facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive)

FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive) Biggest sporting event in the world. This is time for the sky high excitement.

Old July 9, 2006, 07:21 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

কি আর বলবো, শেষ পর্যন্ত এই! গরুর মত গুতা দিয়ে শেষ বিদায়। সত্যিই দুঃখের বিষয়।
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.

Old July 9, 2006, 07:27 PM
Administrator

I wonder if I could have restrained myself if someone had called me = using euphemisms - use your dictionary and grey cells here = silion particle - offensive term for southern african denizen. Not that tthese were the exact words used but I hope you all get my gist,
Old July 9, 2006, 07:32 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Zunaid bhai - dictionary r thesauras (sp) niye boshchen (not that you need one) money hoi. WELCOME BACK. Never got a callback from you but I forgive you as long as you say that you weren't rooting for Italy.

The guy obviously said something to deserve the headbutt but Zizou should have held back. Given the audience and the venue, I am pretty sure you would have restrained yourself in that situation. Take any action you'd would later, maybe help the guy to an early retirement.
Old July 9, 2006, 08:15 PM
Cricket Legend

What an exit! Unbelievable. I couldn't believe what he was doing. Actually what he was trying to do? He should have considered the situation, it is a world cup final where his team had every chance of wining it and if he could have done that then he would be the happiest person in the world, everyone would respect him. But now its all different.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old July 9, 2006, 08:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

zidane normally stays calm. the analysits here in CTV were sayin that zidane must have heard all the trash talks there is and he never reacted like this. i beleive it was something really bad
Old July 9, 2006, 09:18 PM
Cricket Legend

What a shameful exit for one of Football's alltime greats.
Old July 9, 2006, 09:54 PM
Cricket Legend

i was tryin to upload tha but couldnt............nyway i heard the france team said zidane reacted to some racial comments
Old July 9, 2006, 10:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Here's my theory:

Italians are well known for their means of pulling unfair techniques off the game. (remember the recent "match-fixing" scandals and mafia involvement). This is almost Sopranesque. Perhaps the Italians had put Z.Z. under threat ...if he did not take a dive, death awaited after the game was over with. Materazzi just came over to Zidane and reminded him, "Now is the time..." The rest is all history.
Old July 9, 2006, 10:10 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

The final had 7/8 players from Juventus, the team under investigation over the match fixing (by the team management, not the players). Three of those players played for France.
Old July 10, 2006, 02:50 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

what a shame !!
may be true colour always prevails...!!
that was an absolute shocker and pathetic, esp from a player of Grandpa's profile...
ive bn a loud vocal anti-supporter of France throughout the whole wc,
but i feel sorry for the French fans...

no matter what was the conversation btw Zidane and Materazzi, he should hv never ever done that...

he brought shame to himself and to his country and fans..
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 10, 2006, 03:08 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I am wondering where is our Babubangla bhai :p
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old July 10, 2006, 03:35 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

yeah, I really want to see what he has to say now
Old July 10, 2006, 03:51 AM
Test Cricketer

what a headbutt! must be painful...look at the way he fell down........i'm sure he must have said something racial........
Old July 10, 2006, 07:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Let me state first that, what Zidane did yesterday was wrong , wrong and wrong. But I, like so many others, would want to know what made him snap. He was a few minutes away from a fairy tale ending, whether France won or not. Why did he blow it away? Is sport everything in life? Was he protesting something more important in life? Could he not have done in a more civilized manner? A sad ending to an enjoyable World Cup.
Old July 10, 2006, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i thought i read somewhere on BBC that it was something to do with his mother...can't confirm though, since idon't have the link on me right now...but anyways, one would expect a guy like him to hold his cool rather than go head-butting like that. after all, it was the world cup finals, and his last game in international scoccer. you wouldn't expect someone of his background to get caught up in the moment like that.
Old July 10, 2006, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Zidane outburst not a first

I knew about the 98 WC incident (watched it live, actually), but wasn't aware of the Champion's League ones (two in two straight matches).
Old July 10, 2006, 10:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
i saw the replays and i saw the guy he head butted say something and look on zidane's face changed. i bet it was something really offensive. but i must say zidane shouldnt have done that
I know he is your hero and I do not want to make you feel bad but in sports racial comments, hahaha!!! Maa, bap, bone kau bad jai na ar racial comment tho dud bhat. One must have a hard skin to be a sportsman. Zidane may be a great player for his generation but I am saying it again, He is a dirty player. Even in 98 world cup he got a red. In this world cup, referee missed another of his headbutt. That was head to head contact. Zidane has no class!!
When someone compares him to the greats that is a disgrace for the greats to be named with him.
Old July 10, 2006, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Walks away, head bent, doesn't glance at the FIFA World Cup trophy that could very well have been in his hands an hour later.
Old July 10, 2006, 11:05 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tendulkar

Even lame excuses from Zidane supporters all over the world cannot wash his hands off from this head butting.A true sportsman knows how to carry himself.This head butting it appears is not a one off incident.The whole world saw him what he did,they didn't hear what Marco Materazzi said whether it was racist,personal or whatever.Racial comments or personal abuses(if at all they were)are highly condemnable but to react in that manner headbutting like an animal ,what message he is giving to all those young sportslovers.
Old July 10, 2006, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I am sure babubangla bhai is like... why the hell did I open a thread like this?? The timing sucked... lol
Old July 10, 2006, 11:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Zidane was called "dirty terrorist" so he snapped, lol. he has no skin at all. I have been called worse than that in a Wal-mart parking lot.

http://go.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle....oryID=12793167
Old July 10, 2006, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

other team supporters are gonna bash him all the time. but tell me one thing , u guys never snapped after hearing something really bad. if u say no u r a liar.well zidane snapped at the most important stage of his life. either its abt his mom or him being a muslim and african doesnt matter anymore wats done is done.
those who dislike or hate zidane will be very happy, and those u see zizu as a hero , this thing wont effect them hopefully.
Old July 10, 2006, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

according to zizu's agent everything is gonna come out next week. lets see wat that SOB said to piss off zizu.
i think wat zizu did was wrong but if he was able shut up one racist dbag i m glad.

i m trying to take out my frustration, so excuse my language. i saw someone callin zizu a thug. a thug ok. arent u goin too far.
Old July 10, 2006, 12:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Yes, we all snapped at one time or another. But he snaps too many times in the most important matches.
'98 against South Africa Yellow card.
'98 against Saudi Arabia Red card??? Why???

'06 3 yellow cards and a red card. This is just in WC matches.

He is a professional. The greats don't lose temper time and when the team/country needs him the most. France did lose in the finals because of his absense in the penalty shootout. He is not as great as the media potray.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; July 10, 2006 at 01:13 PM..
Old July 10, 2006, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

france lost because of trezeguet. get that right. he was a sub of henry i beleive. if u look at it, it didnt matter physically but maybe mentaly. but zidane isnt the reason they lost.