facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 16, 2013, 08:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan

TIGER FRIENDS!!!..my dear TIGER FRIENDS!!!..how are you today?

Well what can i say? We finally managed to put out a side that made COMMON SENSE and the result was evident!!..even though we had a major blow with Solozano missing out due to injury bringing back Chanderpaul was what i was calling for and today he showed his class!!..him sticking around for so long meant we didn't collapse as quickly as we had in the previous games. Pooran also showed why he's so highly regarded.

And as for the pacers!!..well they were just fantastic!!..Jordan is getting rave reviews and i think he'll probably be making his first class debut early next year, while MCsween showed all the skills he has in his locker!!..he was moving it left and right and was just too much for the Bangledash batters!!..

I know i poured scorn on this side after the third defeat but i did say we have a good base here!!..if they bring in the two or three batters who SHOULD have been picked in the first place i.e Brian Christmas and Aaron Jones then i think we can do well in the next u19 world cup.

The tigers battled but it's just spin, spin, spin and for me Bangledash cricket won't move forward a great deal when spinners are your best bowlers from u19 level all the way up to the test side.

Our boys have been an embarrassment in this series!!..but we can see pacers like Jordan, Mcsween and Joseph coming through!!..and in the batting area Chanderpaul, Solozano and Hetmyer!!..you have to have balance in how your youngeters come through.
Is it gonna be national holiday tomorrow in WI? Don't forget to post celebration pictures here.

Old October 16, 2013, 08:29 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Lol love that guys reaction, so predictable!!

according to him if BD wins then WI team isn't the best they have put together, if WI wins then its the best team they have put together

how immature can you get, asholei!
Old October 16, 2013, 09:11 PM
Cricket Guru

First time in this thread.....must say, the posts here made me chuckle.
Old October 16, 2013, 09:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Oh man, we got smacked this time round. Hoping to secure the series next game.
Old October 16, 2013, 09:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

From Facebook-

বাংলাদেশ অনুর্ধ্ব-১৯ দলের সদস্য মুনিম
শাহরিয়ারের স্ট্যাটাস-
"আবারও ম্যান অফ দ্যা ম্যাচ আম্পায়ার .
ভাগ্যের কি নির্মম পরিহাস .... সিরিজ
জয়ের জন্য
নোংরা খেলায় মত্ত WI. ... আমরা ১১ vs
ওরা ১৩ !!! এক ম্যাচ এ
৫টা আউট ভুল!!!
পোড়া কপাল আর জোরা নিল না . ২,২
টা দিনই ভ্যাম্পায়ারের
ভুল ডিসিশন এ আউট হইলাম.
(মন্দভাগ্য :: মুনিম , মোসাদ্দেক , জসিম ,
মিরাজ , সাঈদ )"
সিরিজে ৩-১ এ এগিয়ে ছিলাম আমরা!
গতকালকের ম্যাচ জিতলে আমাদের
সিরিজ জিতা হয়ে যেত ওয়েস্ট
ইন্ডিয়ানরা সিরিজ
বাঁচাতে আম্পায়ারকে হাত করলো।
আম্পায়ার আমাদের ৫ জন
ব্যাটসম্যানকে ভুল আউট দেন যার
ফলে আমরা ম্যাচ হেরে যাই ৬৭ রানে
Old October 16, 2013, 10:21 PM
First Class Cricketer

TIGER FRIENDS!!

Why so bitter? your boys have done well but all along i said they were the more settled team who had had match practice in England in august while our boys sat on their backsides!!..today it was do or die and thankfully our boys finally stood up and showed what they were made of!!..i praised your team when they won so come on!!..lets be fair here .

The reality is Bangledash couldn't have come up against a less settled side in conditions that suit them down to the ground!!..so really you still SHOULD win the series!!..but the important thing is who can step up to the senior side from this group for your team? because i see five or six from ours who are bound to make it and that's all i care about at the end of the day.
Old October 16, 2013, 10:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

This thread is hilarious, they lost but still leading the series so pick yourselves up and get back into the winning mode.
Old October 16, 2013, 10:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Mosaddek and possibly jubair and shanto, but if WI have so many in their team that can make the national team in years to come then they should be thrashing this BD team.
Old October 16, 2013, 10:46 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh899
From Facebook-

