facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old March 24, 2019, 02:38 PM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is online now
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: USAF AWACS
Favorite Player: Al-Amin
Posts: 1,861

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Wtf ? Why wouldn't this affect him being a citizen of an EU nation ?
Because only UK is affected.Rest of EU keep going about their day-to-day lives, unaffected by this change.
Reply With Quote

  #52  
Old March 24, 2019, 03:43 PM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Posts: 3,729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Because only UK is affected.Rest of EU keep going about their day-to-day lives, unaffected by this change.
The rest of the EU will also be negatively impacted by Brexit. This will hit the UK harder, but there will be an economic fallout for the entire region.

In order to minimize the pain, Britain needs to act decisively and quickly: either TMay's deal or no deal or revoke Article 50. Let's have clarity asap, so that everyone can move on to addressing other, more pressing problems.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old March 28, 2019, 08:21 AM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is online now
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: USAF AWACS
Favorite Player: Al-Amin
Posts: 1,861

There were votes last night by MP's. The govt. can choose to ignore them.

Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old March 28, 2019, 08:27 AM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is online now
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: USAF AWACS
Favorite Player: Al-Amin
Posts: 1,861

NO DEAL is now out of the question.
But, shockingly these traitorous MP's wanted UK to stay in the EU and this lost narrowly.
Also shockingly the 2nd referedum crap lost narrowly too.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old March 28, 2019, 10:10 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 24,621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
NO DEAL is now out of the question.
But, shockingly these traitorous MP's wanted UK to stay in the EU and this lost narrowly.
Also shockingly the 2nd referedum crap lost narrowly too.
Good news is April 12 isn't far away. A student who can't pass the test after studying for 2.5 years won't pass with 3 extra weeks.

Its going to be fun watching a no deal Brexit.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old March 28, 2019, 10:48 AM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is online now
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: USAF AWACS
Favorite Player: Al-Amin
Posts: 1,861

The problem is EU didn't want to budge at all. We kept shamelessly bending over and even then, they wouldn't budge!
How can you do a deal with someone who doesn't want to budge even an inch ?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old March 28, 2019, 01:58 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 24,621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
The problem is EU didn't want to budge at all. We kept shamelessly bending over and even then, they wouldn't budge!
How can you do a deal with someone who doesn't want to budge even an inch ?
UK should have anticipated that EU would not be happy and make it hard.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old March 28, 2019, 07:47 PM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Posts: 3,729

Not sure how the EU is to blame here. An agreement was negotiated with the UK government. Deadlines were extended so that the UK could clean up their mess. The only ones who can't make up their damn minds are the Brits.

The Tory Brexiters claimed that the UK would "hold all the cards" if people vote to leave. Not looking like that after all, eh?

Anyway, smile, you're going to have your country back. Think of the £350 million per week you'll have for the NHS. And rub your hands in glee at all those pesky Eastern Europeans you'll be able to kick out of your country!
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old March 29, 2019, 06:16 PM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is online now
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: USAF AWACS
Favorite Player: Al-Amin
Posts: 1,861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Not sure how the EU is to blame here. An agreement was negotiated with the UK government. Deadlines were extended so that the UK could clean up their mess. The only ones who can't make up their damn minds are the Brits.

The Tory Brexiters claimed that the UK would "hold all the cards" if people vote to leave. Not looking like that after all, eh?

Anyway, smile, you're going to have your country back. Think of the £350 million per week you'll have for the NHS. And rub your hands in glee at all those pesky Eastern Europeans you'll be able to kick out of your country!
Your arrogance is so shocking that I am beginning to think you are a troll. Let's see how you cope when we stop giving £60bn this year to fund your EU life.Btw, kun Europer deshey thaken ?

Last edited by Shingara; March 30, 2019 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: Changed 'a' to 'this'. Fast typing mistake on phone.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old March 29, 2019, 06:56 PM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Posts: 3,729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Your arrogance is so shocking that I am beginning to think you are a troll. Let's see how you cope when we stop giving £60bn a year to fund your EU life.Btw, kun Europer deshey thaken ?
Excuse me? You're the one claiming the Brits have the EU by the balls, and I am the one who's arrogant?

By the way, £60 billion per year? Where did you dig up that fictitious number? The UK's net contribution to the EU is £9 billion per year. Google it. That's 85% less than you claim.

