facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 13, 2017, 12:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I also dont think he could last till 2019 either in any format for international cricket. Wonder who will make Capt and VP once he is gone. Shakib and Tamim?
Not sure. I dont think BCB knows for sure. may be that's why they are not forcing the issue. They may monitor how Sakib is doing in t20 before giving him ODI.

Tamim is another interesting case. His injury kind of delayed the process I think.

Both of them have some positives and some big question marks (commitment).

But if they go with new coaches, they need to decide on TEST and ODI captain sooner than later.

If Riyad gets his form back, may be he will be seriously considered. I think he will be decent captain, but he need to perform consistently (like Tamim and Sakib) as a player to be in the team. Otherwise we will have another "Mashrafee" issue with Riyad.

Old November 13, 2017, 01:17 PM
Cricket Guru

The home series against SL is an ideal opportunity to give a farewell match to Mash and move on with a new captain. Shakib by default should take back the ODI team as well.
Old November 13, 2017, 01:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Not sure. I dont think BCB knows for sure. may be that's why they are not forcing the issue. They may monitor how Sakib is doing in t20 before giving him ODI.

Tamim is another interesting case. His injury kind of delayed the process I think.

Both of them have some positives and some big question marks (commitment).

But if they go with new coaches, they need to decide on TEST and ODI captain sooner than later.

If Riyad gets his form back, may be he will be seriously considered. I think he will be decent captain, but he need to perform consistently (like Tamim and Sakib) as a player to be in the team. Otherwise we will have another "Mashrafee" issue with Riyad.
How is Riyad as a Bpl/club captain? He seems to be more emotionally balanced among the seniors but seems to lack aggression though. But I would prefer a captain with some grit.

I personally think it is important that the new coach has a good relationship with the captain, so he can feed the plans to the rest of the team. But problem is the players think they are more superior than the coach.
Old November 13, 2017, 01:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

I would still persist with Mash let's not rush others with captaincy yet nobody performs consistently nowadays in Bangladesh team.

Mash himself knows about his physical, psychological capabilities to decide if he can continue or not. He has earned that
Old November 13, 2017, 01:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I would still persist with Mash let's not rush others with captaincy yet nobody performs consistently nowadays in Bangladesh team.

Mash himself knows about his physical, psychological capabilities to decide if he can continue or not. He has earned that
Second this.

Captaincy for Test and ODI should go to Tamim. T20 with Shakib. VC for Test Shakib, Riyad for ODIs and T20.

Shakib has too much in his plate. He needs to play care free (without the burden of the captaincy: Strategizing - uplifting the players etc. etc. T20 is just fun fun game). If too much pressure is applied then he would break and just quit Test. That would not be good for us for the long run. Yes, there is only one Shakib Al Hasan in BD and in the world. Admit it and move on.
Old November 13, 2017, 06:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

People were questioning Mash's bowling abilities and out of nowhere he destroyed English batting lineup by taking 4 wickets in early power plays about a year ago 2nd ODI... besides Fizz's rookie year, how many times do you see Bangladeshi Seamers rip through top opposition like that?

Let's face it, NONE of out pacers do jack in flat pitches anyways...Mash's replacement is not gonna set the world on fire.

Mash is still one of the best seamers in our side at least in home conditions. He may not have the pace but he still got other tricks.
Old November 13, 2017, 09:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Riyad is a decent skipper, but his place in the side is not guaranteed! Very inconsistent.

Shakib is looking the best bet.
Old November 14, 2017, 06:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Give Heath Streak a blank cheque along with a honorary BD citizenship. Accept any other perks he wants. He knows our team, the culture and expressed a desire before to coach the national team.

Every other option (Moody shoody toody etc) will NOT be available full time to coach BD.

Streak is the most realistic and the best option. His appointment means we get to sack 'Waste of space' Walsh and hire a proper batting coach.
Old November 14, 2017, 11:18 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz, Sabbir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
Give Heath Streak a blank cheque along with a honorary BD citizenship. Accept any other perks he wants. He knows our team, the culture and expressed a desire before to coach the national team.

Every other option (Moody shoody toody etc) will NOT be available full time to coach BD.

Streak is the most realistic and the best option. His appointment means we get to sack 'Waste of space' Walsh and hire a proper batting coach.
Heath Streak would be the best option but it looks like he is on a mission with the Zimbabwe team. Changed a lot of things around and things are looking good for them. It will be very difficult to convince but as they say, nothing is impossible.

Doubt BCB have him in their plans though.
Old November 14, 2017, 12:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Yes Health Streak is a good choice.

We can dream of any coach that we want, but unless BCB clean their house (i.e. process change, getting rid of trouble maker players, player with little common sense, internal politics), good coaches with other good choice will never come here for just for money.... they would want good environment for success and that includes young eager players who will work hard and eager to learn and progress.

A coach cannot do much with leaders like Mushfiq in the front. if he let Mushiq run, he will continue to make silly mistakes, and if you interfere from the locker room, he will whine and cry and complain to the press. Then you have Sakib who has all the things to be a great leader but is already one feet away from retirement, and therefore no long term commitment. Finally you have heavily wounded worrier who is a great mentor and a captain, but nothing left in his body... a great captain with a lousy fielding and batting with some mediocre (but intelligent) bowling.....waiting for career ending injury to happen any time.
Old November 14, 2017, 01:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Watching Jayawardene coaching one of the side I am thinking whether we can lure him into head coach job. Not a proven option but I think he would do a very decent job with the team. I also think Anil Kumble would make great coach for us. Dont know if we could get any of them because they would be surely expensive.
Old November 14, 2017, 01:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

My Observation:

1. Jadukor is not a Bangladeshi. He is not a South Asian or a Zimbabwean/Kenyan as well. He doesn't know where the money goes. lol. Are you from planet Mars?