শাহরিয়ারের স্ট্যাটাস-
জয়ের জন্য
ওরা ১৩ !!! এক ম্যাচ এ
৫টা আউট ভুল!!!
টা দিনই ভ্যাম্পায়ারের
ভুল ডিসিশন এ আউট হইলাম.
মিরাজ , সাঈদ )"
ইন্ডিয়ানরা সিরিজ
আম্পায়ার আমাদের ৫ জন
Remember the WI vs Zim odi?
Old October 16, 2013, 10:50 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Mosaddek and possibly jubair and shanto, but if WI have so many in their team that can make the national team in years to come then they should be thrashing this BD team.
lol man in one match this team became from worst to best, this guy even puts us subcontinentals to shame
Old October 16, 2013, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Mosaddek and possibly jubair and shanto, but if WI have so many in there team that can make the national team in years to come then they should be thrashing this BD team.
Not quite. West Indies are no more the world beaters of the 80s and 90s where the team depth had many Richards, Lloyds, Garners etc. The depth is no longer there and as you can see they share the bottom half of the ICC Test and ODI rankings with us. Even if all the boys are good enough to graduate into the senior team, the current 3-2 score line just shows how the gap between the two has narrowed.
Old October 16, 2013, 11:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
From what i've seen Chanderpaul is certain, Pooran already plays for the Trinidad senior team even though he's just turned 17 and Solozano has a big chance as does Hetmyer. From the bowlers Jordan looks like another Roach, Joseph is only 16 but looks very decent indeed and Mcsween showed today that he's a very good left-arm seamer!!..but all of those players haven't played in the same eleven together yet.

There's only so much an INDIVIDUAL can do!!..you can have four decent players in a team but if the other seven are crap then more often than not you're gonna lose, and that's what's been happening in this series thus far apart from the two games we won.
Old October 16, 2013, 11:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Not quite. West Indies are no more the world beaters of the 80s and 90s where the team depth have many RIchards, Lloyds, Garners etc. The depth is no longer there and as you can see they share the bottom half of the ICC Test and ODI rankings with us. Even if all the boys are good enough to graduate into the senior team, the current 3-2 score line just shows how the gap between the two has narrowed.
Hold on a minute!!..we're ranked 5th in the test rankings!!..and can go into fourth if we win in India or NZ over the next three months!!..you might think that the u19 series is some sort of "gap closer" but the truth is our A-team beat yours in the caribbean around 18 months ago, then our academy travelled to Bangledash last year and beat your academy easily in a four day game!!..and we all know what happened in the last test series our two senior teams played against eachother last year!!..so i'm not sure any "gap" has been closed to be honest.
Old October 16, 2013, 11:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh899
From Facebook-

শাহরিয়ারের স্ট্যাটাস-
জয়ের জন্য
ওরা ১৩ !!! এক ম্যাচ এ
৫টা আউট ভুল!!!
টা দিনই ভ্যাম্পায়ারের
ভুল ডিসিশন এ আউট হইলাম.
মিরাজ , সাঈদ )"
ইন্ডিয়ানরা সিরিজ
আম্পায়ার আমাদের ৫ জন
can you give me the page link please ?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old October 16, 2013, 11:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

And btw i have to mention your wicket-keeper Jashimuddin who was caught CHEATING today when he claimed Coleman had "hit his wicket" when infact the camera's actually showed it was his PAD that took the bail off the stump and not Coleman's bat!! . Honestly on a celebration day like yesterday he goes and lies like that? that's why the result is so sweet for our boys!!.
Old October 16, 2013, 11:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by riajul
can you give me the page link please ?

https://www.facebook.com/TigersArmy?hc_location=stream
Old October 17, 2013, 12:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
And btw i have to mention your wicket-keeper Jashimuddin who was caught CHEATING today when he claimed Coleman had "hit his wicket" when infact the camera's actually showed it was his PAD that took the bail off the stump and not Coleman's bat!! . Honestly on a celebration day like yesterday he goes and lies like that? that's why the result is so sweet for our boys!!.
By reading this thread and looking at the scorecard and most importantly reading the Facebook status of the players it was very clear our batsmen got robbed from a certain victory. 5 batsmen were given out who were not out!

This result don't count. Shameful acts by West Indian umpires. Worse yet, some fans are proud to be winner that way. Pity they can't win without the help from their own umpires.
Old October 17, 2013, 12:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
thanks.

