they have temples dedicated to some of their cricketers...do 'puja' to them...and at other times they burn their effigies ...talk about extremes!
Old April 2, 2003, 02:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I think you ppl are absolutely rite. Specially I appreciate Nasif's comment. For amit we do loose in game but we don't loose our hope. You'll see one day will ( I'm sure it will be very soon) come when you ppl will get crash by our team. So, don't take the pride.

For our poor performance in the world cup I would say that our Bd team seriously lacked team work which resulted in a humiliation. Our poor performan or loosing a game doesn't never mean that we don't have the abililty to perform.

When our time comes we will beat India with Sachin, Dravid or anyone you would like to be included. Kapil may be??.

When did we start our WC? Just last year....so give us some time and we will show the world what we have!!!! Don't try to neglect our team...we made some world records too...

For about being tiger...Indians doesn't deserve to be called tigers (No offence just opinion..be easy)...We are the tigers the Royal Bengal Tigers.

And if you like you can many things from us not only something.

We are this kind of creature that if you guys eat us then you'll die bcz of our poision.

[Edited on 3-4-2003 by ehsan]
Old April 3, 2003, 04:19 AM
Club Cricketer

I once thought that i could convert you bangladeshi supporters into indian supporters. i am surprised to see so much of support for Bangladesh despite their poor performances. Most of all, you guys are quite optimistic. I have seen in this forum that some of you think that Bangladesh can beat India. I am telling one fact to you that your team would never ever be able to beat India.

Someone in this board said that Indians don't deserve to be called tigers whereas Bangladeshis are tigers. This is not correct. We Indians are, were and will be Tigers. We are BORN TIGERS. As for Bangladesh, you deserve to be called CATS. The only way you can be called tigers is when you beat test-playing nations on a regular basis.

I think that Bangladesh has the best support for any cricketing nation. You guys are too quiet. I have never heard of any Bangladeshi burning posters of their cricketers or even praying or worshipping cricketers like gods. I think you always support your team equally no matter what, they lose to Canada or beat Pakistan. I am sure that your team would be able to beat Pakistan this year. Maybe we Indians could learn something from you guys. I think more and more Indians should read the comments posted on this site and learn something about how to support their team.

I am sure that this support would one day make Bangladesh the 2nd Best team in cricket. The best team will be India ofcourse and you would never be able to beat us. I wish BANGLADESH GOOD LUCK against all teams except India. I wish Bangladesh BAD LUCK against India. I also wish Bangladesh Good luck to develop their cricket which is in such a bad situation. It can be possible with the support from you guys.
Old April 3, 2003, 06:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Shahid i really appreciated Nasif's post.....it was deep and i thought it was worth a rap so i gave it......is anything wrong with that

Why does every damn topic end up as a debate about rubbish posts.......CAN WE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE drop it???

[Edited on 3-4-2003 by James90]
Old April 3, 2003, 06:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

yes, i agree with you James90. We should not try and disturb this board. No one should make any rubbish or useless posts. i didnt mean to write anything like that. i apologise to Tehsin bhai and James90 for doing it. even i appreciated Nasif's post.
Old April 3, 2003, 01:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Indians tigers?

is this the same india who conceded 359 runs against australia?
the same bowling attack that took only 2 wickets when even kenya took 5 against the aussies?

India might be better than bangladesh right now.
However, we still hope to win matches just like India hoped to beat australia even though they were trashed by them a number of times.

In the end australia showed the huge gulf in standard between them and india but will that stop india from hoping to win next time they play the aussies?

Admitted that Bangladesh has not won a test so far, dont forget that India has not won a test series outside india against a meaningful opposition for quite some time.

Not long ago most Indians and Pakistanis were confident that they would never lose against sri lanka. However Sri lanka has beaten both of them regularly in the past 7 years.

Old April 4, 2003, 08:28 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Bangladeshis tigers ???

