facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 9, 2015, 08:27 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Besides the high-pressure circumstances in which this game was won, I think what made this victory all the more exceptional was the manner in which we played that confounded all stereotypes about our cricket.

Our batting was not set up by a spark of flickering brilliance ala Ashraful circa 2007 but by a SR 75 century by a solid but unfancied batsman; our bowling was crushing the English batsmen using genuinely quick seam bowlers rather than suffocating them with canny left-arm spin; we were not reliant on the world's number one allrounder to claw us back to respectability with bat or ball or both; and our heads did not droop, come what may, because of our unbreakable-motivator-of-a-captain who individually delivered the best end-overs spell of his career.

Old March 9, 2015, 08:29 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar,Shane Wa

Quote:
Originally Posted by prtikul
I have a feeling that Moeen bhai & Root will be key batsmen from England tomorrow, Bhai likes attacks similar to Srilanka & India in LOIs. (Get him early with short stuff) I hope you don't loose many wickets against him while trying to slog after initial pressure from Anderson & Broad like we do. Need to have off day from Finn as well.

Someone need to step up & play knock like 80 odd runs in 60 balls to change momentum in middle or lower middle order. If you have to bat first, initial target should be 280 rather than trying to go for 330 from the start & then falling way short of that. You may score above 300 if played with strategy of maintaining run rate of 5 to 5.5 in first 30 overs & loosing only 2 or 3 wickets.

Chasing is going to be tricky in Australia under light. In that case anything can happen either huge loss or very close finish if target is below 320.
Wow, Bangladesh played & executed almost perfect plan. Fast bowlers were real difference in the end but you reached good score of 275 while batting first despite failure of your best batsman. After 30 overs run rate was almost 5 with loss of four wickets (maybe one more than ideal).

Rahim played that brilliant knock which made real difference in the end. Without those knocks 100 by sheet anchors with 20 to 30 runs scored less than balls faced are often turns into in loosing cause like Tendulkar's 100th hundread. Suresh Raina played those knocks for us against Pakistan in 2011 & 2015 WC to assist slow innings of Tendulkar & Kohli.

Bangladesh is really improving in batting department in LOIs as players like Rahim able to able to swaitch gears & play positive cricket like that which was maybe missing from your team before 2007.
Old March 9, 2015, 08:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Anyone know of the song they played after we won.. bangali bangali something..lmao
Old March 9, 2015, 08:42 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

I just read all the posts u guys put in bc.....I'm at work....I'm crying in the office....can't even imagine what we achieve....finally Allah approved us for seeing the bigger world. Thanks to Allah malik....I'm so much happy today.....I'm already declared pizza party at my work....although they don't know what cricket?.....but Allah gave something I'm still crying....but with love. Now times for fly our flag high.....Bangladesh keep dancing:fl ag:
Old March 9, 2015, 08:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Al hamdulillah.
All praise and gratitude belongs to Allah.
Old March 9, 2015, 08:53 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

What a day, what a win! My best day ever and the biggest gift that I got from the Tigers since I joined this forum exactly 7 years back, just couldn't have asked anything more. Starting from the BD win to clinch the first ever QF berth, successful match thread, BC anniversary, fantasy leagues; simply everything went my way, thank you Allah.
Old March 9, 2015, 08:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Jitei to gelam bhaiz and apa ra ... ... ...
Old March 9, 2015, 09:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Besides the high-pressure circumstances in which this game was won, I think what made this victory all the more exceptional was the manner in which we played that confounded all stereotypes about our cricket.

Our batting was not set up by a spark of flickering brilliance ala Ashraful circa 2007 but by a SR 75 century by a solid but unfancied batsman; our bowling was crushing the English batsmen using genuinely quick seam bowlers rather than suffocating them with canny left-arm spin; we were not reliant on the world's number one allrounder to claw us back to respectability with bat or ball or both; and our heads did not droop, come what may, because of our unbreakable-motivator-of-a-captain who individually delivered the best end-overs spell of his career.

Could not resist myself posting at work . Nicely put.