Might I also remind you that since the 1980s, the UK has been getting a special rebate on its contributions to the EU budget. As a result, the UK's contributions are not proportionate to the size of its economy, quite unlike the rest of the EU members.

P.S. I don't live in the UK, if that's what you're actually trying to figure out.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old March 29, 2019, 09:58 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 24,621

Why don't the brits like eastern europeans? They are white and christian...whats the problem?

And they have the hottest girls...does England really want to reduce 50% of their sex appeal overnight?
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old March 30, 2019, 08:49 AM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Posts: 3,729

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Why don't the brits like eastern europeans? They are white and christian...whats the problem?

And they have the hottest girls...does England really want to reduce 50% of their sex appeal overnight?
For the same reasons that the Brits were hostile to Johnny Foreigner during the waves of immigration from the West Indies and South Asia. They are being scapegoated for everything: driving down wages, taking away plum jobs (toilet cleaner, taxi driver, construction worker, etc), opening up their shops and changing the look and feel of smaller, working class towns.

Anti-immigratnt sentiment is not a uniquely British problem. It exists the world over. I've seen it in Bangladesh, where they fret about the million plus Rohingya refugees. Indians complain about illegal immigrants from Bangladesh. Germans, Austrians and the Dutch complain about the Turks. The Italians and Spanish complain about African migrants. Americans are now looking to build a wall because of immigration from Mexico and Central America. The list is endless.

That said, the fact remains that the UK has taken in fewer EU immigrants than three other EU countries (Germany, France, Spain). More importantly, the UK has taken in fewer EU immigrants as a % of the total population than six other countries (Ireland, Belgium, Austria, Spain, Sweden, Germany). Yet, you don't see any of those countries sabotaging EU initiatives (including expansion to Eastern Europe), asking for a rebate on their contributions or working on their own versions of Brexit.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old March 30, 2019, 03:11 PM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is online now
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: USAF AWACS
Favorite Player: Al-Amin
Posts: 1,861

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Why don't the brits like eastern europeans? They are white and christian...whats the problem?

And they have the hottest girls...does England really want to reduce 50% of their sex appeal overnight?
Read post 17

And, wth about the hottest girls ? Eida ki kon?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old March 30, 2019, 03:16 PM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is online now
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: USAF AWACS
Favorite Player: Al-Amin
Posts: 1,861

So, Tessa put her sammeeee deal for a vote in parliament yesterday and she lost again ( What a surprise ... NOT! )
There are now talks of an election.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old March 30, 2019, 03:48 PM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib
Posts: 13,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

And they have the hottest girls...does England really want to reduce 50% of their sex appeal overnight?
At least it will reduce sex trafficking and I guess all these sex industries in UK will take a hit and be a bit cleaner if EE are sent back.

The displeasure of EE is due to many reasons.

To some extent the resintment comes due to political parties which are heavily assisted by the tabloid media. And in general the whole White world is going through a phase of racism and hatred towards immigrants.

Also when all the flood of EE beggers came to UK only after joining the EU wasn't taken positively.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old March 30, 2019, 09:22 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 24,621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho

Anti-immigratnt sentiment is not a uniquely British problem. It exists the world over. I've seen it in Bangladesh, where they fret about the million plus Rohingya refugees. Indians complain about illegal immigrants from Bangladesh. Germans, Austrians and the Dutch complain about the Turks. The Italians and Spanish complain about African migrants. Americans are now looking to build a wall because of immigration from Mexico and Central America. The list is endless.
In most of those cases there are racial and/or religious differences. For example Indians would be expected to resent Bangladeshi immigrants due to religion (same race). Similarly, European opposition to Turks also makes sense. But UK hostility to EEs is a throwback to a bygone era.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old March 30, 2019, 09:35 PM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Posts: 3,729

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
In most of those cases there are racial and/or religious differences. For example Indians would be expected to resent Bangladeshi immigrants due to religion (same race). Similarly, European opposition to Turks also makes sense. But UK hostility to EEs is a throwback to a bygone era.
I think what you're suggesting is that Eastern Europeans just blend in, but that is not necessarily the case.

In a crowd of white people, I would be able to pick out most of the Eastern Europeans quite reliably, much like I would be able to pick out the Bangladeshis in a crowd of brown people. There's just something distinct about them.

White British folks are protestant (Church of England), whereas Eastern Europeans are either Roman Catholic or Eastern Orthodox. Eastern Europeans also tend to be more religious.

