facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 13, 2016, 08:27 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Default Eden Gardens, Time for Iceman to Shine

So our pakistan game is in Eden Gardens and Shakib has bowled brilliantly there for KKR in the past. Shakib can guide the team on how to bat and bowl.

Our bowling will be strong with the return of Mustafiz. With Taskin and Al Amin getting early breakthroughs and Mash in good rythm, there are no weak link in this attack. Mustafiz and Taskin can bowl the death overs while Al Amin uses the new ball. Shakib can tie things down in the middle overs. Feeling good about this game

Old March 13, 2016, 09:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Worried about Mushfiqur's keeping liability, and his lack of form with the bat. He wouldn't know what batting is if batting slapped him across the face.

But on topic, yes Shakib owes us many more, let's put it that way. He owes us a quickfire cameo, like the one vs Oman, and also owes us a few unplayable arm balls.
Old March 13, 2016, 09:38 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Eden is a ground for spinners, should we go with 4 pacers?, Sunny's record vs Pak is very good
Old March 13, 2016, 09:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Bangladesh in Eden Gardens. Should be something special. Especially against Pakistan. We might get the support. Will be very very interesting
Old March 13, 2016, 09:51 PM

Shakib should request his Colcatta supporters to pour into Eden Garden to turn it Mirpoor.
Old March 13, 2016, 09:53 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Shakib should request his Colcatta supporters to pour into Eden Garden to turn it Mirpoor.
going by the current trend it might be opposite of that. with the constant bickering of Ind and BD fans Pak might get home support in this match
Old March 13, 2016, 10:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
going by the current trend it might be opposite of that. with the constant bickering of Ind and BD fans Pak might get home support in this match
Ahhh, cricket- the game of glorious "uncertainities"
Old March 13, 2016, 10:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

I cant see west bengalis not supporting Bangladesh. Much less supporting pakistan over us. Will be interesting on so many levels this match though
Old March 13, 2016, 10:07 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Eden is a ground for spinners, should we go with 4 pacers?, Sunny's record vs Pak is very good
I was thinking about the same thing. It is an extremely tough call to drop either taskin or al amin for sunny. I think we will go with 4 pacers in the end
Old March 13, 2016, 10:09 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBhai
I cant see west bengalis not supporting Bangladesh. Much less supporting pakistan over us. Will be interesting on so many levels this match though
Well we are playing Pakistan so i think we will get support in India at least for this game.
Old March 13, 2016, 10:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

We can beat Pak regardless of the venue.

More important, we also play NZ at eden and we have a 7 game win streak vs NZ at home!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 13, 2016, 10:14 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

We have a balanced team. We dont depend on one player like pakistan piggybacks on Amir. Our out of form players are the real concern rather than Hafiz and co. If Tamim and Shabbir goes cheaply then Amir can run through the middle order. If we post 160 we win imo
Old March 13, 2016, 10:23 PM
Test Cricketer

^True. Worried about Mushfique's form and also Shakib's batting to an extent. We don't have a good no 7 yet. None of Nasir, Mithun or Nurul gives me any confidence.
Old March 13, 2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Healthy rivalry, discussions, arguments all helps to grow, but have to be based on good reasoning and facts. No one on either side would feel comfortable if there is element of being hurt. Fans should realize that they love their team, players, even nation, therefore any sort of baseless arguments w/o evidence actually hurts, then leads to mocking, trolling and what not. At the end few even gets ban, these has to be stopped.

I don't like the atmosphere here gone down to typical subcontinent cricket forum, it has to be stopped from both side to keep BC unique.
Old March 13, 2016, 11:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Jadukor bhai, is Fiz 100% recovered for this Pakistan game? Is it a big worry that it's his 1st away game? Can our batsmen carry the batting side of things knowing how SS, Shakib and Musfiq is doing? We can't rely on Tamim, Sabbir and Riyad for this...
Old March 13, 2016, 11:20 PM
Cricket Legend

We need an addtional spinner for sure. Can Arafat play? When his result is due?

If we can post 160 I think we have a high chance. Btw, anyone knows if win toss and batting first is a good option?

On topic i am sure Shakib will the major contributor if we win.
Old March 13, 2016, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naim519
Can our batsmen carry the batting side of things knowing how SS, Shakib and Musfiq is doing? We can't rely on Tamim, Sabbir and Riyad for this...
Soumya has Pak's number. He has them all figured out, so don't worry about SS in this one.
Shakib played a very smart innings vs Oman if you saw the game, and he can carry that type of cameo form into Wed.

Mushfiq is a huge worry though. Total lamb on an abattoir. Just waiting to be slaughtered by the Pak quicks.
Old March 13, 2016, 11:28 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Well in Eden Gardens there was a game between WI and Australia and WI chased down 160 odd. So batting second does not seem to be a big problem. We have to see how the second game between Pakistan and Sri Lanka goes at Eden and what sort of totals teams put up batting first.

My view is that between Taskin Al Amin Mustafi Shakib and Mash all of them will never go at more than 8 an over. One or two of them may get hit but not all 5. So any target which requires an asking run rate of 8 or more, we will have a fighting chance right till the end with our bowlers
Old March 13, 2016, 11:31 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

I think we have a good chance. Venue, team, recent success...everything is on our favor. Just need to pick the right team. I would keep the 4 pacers and drop Mithun for Sunny. If our 6 batsman can't do it, 1 extra batsman can't do it either. On top of that, Mash is more than decent!
Old March 13, 2016, 11:37 PM
Test Cricketer

The key will be Shoaib Malik. Get him out quickly. He can take the game away from us. He is also their best spinner, i reckon. He bowled only one over in last game and gave 3 runs and for some weid reason Afridi didn't bowl him more. Sarfaraz/Afridi are hit and miss, so are akmal and hafeez. But I think Shoaib Malik has become much more mature player and has enough experience.

Pakistan will be under pressure. Their first game against us in India, that too in Kolkata. Plus losing continously to us for last yr will be in back of their mind.

If we can play professionally like we r playing now, it will another normal day at the office.
Old March 13, 2016, 11:40 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I don't think any sane Indian would support Pakistan against BD. We are going to get support from our Indian Bangali brothers.

Shakib knows every inches of Eden. I am sure he will be pumped up to perform there.
Old March 13, 2016, 11:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I don't think any sane Indian would support Pakistan against BD. We are going to get support from our Indian Bangali brothers.

Shakib knows every inches of Eden. I am sure he will be pumped up to perform there.
Indians usually support Pakistan against Bangladesh.
Old March 14, 2016, 12:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman

Opar Bangla usually supports Epar Bangla unless we are playing India, which makes sense. If the opposition is Pakistan, all the more reason to support us.
Old March 14, 2016, 12:02 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Indians usually support Pakistan against Bangladesh.
On the internet that might be true but i would be surprised if that is the case with regular folks in Kolkata
Old March 14, 2016, 12:11 AM
Cricket Legend

A bunch of Lallus outside Bengal who get worked up about a random Facebook post (no matter how objectionable) is not representative of Indians' views about our cricket team.