2. Sanga-Jaya. Smartest people around. They wouldn't tie themselves up as a National Head coach even with a lots of money on the table. Part time gig here and there, Plus the advisory payroll for SL (at home). They are not COMING.

3. Streak: Is on a mission. HOWEVER, Zim board just announced they are short in cash, lol. Can't pay the players till next year. I am sure the payments for the coaching staff will get delayed as well. Put the offer in US dollars. I am sure he will listen.

4. Dave, Siddons, Pybus.... we can do better. They have their limitations. Get the assistant coaches of Australia, England and talk to them.
Old November 14, 2017, 02:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC

I would try to put together a coaching team consists of Bob Willis, Zaheer Abbas, Abdul Qadir, Jeff Thompson and Dennis Lillee

Then the world would find out Koto Dhaane Kotu Chaul!
Old November 14, 2017, 02:23 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Fizzy

I just wanted to say something about Mahela because somebody brought him up in the earlier posts on here. He's been another Hathuru. Too much tinkering and not willing to stabilize KT lineup. Plus, he seems to be too stubborn too. Maybe, Mahela will be a great coach someday, but I don't see any difference between him and Hathuru, in terms of tactical and strategic planning and personnel management skills. Besides, BCB needs to get out of this "we are going to hire another Subcontinent coach" mentality. Just because Hathuru worked out for you for the last 3 years, does not mean somebody else will work out for this team going forward. Besides, before Hathuru, they were all falling over their collective faces with foreign coaches from Australia and South Africa, etc. It's not like subcontinent coaches were great for us in the past either before Hathuru came along. Personally, I want them to start off a wide-range of coaching search. It doesn't matter where the coach is from (he could be from Jupiter for all I care), I want a guy who knows what the heck he is doing. That is all. Thank you.
Old November 15, 2017, 10:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

Lolz..Indian media and their far-fetching articles...made me laugh..
https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/...nguly-as-coach
Old November 15, 2017, 10:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezwansyed
Some of the same reasons why Ganguly ain’t the Head Coach of Indian team
Old November 15, 2017, 11:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezwansyed
Nicely written by Eclipse.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 15, 2017, 11:22 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Nicely written by Eclipse.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
lol we finally know his real name!
Old November 15, 2017, 11:33 AM
Banned for 1 week

Favorite Player: Kohli

You would be extremely lucky to have someone like Dada as your coach, highly unlikely though, that article was just an opinion piece btw.
Old November 15, 2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
You would be extremely lucky to have someone like Dada as your coach, highly unlikely though, that article was just an opinion piece btw.
Dada is a No No for me. For few reasons:

-> Bold personality: Which I like, but BCB won't like it
-> He is very moody which will eventually create prob among the MGT team
-> TI / Shak might not very fond of the prince ... remember IPL when TI was in dada's team and TI has to sit out...
-> He will be costly for BCB
-> and so on....
Old November 15, 2017, 11:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Beta Unmad Kumar Dey, aka Eclipse, koi ki?

Danguly as head coach of BD would be a freaking nightmare. The superiority complex he'd bring to the table would set us back at least 10 years. We have tried the Indian/Pakistani coach experiment in the past, and it has always backfired.
Old November 15, 2017, 12:04 PM
Banned for 1 week

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Dada is a No No for me. For few reasons:

-> Bold personality: Which I like, but BCB won't like it
Boldness is what you need atm, can't expect a handsome return without bold investment, last thing you need is a defensive coach

Quote:
-> He is very moody which will eventually create prob among the MGT team
Didn't know you know him personally There is nothing wrong in fighting with the management for the right cause, it shows gumption and character, we are forever grateful to him that he faught else we would not have seen the likes of Bhajji, Zaheer, Sehwag, Dhoni or Yuvi.

Quote:
-> TI / Shak might not very fond of the prince ... remember IPL when TI was in dada's team and TI has to sit out...
Very poor logic with all due respect, he can handle BD superstars lol, he ran a team full of megastars and ATGs, forced a legend like Dravid to keep for the sake of the team for crying out loud.

Quote:
-> He will be costly for BCB
That I agree, as I said can't expect healthy result without good investment.

Quote:
-> and so on....
hell, I would give anything to see him coaching team India and mentoring Kohli. A great player, legendary captain, one of the greatest cricketing minds of all time but that ship has sailed I think

Last edited by Roy_1; November 15, 2017 at 12:46 PM..
Old November 15, 2017, 01:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Ganguly is too much of a politician to be a coach. Wherever role he worked in he had managed to attract controversy.
Old November 15, 2017, 01:32 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I dont think Saurobh will stay when he finds out that our players are super lazy, our directors are super corrupt. Besides, dont think he has proper coaching background. So whats the point
Old November 15, 2017, 01:37 PM
Cricket Sage

He will be perfect fit for Nepal team (if not Indian team), not ours.