There are also significant cultural differences between Eastern and Western Europeans.

And white or not, the minute an Eastern European person speaks in their mother tongue or heavily accented English, the jig is up.

Bottom line, Eastern Europeans don't blend into British society as seamlessly as you might think.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old July 21, 2019, 08:11 AM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is online now
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: USAF AWACS
Favorite Player: Al-Amin
Posts: 1,861

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
In most of those cases there are racial and/or religious differences. For example Indians would be expected to resent Bangladeshi immigrants due to religion (same race). Similarly, European opposition to Turks also makes sense. But UK hostility to EEs is a throwback to a bygone era.
The British society has certain standards. When an outsider comes here, you are expected to modify your behaviour accordingly to fit in. You can't come here and bring your back-in-my-own-country behaviour here. These EE's have not fit in and are affecting our society negatively. Moreover, they think this is their country and treat the rest of us non-whites as vermin who shouldn't have been here.
Ekhaney joto bhikhari dekha jay ajkal, Bangladeshey giye etogula dekhi nai.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old July 21, 2019, 08:17 AM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is online now
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: USAF AWACS
Favorite Player: Al-Amin
Posts: 1,861

In other news, Tessa is going and Boris Johnson or Jeremy Hunt will be our new PM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old July 23, 2019, 06:08 AM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is online now
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: USAF AWACS
Favorite Player: Al-Amin
Posts: 1,861

Congrats Boris. Now, let's get Brexit done.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old July 23, 2019, 07:31 PM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Posts: 3,729

The sooner the pesky little Brits are gone, the better.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old July 23, 2019, 08:28 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
The sooner the pesky little Brits are gone, the better.
HahHahaah

If I was UK citizen I would support brexit too. I never understood this European union. Every country should have borders. If u got no borders u got no identity. I would slap and kick anybody out who comes to my home and disrespects it or the ppl who live in it.

Where is it that I read maybe in this website that eastern European coming to England and hating on brown UK born nationals ? This is what happens when u have no borders . ...

I like many of trumps piliciies because of this ... USA need a tougher immigration policies . any family of any jodu moduu ppl enter this country . Such a drag in the system. Anyone who can not contribute to the nation or love the nation they are emigrating to should not be allowed in.
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old July 23, 2019, 08:43 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,477

The funniest thing happened to me I think it was in Jamaica . I was in a supermarket and was talking to wife in bangla after getting out .. This dude goes like "go back to your country". I looked at him .. Couldn't stop laughing just walled. The nutcase kept yelling Cuz I think I made him more angry by laughing .

I did wanna give him a lesson on economics on how my tourism money is probably keeping him fed but I respected his inner feelings him being local.

I still laugh whenever I think about it. Yes I got kicked out back to my poor country the USA!!!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old July 24, 2019, 06:22 AM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is online now
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: USAF AWACS
Favorite Player: Al-Amin
Posts: 1,861

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
The funniest thing happened to me I think it was in Jamaica . I was in a supermarket and was talking to wife in bangla after getting out .. This dude goes like "go back to your country". I looked at him .. Couldn't stop laughing just walled. The nutcase kept yelling Cuz I think I made him more angry by laughing .

I did wanna give him a lesson on economics on how my tourism money is probably keeping him fed but I respected his inner feelings him being local.

I still laugh whenever I think about it. Yes I got kicked out back to my poor country the USA!!!
Whoa... I never imagined Jamaicans to be like that. At least Bangladesher army/navy/air force asey. Jamaicar ki asey?
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old July 24, 2019, 10:51 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Whoa... I never imagined Jamaicans to be like that. At least Bangladesher army/navy/air force asey. Jamaicar ki asey?
He might have been an exception. all those islands of the Caribbean sea largely run on tourism money. Usually the people are nonchalant because they are used to so many tourists. But this guy probably been watching too much right wing TV news of important countries and thought it would be apt to throw one at someone without understanding how this whole thing works hearing me speak Bangla.

There is however increased level of annoyance of local people in many countries on high level of tourism (as they have exploded with cheaper travel these days). Also some countries do not like tourist from one region only. For example in Russia, they are trying very hard to increased the number of tourists in their country. Most tourists however are from neighboring China. And all these old chinese ppl travel in big tourist groups and I have heard of annoyed Russians.
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket