facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 3, 2010, 09:45 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Probable 11 for the First ODI

Probable 11 for the First ODI

Bangladesh (probable) 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Imrul Kayes, 3 Mohammad Ashraful, 4 Shakib Al Hasan (capt), 5 Raqibul Hasan, 6 Mahmudullah, 7 Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), 8 Naeem Islam, 9 Abdur Razzak, 10 Rubel Hossain, 11 Shafiul Islam

Source:
http://www.cricinfo.com/tri-bdesh201...ry/442177.html

I was desperate to see at least Shahriar Nafees in the 11 man squad. Little disappointed. Let's see what Imrul delivers. Otherwise good and balanced team.

Old January 3, 2010, 09:54 AM
Cricket Legend

I think JS still has a issue with former ICLers. Do we still want to play for respectable totals or do we play for win?
Old January 3, 2010, 09:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

No Rasel?
Old January 3, 2010, 09:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
I think JS still has a issue with former ICLers. Do we still want to play for respectable totals or do we play for win?
ICLers are ahamori kisu na. We don't have any bradman's in the rank. We may see SN in this series.
Old January 3, 2010, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
No Rasel?
It's cricinfo's guess. My guess is that Rasel will be in. Rubel + Shafiul against Dilshan + Sangakkara = disaster.
Old January 3, 2010, 10:40 AM
Cricket Legend

shaiful might start i wonder how it will be
Old January 3, 2010, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Actually, this looks like more than just a guess:

Quote:
Bangladesh have announced that their rookie right-arm seamer, Shafiul Islam, will make his debut. He will partner Rubel Hossain, one of their finds last year. However, the ICL returnees, Aftab Ahmed and Shahriar Nafees, will not be playing. The same goes for Syed Rasel and Shahadat Hossain, who replaced Nazmul Hossain. Shafiul was one of the leading wicket-takers in the club scene last season.
"We have tried all bowling combinations for seamers, so we are going with another one now," said Siddons. "We have nothing to lose out in trying. He (Shafiul) has got a lot of tricks up his sleeve. He does a few things with the ball so I'm really excited. Shafiul and Rubel could go for a few runs or they could do very well. This is an ideal opportunity for them and we have confidence in them."

So now I'm really interested to see if this Shafi chap is as good as they think he is. There's literally zero experience in the fast bowling department. If things go wrong, Shakib, Razzak and Mahmudullah will have to share most of the burden. Naeem's good but needs to prove himself. Then again, so do Mahmudullah and the new Razzak.
Old January 3, 2010, 12:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think Sharier Nafees would've been better instead of Imrul, but besides this, I have litte to complain about the batting order. But they shouldve kept Rasel as he couldve atleast provided valuable advice to the more inexperienced Shafiul/Rubel but now, both Shafiul and Rubel are rookies
Old January 3, 2010, 12:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
ICLers are ahamori kisu na. We don't have any bradman's in the rank. We may see SN in this series.
agreed! Imrul and SN match each other from strength to strength. Good to see Imrul back.
Old January 3, 2010, 01:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Imrul deserves it ahead of SN. Let SN sweat it out in the dressing room for a few days. He will get his chance.
Old January 3, 2010, 01:12 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

yeah, i guess rasel will pair up with shafiul. cric info just guessing line up. most time they are not accurrate in line up.

BD will miss mostly najmul's accurracy and recent form.he will be more missed than mashrafe.
Old January 3, 2010, 01:16 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaz
Probable 11 for the First ODI

Bangladesh (probable) 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Imrul Kayes, 3 Mohammad Ashraful, 4 Shakib Al Hasan (capt), 5 Raqibul Hasan, 6 Mahmudullah, 7 Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), 8 Naeem Islam, 9 Abdur Razzak, 10 Rubel Hossain, 11 Shafiul Islam

Source:
http://www.cricinfo.com/tri-bdesh201...ry/442177.html

I was desperate to see at least Shahriar Nafees in the 11 man squad. Little disappointed. Let's see what Imrul delivers. Otherwise good and balanced team.

if nafees was good, kayes was even better in the last completed domestic league. so to be fair, he deserves a call before nafees, I guess. nafees/ aftab could come only in place of ASH. however, probably Ash has a first go and if he fails ( I hope not ), then there would be chance for the rests, this time the competition for ash is a bit tougher.

Only concern is the absense of rasel despite mash and nazmul's injury, but the coach has his own view and explained the cause reasonably. ... a reasonable choice or first 11 fr the first game, I think.
Old January 3, 2010, 01:24 PM
Cricket Legend

so tamim and kayes will open..good luck to both of them
Old January 3, 2010, 01:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawaherul
if nafees was good, kayes was even better in the last completed domestic league. so to be fair, he deserves a call before nafees, I guess. nafees/ aftab could come only in place of ASH. however, probably Ash has a first go and if he fails ( I hope not ), then there would be chance for the rests, this time the competition for ash is a bit tougher.

Only concern is the absense of rasel despite mash and nazmul's injury, but the coach has his own view and explained the cause reasonably. ... a reasonable choice or first 11 fr the first game, I think.
exactly......rasel could have been a good choice with mash or nazmul, but with both of them out, shafiul and rubel make a good sense since u can't deny shafiul's chance after his domestic spells and especially for mash and nazmul being unavailable.....but shafiul and rasel would have offered very little pace....this is where rubel makes a good partner of shafiul (i am hoping)......as far as, sn or aftab, one should only replace # 3 at an appropriate time....
Old January 3, 2010, 01:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Pace attack is immature - we will lose in first ten overs of opponent batting or create a chance to win.