Why do you call yourself tigers even when your team hasn't won any sort of a match at the international level for 4 years now ? Bangladeshis are just CATS who cant even meow.

We Indians are BORN TIGERS and you should know this fact. This fight that who is a tiger and who is not would end over on 11th April when India take on Bangladesh at Dhaka. We would beat you and show you all that INDIANS ARE TIGERS. Our team is definitely far-far better than Australia. You guys are making fun of India just due to a bad match. Let me tell you that this was the 1st WC final for the Indian players as none of them are survivors of the 1983 squad. It was the 3rd final for some of the Australian players and they knew how it was like.

INDIA IS A FAR BETTER TEAM THAN AUSTRALIA and you would see this when India tour Australia this year. We would beat them 3-0 in tests and we wont lose even a single match in the VB Series.

If you really want to call yourself tigers, start beating test-playing nations on a regular-basis. If you are able to do that, only then you can call yourself tigers otherwise be satisfied by calling yourself CATS.
Old April 4, 2003, 10:48 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Is the name TIGERS bought by India?

I am sorry but is the word TIGERS is a brand name bought by India? Because as far as I know, there is no copyright law as to Indians are tigers and so the other teams, especially Bangladesh can't be tigers.

I think this whole Tiger issue is a Bengali thing and since both India and Bangladesh have the same type of culture as well as Bengali, so everybody would think that the name Tiger belongs to them. - no matter what the nationality is.

We don't care about either Australia or India. We only care about Bangladesh and Bangladesh. Even when we - Bangladeshis are beaten all out by both the teams.

I am sure India will beat Bangladesh on 11th April and also (may be) later in the tournament - no question about it.

And about the last paragraph amit, I think we have the right to call ourselves and our team whatever we want, as long as we live.

Old April 6, 2003, 12:39 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Tiger Cubs

For most of the BD team, this was thier first major tournament. Most have them barely played 0-20 first class match in their entire career so it is really sad for anyone to compare their team against Bangladesh. The only teams that can compare BD with them are Kenya (even though this was their THIRD cup, and yes, they had a horrible second world cup in 99. Also, more then half their team were playing their third cup as well when we only had a few), Holland, and maybe even Zimbabwe (long stretch but they are ninth Test team).

So, Amit, this is really pointless of you to come to a BD board and try to compare a 50+ year old team with a 3 year old.
Old April 6, 2003, 11:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Amit is a Psycho!!!!!!!!!!!!

The team who havent won any test outside their country for last 16yrs.... is saying that they are going a beat team like Australia who recently thrashed them......

YOU are TIGERESS in your own country.......AND PUSSY CATS OUTSIDE........
Old April 6, 2003, 11:47 PM
Club Cricketer

It is not only us, BBC and other news media also use the nick name Tiger for Bangladesh Cricket team. It is not for the strength of the team, but because Bangladesh is the home of Bengal tigers. Similarly, they also use Lion for Kenya, Kiwis for New Zeland, etc.

From this point of view, India can be called elephant, as elephant is one of the symbols of India and both India and elephant are big, fat, and slow.
Old April 6, 2003, 11:58 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Let\'s drop this

Let's not give some useless comment more importance then it deserves.

Give us 2-5 years and we will beat India and hopefully /2 the other test nations, and as for Tigers and elephants - we got our name from the 1999 World cup. It also came from the Royal Bengal Tiger as someone pointed out. As Zakir points out, almost every nation has a nick name and as a young cricket nation - we are going to live upto our nick in a few years.

Everything takes time - as almost all the other test nations have found out in the last century.

I am not even worried about the TVS cup, just like million other BD fans becuse we know that we have not been playing test cricket for 40-50 years like the oher two teams.

Our job is to try to put up a brave face. The team spirit is down, we have a lot of young players with minimal experience and this will be a great chane for them to gain some experience. Now, if someone comes from outside and expects to pick a fight because their team have 50 year head start - all we can do is feel sorry for the individual. So, let's drop it. We do not have to step down to anyones level.

