facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 25, 2003, 08:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default Well water could be killed 3000 Bangladeshis each year

Article

Old June 25, 2003, 09:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Yup! its a serious problem. sigh! I once did a paper on the connection between diabetes melitus and arsenic poisoning.
Old June 25, 2003, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default sounds like a phd paper..

actually it doesn't, I just felt like saying it!!

So what was your major pompous - if you dont' mind!

Bzness related or health related!?

BD's birthrate exceeds its death rate! Leave the problem as it is! - after all we are not producing any Jap talents ... are we?

(stupid comment//ignore)
Old June 25, 2003, 10:17 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Actually it was a project for IB (International Baccalaureate- sp.?) In case you are not familiar with it, it is similar to A-levels i.e. high school degree. My university majors are in Economics and International Development Studies, and if all goes right, I will start law school next year, inshallah.
Old June 25, 2003, 10:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Pompous bhai, I'm pretty confused here. When you have completed your majors in Economics and International Development Studies then y are u moving towards law school? Is it because there isn't much jobs in Economics or u don't like it? Did u already complete a degree yet?

[Edited on 25-6-2003 by ehsan]
Old June 25, 2003, 11:47 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

May be he wants to get into international business law.
Old June 25, 2003, 11:51 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

raj bhai is right, kinda! I always wanted to study law. But in these parts you need an undergraduate degree to get into law school. I want to study corporate law and ethics.
Old July 1, 2003, 08:51 PM
Banned

Pompous - if not already, one day you will be a very learned man, even more than Arnab !!

BD needs citizens like you !!
Old July 1, 2003, 10:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Haha! I knew Pundit had a soft spot for me. That's it. You're given the privilege to give a speech at my wedding, whenever that happens.

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by Arnab]
Old July 2, 2003, 12:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Arsenic poisoning

I noticed the thread moved from the original arsenic issue. That is a huge disaster that is building up like a timebomb. I work with a human rights group that sponsored a pond last year as part of a groundwater reservoir cleanup program. It's an alternative to some of the higher-tech filtration options and seems to work, but the jury is still out somewhat as to what would really be cost effective and implementable.

If you are interested there are some great reference links on the problem and what is being done at the following Drishtipat campaign page:

http://www.drishtipat.org/past/arsenic/index.html
Old July 2, 2003, 05:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Hey Rafiq Bhai, You are doing a great job! I have noticed that you are pretty much active in humanitarian causes! (ie, arsenic, iraq war etc etc)! Keep up the altruistic work! We actually need ppl like YOU! You are THE man!

Now the other discussion:

Quote:
I knew Pundit had a soft spot for me. That's it. You're given the privilege to give a speech at my wedding, whenever that happens.
Well that day may never come! But have your figer crossed - may be a cockeyed girl will look at them one day!!

Now, if I am lucky enough to get married one day, I will rather prefer Pundit's wife (ofcourse with his permission) to give speech at my wedding! That way, THE bride definitly will NOT regret that she isn't marrying a very learned man!

Anyways, this is not my buddys' board - so - sorry :P

By the way Arnab, if you don't mind (mind korar kichu nai) - what are you studying? Uni of Rochester is good for research and medicine.. sooo are you in health related subjects or you in eco too? Again you don't have to answer

added: By the way Rafiq bhai, your name topped the donor list! Good stuff!!

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by Orpheus]
Old July 2, 2003, 09:46 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Thank you Pundit bhai!

but I have no illusions of grandeur I will be glad if I can eke out a living, and make the people around me somewhat happy. After coming to university, I have realised that there is no dearth of smart and learned people. The only big problem I have seen with my peers here (at university) is that a few accolades here and there tends to get to their heads, sometimes.

Rafiq bhai! please keep up the good work. I am proud to know (if you can call this "knowing") someone like you.
Old July 2, 2003, 11:30 AM
Cricket Legend

hey guys, enough already... you will make me cry. being active in good cause 1) doesn't always take a ton of time and is not that hard and 2) doesn't mean you are a card carrying goonda for AL or BNP or Jamaat. That's all I have to say. You guys are young (-er), get involved with something you are passionate about, the rewards cannot always be measured in dolalrs and cents.

btw that donor list was a random list of people, not in any kind of order so being "top" means nothing.