Old October 17, 2013, 12:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Hold on a minute!!..we're ranked 5th in the test rankings!!..and can go into fourth if we win in India or NZ over the next three months!!..you might think that the u19 series is some sort of "gap closer" but the truth is our A-team beat yours in the caribbean around 18 months ago, then our academy travelled to Bangledash last year and beat your academy easily in a four day game!!..and we all know what happened in the last test series our two senior teams played against eachother last year!!..so i'm not sure any "gap" has been closed to be honest.
Well 3 years ago BD whitewashed WI in WI in Test and ODI. Last time BD drew one and lost one in a closely contested Test. So the gap is not much at all. We failed to make good spinning tracks otherwise we could have beat WI in that series too. Our spinners are definitely better than WI and that's a fact. In ODI, WI sits right above BD and in fact BD was above WI for a short time as well...

With right kind of pitch and good team selection coupled with good gameplan BD can and will best WI regardless where they play, considering BD don't get robbed by the umpires.....
Old October 17, 2013, 01:05 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

r koto ai betake sojjho korte hobe?
Old October 17, 2013, 01:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Smile GAP nt closing?!!! funny..

haahaha! dis guy is suffering frm SHORT-TERM MEMORY LOSS. here is d proof
* he hopes 4 a test win agt india whr mighty aussies wr whitewashed only recently. DAYDREAMING, r8???
* he 4got hw windies narrowly escaped a whitewash in d last odi series agt us. which was sketched in dat "61 run" shame in earlier tour!!!
*their mighty 'legends' like gayle, pollard, narine were made to look like novices in all those matches/series...
GAYLE LOOKED, SORRY
GAYLE LOOKED PALE, oh! GAYLE
NARINE WAS PUNISHED
CRUSHED LIKE TANGERINE, oh! NARINE
POLLARD SPOKE LOT
BUT GOT SMACKED HARD, oh! POLLARD
RUSSEL GOT BEATEN
SENT HALF WAY TO HELL, oh! RUSSEL
* still if d GAP isn't closing, dn some1 of us has 2 see a psychologist sooon¿¿¿¿¡¡¡¡¡¡.
Quote:

Last edited by jisaan; October 17, 2013 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: modification
Old October 17, 2013, 01:57 AM
Administrator

আজকে থেকে চল সবাই একে সম্পূর্ণ ভাবে উপেক্ষা করি
Old October 17, 2013, 02:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
From what i've seen Chanderpaul is certain, Pooran already plays for the Trinidad senior team even though he's just turned 17 and Solozano has a big chance as does Hetmyer. From the bowlers Jordan looks like another Roach, Joseph is only 16 but looks very decent indeed and Mcsween showed today that he's a very good left-arm seamer!!..but all of those players haven't played in the same eleven together yet.

There's only so much an INDIVIDUAL can do!!..you can have four decent players in a team but if the other seven are crap then more often than not you're gonna lose, and that's what's been happening in this series thus far apart from the two games we won.
your logic is flawed because if this applies to your team then it also applies to the BD team.

oh and mosaddek and jashimuddin are the only 2 in the BD team that have played any form of list A or FC cricket. the fact of the matter is despite this BD team not having many stellar prospects it's still beating your team that is supposedly half stacked with tremendous prospects yet BD are leading the series 3-2. i don't care what excuses you come up with if WI was that good they wouldn't be losing the series and obviously the level between WI and BD has closed because a not so great BD u19 team is outperforming a supposedly quite decent WI u19 team.

and as you can see when this BD u19 team loses we aren't coming up with excuses saying the team is great one minute horrible the next and they didn't play the strongest XI and conditions didn't suit etc all those factors are part of cricket, if you don't like the variables then don't follow the game.
Old October 17, 2013, 03:25 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

Quote:
Bro, where are the celebration pictures? What did you guys do to celebrate this historic moment? Was it felt like "Xmas has come to carribean early this year" ?
Win is so common for our U19 boys, even if they win worldcup, BD govt may not declare holiday, in that sense you guys are lucky, so jealous of you guys!
Btw, do you still think WI should participate in U19 world cup or ICC should just give WorldCup trophy to you? Let us know, we will do whatever we can as fan.
Old October 17, 2013, 04:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunaid
আজকে থেকে চল সবাই একে সম্পূর্ণ ভাবে উপেক্ষা করি
আমি আপনার সাথে একমত |একটা দুই বছরের বাচ্চার সাথে তর্ক করে সময় নষ্ট করে কোনো লাভ নাই |