facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 13, 2011, 02:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.
Default Good Bye Coach : The official Jamie Siddons Farewell thread.

I know another thread exists. But, that one is a send-off, rather than a farewell. We would like show that we are grateful for his services to our national cricket team. Just as no man is perfect, Jamie had his weaknesses in the shorter former of the game, but overall, his pros heavily outweighs the cons. We are a respectable test outfit because of him. This is not the thread to make him out to be a villain, but a simple token of appreciation from a huge number of fans who rightly think that he has served us very well. I believe the players echo the same sentiment.

Show Coach Siddons that we care that he cared. Send him a standing ovation and a big Thank You. Maybe, Coach will take a look here and see that BC knows how to send a proper farewell, as well.

signed : Thank You Coach Siddons.

Old April 13, 2011, 02:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Signed...

Indeed he tried and developed temperment of some players in batting. The temperment and focus were missing especially in the test cricket batting. Thanks for your service and wish you all the best.
Old April 13, 2011, 03:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Honestly, it was actually sad to see him for the last time in the Bangladesh dressing room. I got a little emotional myself. Best of luck in your next job, coach.

Thank you Jamie
Old April 13, 2011, 03:09 PM
Banned

So Siddons has a lot of problems, right ? I think those can be solved fairly quickly. That's why we fans have been able to provide solutions to them.

But be grateful of his contributions. He's taken our weakest link up the pedestal by quite a few hops. Many of you have identified why he has not used player X at position Y and such. Knowing how inconsistant our players are, he instead chose to develop them into positions.

Anyway, Beamerzzz thread here is a great one, and a perfect opportunity for us to climb off our high horse and acknowledge that we are many steps ahead now thanks to coach Siddons, towards attaining our ultimate goal - respect in the Cricketing community.
Old April 13, 2011, 03:10 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Thank you for your effort. Pity it did not work out as it should have been.

Good Bye and wish all the best in your next assignment, Wherever it is.
Old April 13, 2011, 03:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Good bye, coach!

We appreciate all the good works you have done. You will be fondly remembered in Bangladesh cricket history. All the best to you and your family.
Old April 13, 2011, 03:19 PM
Club Cricketer

Bangladesh cricket has never been respectable. During a time of uncertainty and the horrors after 07 world cup, Siddons took over the team and our young players grew and became better. I would have never imagined a series where we scored 200+ in all our games against Australia. Whether you like it or not Siddons has help started an upward trend in Bangladesh cricket.
Old April 13, 2011, 03:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

I haven't seen the last game so I missed his interactions with the players. But one of the Cricinfo pics shows his age that he gathered training our novice cricketers. It surely indeed took a toll on him, almost the same way Obama is suferring fixing US problems.

Regardless of his lackings, like any coach there will be, he deserves a warm farewell from evryone just because even after all the trumoil, unlike Dave Whatmore, Jamie Siddons still wanted to be part of our improvement process. Thanks Jamie Siddons, wish you and your family all the best.
Old April 13, 2011, 03:22 PM
First Class Cricketer

Although Jamie siddons was bit biased in some cases but I felt he is an Honest good men and gave his 100%. Just read that in Cricinfo this piece and made me bit emotional. As a nation we are emotional and we made a Hardcore Professional Aussie an emotional one-

"There was plenty of emotion in his voice when he spoke of bidding farewell to Shakib and the rest of the team. "I love these boys, I've told them how much I loved working with them, and how much I think they've improved," Siddons said. "Each and every one of them told me how much they thought they'd improved, and that's why I coach, so I'll go away from here a very happy man."
Old April 13, 2011, 03:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

I know that you gave it your all and were genuinely passionate and believed in our cricket. I will always remember the incredible moments we witnessed under your coaching. You are and will always be an integral part of Bangladesh cricket history. Thank you and best of luck Coach Siddons!
Old April 13, 2011, 03:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

appreciate this thread.

Thank you Jamie & good luck.
Old April 13, 2011, 03:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Thank you coach! In my opinion, you're the best coach we have had. You have mentored our young players like Tamim and Shakib well and turned them into world class players. Bangladesh cricket is better because of you!

All the best in the next adventure!
Old April 13, 2011, 03:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

great coach. we will miss you. good luck with your next job.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 13, 2011, 03:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Reading this: "It's a shame I can't stay, but all good things come to an end." I feel sorry for him. When someone wants something so bad, he should be retained. But I'm afraid, it's time for a change for the sake of a possible improvement in BD cricket. Too many players are getting way too comfortable, they need to be dragged out of their comfort zone and shape up or ship out. But again, Jamie sounds very sincere from the CI article.....I'm sure he will do well in his next assignment.
Old April 13, 2011, 03:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mashrafe & Shakib!
Default Farewell O Lancelot!