Old March 9, 2015, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Al hamdulillah.
All praise and gratitude belongs to Allah.
Ameen to that
Old March 9, 2015, 09:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo

This is what my Indian colleagues are telling me they're afraid of and why they'd rather have faced Eng. They can't believe Tamim, Shak and Imrul went MIA and we still pulled off an astounding win. They also felt the pace attack looked menacing for a flat pitch.
Old March 9, 2015, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

So here was my prediction on page 38 right after Mahmudullah got to his century. Not as accurate as my prediction in the last match against Sco but not too shabby either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Prediction time:
BD 285/6
Eng 248 all out
Old March 9, 2015, 10:23 AM
ODI Cricketer

After a long time, had to come in and congratulate you guys. Congrats BD and for me Mushfiq made the difference. Rock on !

Cheers !
Old March 9, 2015, 10:27 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
This is what my Indian colleagues are telling me they're afraid of and why they'd rather have faced Eng. They can't believe Tamim, Shak and Imrul went MIA and we still pulled off an astounding win. They also felt the pace attack looked menacing for a flat pitch.
wait what? people are surprised imrul went missing? apnar colleague ki bengalipagol naki?
Old March 9, 2015, 10:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Kudos to Mike Atherton, Nice Call on the final Wicket.
Old March 9, 2015, 10:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

If your in Australia get those QF tickets now for the MCG game next Thursday. I want to see a large contingent of Bangladesh fans to counter all the Indian supporters.
Old March 9, 2015, 10:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
wait what? people are surprised imrul went missing? apnar colleague ki bengalipagol naki?
I can't say no with a high level of certainty. Could be BP undercover LOL.

I think the reason they know about Kayes is because they read about him during the last WC when he won two MOMs.
Old March 9, 2015, 11:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
excited about this match!
go royal bengal tigers ! crush the english lions !!
see ? I told you !!
Old March 9, 2015, 11:40 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Good Luck Bangladesh. My first post in match thread for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
^ and NOW we're doomed!
HMM did not notice your post. So are we doomed ?
Old March 9, 2015, 12:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Riyad should get a county contract and so should Mushfiqur haha
Old March 9, 2015, 01:16 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
HMM did not notice your post. So are we doomed ?
Yes we are! We're so screwed in QF.
Old March 9, 2015, 01:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padosan
After a long time, had to come in and congratulate you guys. Congrats BD and for me Mushfiq made the difference. Rock on !

Cheers !
How are you my friend. Thanks for logging in. yes, we did perform today!!
Old March 9, 2015, 01:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Congratulations Razi

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old March 9, 2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
What a day, what a win! My best day ever and the biggest gift that I got from the Tigers since I joined this forum exactly 7 years back, just couldn't have asked anything more. Starting from the BD win to clinch the first ever QF berth, successful match thread, BC anniversary, fantasy leagues; simply everything went my way, thank you Allah.
Congrats Tiger Razi!
Old March 9, 2015, 06:41 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Ok I think it's time we talk about the things that went wrong. Right? Not too soon. The thread has been unsticky-ed.

So. Starting with the line up. In what world does it make sense to start a guy who flew halfway across the world less than 30 hrs ago? He didn't even get enough practice. Let's not even talk about Imrul's selection. Why Imrul? We have a backup WK opener waiting back home, who's been getting some attention. He should replace the injured backup WK opener. Simple.

Bringing in a spinner without dropping another bowler was a good idea. So decision to finally start have a 4th full timer was a delight. But in expense of Nasir? Didn't make sense. Again, ties back to starting Imrul.

Not scoring enough runs in last the 10 overs with 6 wickets in hand, that too, after playing a solid batting PP. New ODI rules, short sided field, two set batsmen, wickets in hand. And England had only 2 full time out of form bowlers. So 275 on any other day, vs a confident side wouldn't have been enough. And it almost wasn't. If Jos Butler didn't gift his wicket, if Woaks had kept the strike after getting dropped, this game wouldn't have ended much differently.
Old March 9, 2015, 07:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Nobody is perfect. I don't know about Shakib but Tamim definitely is not.