Let's focus on BD.
Old April 7, 2003, 12:28 AM
Club Cricketer

Well, I must give the example of football here. IN 1974 Abahani as a champion of Dhaka league went to play IFA Shield in India. They also took top players from other teams. So in practice Bangladesh national team went under the name of Abahani. That year they lost to East Bengal 0-7, Mohon Bagan 0-5, etc. After
about 15 years Bangladesh national team started beating Indian national team (let alone club teams or state teams). BD is the current South Asia champion after beating India in the final. So I think it will happen in cricket also. BD (once just half of an British Indian state) will beat India (with more than 20 states) in Football and cricket within 15 years.

Bangladeshi (or East Bengalis) are the nation who won the war against the Land lords, earned their independence after a glorious liberation war, earned the dignity of their language by giving away their lives, eaned the democracy after a long struggle. So, they are an optimistic and happy nation. So I have no doubt in my mind that our cricketers, with the support of our people will bring glory in cricket, in near future.
Old April 7, 2003, 03:59 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Hear! Hear!!

Excellent post Zakir.
Old April 7, 2003, 04:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Zakir, I just wanted to add to Rajputro's response and commend you on an excellent post. This is the sort of thing we need.
Old April 7, 2003, 07:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Bangladeshi (or East Bengalis) are the nation who won the war against the Land lords, earned their independence after a glorious liberation war, earned the dignity of their language by giving away their lives, eaned the democracy after a long struggle. So, they are an optimistic and happy nation. So I have no doubt in my mind that our cricketers, with the support of our people will bring glory in cricket, in near future.
Best patriotic speech in the history of this board. Ever. You just spoke my mind, Sir. Two thumbs up.
Old August 8, 2003, 12:15 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Indians are tigers

Guys, I am pulling out this post now. I dont want to restart this debate or call/ dont call anyone tigers but before saying anything, read these points.

1. If 2 teams are getting the same name, the better of the 2 teams should get the name. In this case, India is better than Bangladesh, so India gets the name. If ur team beats India, even i would post saying that Bangladeshis are tigers and if India beats ur team, u guys should post that Indians are tigers.

2. I have called ur team Tigers twice, after winning the match against NTCM and also after dominating Australia on the 1st day.

3. I never made any fun of Bangladesh after April and also started supporting Bangladesh whereas u guys have nothing else to do than over-rate Australia and make fun of India

4. INDIA IS A FAR BETTER TEAM THAN AUSTRALIA and the BEST TEST AND ODI TEAM AS WELL and u guys will c this when India beats Aus 4-0 in tests this year and also wins the VB series without losing a match. I said 3-0 win earlier, as i expected the series to be a 3 match one. When i came to know that it was a 4 match series, i have started saying a 4-0 win.

Whats the opinion of u guys, especially non Indians and non Bangladeshis.
Old August 8, 2003, 01:00 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Man I'm sick of this.
Amit, get this clearly into ur brain the titile of tigers belong to Bangladesh now. I don't care what people used to call India before. Currently the "Tigers" are Bangladesh, no matter if they lose or win, I hope you read pompous' post.
I don't care if you call us tigers or not but the fact is we are.

Can we stop talking about India Vs Australia, who is better and who is not. I don't give a **** to India or Australia, this is Bangladesh cricket forum so don't go off-topic. Look at how many times you started saying India is the best Test and ODI team, you feel insecure thats why you are repeating this again & again. If your team is the best then let them do the talking against the Aussies.

Amit, I'm reminding you again no one is here to make fun of India but if you feel like then its your problem brother.
Old August 8, 2003, 01:04 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Forgot to mention one thing. Amit look at name of the Topic "Indian TIgers will eat you up", if you support BD then won't say that ever. Our Moderators are too good that they didn't delete you post. Damit, try understanding you are in Bangladesh cricket forum, don't be offensive.