There will always be naysayers coach, however, I can proudly say that I supported you always, thought the first match of this series made my support wain for you a little, but it all melted away soon.

Thank you for taking a third rate mediocre team and making it into a first rate team with enough potential to upset the Gods and the Titans in Cricketing Mythology ! May you find success in your future endeavor, and always remember this stint and our country of Bangladesh and its people, and may you and your family always find happiness and stay well.

Godspeed !
Old April 13, 2011, 03:48 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Jahurul Islam

Wish you good luck siddons MAMA. hope you will be more successful with your next job...... No doubt to say as a coach he improved himself day by day...now he's more matured than before
Old April 13, 2011, 04:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Bedayee Taklu Da... Nera ekbaar-e bell tolaye jai... don't go again with your nera matha. You are a good batting coach... stick with that for now, that will bring you more success and fame.
Old April 13, 2011, 04:31 PM
Cricket Legend

good bye coach. thanx for everything specially for the memorable banglawash!! cant thank you enough.
Old April 13, 2011, 05:02 PM
Club Cricketer

I'll really miss him a lot. I was one of his biggest supporters out there and I tried my best to raise awareness to why he is a good coach and should stay on. But I guess everything happens for the best and i would like to take this opportunity to share how grateful i am for his services to us. I sincerely thank him and wish him the best for all his future endeavors.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old April 13, 2011, 05:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

এই দেশে আরো তিনটি বছর থেকে যাওয়ার ইচ্ছে ছিলো জেমি সিডন্সের। কিন্তু বিসিবি চুক্তি নবায়ন না করায় বিদায় নিতে হচ্ছে। যাওয়ার আগে বলেছেন,“এই দেশটাকে আমার খুবই ভালো লেগেছে। অনেক কিছু পেয়েছি তোমাদের কাছ থেকে। মানুষকে আপন করে নিতে জানে প্রত্যেকে। অনেক ভালো মানুষ সবাই। বোর্ডের কাছ থেকে অনেক সমর্থন পেয়েছি।”

পাওয়ার মাঝে না পাওয়ার বেদনাও থাকে। জেমিরও আছে। এক প্রশ্নের উত্তরে যেমন বলেছেন,“সব সময় আমার পছন্দে দল হয়নি।”

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...36346&toppos=2
Old April 13, 2011, 05:23 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Thank you for all your hard work you really have changed the whole team in the best way possible, will miss you especially your presence in all the games and once again thank you.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 13, 2011, 06:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Thanks for everything coach. You certainly gave it your best shot.

I hope this is not the end of the road for JS in BD. I for one would love to have him back as a batting coach/advisor sort of thing for the national team or U19 or the academy squad.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old April 13, 2011, 06:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

it was good to see we finally took the powerplay at the 43rd over today

Thank you Siddons for all your hard work, support and dedication towards improving Bangladesh Cricket. You had a vision, a goal for Bangladesh Cricket. We might not appreciate the fruits of your labor now, maybe in three years? perhaps, once we finally win a test match against a non-zimbabwe side with those guys whom you have closely worked with to improve their batting technique and temperament!

Best of luck to you with your family and future!
Old April 13, 2011, 06:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I will just quote what I wrote in the other thread since this is where it really belongs. The last bit is of course now moot since we didn't win the game but still there were some excellent moments.

Jamie served Bangladesh cricket with sincerity and dedication. Regardless of whether we agree with his each and every decision now is the time for some grace and some class as we bid farewell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zobair
Indeed! Thank you very much for all your hard work. You poured your heart and soul into this team. Under your tutelage Bangladesh achieved their first series win against a major test nation and whitewashed them to boot in the process. No one can take that away from you! In ODIs we have become a decent side at home and more consistent than before. In test cricket, we are beginning to win more sessions, compete consistently over longer periods of the games - gone are the days when opposing teams would be urged to finish us off in 2 days! We have learnt to win the close games consistently! I know that you will continue to follow the progress of your former charges wherever you are. Best of luck with your future endeavours.

PS: I hope the boys win one last game for you and give you a memorable send-off!
Old April 13, 2011, 06:50 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

I wanted Siddons to stay for two more years. He could find out positives from bad situations and that helped the players to stay away from frustration. He loved Bangladesh and also brought his family (unlike other coaches) to stay here. He was making a slow but lasting progress. Hopefully he will come to Bangladesh in future as a batting consultant once every year.