facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 30, 2022, 03:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
What is the secret to Afghanistan's success in T20? I know they play a lot and got a lot of power hitters as well as fabulous spin, but look how far they have progressed yet comparatively we haven't in overall areana.
They are still overall mediocre team in T20. It's just our team is really pathetic in T20. I think even Scotland is better than us.

Old August 30, 2022, 03:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Why do these guys keep talking about power hitting? Does Najibullah, SKY, Babar, Kohli, look like power hitters?
Old August 31, 2022, 11:17 AM
Cricket Guru

It's unfortunate how fans and team management trashing Mustafiz for giving 17 runs in a death over. While I am not happy about it either, it's normal for any bowler in the world to give away that many runs in a T20 death over. We got to learn to be accepting that a bowler may be hit for few boundaries during power play and death overs. Our problem is batters not giving us enough to defend. Generally, our bowlers (including Mustafiz and Taskin) have been doing a fine job trying to defend whatever they got.

Nabi pointed out during post match that it was not a good idea to bat first on a newly laid pitch to begin with. We handed the advantage to the Afghans, who knew better how the pitch behaving when they came to bat. We keep making this sort of poor decisions because our batters lack confidence to chase.
Old August 31, 2022, 11:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Why was Taskin and Saifuddin's quotas not used up by Shakib? Why keep it till the end? Did he think our pacers can choke the batsmen?
Old August 31, 2022, 01:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
It's unfortunate how fans and team management trashing Mustafiz for giving 17 runs in a death over. While I am not happy about it either, it's normal for any bowler in the world to give away that many runs in a T20 death over. We got to learn to be accepting that a bowler may be hit for few boundaries during power play and death overs. Our problem is batters not giving us enough to defend. Generally, our bowlers (including Mustafiz and Taskin) have been doing a fine job trying to defend whatever they got.

Nabi pointed out during post match that it was not a good idea to bat first on a newly laid pitch to begin with. We handed the advantage to the Afghans, who knew better how the pitch behaving when they came to bat. We keep making this sort of poor decisions because our batters lack confidence to chase.
People are harsh on Mustafizz because he lost his fizz while ago. I don't think the loss was due to any player specifically. Collectively we were just not good enough. I primarily blame think tank and management for misreading the pitch, questionable toss decision, poor selection of under performing players.

Honestly, if there is no drastic changes from the top we will continue to lose against likes of Scotland, Hong Kong, Afghanistan, and continue to be laughing stock of world cricket.
Old August 31, 2022, 11:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
People are harsh on Mustafizz because he lost his fizz while ago. I don't think the loss was due to any player specifically. Collectively we were just not good enough. I primarily blame think tank and management for misreading the pitch, questionable toss decision, poor selection of under performing players.
Ashraful pointed out that an under performing Fizz is still good enough to choke runs in the middle overs, and that's how you provide respite to a player who is not at his peak form. Our team management is just going with wishful thinking instead of figuring out how to make the best use of players we have.
Old September 1, 2022, 03:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
What is the secret to Afghanistan's success in T20? I know they play a lot and got a lot of power hitters as well as fabulous spin, but look how far they have progressed yet comparatively we haven't in overall areana.
Afghanistan players and management show humility. They do not create the myth that their players are superstars and world beaters. They just put their head down, keep improving and let their performance do the talking.
Old September 1, 2022, 08:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Why do these guys keep talking about power hitting? Does Najibullah, SKY, Babar, Kohli, look like power hitters?
Powerhitter doesn't mean you have to be musculuar like Zia. Who won the game for India? Pandya. I think many use powerhitter interchangably with slogging. But I'd still say we need a lower order pinch-hitting mavericks (7 and 8) to get over the ropes - literally. I mean had we been in India's position and needed 3, we'd sh)) our pants, let alone when the demand is 50 off 20.

T20 is ALL about powerhitting for the most part even though there is a mini template of ODI in microcosm where you have to build up instead of hitting straight go with middlegame in play. But such is the tricky nature that even if one scores 8 runs in 15th over, the runrate drastically shoots up and hence the need for brute slogging.

Culturally we have always struggled with slogging as it has been heavily criticized instead of giving the players greenlight to go and play as they please (which perhaps had more leeway in the past).

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 1, 2022, 08:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:

Honestly, if there is no drastic changes from the top we will continue to lose against likes of Scotland, Hong Kong, Afghanistan, and continue to be laughing stock of world cricket.

Also batters quickly figured out to play his cutter.

Old September 1, 2022, 08:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan
Afghanistan players and management show humility. They do not create the myth that their players are superstars and world beaters. They just put their head down, keep improving and let their performance do the talking.
I have been criticized in the past for dragging religion into cricket, but I believe religion also works like magic for them. The cohesive unit of an ummah - who sleeps, breath, eat and of course, pray together- brings them in a confident sync which almost gets them into a group flow. (From the players always saying Bismillah in international press to their well known tightknit fidelity in faith sort of insulates them. Contrast this with Pakistanis who are still not that religious.) It's almost they think as one in telepathic speed.

Hopefully people wouldn't mind bringing this topic. I had to mention it because at the end of the day it doesn't matter if religion or frikkin skiiing or scuba diving or heavy metal or yoga, if there is a STRONG COMMON THREAD that bonds and wefts togetherthen you KNOW you are fighting for a higher cause. These psychological strategies PLAYS MORE EFFECT and 1000x more powerful than just some 'oh tell them to tweak the finger to 12 degree and we will get wickets like buckets..' or for that matter 'oh there are six easy runs in an over, if only they work hard they can get it' simpleton, uninsightful vanilla "logic".

(As an aside, I want to mention that I once went to a bootcamp to survice for 50 hours but I couldn't make it past 1 hour. Years later a Pakistani dude went to the same camp run by Navy SEAL and completed 20 hours of his allocated goal. Although he is a 'pathaan' and grew up in hardy Pakistan, exercise and physical fitness has always been the a way of life whether it be tennis, UFC boxing, squash etc. The cherry on top, however, was when asked what pushed him through? He said his belief in Higher Power and Allah that no matter what He will get him through.)

Faith can be a superpower which galvanizes and emboldens into unstoppable confidence.

(Sorry godzilla for the long response and being slightly off topic. Then again this is not off topic imo, but tangentially VERY interesting to see what makes a winning team click and thrive who are hot.)

Old September 1, 2022, 09:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

^ That was some bs!